What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (9 Viewers)

Does a suspension also take guaranteed money away?  If not then AB will just stay suspended forever
If they suspend (or cut) Brown before Monday night, then it looks like the Raiders can keep $29 million of the $30 million that was guaranteed.

Also, there's a loophole in the CBA which allows teams to cut bait with veterans who aren't on the active roster for Week 1. So, they could suspend him for Week 1, then reinstate him for Week 2.......and then cut him a few weeks later and still avoid paying him the rest of his contract.

Speak for yourself. I like watching historically good players ball. This is sad, to me. 
I wouldn't dream of speaking for you. 

If I did, I would have said something better than what you posted.

AB may be able to catch a football. But, if every player in the league acted like him, the product would be garbage. 

I'll pass. (and I suspect other true fans would too)

Wasn’t there supposed to be a Gruden presser by now?
If this has created/exposed a rift between Mayock and Gruden, that is way worse than a rift between the Raiders and Brown.

Raiders may be able to get out of Brown's contract without penalty, but they still owe Gruden a LOT of money. So if it comes down to it, would the Raiders keep Brown and Gruden and send Mayock packing? Cause if you do that, good luck hiring a decent GM.

if refusing to practice because your helmet a legal liability, calling out your employer on social media and threatening your management on the field is a fireable offense, then by golly we have nothing left to live for.

If this has created/exposed a rift between Mayock and Gruden, that is way worse than a rift between the Raiders and Brown.

Raiders may be able to get out of Brown's contract without penalty, but they still owe Gruden a LOT of money. So if it comes down to it, would the Raiders keep Brown and Gruden and send Mayock packing? Cause if you do that, good luck hiring a decent GM.
Why would you need or deserve a decent GM when you give a HC on a 10-year contract final say over the roster? What you're describing is a glorified scout, right? The best talent evaluators eventually end up as head personnel guys with final say, or working for types like that who actually take input. That's why Gruden got a media guy and not a "real GM". The HC making the final personnel decisions doesn't jive well with the most sought after scouts.

Is it possible that Antonio has buyer's remorse?  He realizes that having Carr as his quarterback isn't going to help his run of 100+ catch seasons?  He did what he needed to do to get out of Pittsburgh and he is now doing what is necessary to get out of Oakland?  He'll get his money wherever he goes next.  His next destination might already be planned out.

Is it possible that Antonio has buyer's remorse?  He realizes that having Carr as his quarterback isn't going to help his run of 100+ catch seasons?  He did what he needed to do to get out of Pittsburgh and he is now doing what is necessary to get out of Oakland?  He'll get his money wherever he goes next.  His next destination might already be planned out.
You are giving AB way too much credit.  Also, who is going to pay him 30M guaranteed if OAK cuts him?  He's been toxin in two different NFL cities in less than a year.

I wouldn't dream of speaking for you. 

If I did, I would have said something better than what you posted.
Good line. Respect.

AB may be able to catch a football. But, if every player in the league acted like him, the product would be garbage. 

I'll pass. (and I suspect other true fans would too)
Yeah. That's why it's sad he's lost his damn mind. Because watching him play football was fun until now. We're on the same page.

You are giving AB way too much credit.  Also, who is going to pay him 30M guaranteed if OAK cuts him?  He's been toxin in two different NFL cities in less than a year.
He isn't going to get a hugh guarantee right after he gets cut.  He will go to a good situation for him footballwise and get paid this coming offseason.  True superstars get paid regardless of personnel baggage.

I have a feeling this will be either a first half of the first game suspension, or a full one game suspension.

That’s it. Pure media drama going on here. Obviously there is plenty of credence to the whole situation. But I have a feeling this will be worked out shortly.

Just speculation on my part as well. But then again all of this is as far as what is going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly my thoughts. Then again AB does seem stupid enough to do what, in his world, qualifies as thinking it could work.

He isn't going to get a hugh guarantee right after he gets cut.  He will go to a good situation for him footballwise and get paid this coming offseason.  True superstars get paid regardless of personnel baggage.
Never mind, I miss read your response and I agree.

Yup and he is going to assume the risks involved with a one year "prove it" contract.

This isn't a K. Hunt or T. Hill situation where their issues happened off the field.  AB is causing drama and disfunction within the team itself.  I'm guessing he won't be immediately black-balled, meaning he would be signed by another team, but I would be shocked if he gets 30M guaranteed.
People said similar things last year with the drama he was creating in Pittsburgh.  And then he got exactly what he wanted despite being a piece of trash.  The squeaky door gets the oil.  Drew Rosenhaus might already be in communication with an owner and/or general manager with an agreement that if Antonio creates enough drama to get cut that he has a standing offer on the table.

if refusing to practice because your helmet a legal liability, calling out your employer on social media and threatening your management on the field is a fireable offense, then by golly we have nothing left to live for.
He’s a cancer.  The Raiders should cut bait now.  

Rosenhaus just did an interview on NFL network.  He's working on this. He thinks the relationship can be salvaged. Brown wants to be a raider.  He is hoping for no suspension.  The raiders are discussing things internally and it's up to them.  Eisen made sure to ask, and drew thinks brown is mentally ok and is 100 percent able to play at a high level this season. 

AP beats a 4 year old in the genitals with a stick, everyone loves him.

AB acts weird all the time and yelled while punting a ball. We're calling for his head and saying he's a cancer.

I think this says more about us than anything else.

People said similar things last year with the drama he was creating in Pittsburgh.  And then he got exactly what he wanted despite being a piece of trash.  The squeaky door gets the oil.  Drew Rosenhaus might already be in communication with an owner and/or general manager with an agreement that if Antonio creates enough drama to get cut that he has a standing offer on the table.
I didn't edit my original post fast enough but I agree with you that he wont be black balled.  However, I think we both agree he will get less than 30M in this scenario on his next team.

Rosenhaus just did an interview on NFL network.  He's working on this. He thinks the relationship can be salvaged. Brown wants to be a raider.  He is hoping for no suspension.  The raiders are discussing things internally and it's up to them.  Eisen made sure to ask, and drew thinks brown is mentally ok and is 100 percent able to play at a high level this season. 
I would have been shocked if his agent admitted to his mental instability.

I would have been shocked if his agent admitted to his mental instability.
Yeah, didn't he also hold a presser with TO doing sit-ups in his driveway?

Rosenhaus is just doing spin to salvage either the $30 mil the Raiders are not obligated to pay or however much he can get somewhere else.

It was reported that AB has "u followed" the Raiders and Derek Carr on some social media platforms.  

It has also been speculated that perhaps AB just isn't feeling ready and is trying to get an out.  

It has also been speculated that he simply doesn't want to play for the Raiders and there are some teams out there he would rather play for.  

This guy is on the Chad "ocho Cinco" Johnson Express train to weirdville. 

Speak for yourself. Peterson is a trash parent/human too. 
I agree. I live in the DC area and am a lifelong Skins fan... I hate that he is on my team. He belongs in prison.

Last year he publicly said he still beats on his kids, nothing was done. No idea why Mike Vick was crucified for tangential involvement in dog fighting but AP can beat a child senseless and society allows it.

AP beats a 4 year old in the genitals with a stick, everyone loves him.

AB acts weird all the time and yelled while punting a ball. We're calling for his head and saying he's a cancer.

I think this says more about us than anything else.
Im all about this to be honest.

We also side with the billionaires over the workers...whether they are highly compensated or not.

PM to hulk...Long John slinky says hi and misses throwing to (HULK)speed in GLB

Update. Not great. No hate, but FF sake! 

aiders are not planning to have Antonio Brown active for their Week 1 game against the Broncos.

This was the expectation after Brown reportedly went off on Mike Mayock after the GM confronted him for comments made on social media. During the exchange, a Brown threatened to punch Mayock while defiantly punting a ball and daring the team to fine for him it. It's unclear if Brown is being suspended for Week 1 or if the Raiders are simply benching their disgruntled star. Either way, he's not expected to be in the building until a resolution is reached. Despite the tension, Brown's agent Drew Rosenhaus is confident the two sides can salvage their tainted relationship. "My job is to bring everything back, try and get things worked out," said Rosenhaus in an interview with NFL Network's Stacey Dales. "I’m confident we can get back to doing all the right things that the Raiders signed him for." The Antonio saga in Oakland gets stranger by the day.

Users who are viewing this thread