What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'Fear The Walking Dead' Thread*** (1 Viewer)

It's on my DVR too.

I honestly couldn't remember if I bailed or not already. Had to go back a page....looks like I've already tapped out. 

Also finally gave up on twd.

If I didn't remember what a #### show it turned into, I'd almost feel nostalgic for it. So thank you guys for keeping the torch alive and reminding us.

Season premiere... meh.  New antagonists, new scared characters.  Alicia about to go the way of Sasha in TWD.  Wants to kill everything.  Maybe the return of Daniel will bring something to the cast.  Not much else on during summer months so I'll watch/DVR.  

• Morgan - I could do without him.  He just takes redemption way too far at the expense of those around him.
  •  
Was mind blowing yesterday when he keeps pushing for this random dude he has talked to on a CB radio a few times because he feels this need to help people. Well dopey, how about the 3 kids you are currently with who seem to be completely on their own and are scared about something? Maybe tell this Logan guy you will get to him another time and actually help someone right in front of you, who is vulnerable and needy?

I dig this one better than the original (tapped out of that when they killed Glenn).  Don't know why but I just like the characters. The new cowboy guy (the one from Deadwood) is the ####.

So was the point of this episode that 1) Morgan is a moron that will never learn no matter how much they lose or how many lives they risk or how many people die? Or was it 2) no matter how long the apocalypse goes on, idiots will still wander out on their own and put themselves in constant, unnecessary danger? I suppose the correct answer is "All of the above."

DallasDMac said:
So was the point of this episode that 1) Morgan is a moron that will never learn no matter how much they lose or how many lives they risk or how many people die? Or was it 2) no matter how long the apocalypse goes on, idiots will still wander out on their own and put themselves in constant, unnecessary danger? I suppose the correct answer is "All of the above."
Also enough with stupid camcorder. 

Did they ever tell us where they got the plane and how the reporter knew how to fly one?  They crash the plane and everyone is knocked out/injured except for Alicia who's quickly outside efficiently dispatching walkers/biters/roamers/and now growlers with parts of the propeller?  Or was she already there in anticipation of the crash landing?  

And now Victor wants to go get another plane?

Speaking of the camcorder lady... where did she get that nice truck that she took out into the rain (just couldn't wait until morning because the walker probably would have got off the pole and walked away) to film the impelled walker?  If they have a nice truck then why would Victor need to go find another plane to come get them?  And why would any of them get onto another plane piloted by someone who isn't a pilot?  Why won't Morgan learn that people tend not to tell the truth?  

How did Stewart's mom manage to brew the beer?  The list of ingredients Jimbo quoted to her was quite exotic (e.g. Belgium and Persian wheat and barley) and not often found in the fields of Mississippi or Texas.  

so i'm only 10-15 minutes in, but premise right now is interviewer seems to be kidnapped with a box of guns and assorted weapons. so they decide to send 2 to check it out with a stick and broken tailpipe. against a box of guns stolen..... 

honestly, how does someone get a job writing for any of these shows.

oh good, now we come back to some lady with a mask on giving a diatribe through the mask.

With all the different directions you could go with radiation during a zombie apocalypse leave it to these guys to show you exactly what not to do.

With all the different directions you could go with radiation during a zombie apocalypse leave it to these guys to show you exactly what not to do.
Haven’t watched this season yet and I’m wondering if I will. I miss Travis and his wife. When he went to the dark side at the hotel and just crushed that guy, man that was awesome. Madison just offing people to help save her kids was a great character. Even though the show started poorly by not showing the actual start of the apocalypse, it seemed to pick up steam but Morgan and some of the new characters have made it meh again. That stupid evil black lady last season was annoying after a while and it doesn’t sound any better. 

Just spitballing here, but why wouldnt the nuclear woman and the rest of the crew just, you know, flee the freaking area instead of messing around with the contaminated walkers?  They who "we have to find everyone" shtick is just godawful.  

love coming back in here and getting the nutshell plot updates and comments.

I do miss having one of these shows be worth watching though. I did enjoy them while the run lasted. 

I agree that Fear the Walking Dead is not nearly as enjoyable as when it started.  However, a show has to be really bad for me to quit watching it so I will continue.  The last show I quit watching was The Wire in season 4.

Glad to see the stuck with the "single person, this time on drugs to boot, goes out alone and immediately suffers the consequences" schtick. Seriously, this group would be totally dead by now.

Dwight!

Instead of running up to Dwight trapped under a dead body and poking the only two zombies still alive in the eyeballs Jon runs back to get his rifle, has Dwight hold up his hatchet just right so the bullet he fires at it----- splits in two (gets cut in half by the hatchet) and ricochets off at exact angles to hit in the head and kill each of the two zombies at the same time.    :lmao:

Kind of feel bad for bumping this horrible thread, but, this jump the shark moment has to rank pretty high up there.

Well, Jon did say he was a trick shot artist and the whole episode was set as a spaghetti western in an old western town where Jon performed in his shows.  As ridiculous as that episode was it was one of the more enjoyable, imo.  But lots of bullets were used unnecessarily.  

This last episode where Al finds her a girlfriend and they have to scale a cliff to go up and get cans of helicopter fuel is the worst of the franchise for me. 

There is a helo pad on top of the cliff.  Your helicopter is down at the bottom of the cliff and out of gas.  Why not land up there and refuel before you set it down in the first place?  

You choose to climb the cliff in a spot where a walker is hanging growling at you as you climb up right next to him.  Why he decides to rock climb during the apocalypse is another question, though I suppose he could have been part of her organization and it had something to do with helicopter fuel.  But you don't think you should maybe avoid him and climb 15 yards to the right?  

They need to realize that Al can't carry an episode by herself.  All the dopey googly eyes and awkward love drama between the two was just silly.  Then, after the soldier melts and opens up to her and plants a big ole kiss on her... she decides that she still has to kill Al because Al knows too much... even after she destroys the tape she was looking for.  And Al just turns around and closes her eyes.  W.T.F?  :lmao:   

The tape was just some woman talking about how the Army and Nat'l Guard were closing in from different directions and how they started shooting at each other.  Can't let that get out or head's will roll in Washington!  Psst... there ain't no Army no more.  And your orders are to kill any civilians that may know of what's going on to cover up what's going on?  Good grief. 

It's basically Mystery Science Theater 3000 weekly viewing at this point.  

Jayrok said:
The tape was just some woman talking about how the Army and Nat'l Guard were closing in from different directions and how they started shooting at each other.  Can't let that get out or head's will roll in Washington!  Psst... there ain't no Army no more.  And your orders are to kill any civilians that may know of what's going on to cover up what's going on?  Good grief.
Wrong tape. The tape she burned was about the helo folks and they didn't want that to get out. The other was about not being there for her brother.

Not even worth talking about anymore I guess. Are people still watching, or has everyone just given up? Or maybe the last few episodes have been less horrendous so people don't have anything to mock?

I still watch. The plotline is terrible but I like these characters more than Madison and Travis or whatever.  I'm glad they brought Salazar back for the one episode though.  And I wish we still had Druggie Depp.  But I like the sharpshooter from Deadwood and the dad from that Raising whatever show, and Dharma is pretty good too.

I still watch. The plotline is terrible but I like these characters more than Madison and Travis or whatever.  I'm glad they brought Salazar back for the one episode though.  And I wish we still had Druggie Depp.  But I like the sharpshooter from Deadwood and the dad from that Raising whatever show, and Dharma is pretty good too.
I've enjoyed the last two episodes. I watch while I work out and am just looking for a distraction. I suppose just the lack of anything truly cringe-worthy the past two weeks is what did it for me. And I still find it likely that's why the postings dropped to zero. I reckon if there isn't anything to truly chastise, then the show really isn't worth posting over.

I just noticed I have 4 episodes in my dvr of this show unwatched.  The last one I saw it had kids fixing a plane and the black dude in a balloon bringing the props to fly it.  I totally pulled the plug after that.  My question is it worth the time to zip through these episodes and catch myself back up or just straight delete?

I just noticed I have 4 episodes in my dvr of this show unwatched.  The last one I saw it had kids fixing a plane and the black dude in a balloon bringing the props to fly it.  I totally pulled the plug after that.  My question is it worth the time to zip through these episodes and catch myself back up or just straight delete?
Hard delete IMO.

This whole season has been and it’s too bad. It had gotten better than TWD, which isn’t saying much but at least made it watchable. As bad as it’s been, it’s still not down to the horrific writing of the getting stuff from the Smithsonian or movie theaters for some stupid god awful fair. It’s still miles better than TWD.

Straight delete. 

I'm sick and tired of the video camera.  Entire episodes from the perspective of Al's video camera inside the show.  Feels like Cloverfield but with crappiness instead of awesomeness. 

Alicia going through similar stages as Morgan did in TWD...  :yawn:

I hung in there until they flew the balloon shaped like a beer bottle and that hispanic dude was stuck under the truck when all he had to do was roll out the other side. I just couldn't do it anymore.  It's like the writers aren't even trying.

I hung in there until they flew the balloon shaped like a beer bottle and that hispanic dude was stuck under the truck when all he had to do was roll out the other side. I just couldn't do it anymore.  It's like the writers aren't even trying.
I felt the same way when they had kids fixing an airplane and the nuclear reactor about to blow.  Why not just find a car that works and drive away?

Last edited by a moderator:
love coming back in here and getting the nutshell plot updates and comments.

I do miss having one of these shows be worth watching though. I did enjoy them while the run lasted. 
I want to reiterate my appreciation to you guys for reminding me why I bailed. 

I keep finding myself zombie-curious...because it was a fun show and I miss that. But... Thanks!

I'm sick and tired of the video camera.  Entire episodes from the perspective of Al's video camera inside the show.  Feels like Cloverfield but with crappiness instead of awesomeness. 

Alicia going through similar stages as Morgan did in TWD...  :yawn:
All of this. The Alicia crap is especially bad. Last thing we need is more touchy-feely wimps.

Ten posts over the last three episodes, three of which are mine. I guess this means people have all jumped ship? Admittedly this episode has me quite close. Another snoozer. Another character turned into a wuss. A show about trees and the precious videos. It has basically become a soap opera. An uninteresting soap full of characters it is becoming quite difficult to care about. There's really no one they could kill off now that I would care about.

Ten posts over the last three episodes, three of which are mine. I guess this means people have all jumped ship? Admittedly this episode has me quite close. Another snoozer. Another character turned into a wuss. A show about trees and the precious videos. It has basically become a soap opera. An uninteresting soap full of characters it is becoming quite difficult to care about. There's really no one they could kill off now that I would care about.
That's another thing.  No one ever dies from this group.  Every week seems just some more sappy dialog and they throw in some obligatory walker kills.  I get that Alicia doesn't want to kill walkers but now she's afraid of them too?  Good grief. 

And has there ever been a worse "villain" than Logan?  Whose brilliant idea was that?  Morgan and Dwight should sneak off and go back to Virginia.  

@El Floppo The guy from The Colony is on the show now. Not Sawyer from Lost, the short Jewish guy in charge. Always liked him. 

@modogg Is Virginia ( Ginny) from the comics?  What group is she with?  Big horse riding group that wants the gas refinery. 

@El Floppo The guy from The Colony is on the show now. Not Sawyer from Lost, the short Jewish guy in charge. Always liked him. 

@modogg Is Virginia ( Ginny) from the comics?  What group is she with?  Big horse riding group that wants the gas refinery. 
i don't believe so. don't remember her at all. a group from the show travel to mid-west (Ohio) and went through some states. they found a few different people and groups, but never this Wild West like group.

they reminded me of that Highway group, or whatever corny name they gave themselves when they lasted like 1 episode

i don't believe so. don't remember her at all. a group from the show travel to mid-west (Ohio) and went through some states. they found a few different people and groups, but never this Wild West like group.

they reminded me of that Highway group, or whatever corny name they gave themselves when they lasted like 1 episode
I dug that. "Hey, you have never even noticed us before. But we are huge, and armed to the teeth, and control most the surrounding area." Uhm, ok, sure. Totally makes sense that the group is driving all over the place, leaving supplies, rescuing people, and totally avoided ever coming across this ginormous group.

Admittedly took me three workouts to get through this episode. I only made it to one commercial break each of the first two tries as I just couldn't get interested. Bad sign for me, used to always watch it in one sitting.

Jobber said:
Those girls in horseback sire can shoot. 6 one-shot-one-kill headshots in 3 seconds from 200+ meters.
And from sitting on horseback.  Steady horse, steady hands.  

That was about as quick of a transition from one bad guy to the next that you could possibly do. Unfortunately each one just seems like the last. And our protagonists always seem to be complete wusses next to them. Maybe it should be called Fear the Walking. Because they cower to everyone they ever meet. I mean, seriously, why would John just not have blown off that dude's head when he had the shot and saved the refinery? Noooo, I cant do it, I'm good, boo-frickity-hoo. Yet Jessie from Toy Story had no problem capping off that whole group.

That was about as quick of a transition from one bad guy to the next that you could possibly do. Unfortunately each one just seems like the last. And our protagonists always seem to be complete wusses next to them. Maybe it should be called Fear the Walking. Because they cower to everyone they ever meet. I mean, seriously, why would John just not have blown off that dude's head when he had the shot and saved the refinery? Noooo, I cant do it, I'm good, boo-frickity-hoo. Yet Jessie from Toy Story had no problem capping off that whole group.
I noticed this when we were first introduced to his character. Actor Michael Fewer (Logan) was a character in Dawn of the Dead in 2004. He was the guy who was bitten before arriving at the shopping mall, and eventually died.

Earlier I said this show should be named Fear the Walking. I changed my mind. Now I think "Days of our Deads," as in "Like sands threw the hourglass, those are the days of our lives." That last episode was a total soap opera. I was so, so, so hoping beyond hope that camera chick was going to buy it in the pool. But nope, instead they just splash around like idiots and are somehow or other surprised when they are surrounded when they come up for air. I mean, who would of possibly thought that in the middle of an armed compound, someone would hear the two of them having a belly flopping contest?!?!?!?!?! So dull, so boring, so uninteresting.

Earlier I said this show should be named Fear the Walking. I changed my mind. Now I think "Days of our Deads," as in "Like sands threw the hourglass, those are the days of our lives." That last episode was a total soap opera. I was so, so, so hoping beyond hope that camera chick was going to buy it in the pool. But nope, instead they just splash around like idiots and are somehow or other surprised when they are surrounded when they come up for air. I mean, who would of possibly thought that in the middle of an armed compound, someone would hear the two of them having a belly flopping contest?!?!?!?!?! So dull, so boring, so uninteresting.
Agree, this last episode was garbage.  I actually thought the previous two were ok, I really like the new actor that plays the Rabbi, but back they go to nonsense.  

I made it through the finale last night.

Horrible second half of the season that was worse than the first half some how.

They basically started this show over from scratch once they tossed Madison and never took advantage of it.

Not that this matters but I will put in spoilers just in case some one actually cares

There is a nasty online rumor that Madison will some how show up and save Morgan at the start of next season.  It was probably just a joke but when a show is written this poorly, who knows....lol

Watched the first season and never bothered tuning back in but I occasionally come back to see if it ever improved.   It doesn't sound like it

Watched the first season and never bothered tuning back in but I occasionally come back to see if it ever improved.   It doesn't sound like it
It has changed dramatically over the seasons in terms of some of the tone and texture, but the quality, outside of a few episodes here and there, never got past even a mediocre show.

Z Nation is so much better that FTWD imo.  If anyone wanted to start a different Zombie show, I would recommend that one first.  Even though Z Nation is written to be self aware it some how is more realistic than FTWD which should never happen when comparing a supposedly serious show with a self aware show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread