What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chick Fil-A (3 Viewers)

I think Deadspin tried this, and it was a mess - they couldn't get the timing right to get hot sammiches to everyone at the testing time.
We had the same issue. By the time we got them all and everyone got their servings, the food was all room temperature. So not a great experiment. 

FWIW, Popeyes was the clear winner with CFA coming in 2nd. Popeyes sandwich crispier and juicier. I preferred CFA’s flavor a bit, but not by much.

Went to pick there today with my daughter and wowza...the line inside is 15 deep and the drive thru was backed up so far it made me laugh.  Then the army of workers busted out the orders and we were sitting down with a tray being delivered in a couple of minutes.  No wonder people swear by this place and with all of the crowds, not an unhappy worker face in the store and not a single person that did not maintain their politeness too. 

Oh yeah...the sandwich was really good too.

Went to pick there today with my daughter and wowza...the line inside is 15 deep and the drive thru was backed up so far it made me laugh.  Then the army of workers busted out the orders and we were sitting down with a tray being delivered in a couple of minutes.  No wonder people swear by this place and with all of the crowds, not an unhappy worker face in the store and not a single person that did not maintain their politeness too. 

Awesome. I'll have to try it tomorrow. 

Their “secret” isn’t really all that secretive.  Good food, served fast, friendly workers, clean facilities, food is consistent as hell.  That’s basically 5 of the 6 things you want from a fast food place, the other being cheap prices.  No other chain I’m aware of comes close to doing that.

As great as the drive thru can be...use the app.  Order before you go...click saying you are there when you get there in one of  the designated spots.  Food comes out quick, pay using the app and collect your points or whatever.  Skip all the lines.

It seems always faster than the drove thru when it’s busy.

drove past a CFA at around 10.15a the other day and it was like they were giving away cash, the lines for drive thru were epic.  what are people getting here for breakfast, besides religion?

drove past a CFA at around 10.15a the other day and it was like they were giving away cash, the lines for drive thru were epic.  what are people getting here for breakfast, besides religion?
Religious aspect has been nixxed, CFA no longer donates to Catholic charities.  The alphabet crowd won that battle.

Chicken: B+
Canes Sauce for said chicken: A+
Fries: C-/D+
Texas Toast: A++++++++++
I've never been, but word on the street is you can ask to sub Toast for the coleslaw (and/or fries too I suppose) to make an even better meal.

They stopped giving to the dang Salvation Army......
Yeah, you'd think someone could give to one of the largest charities on earth with a clean conscience, but damn if some little @squistion LGBTQ puritanist won't beat you from there to negative publicity for accepting either the Salvation Army or Chik-Fil-A's money. 

Way more harm done than good, and it tears the country apart. 

rockaction said:
Yeah, you'd think someone could give to one of the largest charities on earth with a clean conscience, but damn if some little @squistion LGBTQ puritanist won't beat you from there to negative publicity for accepting either the Salvation Army or Chik-Fil-A's money. 

I not sure why you felt compelled to tag me in this thread and label me as some little LGBTQ puritanist (whatever the hell that means).

Chick-Fil-A is free to support any charitable organization they wish. By the same token, customers are free to spend their dollars there or not depending on what they think of the charities being supported. Apparently, enough customers spoke with their pocket book and decided they didn't want their "yummy" chicken sandwiches served with a side of bigotry and the company responded accordingly.  

Good corporate decision and somehow I doubt that it will be one of the things that tears this country apart.

Last edited by a moderator:
I not sure why you felt compelled to tag me in this thread and label me as some little LGBTQ puritanist (whatever the hell that means).

Chick-Fil-A is free to support any charitable organization they wish. By the same token, customers are free to spend their dollars there or not depending on what they think of the charities being supported. Apparently, enough customers spoke with their pocket book and decided they didn't want their "yummy" chicken sandwiches served with a side of bigotry and the company responded accordingly.  

Good corporate decision and somehow I doubt that it will be one of the things that tears this country apart.
I didn't feel compelled, I felt great to tag you in this thread because you run a little thread in the PSF (or felt impelled to point out in this one, I forget) that mentioned in a celebratory tone that Chik-Fil-A no longer donates to the charities like the Salvation Army, and that these little constant protestations and boycotts that shear apart the niggling differences in the traditional way which entities provide; and therefore, feed, shelter and clothe, the indigent are now up for scrutiny and left-wing puritan tests, and are now are tearing the country apart indeed.

Apparently, enough customers spoke with their pocket book and decided they didn't want their "yummy" chicken sandwiches served with a side of bigotry and the company responded accordingly.  
Bigot=a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions. Think about that for a second.

Bigot=a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions. Think about that for a second.
I prefer a more expansive definition that you also can think about for a second:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigotry

A bigot is a person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities that are different from his or her own. Mostly, the person's opinions are based on prejudice.

I prefer a more expansive definition that you also think about for a second:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigotry

A bigot is a person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or identities that are different from his or her own. Mostly, the person's opinions are based on prejudice.
Is religion the problem? Why aren't you boycotting actual churches? Has Chik fil A ever discriminated against anyone or turned them away? Haven't they stopped donating to organizations some people deem offensive? I'm in no way religious at all, but to me it seems the far left has contributed to Chik fil A's success. For Christ sake it's a chicken sandwich.

Is religion the problem? Why aren't you boycotting actual churches? Has Chik fil A ever discriminated against anyone or turned them away? Haven't they stopped donating to organizations some people deem offensive? I'm in no way religious at all, but to me it seems the far left has contributed to Chik fil A's success. For Christ sake it's a chicken sandwich.
I have no idea what to respond to in that rant, outside of the bolded -  and yes they have stopped donating to organizations that some found offensive for perceived anti-gay bias or actions.

rockaction said:

Not cool to specifically tag someone, insult them, and drag a PSF discussion into the FFA.

Not cool to specifically tag someone, insult them, and drag a PSF discussion into the FFA.
I'm sorry. It was Ramsay Hunt Experience and Chaka. I mistook them for squistion. But yeah, the politics have long been a part of this thread.  And squistion is a big boy who will tag people at random and then insult them. Or demand questions be answered. Or start four Colin Kaepernick threads. Or do other weird #### you apparently are Not Smart of nor privy to. So yeah, it seemed appropriate.

Has anyone else had issues with mobile ordering for dine in?  I mobile order for pickup at one CFA for work and it works flawlessly. I’ve done mobile ordering at another for dine in close to home (scan table number at arrival) and they consistently forget stuff.  It’s so out of character for CFA that I’m not sure if it’s the dine in aspect or this particular restaurant can’t get its stuff together.  

Has anyone else had issues with mobile ordering for dine in?  I mobile order for pickup at one CFA for work and it works flawlessly. I’ve done mobile ordering at another for dine in close to home (scan table number at arrival) and they consistently forget stuff.  It’s so out of character for CFA that I’m not sure if it’s the dine in aspect or this particular restaurant can’t get its stuff together.  
We used the mobile ordering dine in option for the first time on New Year's Day and it worked flawlessly. This was at a CFA about an hour from home so hopefully my local ones will be a smooth transaction as well. 

As for the app itself. I used it for the first time, successfully, this past Monday and have already received 2 free chicken sandwiches. I will mobile order from now on even if I have to it while in the parking lot. 

We used the mobile ordering dine in option for the first time on New Year's Day and it worked flawlessly. This was at a CFA about an hour from home so hopefully my local ones will be a smooth transaction as well. 

As for the app itself. I used it for the first time, successfully, this past Monday and have already received 2 free chicken sandwiches. I will mobile order from now on even if I have to it while in the parking lot. 
you can also scan the app at the register if you order in person ;)

Just had Chic-fil-A's chicken sandwich.  Meh.

Had the spicy version, and it was supposed to come with pepper jack cheese to spice it up even more.  They put their "american" cheese on it instead.  

Even without the cheese mixup, the thing was mostly breading and WAY smaller than I anticipated.  Heck, it was only a little bigger than your average "slider" type of sandwich.

Flavor was decent, I'll give them that. 

But for $10, I'd expect a bigger sandwich with more meat.

Definitely never, ever having it again.  Would rather get their nuggets.  

Just had their chicken sandwich.  Meh.

Had the spicy version, and it was supposed to come with pepper jack cheese to spice it up even more.  They put their "american" cheese on it instead.  

Even without the cheese mixup, the thing was mostly breading and WAY smaller than I anticipated.  Heck, it was only a little bigger than your average "slider" type of sandwich.

chic-fil-a or popeye's?

Just had their chicken sandwich.  Meh.

I’m all kinds of confused by this - are you sure you ate at Chick-fil-a?

Users who are viewing this thread