What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chick Fil-A (4 Viewers)

As someone who absolutely loves their nuggets and fries and heck even the lemonade is top-notch, trust me I am a bit baffled too.  
Was $10 for the combo?  The size and breading of their sandwiches are easily the most consistent I’ve seen across FF places.  Granted they aren’t huge but I don’t think I’ve ever had anything that was close to slider size.

Was $10 for the combo?  The size and breading of their sandwiches are easily the most consistent I’ve seen across FF places.  Granted they aren’t huge but I don’t think I’ve ever had anything that was close to slider size.
Yup $9.50 here in SoCal for the combo (fries and small drink).  It was definitely smaller than I expected and definitely was mostly breading.  Quite disappointing.  

I believe CFA is getting ready to roll out a menu change nationwide that will have a lot of "spicy" options on it.  nirad might just be in one of the test markets.
They have had the spicy sandwich for a while and its delicious.

Id wonder though, never heard it described as almost all breading (nor have I encountered one that way at CFA)...or worried about it being on the small side.  The breakfast one is smaller to fit on a biscuit...wondering if someone in that kitchen messed up.

Id wonder though, never heard it described as almost all breading (nor have I encountered one that way at CFA)...or worried about it being on the small side.  The breakfast one is smaller to fit on a biscuit...wondering if someone in that kitchen messed up.
I've had some weird chicken sandwiches (one from Popeye's which is my favorite) at times where there's little chicken and a lot of breading. Perhaps in the machine separation or what have you, the breading takes precedence at times?

Anyway, I've also had Chik-fil-A's spicy and enjoyed it. That's some good, good stuff. I'll have to try the lemonade per nirad.

The bun was small, like McDonald's little cheeseburger size.  I expected it to be on a bigger bun with a bigger slab o' fried-up chicken.  

Again, was disappointed with size and it seemed like it should have been meatier.

I know I said I wouldn't try it again, but based off recommendations here and the fact that I dig their nuggets, I'm probably inclined to give it another shot.  I love a good chicken sandwich.

Yeah, you'd think someone could give to one of the largest charities on earth with a clean conscience, but damn if some little @squistion LGBTQ puritanist won't beat you from there to negative publicity for accepting either the Salvation Army or Chik-Fil-A's money. 

Way more harm done than good, and it tears the country apart. 
cool story, way to ruin a thread about food.

Tried the popeyes spicy chicken sandwich for the 1st time today.

As someone who loves the CFA version....wow. this was very good.

Admittedly,  I assume "unhealthier" with the sauce and what seems like a lot more breading but man was it tasty and juicy.

The bun was small, like McDonald's little cheeseburger size.  I expected it to be on a bigger bun with a bigger slab o' fried-up chicken.  

Again, was disappointed with size and it seemed like it should have been meatier.

I know I said I wouldn't try it again, but based off recommendations here and the fact that I dig their nuggets, I'm probably inclined to give it another shot.  I love a good chicken sandwich.
To be clear on my confusion - they use the same buns for the regular and spicy sandwich and from what I can tell the same chicken breasts - one just has the spices on it.  That and the price was why I was confused.  I’m actually in the camp of the regular >> spicy but I’ve probably eaten 1,000 regular sandwiches in my life and maybe 5 of the spicy.

Admittedly,  I assume "unhealthier" with the sauce and what seems like a lot more breading but man was it tasty and juicy.
This is the first I have heard of the sauce... what kind is it?  Is there Mayo on it?

Likewise.  I mostly enjoyed the sandwich, but everything seemed over salted to me (beyond regular seasoning).

I believe CFA is getting ready to roll out a menu change nationwide that will have a lot of "spicy" options on it.  nirad might just be in one of the test markets.
They already have spicy sandwich, spicy club and spicy tenders ... Not sure what is left.. lol

Oh - I thought that was everywhere already. We've had that for awhile here.

"We are excited to offer Spicy Chick-n-Strips, the Grilled Spicy Deluxe Sandwich and the Spicy Chick-n-Strips Biscuit as part of the new test menu in Charlotte"

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh - I thought that was everywhere already. We've had that for awhile here.

"We are excited to offer Spicy Chick-n-Strips, the Grilled Spicy Deluxe Sandwich and the Spicy Chick-n-Strips Biscuit as part of the new test menu in Charlotte"
I just saw the article the other day.  So not sure.  I don't even look at the menu anymore.  I know I want a #1, with a large lemonade and then my wife and I also split a 12 pack of nuggets.

A new Chick-Fil-A opened in Allen Park MI. 

I knew I was going to be at a meeting at Ford Motor World Headquarters today and that is about 5 minutes away from the new Chick-Fil-A.  The meeting ended at 2pm and I am thinking I will check out the place and being after the lunch and before dinner I thought would be in good shape to get in and out.   It is in kind of an outdoor mall type of area with a number of other eateries.  I go to pull in there are police directing traffic going into the mall driveway so I thought there was an accident. As I go closer there must have been 75 or more vehicles lined up to get into the Chick-Fil-A parking lot and the lot was full as well.     I just left.

I like this place but no way in hell is it good enough to wait 30-40 minutes for some fast food.

So a new Chick-Fil-A opened in Allen Park MI. 

So I knew I was going to be at a meeting at Ford Motor World Headquarters today and that is about 5 minutes away from the new Chick-Fil-A.  The meeting ended at so I am thinking I will check out the place and being after the lunch and before dinner I thought would be in good shape to get in and out.   It is in kind of an outdoor mall type of area with a number of other eateries.  I go to pull in there are police directing traffic going into the mall driveway so I thought there was an accident. As I go closer there must have been 75 or more vehicles lined up to get into the Chick-Fil-A parking lot and the lot was full as well.     I just left.

I like this place but no way in hell is it good enough to wait 30-40 minutes for some fast food.
Or 5 minutes for that matter.

Had my first experience tonight.

Spicy chicken meal and got 8 free nuggets for downloading the app , thanks @Jaysus for that

The spicy chicken sandwich was good, but not better than Wendy’s imho.

The waffle fries were meh. Could’ve stayed in the fryer for another minute maybe.

The nuggets were the best fast food nuggets ever

By the time I scanned for the nuggets and paid for my meal the food was ready which was surprising because it was busy. The drive thru line was probably 15 deep.

Overall.....idk. Didn’t live up to the hype 

They already have spicy sandwich, spicy club and spicy tenders ... Not sure what is left.. lol
They did the dumbest thing they've ever done ever when they removed the spicy chicken biscuit from their menu.  I didn't go to Chic-fil-a for a week out of protest when they had that brain fart.

They did the dumbest thing they've ever done ever when they removed the spicy chicken biscuit from their menu.  I didn't go to Chic-fil-a for a week out of protest when they had that brain fart.
One opened 20 minutes away several weeks ago.  Last time I was that way (on an early morning) I swung by for the chicken minis breakfast.  First CFA experience.  Very good.  Could you just order a spicy chicken biscuit?  Would they not give it to you?

One opened 20 minutes away several weeks ago.  Last time I was that way (on an early morning) I swung by for the chicken minis breakfast.  First CFA experience.  Very good.  Could you just order a spicy chicken biscuit?  Would they not give it to you?
I don't think they'll put one of the large sandwich fillets on a biscuit, but I've never asked :mellow:  

Just had CFA for the first time since early March...the piece of chicken on the basic sandwich was 30-40% bigger. Was that just a weird piece, or are they cranking it up to compete w Popeyes?

I had Chick-Fil-A sandwich and fries today and it was excellent as usual.  I have no desire to ever eat a spicy chicken sandwich so I doubt I will try Popeyes.

A new Chick-Fil-A opened in Allen Park MI. 

I knew I was going to be at a meeting at Ford Motor World Headquarters today and that is about 5 minutes away from the new Chick-Fil-A.  The meeting ended at 2pm and I am thinking I will check out the place and being after the lunch and before dinner I thought would be in good shape to get in and out.   It is in kind of an outdoor mall type of area with a number of other eateries.  I go to pull in there are police directing traffic going into the mall driveway so I thought there was an accident. As I go closer there must have been 75 or more vehicles lined up to get into the Chick-Fil-A parking lot and the lot was full as well.     I just left.

Yeah that whole complex gets crazy busy at times, i have not been by there in awhile and I still have no desire to wait in any kind of line for Chick-fil-a

plus I’d much rather have Popeyes, waited like 45 minutes again yesterday, probably like 10 cars in front of me, just incredibly slow but so worth it

Yeah that whole complex gets crazy busy at times, i have not been by there in awhile and I still have no desire to wait in any kind of line for Chick-fil-a

plus I’d much rather have Popeyes, waited like 45 minutes again yesterday, probably like 10 cars in front of me, just incredibly slow but so worth it
As Joe Biden would say "Come on man"    no fried chicken sandwich is worth a 45 minute wait.

As Joe Biden would say "Come on man"    no fried chicken sandwich is worth a 45 minute wait.
I get the grilled sandwich at CFA, but I agree.  I don't think I've had it since February thanks to the pandemic. I tried going there one day last week at lunch, but the drive-thru line was crazy long, so I said to hell with it and moved on since they are not allowing any customers inside for obvious reasons (I always go inside to get it, even when getting it to-go, because I can get in and out quicker than I would sitting in the drive-thru). 

Atlanta megachurch pastor Louie Giglio set off a firestorm this week when he suggested during a recorded event at his church that the phrase “white privilege” could be replaced with the phrase “white blessing.”

Many white pastors have been addressing racism in the past few weeks, since the outbreak of widespread protests across the country over police brutality and the death of George Floyd, an unarmed black man, in the custody of Minneapolis police. At Passion City Church in Atlanta, Giglio described slavery as a blessing after talking about “the blessing” of the cross on which Jesus died.

“We understand the curse that was slavery, white people do,” Giglio said during a conversation Sunday about race in America with hip-hop artist Lecrae Moore and Chick-fil-A chief executive Dan Cathy, who is an evangelical Christian. “And we say that was bad. But we miss the blessing of slavery, that it actually built up the framework for the world that white people live in.”

Giglio is the founder of Passion, a popular Christian conference. He was slated to deliver the benediction at President Obama’s second inauguration in 2013, but backed out after news reports about a sermon he’d given in the 1990s in which he said “being gay is a sinful choice” and that gay people “will be prevented from ‘entering the Kingdom of God.’ ”
:mellow:

wow.  

I've finally had the Popeye's sammich, and it's better than CFA's sammich.  But Popeye's takes 5 minutes per car in the drive through and screws up our order every time, so CFA is still my preferred choice overall.

CFA's Covid pickup system is great - order with the app, park in front, enter your spot number, they bring out the food.  So simple and effective compared to the clown show most places are running.

Grilled Nuggets, Fruit Cup, Unsweet Ice tea, ZERO Points on WW, OK maybe 1 for the fruit but no it's pretty much ZERO

Want a full sammich, get the grilled chix and just add some hot sauce to flavor it up. Still only 5 points, pretty good. 

Grilled Nuggets, Fruit Cup, Unsweet Ice tea, ZERO Points on WW, OK maybe 1 for the fruit but no it's pretty much ZERO

Want a full sammich, get the grilled chix and just add some hot sauce to flavor it up. Still only 5 points, pretty good. 
Are the grilled nuggets good? This looks like it could be my go to order, though I love the regular and spicy chicken sando. 

Are the grilled nuggets good? This looks like it could be my go to order, though I love the regular and spicy chicken sando. 
If you eat 3,500 calories a day of fast food and snack/treats, it might not taste amazing. But I never eat fast food any more outside of mom n pop pizza joints so they taste salty enough to me plus they put garlic I think on them or there appears to be something on them, they're pretty good. Franks Red Hot can't have many calories, just toss some of that on them. 

I have a modified buffalo chix sand when I used to eat out at my fav Bar/Grille and I just had them grill the chicken breast and then smother it in their hot wing sauce which has no butter in it all hot sauce, dunk it in blue cheese dressing as I see fit while I am shoveling it into my mouth, pretty dang good. 

CFA's Covid pickup system is great - order with the app, park in front, enter your spot number, they bring out the food.  So simple and effective compared to the clown show most places are running.
Back when most everything in my state was shut down, a local distillery started doing curb-side pickup and advertised it as "Like Chick Fila does"... it was good enough to get me to go there and buy a few liters.  

Finally tried Popeyes chicken sandwich today.  Far superior to Chick-Fil-A
My fam did the taste test and Chick-fil-A won by a landslide.  The Popeyes samich was too salty, and greasy.  The CFA waffle fries, with the CFA sauce......so much better than the Popeyes Cajun fries.  

I've seen a bunch of people online agree with you......blows my mind.  I honestly think some of it is cuz they don't like CFA's politics.  FWIW, I took politics out of it.......I went purely on taste and quality.

My fam did the taste test and Chick-fil-A won by a landslide.  The Popeyes samich was too salty, and greasy.  The CFA waffle fries, with the CFA sauce......so much better than the Popeyes Cajun fries.  

I've seen a bunch of people online agree with you......blows my mind.  I honestly think some of it is cuz they don't like CFA's politics.  FWIW, I took politics out of it.......I went purely on taste and quality.

more often than not - CFA does not cook those waffle fries enough ...they get a gross, "mealy" texture that I cannot stand.  

I am in the Popeye's camp - but I'll eat a CFA spicy sandwich anytime.  

Users who are viewing this thread