What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (11 Viewers)

Oh dear god.  :shock:

am Schefter has reported that the Raiders are planning on suspending Antonio Brown.

GM Mike Mayock reportedly "got into it" with AB on Wednesday and the team is now planning to suspend their star receiver. The news is the cherry on top of a completely wild offseason from Brown and not terribly surprising considering his public disapproval to being fined for missing practice. It's unclear if the suspension will be for multiple games or perhaps just a portion of the Raiders' Week 1 matchup against the Broncos. Tyrell Williams, Hunter Renfrow and J.J. Nelson are expected to fill out 3-WR sets during AB's absence, while TE Darren Waller could also see an enhanced role.

[Spotrac] It’s perfectly possible that the Raiders may soon look to void the guarantees for Antonio Brown’s 2019 & 2020 salaries ($14.6M in 2019, $14.5M in 2020) based on various incidents of conduct detrimental to the team.

https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1169652518693101568?s=21

[Tafur] Antonio Brown was unhappy about being fined and had an exchange with #Raiders general manager Mike Mayock on Wednesday. He was held back by a couple of teammates, sources said, and is now facing a team suspension.

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1169651728427339777?s=19

Wow. What a trainwreck. Bump Ty Williams?
I’ve been bumping him all preseason. I drafted him for $7/500 in a dynasty start-up & I’m feeling pretty ok about that. 

AB went for $90 in that same league. 

that was in late July when frozen feet were his only concern. Good times, good times. 

Raiders need to move on. 

Take nothing away from what he's done, but the guy will be out of the league soon IMO.
And do yourself a favor and grab Renfrow. 

Fantastic fit with Carr. And costs nothing. I would take him over Ty Williams in PPR if this AB thing boils over into release/retirement. If the AB thing is only temporary then just cut him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuck to my DND, and glad I did.
Same. Team 1.09 took AB on the way back. I took Hill at 2.05, one pick later. 

Feeling mighty good about that. 

Had he taken Hill 2.04 I would have gone with Evans or Kelce. 

There was no way I wanted any part of that mess. And that draft was a couple hours after helmet-gate was resolved.

There’s literally no way a suspension is the bottom of this. The bottom will fall out of the bottom. There’s a basement here we haven’t seen or imagined. I’m guessing it’ll involve a high speed chase &some combination of a pony, drugs & a dwarven prostitute.  :shrug:

He should be evaluated for mental illness in general. 
A guy at work pitched the CTE angle to me earlier today.  1st time I'd heard it, but it does make total sense.  Since that Burfict hit, his personality has been different.  He went from what I envisioned as a juvenile prankster and fun-loving ugy to a juvenile jack### diva.

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

More on #Raiders WR Antonio Brown and Mike Mayock yesterday: It did not get physical, sources say. But after a screaming match, Brown told Mayock that he would hit him in the face and then punted the ball… and said, Fine me for that. 💸💸💸

Users who are viewing this thread