What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chick Fil-A (1 Viewer)

Sometimes we get those party trays for when we have people over.  There is nothing more exciting than eating some CFA nuggets on a Sunday afternoon.
My cousin owns two franchises here locally.  There’s always party trays at family gatherings. :wub:

CFA tea is the ####. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes we get those party trays for when we have people over.  There is nothing more exciting than eating some CFA nuggets on a Sunday afternoon.
We've gotten them for my son's last 3 birthdays.  For his 4th, we had 100+ people at the house and bought two of the big trays.  My son cried and cried when we ran out of water balloons.  I cried and cried when the guests ate ALL the #### nuggets and there were absolutely none left at the end of the party.

We've gotten them for my son's last 3 birthdays.  For his 4th, we had 100+ people at the house and bought two of the big trays.  My son cried and cried when we ran out of water balloons.  I cried and cried when the guests ate ALL the #### nuggets and there were absolutely none left at the end of the party.
It's so true.  My wife and I will be like, "How many people are coming?  10?  We should probably order about 500 nuggets then." 

damn you people it now takes 20 minutes during lunch time to get my awesome chicken sandwich.  Never seen a line that long outside and inside.  if I wanted insanely long line I would have gone to Chick Fil A

Popeye's is good, but all the pics of that new sammich look like a mayo fountain.  I'll give it a try sans mayo sometime.

It's all but impossible to find a Popeyes Chicken sandwich around Tampa Bay, apparently there's a bun issue/shortage...my GF went earlier today and said there was a line in the drive thru and they had THIS posted at the menu board.

Popeye's is good, but all the pics of that new sammich look like a mayo fountain.  I'll give it a try sans mayo sometime.
In practice the Mayo is not overdone at all. Highly recommend the spicy version. It’s amazing. Massive chicken breast filet. Absolutely slays Chick-Fil-A

[icon] said:
In practice the Mayo is not overdone at all. Highly recommend the spicy version. It’s amazing. Massive chicken breast filet. Absolutely slays Chick-Fil-A
What makes it spicy?  Is it a sauce?

On any random Sunday afternoon, Wendy's is better than anything CFA puts out. 
No way. The spicy chicken from Wendy’s is good and beats the other high volume FF chains like McDonald’s and Burger King, but those closed on Sundays homophobes know how to make chicken sandwiches. 

Dave Portnoy blind taste tested CFA, Wendy’s, and Popeyes and CFA was the clear winner. 
Dave Portnoy is a Lilliputian who’s tiny mouth cannot handle the Popeyes Sammie in all its glory.  

I fully expect people with undersized mouths and hands to prefer CFA’s sandwich. 

CFA chicken sandwich is better than Wendy’s, but not by much. To put Wendy’s in the McD/BK tier is silly.
I didn't put Wendy's quality of sandwich in the McD's/BK tier, I was talking sandwich rank amongst the peer group. The quote function blows or I would quote out the whole thing.

Dave Portnoy is a Lilliputian who’s tiny mouth cannot handle the Popeyes Sammie in all its glory.  

I fully expect people with undersized mouths and hands to prefer CFA’s sandwich. 
Dave Portnoy, at least figuratively, has a pretty big damn mouth. 

Popeyes sold out of the chicken sandwich, but it will bring it back permanently "soon".

Haven't tried either as I don't have a close location. I may just have to make a drive.

Obviously everyone has different tastes so there's always going to be people who like or dislike things.  And usually it doesn't surprise me.  But when people say they don't like CFA, I'm always a little shocked.  I could eat a sandwich for every meal for the rest of my life and be happy.  And I love their lemonade.  
Meh. I have fallen off the CFA bandwagon for our own meals. I'd like a little variety. We have 3 teens, and it is usually the first option when they're asked 'Where do you wanna go?" I need to go somewhere else with 5 people to be able to get something for everyone.

Now if it was just me for lunch or something, I'd have it in the rotation for when I wanted chicken. Plus I love the Arnold Palmer with sweet tea.

We often have to get nuggets for meals for our older boys marching band; and when you have to supply a couple hundred nuggets, it is easier to just order a couple trays than to go buy them, store them frozen and then bake them. Plus I like to get them a variety of the sauces. ($2 each for them makes things easy!!!)

On any random Sunday afternoon, Wendy's is better than anything CFA puts out. 
Chick-fil-A. I could eat there seven times a day
Where the people laugh and children play
Oh, I'm in love with Chick-fil-A

Suddenly, I need waffle fries in front of me
With some nuggets & a large sweet tea
Oh, Chick-fil-A. You set me free

Kids, get in the van! So we can go there today
But, their stores are closed!
Oh, I know
'cause it's Sunday!

(Mad Voice)
Chick-fil-A, what a dirty, rotten trick to play!
Now I have to settle for Subway!
Oh, I'm in love with Chick-fil-A
Mmhmm... Chick-fil-A

What got me started on Chick Fil A is when I was a kid. Every time we would go to the mall there would always be an older employee of CFA standing out in front of the restaurant with a tray full of nuggets handing them out to people passing by. Well I would pass by as many times as I could but after 3 or 4 times I would usually get cut off.

My sister and I would also walk through Hickory Farms hitting up all of the samples. 

Only downside here is the drive thru blocks traffic on a main road. 

They're moving in the next year or two. 

Local news today had a grand opening of a chick fil a about 100 miles from me. First one anywhere near here to my knowledge 

Anyway, quite a few people spent the night in the parking lot to get a card that entitles them to 52 chicken sandwiches n waffle fries in the next year. It was about 40 degrees and windy as hell last night/this morning :lol:

People are nuts

Local news today had a grand opening of a chick fil a about 100 miles from me. First one anywhere near here to my knowledge 

Anyway, quite a few people spent the night in the parking lot to get a card that entitles them to 52 chicken sandwiches n waffle fries in the next year. It was about 40 degrees and windy as hell last night/this morning :lol:

People are nuts
Yes, Chick-Fil-A is nuts for giving away that much food.

This stuff is like crack.

I got a free sandwich the other day after a game and was so obsessed with how good it was that I drove straight to CFA and bought another sandwich.

Popeye’s brought their chicken sammich back and the local store had at least a 14 car deep line in the drive thru pouring outI on to a major road. Crazy. Lines much shorter at CFA today  :lol:

Tried the spicy and classic from Popeyes today. 

Spicy from Popeyes is better than Chic Fil A Spicy. 

Classic from Chic Fil A is better than Popeyes classic. 

Tried the spicy and classic from Popeyes today. 

Spicy from Popeyes is better than Chic Fil A Spicy. 

Classic from Chic Fil A is better than Popeyes classic. 
I’ve never seen anyone order non-spicy from Popeyes. Legit assumed they didn’t even carry it. 

Users who are viewing this thread