What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chick Fil-A (3 Viewers)

Not mystified as to why people eat fast food chief, just why this particular franchise stands out to them.  Little if any difference in taste, quality or price.

Of course that's just my opinion.  Feel free to stand in a long line (but not on Sunday!) for some average chow.
As one who was an evangelical christian for 30+ years, I can say in all honesty that yes, christians, especially evangelical christians, especially southern evangelical christians, especially southern baptist evangelical christians, will not only go out of their way to support christian run businesses, they go gaga in supporting them in their social circles. It's like they think they'll get gifts in heaven for supporting Chick-fil-a while they're on earth. 

Chick-fil-a is one of the best run fast food chains because their franchising model is incredibly strict. In fact, a franchisee is about as close to being an employee as a non-employee can get. So they do deserve a lot of credit for a fantastically well run chain operation. But I honestly don't think they would be as successful as they are without the incredibly large support they get from the christian community. 

As far as fastfood goes,  chick fil a is the apex predator of the bunch. They clearly have the best food, cleanest restaurants, coupled with a friendly and efficient staff. 

Why wouldn't people chose them when slumming for food. 

With regards to there are better options out there, look Mr. cultured guy, most peole aren't as cultured as you. They're working on it. 
Maybe they want a hamburger? 

who is paying 10 bucks a chickfila?

Spicy chicken sanwich

fries

drink

yummmm
So I'll be driving by a dozen of these leaving LA on my way to Vegas. This above is the right order? I'm pretty sure I had strips and a chocolate chip cookie the only time I went, which was last summer in San Diego. Do they make burgers? I hate chicken.

Not mystified as to why people eat fast food chief, just why this particular franchise stands out to them.  Little if any difference in taste, quality or price.

Of course that's just my opinion.  Feel free to stand in a long line (but not on Sunday!) for some average chow.
No standing in line - online ordering!

What fast food places are you eating at that you consider to be comparable taste and quality? 

I do wish they were open on Sunday but that's their choice, not sure why I wouldn't eat there the other 6 days when I need something quick and tasty.

As far as fastfood goes,  chick fil a is the apex predator of the bunch. They clearly have the best food, cleanest restaurants, coupled with a friendly and efficient staff. 

Why wouldn't people chose them when slumming for food. 

With regards to there are better options out there, look Mr. cultured guy, most peole aren't as cultured as you. They're working on it. 
I guess the point is why eat fast food, Convenience, lack of options to choose from, etc?

I get that argument - it's all about convenience/options for me
One of the reasons Chick-fil-A has the highest per store revenue is that it's impossible for a franchisee to chose their own location. Every location opened meets their high location requirement standards before a franchisee is even considered for it. 

No standing in line - online ordering!

What fast food places are you eating at that you consider to be comparable taste and quality? 

I do wish they were open on Sunday but that's their choice, not sure why I wouldn't eat there the other 6 days when I need something quick and tasty.
I rarely eat fast food.  Don't get me wrong, chick filet is fine, but I find it to be the equivalent of 5 guys or Popeyes.  To be clear, my taste buds aren't amplified by the fact that its some sort of Christian business (nor are my taste buds negatively effected; I don't care one way or the other).

Uh, what else does Mercedes-Benz Stadium plan to host? Is it only the Falcons, or will there be concerts and conventions?

Plus, the advertisement opportunity alone might make it worth it.

eta* They're also sponsors of the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl, played at where in 2017? Yeah, you can guess...
Soccer games, college football. 

It is a tiny chicken breast with a ton of bread? Meh. 
Every time I've had one it's actually the opposite problem. Chicken is a bit too big for the caliber of bun. 

Their tenders are good. Spicy chicken sandwich is really good. Fries are good. Have several sauce options. 

On a road trip it's the best place to get a drive through ff meal. Culver's tastes better but those burgers give me the squirts. 

I was in Jackson, TN Wednesday night and there were 25 cars in the drive through at 8:40 at night.  They have a lot of supporters.  

Nugget said:
I was in Jackson, TN Wednesday night and there were 25 cars in the drive through at 8:40 at night.  They have a lot of supporters.  
That's more the norm than not...at least between 11-2PM and 6-9PM.

CFA's chicken nuggets stay crispy even after being refrigerated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chick-fil-a is giving away free biscuits this morning so I walk over and get in the really long line.  There’s a guy about four people in front of my who keeps letting folks get in front of him.  Finally, after doing this several time he’s in front of me.  Guy turns around and asks me if I could help him get something to go with his free biscuit.  Normally I’ll give a buck or two if I have it but I was like “WTF??” - didn’t have any cash anyway but that seemed kind of ballsy on his part I thought.

I was proud of myself last week avoiding my usual #1 with a lemonade.  Unfortunately, I relapsed yesterday and made it a large. :bag:
I’ve been getting the equivalent of a #1 but with a water instead of soda. Save a buck or two but the big one for me is cutting out the soda, plus refill. 

Users who are viewing this thread