What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Skelton or Hall in ARI? (1 Viewer)

MiniBears

Footballguy
With Leinart on the outs in Arizona, who becomes the QB of the future? Everything I've read about these guys seems to read as follows:

Skelton: tall, big arm, DII school so has a ways to go before picking up an NFL playbook

Hall: short, accurate, tough and from a pro offense

Would love to stash one of these guys on my roster, but not sure which, and it really doesn't matter that Skelton was drafted but Hall was not. Thoughts?

With Leinart on the outs in Arizona, who becomes the QB of the future? Everything I've read about these guys seems to read as follows:Skelton: tall, big arm, DII school so has a ways to go before picking up an NFL playbookHall: short, accurate, tough and from a pro offenseWould love to stash one of these guys on my roster, but not sure which, and it really doesn't matter that Skelton was drafted but Hall was not. Thoughts?
Tough call. Everything I have read says Hall is outplaying Skelton in camp, but clearly the physical tools are in Skelton's favor. I think the likely QB of the future in AZ isn't on the roster yet, but if I were to take a flyer on one of these guys, I think Hall would be the one, because I think he would get the first chance to see the field.I think it is very likely AZ picks up a QB in nexts years potentially deep QB draft

With Leinart on the outs in Arizona, who becomes the QB of the future? Everything I've read about these guys seems to read as follows:Skelton: tall, big arm, DII school so has a ways to go before picking up an NFL playbookHall: short, accurate, tough and from a pro offenseWould love to stash one of these guys on my roster, but not sure which, and it really doesn't matter that Skelton was drafted but Hall was not. Thoughts?
Tough call. Everything I have read says Hall is outplaying Skelton in camp, but clearly the physical tools are in Skelton's favor. I think the likely QB of the future in AZ isn't on the roster yet, but if I were to take a flyer on one of these guys, I think Hall would be the one, because I think he would get the first chance to see the field.I think it is very likely AZ picks up a QB in nexts years potentially deep QB draft
Good point, but if either of these guys matures I can see the Cardinals signing a FA like Bulger for a year, then passing the torch. If the Cards keep Leinart, they probably end up losing the guy they don't keep, unless they keep four QBs on the roster.

This would be my guess....if Anderson/Leinart don't show much this season, I'd think Arizona would look for a qb early in next year's draft or via trade or free agency. Skelton is a long term project, not someone they expect to start in the next couple of years (not saying he can't, just that it isn't the plan). Not sure what to make of Hall. He has none of the measurables (short, mediocre arm), but is an accurate passer and makes good decisions. He was probably intended to be a camp arm and potential practice squad guy. I'm not surprised that he appears better than Skelton right now, he was more developed coming out of college. With Skelton being a late rd pick and Hall being an UDFA, I wouldn't *expect* either to be the qbotf. It could happen, but it is more likely that someone else comes in to be the long term guy.

Hall doesn't have an NFL arm. Skelton does but has little else at this point. What little I have seen of Skelton makes me think he could be ready to start by 2011 if he gets coached up.

Hall doesn't have an NFL arm. Skelton does but has little else at this point. What little I have seen of Skelton makes me think he could be ready to start by 2011 if he gets coached up.
I read somewhere that Hall can make all the the throws. Joe Montana didn't have a cannon arm either :banned:

Having a high first round QB pick bust is devestating to a team, but even moreso to a GM. Warner saved a lot of jobs proving out, but we are now back and faced with the wasted early first rounder. It seems like few GMs have the heart to go that route twice in a row - since 2 such failures would likely get the whole front office tossed - and the risk is quite high with any kid coming out. It happens, Carson Palmer pretty closely followed Akili Smith's failure (although the Bengals were picking so early they had a clear shot at the best QB option coming out and I don't think even the QB-free Cards will finish in the bottom 3 or 4). My guess is that AZ goes for someone along the Favre/McNabb approach (as Warner worked so well) before (or at least with) picking a young guy to groom.

I believe it'll eventually be Skelton by a clear margin. Hall is more polished right now as far as knowledge, but Skelton is quickly putting it together. Not to discredit Hall because he's looked good in camp, but he simply doesn't have Skelton's tools.

I believe by 2012 Skelton will be their starting QB & playing well. In the 1st preseason game when Skelton played a decent amount, he looked absolutely fantastic. Obviously, with any rookie QB, there's going to be ups & downs. Skelton may not even play well this week, who knows, but this kid is one helluva prospect, IMO. Big-time upside.

Last edited by a moderator:
As has already been mentioned in here, Skelton is being compared to Joe Flacco. Huge kid with great ability.

From what I've heard of Hall he's more of a field general at this point. He takes control of the offense and seems confortable.

At this point, I'd have to saw Hall is the one to target. But Skelton may wow people when he gets his chance.

As others have said it is very hard to predict right now. I don't know if the coaches even know. I like Skelton, but Hall is looking good too. If you really want to pick someone up, I'd go with Skelton just because of his size. If you are betting on a long-term QB prospect in the NFL, take the guy who has the size and the arm because those guys usually make it over the smaller ones.

Users who are viewing this thread