What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL 'The Walking Dead' TV Series Thread*** (10 Viewers)

Dogs are smart enough (or would learn quickly enough) not to go after walkers.  Unless they've got the awareness equivalent to the people who don't hear the walkers coming up behind them in the middle of the woods.
Funny you mentioned the sneaking up part.. read a story the other day where a guy figured that out... all the characters are almost deaf from shooting all those guns without ear protection. ;)

Can someone explain to me what Carol was saying about how if she'd have killed that dude in the woods...they wouldn't be in this mess?

What is she talking about?  She shot him in the arm and immediately they were surrounded by those others with guns.

Killing him would've changed that equation, how?

Can't stand the wishy washy nonsense at the end with Red.  Red misses all of her shots and then Carol turns punk on us?  And why is Maggie just standing there?

I look over and tell Carol to shoot her...she hesitates, I put my blade in Red's brainpan.

That whole conflict was terribly written/acted.

I get that Carol has to go through some growing pains to get to Morgan's ethereal plane but damn.

snogger said:
Funny you mentioned the sneaking up part.. read a story the other day where a guy figured that out... all the characters are almost deaf from shooting all those guns without ear protection. ;)
I just read that also.  Problem is the people from Alexandria fell prey to the silent ninja zombies, and they never really used the guns.  Definitely plausible for Rick's original group though.  Lotta gunfire. 

A better theory (stated long ago) is more simple.  Everyone is malnourished and sleep deprived, not to mention suffering form the worst PTSD imaginable, and living second by second stressed out to the max.  It's very easy to "zone out" for a few seconds here and there, then bam, that shuffling loud walker turns into a silent ninja biter. 

Can someone explain to me what Carol was saying about how if she'd have killed that dude in the woods...they wouldn't be in this mess?

What is she talking about?  She shot him in the arm and immediately they were surrounded by those others with guns.

Killing him would've changed that equation, how?

Can't stand the wishy washy nonsense at the end with Red.  Red misses all of her shots and then Carol turns punk on us?  And why is Maggie just standing there?

I look over and tell Carol to shoot her...she hesitates, I put my blade in Red's brainpan.

That whole conflict was terribly written/acted.

I get that Carol has to go through some growing pains to get to Morgan's ethereal plane but damn.
I think if Carol shot to kill, she would have forgotten about him and turned around to see what else was going on. As it was, her focus was on the guy she shot and seeing what he was doing.

I just read that also.  Problem is the people from Alexandria fell prey to the silent ninja zombies, and they never really used the guns.  Definitely plausible for Rick's original group though.  Lotta gunfire. 

A better theory (stated long ago) is more simple.  Everyone is malnourished and sleep deprived, not to mention suffering form the worst PTSD imaginable, and living second by second stressed out to the max.  It's very easy to "zone out" for a few seconds here and there, then bam, that shuffling loud walker turns into a silent ninja biter. 
Does PTSD cause you to walk around with little protection from zombie bites?

Does PTSD cause you to walk around with little protection from zombie bites?
I'll let you know in maybe a few years after the zombie apocalypse starts, I see my family and friends eaten alive by zombies, and I am forced to live like a 3rd world peasant with people I hate.

They did a horrible job with the Governor.  Don't #### up Negan
JDM is good enough to not "#### up" the character, but as I mentioned before, it's not even the least bit possible for the Negan character to live up to the hype.  Zero percent chance.   He should still be good though, even on network TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
They better not #### up Negan! That's all I ask.
Haven't they literally ####ed up every fan favorite character?

As a non-comic reader all I heard about was how awesome the Governor and Tyreese were both going to be.  Both terrible.  Then they have Morgan (non-comics I believe) who everyone is just dying to absolutely love, all they have to do to make him hugely popular is not make him some over the top pacifist ########, and then....

Haven't they literally ####ed up every fan favorite character?

As a non-comic reader all I heard about was how awesome the Governor and Tyreese were both going to be.  Both terrible.  Then they have Morgan (non-comics I believe) who everyone is just dying to absolutely love, all they have to do to make him hugely popular is not make him some over the top pacifist ########, and then....
Yeah, they've missed on a few but overall they do a good job with casting. Abraham is too much of a walking cliché. Tyreese was better in the comics. But the Governor was a total wiff to me. I expected more of a Danny Trejo type of guy, not who they had.

Here is the Governor in the comics:

governor-the-walking-dead.jpg

I don't know the actor cast as Negan but I'll trust people that say he will be good. Here's hoping... :banned: Too bad it isn't on HBO. Not gonna get the endless string of F-bombs.

Yeah, they've missed on a few but overall they do a good job with casting. Abraham is too much of a walking cliché. Tyreese was better in the comics. But the Governor was a total wiff to me. I expected more of a Danny Trejo type of guy, not who they had.

I don't know the actor cast as Negan but I'll trust people that say he will be good. Here's hoping... :banned: Too bad it isn't on HBO. Not gonna get the endless string of F-bombs.
If you saw The Watchmen movie...he was The Comedian.  He's a charasmatic guy... he'll be decent enough. 

Word has it they filmed parts of the Finale twice.. One for TV and one for the DVD.. With the DVD version being the one most comic book readers want.. Rental/purchases will go through the roof for the DVD if true. :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
jamny said:

Carol is the major benefactor of being better in her TV role vs the comics.  She died making out with a biter while at the prison in the comic when she wasn't getting the attention she was craving from Rick and Lori.  She's now moved closer into the Andrea role at this point of the TV show, aside from Rick's relationship. 

Rendell Darryl doesn't know how to drive a stick shift, but fat lesbian doctor does.

We're totally subverting stereotypes here, people!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread