Antonio Brown - Out of his Head - Out of the League

1 minute ago, Steeler said:

what did you give up?

His principles

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Steeler said:

what did you give up?

Curtis Samuel / 2020 1st (it’s gonna be late)

for 

AB / 2020 3rd (it’s gonna be early)

good deal, IMO.

but it feels really gross to have him on my roster right now. Once, or IF the noise goes away? I’ll be happy with the production. But right now? Yea it feels really embarrassing to have him on my team.

19 minutes ago, Steeler said:

what did you give up?

His soul

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Steeler said:

what did you give up?

I saw AB and a 2020 3rd for Chris Conley and a 2020 2nd early/mid last week I think so some are definitely thinking with their souls while others are thinking with their wallets.

Edited by Hankmoody

Funny how personally some of us take this game. That's all it is, a game we're trying to win. These guys don't know we have them on our teams. They're not coming over to babysit our children.

If your morals won't allow you to have certain players on your team that's up to you, but you're putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Not saying I haven't had these thoughts as well. When I saw that Mixon video I said to myself I wouldn't draft him, but at this point if I thought he would help my team I'd take him without a 2nd thought.

If you're gonna shun every player who's trash off the field, you're gonna shun a lot of players.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

Funny how personally some of us take this game. That's all it is, a game we're trying to win. These guys don't know we have them on our teams. They're not coming over to babysit our children.

If your morals won't allow you to have certain players on your team that's up to you, but you're putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Not saying I haven't had these thoughts as well. When I saw that Mixon video I said to myself I wouldn't draft him, but at this point if I thought he would help my team I'd take him without a 2nd thought.

If you're gonna shun every player who's trash off the field, you're gonna shun a lot of players.

Easily 25% of the league and I am being nice.

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

I play fantasy football for enjoyment. There are guys in the league that I simply can not enjoy rooting for, so I won't draft them. That may put me at a slight disadvantage as far as winning goes, but I'm ok with that.

Some people play in high stakes leagues or only get enjoyment from winning. I can see why those folks would take every advantage they can get. To each their own.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

I play fantasy football for enjoyment. There are guys in the league that I simply can not enjoy rooting for, so I won't draft them. That may put me at a slight disadvantage as far as winning goes, but I'm ok with that.

Some people play in high stakes leagues or only get enjoyment from winning. I can see why those folks would take every advantage they can get. To each their own.

Fair enough!

I admit I'm entirely too worried about winning my fake football championship.

The accuser apparently met with NFL officials for 10 hours yesterday.

LINK

And apparently some of the folks owed money are considering filing criminal charges against Brown.

LINK

7 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

The accuser apparently met with NFL officials for 10 hours yesterday.

LINK

And apparently some of the folks owed money are considering filing criminal charges against Brown.

LINK

This blurb caught my attention from your second link:

Believe what you want to believe," Klemko said. "Antonio Brown knows this person. I’ve seen Instagram messages, text messages between him and her and over the course of the relationship the way he ghosted her after their initial encounter.”

He added: “I think there’s much more going on behind the scenes than has been revealed and frankly surprised it hasn’t come out yet considering all the people he’s associated with in his life and moved on from. The galaxy of his entourage is large. We had three or four people reach out to us after the story was published saying they had more information. I don’t know if he’s an evil person, I just know there’s a lot more to it.”

Since this fell off the first page...

From PFT:

The NFL met with Britney Taylor on Monday about the allegations of rape and sexual assault that she levied against Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown in a lawsuit last week.

Mark Maske of the Washington Post reports that the meeting with Taylor lasted 10 hours, but it did not end with a decision about placing Brown on the Commissioner-Exempt list. Maske reports there’s no timeline for the league to make their decision because the investigation into Brown’s behavior remains open.

Brown was the subject of another accusation of improper conduct with a woman this week. There’s been no word of an attempt to interview that woman or plans to interview anyone else at this point.

If Brown is placed on the list, he’ll be paid but will be unable to take part in practices or games. The placement would be indefinite and Brown would be able to appeal the league’s decision.

The Patriots return to the field against the Jets on Sunday. If no decision is made to place Brown on the exempt list, he should make his second appearance since signing with the team earlier this month.

10hrs?

sounds like the league wants an iron clad case so he doesn't win an appeal since exempt list is unheard of for civil matters.

They are discussing this on Boston talk radio. They mentioned that it is being reported that the league has not made any attempt to schedule a meeting with Brown so far and it could be WEEKS  until the league has an update on the status of their investigation.

4 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

They are discussing this on Boston talk radio. They mentioned that it is being reported that the league has not made any attempt to schedule a meeting with Brown so far and it could be WEEKS  until the league has an update on the status of their investigation.

they already met with brown last week, did they not?

AB simply isn't going to skate on this, but what kind of timeline we're looking at & what kind of punishment the NFL doles out are unknown.

The real question is what will the Pats do once things shake out?

4 minutes ago, Football Jones said:

AB simply isn't going to skate on this, but what kind of timeline we're looking at & what kind of punishment the NFL doles out are unknown.

Plug in Gordon and be fine

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Football Jones said:

Its one big albatross and 99 instances of being a d bag.  I suspect he's on the clock to settle or face the principal's list, which would trigger insta jettison from NE and subsequent blackballing (hello CFL), and may have to take touchy feely class....oops bad choice of words.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Football Jones said:

I'd think they just go win another Super Bowl like they normally do. 

2 hours ago, Football Jones said:

We’ll have to see how things play out. The other question is when. I would guess it takes them all season to Investigate this and other claims and allegations. And if they suspend him. it will be to start next year. Of course. This assumes AB doesn’t do anything crazy in season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, need2know said:

Hope he gets all that's coming to him. 

Sounds like a real great guy

I agree with you ... but being a ##### isn’t exactly going to keep him out of the NFL unfortunately.

if this thing turns into a bunch of civil lawsuits? I can’t see how he misses anytime.

Once there are criminal charges? Then that’s a different story.

I think of all the claims ... the biggest one, at this point might be the child endangerment.

but still, Tyreek Hill was audio recorded as a child beater - but still nothing.

unless something criminal comes forward? AB IS going to skate his way to a super bowl.

19 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

I agree with you ... but being a ##### isn’t exactly going to keep him out of the NFL unfortunately.

if this thing turns into a bunch of civil lawsuits? I can’t see how he misses anytime.

Once there are criminal charges? Then that’s a different story.

I think of all the claims ... the biggest one, at this point might be the child endangerment.

but still, Tyreek Hill was audio recorded as a child beater - but still nothing.

unless something criminal comes forward? AB IS going to skate his way to a super bowl.

Yeah I hate hill worse.  Both these guys are giant aholes for sure

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, need2know said:

Yeah I hate hill worse.  Both these guys are giant aholes for sure

But we agree that off field ##### bagery, doesn’t equal on field performance, or how the league views them. 

Both are horrible people. Can’t forget that we are all here, mostly, to win fake football championship’s.

thats all. 

Proof has showed true throughout history. NFL teams will look the other way if said douch can help them win/sell tickets. 

24 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:

But we agree that off field ##### bagery, doesn’t equal on field performance, or how the league views them. 

Both are horrible people. Can’t forget that we are all here, mostly, to win fake football championship’s.

thats all. 

Proof has showed true throughout history. NFL teams will look the other way if said douch can help them win/sell tickets. 

All true. You really have to separate yourself from these guys, totally, if you play FF. I started losing interest in being a "team" fan years ago, and my NFL viewing is way down (SNF and 2nd half of MNF max). Basically all I care about with respect to football is FF draft and the stats needed to populate the scoreboard. The rest of it kind of sickens me.

When the Drews Brees injury popped up on Sunday, his thread became active of course... all ~14 pages of it, for a 40-yr NFL HOFer and model citizen (by all accounts). Someone like AB, Hill, ADP, Gordon, Ray Rice, other generate 14 pages over a weekend... for all the wrong reasons of course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

All true. You really have to separate yourself from these guys, totally, if you play FF. I started losing interest in being a "team" fan years ago, and my NFL viewing is way down (SNF and 2nd half of MNF max). Basically all I care about with respect to football is FF draft and the stats needed to populate the scoreboard. The rest of it kind of sickens me.

When the Drews Brees injury popped up on Sunday, his thread became active of course... all ~14 pages of it, for a 40-yr NFL HOFer and model citizen (by all accounts). Someone like AB, Hill, ADP, Gordon, Ray Rice, other generate 14 pages over a weekend... for all the wrong reasons of course.

Don't lose track of the fact that the league is 1200 average Joes, 250 philanthropists, and 50 misanthropes.  Big Media and the Innerwebs over-accentuate the d bags.

• Like 2

Could some of you set the scene when AB enters Goodell's office? Are there lawyers and agents for AB? Lawyers and cronies for Goodell so there's lots of witnesses around? How gruff does Goodell get in reprimanding AB or any of these players? Does he just calmly state that he is suspending them for 4 games or whatever and point to direct evidence? 

How do these things play out? Because I gotta believe that as much smack talk as AB does, can you see him trying to live stream while Goodell is handing down potential punishment or still deciding as AB does some more horrible things in his office?

Or maybe none of this happens.

10 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Could some of you set the scene when AB enters Goodell's office? Are there lawyers and agents for AB? Lawyers and cronies for Goodell so there's lots of witnesses around? How gruff does Goodell get in reprimanding AB or any of these players? Does he just calmly state that he is suspending them for 4 games or whatever and point to direct evidence? 

How do these things play out? Because I gotta believe that as much smack talk as AB does, can you see him trying to live stream while Goodell is handing down potential punishment or still deciding as AB does some more horrible things in his office?

Maybe Goodell will play TV cop, "Come on Antonio, tell us what really happened... Actually, WE KNOW what happened... we spoke to your little cousin Hollywood and he told us everything. So just save us all a lot of time and admit to it!"

Then AB stands up, and farts in Roger Goodell's face... then turns to his lawyers, "Come on boyz. We outta here." <exits>

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

Don't lose track of the fact that the league is 1200 average Joes, 250 philanthropists, and 50 misanthropes.  Big Media and the Innerwebs over-accentuate the d bags.

Agreed, but don't get me wrong... I don't really care about the good stuff either. The sideline reporting of warm/fuzzy backstories... I just don't care because I don't know these people.

You're right though. And it's the age old knock on news... no time for good stuff, because people only tune in for the bad stuff.

6 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Maybe they handle this one differently, but AB probably won’t meet with Roger during the investigation phase. He normally is the last one that gets involved . . . Usually when it is time to hand down a suspension. 

In the meeting to hear Brown’s story, I would guess there would be AB, his agent, his lawyer, his comfort service animal, a union rep, an NFL investigator, an NFL attorney, and maybe a videographer or stenographer to have a record of the proceedings (not sure if they do that last part though). The league may want to investigate all claims from all claimants, so it might take a while for them to get all their ducks in a row. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Football Jones said:

He very well could be ok to play for the season.

12 hours ago, need2know said:

Hope he gets all that's coming to him. 

Sounds like a real great guy

...alot of passes from Brady?

5 hours ago, ponchsox said:

He very well could be ok to play for the season.

We'll have to see what else comes out and what there is for the league to review. But at the moment, it doesn't look like anyone has filed a complaint with the police and no one else has really researched or investigated any of the stories or accusations.

It goes without saying that if something bad happened to the initial accuser then AB should face the music. But I go back to the timing of things to ponder what her motives are. She waited a year or a year and a half to essentially demand at least $2 million and start negotiating a settlement. The deadline she gave was right after Brown was set to collect his $30 million in guaranteed money from the Raiders. She is said to have owed money and tried to get AB to finance her business to the tune of $1.6 million. None of that has any bearing on whether or not Brown assaulted her, but it certainly paints a picture that she wants a big chunk of change for a buyout / payout.

At this point, Brown essentially owes a bunch of people money, acted inappropriately, and has displayed some bizarre behavior. Even the latest SI report of another allegation seems more an example of poor decision making (he's not accused of touching the woman or even exposing himself . . . only that he was scantily clad and flirty). But the web and the media jumped all over the story as another sexual allegation. Acting in poor taste? Absolutely. Criminal to the point where the encounter was reported and acted upon? Doesn't sound like it.

Brown sounds like a real piece of work in all of this . . . but it sounds like a bunch of people are conveying stories that support the notion that he isn't a nice guy. Maybe the league will intervene at some point and give Brown some sort of lifetime achievement award and suspend him for conduct unbecoming (see Zeke). But for now we don't have video or photographs that show he physically caused harm to someone. Maybe that will surface and come out at some point.

And even though I follow the Pats, I can't stand Brown and didn't want NE to go anywhere near him. Their team was plenty good enough to win without him. He's not a nice guy and makes men in general look bad. I probably would rather something happened and he  got suspended and NE could move on. Knowing that something could happen at any point and the team might have to make adjustments at a drop of the hat could definitely impact the team. But given what we think we know, I think it would set a bad precedent for the league to jump into the fray at this point and intervene.

Edited by Anarchy99
  • Like 1

Well said on the character assessment, the optics, and potential negative impact.  My perspective is the league has to establish a defensible position based on bt and pending an interviews and if he survives he's forewarned of intent to suspend for conduct detrimental if the drama doesn't dry up.

1 minute ago, Faust said:

I find it fascinating that people were surprised that the Patriots would sign him, didn't cut him after the allegations game out, started him the first game, and continue to keep him on the roster. And I call BS on Kraft claiming they would not have signed him (that just fits the PR propaganda that they take things very seriously). They wanted to trade for him when he was a Steeler. None of this should be shocking.

This entire outcome was predictable when the team released their initial statement on social media after the civil filing saying the league will investigate and we have no comment. That threw down the gauntlet that the team was all systems go unless somebody tried to stop them. Yet there have been COUNTLESS opinion pieces on the matter and people still trying to get the team to release AB. It was never going to end that way and still isn't going to end that way. Unless and until Brown gets charged and arrested for a serious crime, NE has hitched their wagon and they are going to press on and utilize Brown every game they can. Maybe the league will exempt him or suspend him, but Brown not playing will not be because the team suddenly grew a conscious.

Being offered Mixon for him. Would be fairly weak at WR. 2 RB 3 WR no flex

Juju, Metcalf, Fuller, Robinson, MVS

Kamara, Michel, Murray, J.Jackson, Mostert

should I take it?

Edited by CKoz24

5 minutes ago, CKoz24 said:

Being offered Mixon for him. Would be fairly weak at WR. 2 RB 3 WR no flex

Juju, Metcalf, Fuller, Robinson, MVS

Kamara, Michel, Murray, J.Jackson, Mostert

should I take it?

Belong in assistant coach thread.  That said, as things stand now - if redraft I'd say no.  If dynasty I'd say yes. 

33 minutes ago, ahartig said:

Antonio Brown just can't control his gas, poor doc

The doctor did not seem to even care....yeah it was gross.....but guys being guys and the doctor did a hand stand thing for the camera after. All laughs and smiles. So utter TMZ BS being made out to be some awful thing.

Yeah gross. But guys farting and laughing about it is common place. People need to get over themselves. He is suing because AB has not paid his bill (how do we know there was not a dispute about the charges being outrageous we do not know any of the circumstances). So with his sour grapes comes this video of the farting incident. Which he clearly was not "taken aback" by. Jeez people.

I realize AB is not a good guy, and a real doosh. But I have said from the beginning this all felt like contrived money grabs and it very well may prove to be that. The moral high horses people are screaming down from in this thread have been laughable. Guilty until proven innocent is the new normal in today's world.

If they guy really assaulted and raped a girl he should be kicked out of the league. 

I doubt this is happening because there is a ton of doubt surrounding the story. And still.....no police reports, no criminal charges. Just a he said /she said at this point and a whole lot of money being asked for in a totally questionable situation. 

I have seen far worse cases than this......and guys are still playing in the league who have done real awful stuff.

AB will be playing all season is my prediction.....and fantasy wise? He will dominate the targets in NE. He will be running free all season. Brady will feed him and feed him often.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

I find it fascinating that people were surprised that the Patriots would sign him, didn't cut him after the allegations game out, started him the first game, and continue to keep him on the roster. And I call BS on Kraft claiming they would not have signed him (that just fits the PR propaganda that they take things very seriously). They wanted to trade for him when he was a Steeler. None of this should be shocking.

This entire outcome was predictable when the team released their initial statement on social media after the civil filing saying the league will investigate and we have no comment. That threw down the gauntlet that the team was all systems go unless somebody tried to stop them. Yet there have been COUNTLESS opinion pieces on the matter and people still trying to get the team to release AB. It was never going to end that way and still isn't going to end that way. Unless and until Brown gets charged and arrested for a serious crime, NE has hitched their wagon and they are going to press on and utilize Brown every game they can. Maybe the league will exempt him or suspend him, but Brown not playing will not be because the team suddenly grew a conscious.

If this random lady on Twitter knew about the rape charges coming 4 days prior to the rest of the world, so did the Pats. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Sep 7Replying to

@lizgarcia901111

@Ellipse_TB

and 3 others

Inside info: In the upcoming days, news is gonna come out of Antonio Brown being pressed charges for Rape

36 minutes ago, HULLOBUDMAN said:

Inside info: In the upcoming days, news is gonna come out of Antonio Brown being pressed charges for Rape

Whoa! Any "hint" on a source? :jawdrop:

I heard similar story, but bad source (friend heard "something mentioned to this" on Fox Sports in the morning yesterday)

She said she knew someone in the Cowboys organization, maybe a relative? She announced the Zeke signing before it happened too but there were tons of indicators that was going to happen. The AB news was out of left field and 100% accurate. 

That's why I say that the Pats knew what they were getting into and didn't care. If some random announces it on Twitter via the Cowboys, one would think the Pats would have the same info. 

12 minutes ago, Dizzy said:

Whoa! Any "hint" on a source? :jawdrop:

I heard similar story, but bad source (friend heard "something mentioned to this" on Fox Sports in the morning yesterday)

This is old news. That was posted by someone when AB was still a Raider and was in regard to the pending civil suit that would be filed the following week.

Honestly, you gotta love how social medias, reporters, etc....just can't stop bringing crap. It started with rape allegations and now we are down to dead fishes and farting during a doctor appointment? 

Really? 

The sexual allegations are serious and require investigations.....but all the rest, it's just junk...

Edited by Sasgaard
  • Like 1