What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Veterans Day (1 Viewer)

BobbyLayne

Footballguy
Thank you to all those who served and to those with veterans in their family. Serving is a big ask for spouses and families, and we should also horor the sacrifices they have to make.

To my fellow veterans, links below for restaurants offering tokens of appreciation to veterans. Not the biggest fan of Applebee's but they've been doing free entrees for something like 16 years (heard that on a football podcast today.) There's also free pancakes available at iHOP, Dunkin' + Krispy Kreme both have a donut & coffee giveaway, Arby's has a free roast beef, Buffalo Wild Wings has 10 free wings, Denny's a grand slam breakfast, bunch more.

I tend to not pay attention to these but wifey and I are going to do a couple of these since they're within walking distance.

Most of these are for Friday (observed) or Saturday although I noticed the Red Lobster deal starts Monday and runs for like 4 weeks.

64 Veterans Day food deals: Free meals, coffee and more

hmmm....couple missing from that one, here is another list from military.com

2023 Veterans Day Free Meals and Restaurant Deals and Discounts

If you served, you deserve to enjoy these. You matter, and what you did is appreciated by the nation.

Last edited:
Any good movie marathons going on this weekend? Grew up watching classic war movies like Tora! Tora! Tora! and The Guns of Navarone and The Longest Day.

I have a harder time watching stuff like Black Hawk Down and Hacksaw Ridge. Great movies but a little too much for me.

Any good movie marathons going on this weekend? Grew up watching classic war movies like Tora! Tora! Tora! and The Guns of Navarone and The Longest Day.

I have a harder time watching stuff like Black Hawk Down and Hacksaw Ridge. Great movies but a little too much for me.
TCM has a few tomorrow, including the all-timer, The Best Years of Our Lives.

I have a harder time watching stuff like Black Hawk Down and Hacksaw Ridge. Great movies
For the past few years I've been watching Taking Chance and Last Flag Flying on Veterans Day and Memorial day.

Thank you for your service.

Users who are viewing this thread