What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Can any of you defending leaving the doors open honestly say you didn't see that coming?
In a thread dedicated to pointing out plot holes, no one mentioned locking the cell doors at night until after the last episode. I guess we're all just as dumb as the characters.
:lmao: :goodposting:
:shrug: Sorry I didn't show up sooner. Maybe everyone else just assumed they were because you know 99.9999% of the show is when the characters are awake doing stuff.
Or you can let this go as a plot device in a ### ####ed show
Yeah, I agree it is the plot. My point is that it's bad.

One more nitpick. Shower boy turns zombie, finds the guy asleep in the cell and starts feasting away. Now, when someone was coming and the noise got his attention, he got up and left. Human buffet in the bed turns shortly after. You have to assume he was dead for awhile. If junior had not been distracted, how much longer would he have dined on him? Could the guy have turned and would junior have kept on eating? Kind of makes me wonder why the walkers just don't eat each other.

One more nitpick. Shower boy turns zombie, finds the guy asleep in the cell and starts feasting away. Now, when someone was coming and the noise got his attention, he got up and left. Human buffet in the bed turns shortly after. You have to assume he was dead for awhile. If junior had not been distracted, how much longer would he have dined on him? Could the guy have turned and would junior have kept on eating? Kind of makes me wonder why the walkers just don't eat each other.
This was covered on Talking Dead. One zombie can't eat a whole kill in the amount of time it takes that kill to turn. Zombies don't eat each other either.

Greg Nicotero said they stop feeding when someone turns.

In a thread dedicated to pointing out plot holes, no one mentioned locking the cell doors at night until after the last episode. I guess we're all just as dumb as the characters.
I mentioned it several times in this thread that people can die during the night and start killing.

yep, and didn't they, at some point early in the series, cover themselves with a zombie corpse at one point as a way to fool the walkers? or am I thinking of another zombie apocalypse show?

yep, and didn't they, at some point early in the series, cover themselves with a zombie corpse at one point as a way to fool the walkers? or am I thinking of another zombie apocalypse show?
Yes. They've also smeared themselves in zombie guts to obscure their 'fresh' smell.

I have always thought that they should lock the doors. Ever since they had an old man who had his leg amputated living with them. Hell, just as an old man who could have a heart attack in his sleep, I'd lock my door.

That said, I don't think it takes away from the show that they didn't. The world is full of stupid people. Why should this show be any different? :shrug:
I assumed the stupidest people were already zombie food. :shrug:
Most of them are, we're watching a lucky group of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, if the prison is done for, where will the group end up later on? There has to be some ideas as to where they will go.
Will put my thoughts in a spoiler tag as it has to do with the preview trailer and some avoid those like a Zombie Plague ;)

In the previews, the group in the car hear something on the radio.. Guessing there will be more about a survivor camp/city and once they determine the prison is no long safe they will head there.

That explains why the woman (Rick shot her in the head after saying he was sorry for what happened to her in season 1) on the grass only had half her body. She was eaten but a few but turned herself.

So, if the prison is done for, where will the group end up later on? There has to be some ideas as to where they will go.
Will put my thoughts in a spoiler tag as it has to do with the preview trailer and some avoid those like a Zombie Plague ;)

In the previews, the group in the car hear something on the radio.. Guessing there will be more about a survivor camp/city and once they determine the prison is no long safe they will head there.
yep, but it will be interesting how

they get through the huge army of walkers on the highway

U-Turn.

U-Turn.
Reverse

Follow up on the mice feeding....are/were the mice infected or is the flu something else? A single mouse is just teasing a starving zombie, so my thought is that the mice play a larger role in the sickness angle.

Were the rats making the zombies sick?
Hard to get sick when you're dead. The Zombies with the red eyes are ones who died from the flu strain, they didn't die then catch the flu.

Whoever was feeding them rats (ill intent or not) caused them to bunch up at the fence. Likely the noise from the feeding frenzy drawing them all to one place. Number 1 suspect for me is still Willis (who has bad intentions), #2 the crazy girl (who is just screwed up).

Sorry of this has been answered, but who was feeding the mice to the zombies?
Still a mystery. Some suspects are...

Crazy teen girl just adopted by Carol

Carl to get his gun back

Military guy that seems shady
not a mystery at all. It was obviously #1. Do they have to spell put every single thing for you people? Maybe they should do obvious dexter voiceovers.
I'd say it's possible that it's that simple giving the level of writing going on. They would beat you over the head with such an obvious "mystery" but I would like to think that because it is SO obvious, they have another thought in mind.

Carl to get his gun back

not a mystery at all. It was obviously #1. Do they have to spell put every single thing for you people? Maybe they should do obvious dexter voiceovers.
Disagree. I don't think Sophia 2.0 knows how to get past the first fence. The rat feeding obviously happened at the second (outer) fence.

Agree with Stu on the rat feeding. But, I don't know, maybe she dragged a step-ladder out there. I think they want us to think it's the little girl, but I can't quite get there. No idea who else to nominate here though.

I have to believe that the Governor is the one out there driving all of the zombies toward the prison. Bent on revenge, wants to destroy the new little utopia, etc etc. It seems like that would be a good way to bring him back in and also a good catalyst to drive the characters out of the prison and onto the next plotline. I don't know how many episodes he's signed on for, but the Governor coming back riding herd on a group of zombies to finish off the prison sanctuary might be a good way to end the first half of the season.

One thing I've liked so far, regarding the writing: It seems they've made an effort to make the characters, especially Darryl and Michonne, a little more, I don't know, likeable maybe? They aren't constantly standoffish and we even saw a little humor from them in the first couple of episodes. I think it makes them easier to relate to and root for.

Lots of expected realism for a show based on a comic book.
Honestly...this damn comment just needs to stop.

I have no idea how you and others who keep posting this nonsense cannot see what we're saying here.

Put the fanboy rationalization on hold for a moment and realize we're just saying that there are SERIOUS holes in this writing.

Just because we have Zombies...doesn't mean people should be able to miraculously fly, right?

Or...if one of the characters decided he wanted to fly...just by simply choosing to do so...with no reasoning or anything to help us understand why this guy can now fly within this zombie infested universe...would you still defend the show with this canned response when we come in here to question it and call it ridiculous?

You know exactly what people are saying here and it's not unreasonable. Pretty much all of us watch Game of Thrones...but you don't see the same level of vitriol pointed at that show because even though they have magic, dragons, walking dead, etc...it's STILL WELL WRITTEN...and there's simply NO REASON why this can't be as well thought out...or at the very least, CONSIDERED...but the nonsense we have to swallow each week gets larger and larger with no foot off the gas.

We're just asking for a little common damned sense...you don't have to have military geniuses or zombie apocalypse experts to know you should find a damn way to secure your sleeping quarters...it's a DAMN PRISON FOR GOD'S SAKE...use it's inherent freakin qualities!
No, it doesn't need to stop. With the nitpicking going on in here, it absolutely deserves its place.

The writing isn't the greatest, we all get that. It's the stupid nitpicking of issues that can and have been answered, or at least justified, that gets overlooked.

Locking everyone in their cell. Fine. Great. That would be smart. But as stated in this thread, they have 2 sets of keys.

Building a moat. Great. Awesome idea. With how long that would take and the resources available, yeah, that'd be easy.....

You say:

"but the nonsense we have to swallow each week gets larger and larger with no foot off the gas."

No, the writing isn't as good as Breaking Bad. Not many shows are. I still don't understand why people watch this if they hate the writing. Is that a canned enough response for ya as well? You want some "common damned sense", how about not watching a show that has horrible writing/story lines?

Agree with Stu on the rat feeding. But, I don't know, maybe she dragged a step-ladder out there. I think they want us to think it's the little girl, but I can't quite get there. No idea who else to nominate here though.

I have to believe that the Governor is the one out there driving all of the zombies toward the prison. Bent on revenge, wants to destroy the new little utopia, etc etc. It seems like that would be a good way to bring him back in and also a good catalyst to drive the characters out of the prison and onto the next plotline. I don't know how many episodes he's signed on for, but the Governor coming back riding herd on a group of zombies to finish off the prison sanctuary might be a good way to end the first half of the season.

One thing I've liked so far, regarding the writing: It seems they've made an effort to make the characters, especially Darryl and Michonne, a little more, I don't know, likeable maybe? They aren't constantly standoffish and we even saw a little humor from them in the first couple of episodes. I think it makes them easier to relate to and root for.
:yes:

The Governor will be on this season, so my 2c is that is the storyline builds to episode 8 (mid season break) to see his return.

:yes:

The Governor will be on this season, so my 2c is that is the storyline builds to episode 8 (mid season break) to see his return.
Yep

Carl to get his gun back

I'd say it's possible that it's that simple giving the level of writing going on. They would beat you over the head with such an obvious "mystery" but I would like to think that because it is SO obvious, they have another thought in mind.
Karen? Do we know for sure she is dead?

Moving past the nitpicking...

So do we think Karen & red shirt died of the fever and then were dragged out and burned or do we think someone didn't want to take the risk and put them down? My guess is the "council" made an executive decision to burn them without telling anyone first to try and contain the disease. Even if they say it was after the fever killed them, there'd be no way to know for certain.

Oh, and I don't watch the previews because this show is very bad about giving things away (like the mid season finale last year when it was obvious that Rick & company attacked and freed Darryl.) So would appreciate people keeping that stuff in spoiler boxes.

Problems with Walking Dead:

1. Liberals

2. How come nobody's hair is ever dirty except that one guy with the crossbow?

3. Zombies? Come on.

4. Sharing.

5. Caring.

6. Arguing

7. Sex.

8. I haven't seen much of the show but how come that horse had to get eaten? That was mean.

9. Cops afraid to exercise their authority.

10. Gun control (lady gets gun taken from her)

11. Gas shortage (peak oil is debunked)

12. Obama

I have no idea how you and others who keep posting this nonsense cannot see what we're saying here.

Put the fanboy rationalization on hold for a moment and realize we're just saying that there are SERIOUS holes in this writing.

Just because we have Zombies...doesn't mean people should be able to miraculously fly, right?

Or...if one of the characters decided he wanted to fly...just by simply choosing to do so...with no reasoning or anything to help us understand why this guy can now fly within this zombie infested universe...would you still defend the show with this canned response when we come in here to question it and call it ridiculous?

You know exactly what people are saying here and it's not unreasonable. Pretty much all of us watch Game of Thrones...but you don't see the same level of vitriol pointed at that show because even though they have magic, dragons, walking dead, etc...it's STILL WELL WRITTEN...and there's simply NO REASON why this can't be as well thought out...or at the very least, CONSIDERED...but the nonsense we have to swallow each week gets larger and larger with no foot off the gas.

We're just asking for a little common damned sense...you don't have to have military geniuses or zombie apocalypse experts to know you should find a damn way to secure your sleeping quarters...it's a DAMN PRISON FOR GOD'S SAKE...use it's inherent freakin qualities!
No, it doesn't need to stop. With the nitpicking going on in here, it absolutely deserves its place.
Sorry but you're wrong. This is a big-budget show. They promo the hell out of it. AMC presents it as high quality television and refers to it in the same breath as Mad Men and Breaking Bad. It even has its own after-show (Talking Dead). This is not Scooby-Doo.

It is absolutely appropriate to criticize the sloppy writing and lack of realism.

Sorry but you're wrong. This is a big-budget show. They promo the hell out of it. AMC presents it as high quality television and refers to it in the same breath as Mad Men and Breaking Bad. It even has its own after-show (Talking Dead). This is not Scooby-Doo.

It is absolutely appropriate to criticize the sloppy writing and lack of realism.
It is a big budget show, however each year it gets lower and lower. Kinda funny huh? Anyways, what does the budget have anything to do with what I said? You know, the rest of my quote you ignored. Again.

It is a big budget show, however each year it gets lower and lower. Kinda funny huh? Anyways, what does the budget have anything to do with what I said? You know, the rest of my quote you ignored. Again.
:lmao: You say this while ignoring the rest of my post as well.

:lmao: You say this while ignoring the rest of my post as well.
Nothing else was worth responding to, as usual.

Again, for the ADD crowd here, sure the show has some shady writing. I think we all can agree. Some of the things being consistently nitpicked have been very logical complaints. Alot of them however, have been stupid, and people keep harping on those same ones. Many in here have explained why maybe they wrote, or failed to write, something in. Such as the cell doors. Such as the moat. The list is longer than the logical complaints. So yes, again I say with the nitpicking going on in here, this quote absolutely deserves its place: "Lots of expected realism for a show based on a comic book".

Just forget it. You're the guy that just now started to notice Sons of Anarchy is crap. Discussing this with you is pointless.
Yet you continue to watch, and instigate in both threads. You watch two shows with horrible writing, plots, and acting. Good job. Sorry you have nothing better to do with your time.

I think we can all agree that the writers decided to write a show where the characters don't think logically. I've accepted that and am going to keep watching this cheesy zombie show.

It is a big budget show, however each year it gets lower and lower.
Do we actually know this, or is it an assumption based on the one drop we know about?

Season 1 had a $3.4 million per episode budget. That was reportedly dropped to $2.6 million per episode for season 2. I haven't heard anything about season 3 or 4.

They were on the move in season 1, season 2 was mostly at the farm, season 3 was mostly at the prison AND Woodbury.

My guess is S1$ > S3$ > S2$

Do we actually know this, or is it an assumption based on the one drop we know about?

Season 1 had a $3.4 million per episode budget. That was reportedly dropped to $2.6 million per episode for season 2. I haven't heard anything about season 3 or 4.

They were on the move in season 1, season 2 was mostly at the farm, season 3 was mostly at the prison AND Woodbury.

Don't know about season 4, but season's 3 budget was "supposed" to be larger than season 2, but smaller than 1.

Not sure that a big budget correlates to better writing though.

Don't know about season 4, but season's 3 budget was "supposed" to be larger than season 2, but smaller than 1.

Not sure that a big budget correlates to better writing though.
S1 budget was $3.4M per episode and they cut S2 to $2.8M. Supposedly they increased the budget a little in S3 but no numbers were released.

Users who are viewing this thread