What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (12 Viewers)

in the 1 dynasty league where I own him, I'm starting AB this weekend with confidence šŸ˜
Same ... and with thee exact amount of ā€œconfidenceā€ you exuded.Ā 

Brady will feed him. Because if He doesnā€™t, itā€™s a headache - some people will say he doesnā€™t need that headache. That is true.

But ... AB is easy to feed when heā€™s the best playmaker on the field. I really believe thatā€™s what is going to happen, as long as AB is in the field.

sucks that NE doesnā€™t appear to have anyone good on the scheduleĀ 

Soulfly3 said:
he just #### on the league, its refs and its thursday night product
Yea ... by all means, DONā€™TĀ post a link.

ps: not everyone is on Twitter, or social media - so please, link it up if itā€™s actually worth it

@Soulfly3

... I used to like you. Seemed like a decent poster. Aside for your Josh Gordon ball fest.

but this was a weird new low - how does any of this have to do with AB?Ā 

Youā€™re weird. And now onĀ my ā€œnot take seriouslyā€ list.

shame

Last edited by a moderator:
tom brady is THE face of the league. the nfl.Ā 

look at what he wrote.Ā 

you dont think roger, who is likely already on meds for his bloodpressure re: ab, is not going to be just a liiiittle extra pissed off reading that?

Skoo said:
I'm not saying we're gonna get a repeat of Moss, just saying that the team that was always known for spreading it around to its no-name WRs changed when Moss got into town.

I just feel like people are over-analyzing the situation. AB is easily one of the best players in the league, and is now catching passes from the GOAT for as long as the NFL allows.

Not sure it needs to be more complicated than that.
Antonio Brown runs the most precise routes of any receiver and has fantastic hands. Tom Brady is one of the most accurate QB's of all time. I don't think it is complicated at all.

Skoo said:
I'm not saying we're gonna get a repeat of Moss, just saying that the team that was always known for spreading it around to its no-name WRs changed when Moss got into town.

I just feel like people are over-analyzing the situation. AB is easily one of the best players in the league, and is now catching passes from the GOAT for as long as the NFL allows.

Not sure it needs to be more complicated than that.

Antonio Brown runs the most precise routes of any receiver and has fantastic hands. Tom Brady is one of the most accurate QB's of all time. I don't think it is complicated at all.
Hubba HubbaĀ 

:lol: Ā See my previous posts in this thread to understand the context (aside from the obvious). Ā Whatā€™s even funnier is I saw it atĀ the store last night and bought a bag.Ā  :lmao:

i'mĀ now sober...

my connection was medically induced at best, but after that new story just broke im telling ya.... Rog is gonna be FED UP.

What if all NFL players acted this way? You would have absolute chaos. I know in my job that I would have been fired a long time ago for this awful behavior. Itā€™s beyond ridiculous now NFL and he should be on the Exempt List prior to Sunday - everyone except his fantasy owners would rejoice !Ā 

What if all NFL players acted this way? You would have absolute chaos. I know in my job that I would have been fired a long time ago for this awful behavior. Itā€™s beyond ridiculous now NFL and he should be on the Exempt List prior to Sunday - everyone except his fantasy owners would rejoice !Ā 
Are you one of the Top 5 people in the world at what you do?

Not defending AB's actions, just sayin'.

He's playing by different rules than the rest of us because of his talent.

I understand your point - Iā€™m sure you will agree itā€™s sad state that this is the reality !

I don't know that AB's text messages should be characterized as threatening. Ā He denied the claims and called her a "super broke girl" and claimed she had a lot of kids. Ā That is not especially intimidating. Ā Poor judgment? Absolutely. Ā Threatening? Ā Hardly. Ā Let's call off the lynching and allow AB due process. Ā Everyone is piling on AB now, including claims of dead fish and farting at his doctor's office. Ā If AB is the monster he has been described by his accusers as, I am confident he will face suspension, but let's not act too hastily. Ā Thus far, we have accusations. Ā Let the investigative process play out. Ā I am not defending AB, but the process that should be afforded an accused.

Interesting. See, I know my organization would fire a doctor who behaved in this say, even if he was top 5 in the world.Ā 

Entertainment industry is different, for obvious reasons, but this statement above is quite ridiculous as a retort to anyone who says theyd be fired

He's playing by different rules than the rest of us because of his talent too many people live vicariously through the Top 5 people in the world with extraordinary skill sets.
FTFY!

;)

Can Patriots fans say they don't want him loudly enough and then complain that nobody hears the Patriot fans insisting they don't want him?

What a weird dynamic this is. We get it. You hate the guy. It seems everybody have saved their five minutes of hate for 'Tonio. He's a piece of work and then some, and I don't underemphasize the "then some." Just an ###.

But as someone who rosters Gordon, I'm all in favor of long suspensions.

I don't know that AB's text messages should be characterized as threatening.Ā 
You're correct in there does not seem to be a direct threat, but just the act of targeting her via messaging and posting pictures of her children while asking this mysterious "Eric B" to "look into her background history" can certainly be seen as threatening.

Her lawyer makes a strong point about this sort of behavior being a primary reason why women are afraid to come forward.

Having said that... has it been confirmed that this group text was sent by AB? If it was, I believe that he will be taking a seat.

I am on record that AB is whatever condescending word anyone wants to call him. But letā€™s play this concept out a little. Most John Q. Publicā€™s would have been fired when they threatened their general manager. But then they would have been able to have been hired immediately at another employer.Ā 

In the regular world, all the off field personal stuff probably would not have come out and impacted someoneā€™s job. Would your boss find out about a civil suit? Would a boss hear about private emails and texts? It would be extremely unlikely a team of reporters across the country would be doing a deep dive into anyoneā€™s private life from a shipping or accounting department.Ā 

No one should shedĀ a tear for an infringement on ABā€™s privacy. Heā€™s made tens of millions of dollars. It comes with the territory being a public figure and star athlete. But Regular Joeā€™s do gain a sense of anonymity that Brown canā€™t benefit from. I am sure there will be more to come out. Speeding tickets. Unpaid parking tickets. Repossessed vehicles. Missed child support payments. Who knows what other dirt will come out. It still comes back to whether being not a nice guy with no police involvement, no law enforcement investigation, and no criminal charges is considered an exempt able or suspend-able situation.

We all know RG COULD do whatever he wants . . . but one would think that a fair amount of NFL players couldĀ have plenty of skeletons in their closets.Ā Ā Ā Does the league really want full disclosure on other players dirty laundry?

i also heard a discussion on the ramifications of AB if he were to face discipline by the league. It could dramatically swing his court case before he even stepped into a courtroom. The womanā€™s attorneys could cite his disciplineĀ as proof he should be held liable . . . basedĀ on a rushed independent investigation by the league potentially fueled and supported by the media. Again, no one should feel bad for AB, but the way this case has gone from the alleged incident going forward really seems like itā€™s been a complete end around to the way the legal and criminal justice was set up to work.Ā 

So to summarize . . . Prayers for the victim if she was harmed. AB still a jerk. League should let professional investigators handle incidents (and traditionally that would involve cases where people actually filed a formal complaint with the proper authorities).

If these messages were truly threatening and intimidating why are her lawyers running to an SI writer and the NFL and not the police? Seems really strange.

I am on record that AB is whatever condescending word anyone wants to call him. But letā€™s play this concept out a little. Most John Q. Publicā€™s would have been fired when they threatened their general manager. But then they would have been able to have been hired immediately at another employer.Ā 

In the regular world, all the off field personal stuff probably would not have come out and impacted someoneā€™s job. Would your boss find out about a civil suit? Would a boss hear about private emails and texts? It would be extremely unlikely a team of reporters across the country would be doing a deep dive into anyoneā€™s private life from a shipping or accounting department.Ā 

No one should shedĀ a tear for an infringement on ABā€™s privacy. Heā€™s made tens of millions of dollars. It comes with the territory being a public figure and star athlete. But Regular Joeā€™s do gain a sense of anonymity that Brown canā€™t benefit from. I am sure there will be more to come out. Speeding tickets. Unpaid parking tickets. Repossessed vehicles. Missed child support payments. Who knows what other dirt will come out. It still comes back to whether being not a nice guy with no police involvement, no law enforcement investigation, and no criminal charges is considered an exempt able or suspend-able situation.

We all know RG COULD do whatever he wants . . . but one would think that a fair amount of NFL players couldĀ have plenty of skeletons in their closets.Ā Ā Ā Does the league really want full disclosure on other players dirty laundry?

i also heard a discussion on the ramifications of AB if he were to face discipline by the league. It could dramatically swing his court case before he even stepped into a courtroom. The womanā€™s attorneys could cite his disciplineĀ as proof he should be held liable . . . basedĀ on a rushed independent investigation by the league potentially fueled and supported by the media. Again, no one should feel bad for AB, but the way this case has gone from the alleged incident going forward really seems like itā€™s been a complete end around to the way the legal and criminal justice was set up to work.Ā 

So to summarize . . . Prayers for the victim if she was harmed. AB still a jerk. League should let professional investigators handle incidents (and traditionally that would involve cases where people actually filed a formal complaint with the proper authorities).
Never thought about this. I wonder if there are examples of this playing out with other players (or public figures in general).

Never thought about this. I wonder if there are examples of this playing out with other players (or public figures in general).
If we stop and think about it, the traditional path to litigation is a tough burden of proofĀ standard by law enforcement that often leads to no charges filed. So instead get the league to do it with a much lower threshold by people that are not criminal investigators where there is no assumption or ramifications for people they talk to to tell the truth. No one they talk to can face perjury or obstruction charges. They have no legal authority.Ā 

So the woman could get a sloppy,Ā expedited investigation that perfectly fits her narrative for her court case and get it in weeks instead of months or years had the police gotten involved. Do we really want the NFL being an accountable agency and organization to make legal decisions? The legal system is bad enough as it is . . . Do we really want the league to set a new bar based on their track record for making impeccable, well thought of decisions?

If AB really Elijah Dukes'd threatened this woman, he's played his last game this season.

EDIT: I should be careful about that, we don't know exactly what the texts contained and I think if Brown did what Dukes did, he'd be in court already because police would've intervened.

If these messages were truly threatening and intimidating why are her lawyers running to an SI writer and the NFL and not the police? Seems really strange.
You are assuming this has not occurred, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread