Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
pepwaves

Ryan Fitzpatrick

4 hours ago, Team Smokin' said:

Would you prefer FitzMagic or pure magic in Baker Mayfield for the ROS? Crazy, eh...

Read the Jameis Winston thread.  In a 12 teamer last night I dropped Fitzpatrick and picked up the combo of Baker Mayfield + Jameis Winston.

So short term I will struggle with Mayfield, hoping for upside.  I think Mayfield will at least start the remainder of the season barring something crazy or injury.  I don't see any way Fitzpatrick starts the rest of the season.  He may well keep the job for a few more weeks, but you gotta think Winston will be back at some point.

TZM

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TZMarkie said:

Read the Jameis Winston thread.  In a 12 teamer last night I dropped Fitzpatrick and picked up the combo of Baker Mayfield + Jameis Winston.

So short term I will struggle with Mayfield, hoping for upside.  I think Mayfield will at least start the remainder of the season barring something crazy or injury.  I don't see any way Fitzpatrick starts the rest of the season.  He may well keep the job for a few more weeks, but you gotta think Winston will be back at some point.

TZM

While I would agree that its possible if not likely that Winston re-claims the position if you really can't see any way that Fitz keeps the job you have to open your mind a little.  The guy has thrown for 400+ yards in 3 straight games and he is 2-1 against what looked like a murderer's row of teams to start the season against.  I will tell you one way he keeps the job - if he plays competently and beats the Bears this week.  Is that completely unfathomable?

• Like 2

1st off, yes the fact he’s at most a backup as far as the Bucs long term plans go mean he’s never going to be more than a poor game, maybe two, from the bench.

But that said, the fantasy community as a whole is unreasonably down on Fitz.  You can tell by the fact that right now Fitzpatrick’s success is building hype around Winston’s return.  What???!!!  If anything Fitz’s success makes you question what on earth Winston’s been doing with all this talent around him.  Guarantee you that’s how DeSean Jackson sees it right about now.

There’s a non-zero chance he keeps this up for another month, or two, or the whole season.  Plus there’s a greater than 50% chance Winston’s leash will be shorter now if/when he takes over. 

Just now, ChuckLiddell said:

While I would agree that its possible if not likely that Winston re-claims the position if you really can't see any way that Fitz keeps the job you have to open your mind a little.  The guy has thrown for 400+ yards in 3 straight games and he is 2-1 against what looked like a murderer's row of teams to start the season against.  I will tell you one way he keeps the job - if he plays competently and beats the Bears this week.  Is that completely unfathomable?

I agree, it is possible, but maybe I should have worded my response a little better.

I don't see any way Fitzpatrick keeps the job, and starts every game for the rest of the entire season.

I likely should have worded it better. I think its a virtual lock that Winston is back in at some point, even though it may be a few weeks.  At worst, Winston is an end of bench stash, that could help you make the playoffs when he ultimately takes over. I might have pointed it out in the Winston thread, but his schedule in weeks 10-14 is very good.

So certainly Fitzpatrick keeping the job is a possibility. I just think sooner or later he comes back down to earth, and Winston gets in.  If Winston gets back in even in week 7 or 8, that will have me salivating at that schedule run. (Though, his fantasy playoff weeks should be pointed out, @Bal and @Dal )

I might look else where once I make the playoffs, but who knows. I have to get there first.  :D

TZM

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jtp1982 said:

1st off, yes the fact he’s at most a backup as far as the Bucs long term plans go mean he’s never going to be more than a poor game, maybe two, from the bench.

But that said, the fantasy community as a whole is unreasonably down on Fitz.  You can tell by the fact that right now Fitzpatrick’s success is building hype around Winston’s return.  What???!!!  If anything Fitz’s success makes you question what on earth Winston’s been doing with all this talent around him.  Guarantee you that’s how DeSean Jackson sees it right about now.

There’s a non-zero chance he keeps this up for another month, or two, or the whole season.  Plus there’s a greater than 50% chance Winston’s leash will be shorter now if/when he takes over. 

There is some great info beginning on page 138 of the Winston thread concerning this and how Winston looked last year. @BassNBrew and a few others brought up some interesting points.

TZM

11 hours ago, Team Smokin' said:

Would you prefer FitzMagic or pure magic in Baker Mayfield for the ROS? Crazy, eh...

7 hours ago, TZMarkie said:

TZM

Da Bears this week, week 5 bye, and reading about the Winston thread plus the good chance that FitzMagic melts down to FitzSizzle, and Winston is their young stud #1 selection in Tampa. Fitz had a great ride to open the 2018 season and serves well as a back up. Chicago will put the hammer down on him. At some point Winston takes over. Perhaps after their bye or soon thereafter. No way Fitz starts the ROS. No way! That's enough for me. I picked up Baker Mayfield and love his energy and the Browns resurgence. Mayfield is rated way low this week by many experts. I just may start him this week in Oakland. We own Wentz as well. 

I appreciate reading all your comments and going to the Winston page beginning on page 138.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hairy Snowman said:

I like Fitz.  Smart QB.  He has weaknesses, but could take the right team to a Superbowl. 

He's never even taken a team to the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

He's never even taken a team to the playoffs.

Dilfer won a Superbowl.  Fitz is 10x the QB Dilfer was.  I don't even know if Trent had a winning season before that year. 

I think Fitz, if he were on say Chicago, would have a pretty good chance at a Superbowl.  His defense is a sieve.  Which is why he is a good spot fantasy play this year. 

Also of note, hasn't he always been in the Patriots division? Just saying. 

Edited by Hairy Snowman

1 minute ago, Hairy Snowman said:

Dilfer won a Superbowl.  Fitz is 10x the QB Dilfer was.  I don't even know if Trent had a winning season before that year. 

I think Fitz, if he were on say Chicago, would have a pretty good chance at a Superbowl.  His defense is a sieve.  Which is why he is a good spot fantasy play this year. 

I don't think you've watch enough Fitz outside of these last three games (and he was putrid in the first half last week).

He's not a "smart" QB at all (footballwise, he did go to Harvard). He makes some of the dumbest throws you will ever see. He has a weak arm and he's reckless with the ball throwing it and carrying it.

Don't get me wrong he has some good qualities also in the he gives everything he has and will risk injury to get a first down, he trusts his WRs to fight for the ball and will throw into tight windows and he's very accurate and mobile.

So if he was on the 2001 Ravens he could win a Super Bowl? Well that's not saying anything really and while he may be better than Dilfer (debatable), Dilfer was one thing Fitz is not - careful with the Football so he was a better fit for that Ravens team.

The Bears are much better off with Trubisky then they would be with Fitz. I won't take anything away from what he's done thus far, because it's been simply amazing - but the "magic" usually doesn't last too long. There's a reason he's been on 7 teams in 13 years.

• Like 1

I have him on my dynasty team in my most important league.  I paid 14% of my free agent salary cap to get him in a panic move after watching Stafford poop himself against the Jets. 

I wish I could short-sell him right now.  I think he is going to get pummeled on Sunday, probably turn the ball over 3-4 times, and come crashing back down to earth and to the bench.  I tried to get Jameis at a discount but his owner must feel the same way - wont really even entertain offers for him.  Don't really blame him.  With those weapons and his God-given talent, he could have a huge second half this year. 

He put up great fantasy numbers on Monday, but was careless, held the ball too long, and threw up some rainbows that just seemed to find the right spot - which was great but probably not sustainable.  I love the story, but I have a feeling it wont be a happy ending.  Khalil is a scary mofo, and I have a feeling he is going to wreak some serious havoc on the magic man's value going forward.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 6:36 AM, zftcg said:

Ahem.

Painful to watch when you have to be civil in front of your adolescent nephew. 

For the people saying he's playing out of his mind right now..... you're right. He likely will NEVER finish the #1 QB in FF like he is right now.

But some people are going a little too overboard imo. I don't think Fitz has ever had the weapons that he has right now in TB at any other time in his career. Not in NY when he finished QB#11. Not in BUF when he finished QB#12. We know that's AT LEAST his upside for a full season because he's actually done that before with worse weapons.

The reason that's meaningful is Winston has never finished higher than QB#11/QB#12 in a season. And before someone comes in and says,"Yeah, but if you give him credit for games he didn't play in 2017 he WOULD HAVE had.....". Yeah, that means nothing to me. I don't give him credit for the games he DIDN'T play in. But I also don't dole out blame for the days that he kicked his dog.... but he didn't really kick his dog on that day. I don't give him credit for the day he cured cancer... except that day he didn't cured cancer. I generally don't count things that don't happen whether they are positive or negative.

If Fitz regresses all they way down to the...... #5-#10 QB for the rest of the season it seems to me that it will be tough to bench him. And from his current blistering pace that would be quite a regression. Keep in mind Winston is due $21mil in 2019 and obviously angling for a giant extension. After watching the fiasco with Bell play out maybe they'd be willing to deal him for multiple first rounders to a team that was drafting early in 2019? A lot of smart people are talking about the difficulty of becoming a SB contender once you have to make that big payment for your QB and he soaks up all that salary cap space. That honeymoon rookie contract Winston had is almost over and I'm not sure TB has been happy with 6.something wins/season since they drafted him. Add in the fact that he's the face of your franchise and still making middle-school decisions off the field. I'm sure among 32 team(many with aging QB's) some would be fine making that investment, and others would not. It just seems possible to me that TB may be in the "would not" group. This is especially true if Fitz led them to their first playoff appearance in a decade. Right now they are tied for the division lead, with tie-breakers vs both PHI/NO in their pocket.

BTW, I'm not saying they SHOULD go this route with Winston(but I do think that based on most news stories he seems like a d-bag off the field). I'm just saying that given the amount of money they are going to need to invest in keeping him in TB there are all sorts of scenarios that wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are starting to view Winston mostly as a trade-able asset that they don't want to get injured before the end of this season. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BoltBacker said:

For the people saying he's playing out of his mind right now..... you're right. He likely will NEVER finish the #1 QB in FF like he is right now.

But some people are going a little too overboard imo. I don't think Fitz has ever had the weapons that he has right now in TB at any other time in his career. Not in NY when he finished QB#11. Not in BUF when he finished QB#12. We know that's AT LEAST his upside for a full season because he's actually done that before with worse weapons.

The reason that's meaningful is Winston has never finished higher than QB#11/QB#12 in a season. And before someone comes in and says,"Yeah, but if you give him credit for games he didn't play in 2017 he WOULD HAVE had.....". Yeah, that means nothing to me. I don't give him credit for the games he DIDN'T play in. But I also don't dole out blame for the days that he kicked his dog.... but he didn't really kick his dog on that day. I don't give him credit for the day he cured cancer... except that day he didn't cured cancer. I generally don't count things that don't happen whether they are positive or negative.

If Fitz regresses all they way down to the...... #5-#10 QB for the rest of the season it seems to me that it will be tough to bench him. And from his current blistering pace that would be quite a regression. Keep in mind Winston is due $21mil in 2019 and obviously angling for a giant extension. After watching the fiasco with Bell play out maybe they'd be willing to deal him for multiple first rounders to a team that was drafting early in 2019? A lot of smart people are talking about the difficulty of becoming a SB contender once you have to make that big payment for your QB and he soaks up all that salary cap space. That honeymoon rookie contract Winston had is almost over and I'm not sure TB has been happy with 6.something wins/season since they drafted him. Add in the fact that he's the face of your franchise and still making middle-school decisions off the field. I'm sure among 32 team(many with aging QB's) some would be fine making that investment, and others would not. It just seems possible to me that TB may be in the "would not" group. This is especially true if Fitz led them to their first playoff appearance in a decade. Right now they are tied for the division lead, with tie-breakers vs both PHI/NO in their pocket.

BTW, I'm not saying they SHOULD go this route with Winston(but I do think that based on most news stories he seems like a d-bag off the field). I'm just saying that given the amount of money they are going to need to invest in keeping him in TB there are all sorts of scenarios that wouldn't surprise me in the least if they are starting to view Winston mostly as a trade-able asset that they don't want to get injured before the end of this season. 

Piece in the TB Times the other day made a similar argument as far as trading Winston:

https://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/2018/09/28/the-big-lead-if-bucs-want-to-be-the-chiefs-they-should-trade-jameis-winston-now/

The thing is even if that would be the right move long term, trading the guy you’ve been billing as your franchise quarterback in development for years, to the tune of 20 million next year like you said, isn’t a move NFL teams make.

Theyd basically be saying all the thousands of hours they put in building this team around Winston were a mistake.  Team management would be criticizing themselves and their ability to do their job well.  Not something people typically do.

They don’t have a fraction of that energy invested in Fitz as an institution.  So it’s easy come easy go, and that’s why he’s almost certainly going to be sat for Winston at some point.

• Like 1

We've seen this story before.

It's highly unlikely Fitz is hitting is stride as a player. He's hot right now & is taking advantage of it.

Don't confuse that with long-term ability.

No one expected Fitz to start this hot and play at this level.

No one.

So while I, with all of you, expect Fitz to regress, I'm not pretending I understand the 2018 NFL. 

And I'll also say that I expect Fitz to regress against Chicago but I  won't take that as a sign he's regressed for the season. He struggles with pressure in his face (like the Steelers brought) and Chicago will roast a bad Bucs OL. But against teams with less effective pass rushes, he might stay on this pace. 

1 minute ago, Grahamburn said:

Winston isn’t going anywhere.  Stop. 

Agreed.

I can't believe there's so much talk of sticking with Fitz & moving Winston.

Really surprising to me.

Dirk Koetter, in front of the entire team, said he was one or two plays from benching Fitzpatrick for Ryan Griffin last game.  First, why would you even do that?  Of all the ways to take the wind out of the team - he was the NFC Offensive Player of the Week two weeks out of three.  Those WRs ate with him in the game.  

I would not count on Fitzpatrick against the Bears.  I think he is in an uphill battle to not be benched.  

But more than that, what kind of message did Dirk Koetter just send to the team? 

Do they come out fighting for Fitz or does this tell the team it isn't a meritocracy inside the locker room, but a business in the locker room too? 

Thoughts? 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000967509/article/koetter-discussed-replacing-ryan-fitzpatrick-in-team-meeting

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hairy Snowman said:

Dirk Koetter, in front of the entire team, said he was one or two plays from benching Fitzpatrick for Ryan Griffin last game.  First, why would you even do that?  Of all the ways to take the wind out of the team - he was the NFC Offensive Player of the Week two weeks out of three.  Those WRs ate with him in the game.  

I would not count on Fitzpatrick against the Bears.  I think he is in an uphill battle to not be benched.  

But more than that, what kind of message did Dirk Koetter just send to the team? 

Do they come out fighting for Fitz or does this tell the team it isn't a meritocracy inside the locker room, but a business in the locker room too? 

Thoughts? 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000967509/article/koetter-discussed-replacing-ryan-fitzpatrick-in-team-meeting

I saw the exact same thing just now and it really spooked me.  What is Koetter doing?  Mentally preparing his team for a possible mid-game switch of QBs this week?  Fitz is up against a very good D this week that will create a lot of pressure early in plays, and Fitz has been making his incredible start by scorching the D on big throws downfield.  If he has to throw earlier than he wants, or starts taking a lot of hurries/sacks, he may throw some early picks too.  That is not Fitz’s game by any stretch.

I’m now totally secong guessing myself and thinking of going with Mayfield in OAK.  Not as much upside clearly, but the risk is a couple orders of magnitude lower.

Edited by Bronco Billy

1 minute ago, Bronco Billy said:

I saw the exact same thing just now and it spooked me.  Fitz is up against a very good D this week that will create a lot of pressure early in plays, and Fitz has been making his incredible start by scorching the D on big throws downfield.  If he has the throw earlier than he wants, or starts taking a lot of hurries/sacks, he may throw some early picks too.

I’m now totally secong guessing myself and thinking of going with Mayfield in OAK.  Not as much upside clearly, but the risk is a couple of magnitudes lower.

Fitz throws tear drops.  This is so hard to predict because his ball is usually released so early.  Evans can muscle catches (IMO) against the Bears DBs.  And DJack can outrun the 2nd DBs.  It all depends on when Fitz releases the pass and whether the WRs can make him look good.  The other side is that Fitz can be schemed away.  The Bears aren't going to have to rush more than 4 people (generally) (unless the Bucs can establish a rush).  So they can mix various zones into the coverages. I don't know if he has ever faced a rush like this.  Maybe Baltimore a few years ago.  The pass rush is world class.  I think Evans probably produces, but I don't see how Fitz makes it out without significant magic. 

If he has another first half like he did on Monday, he likely wont see the second half.  Thats why for me, he is nearly unstartable this week (assuming any reasonable option is available).  I have Stafford in over him because barring injury, he will definitely get to play 4 quarters.

• Like 2

Damn guys I just came in here. I thought he might actually do well this week. Man, I don't want to play Wilson. He's been underwhelming and I'm going against a team with a lot of firepower this week....

crap. Tannehill on the wire. Man I'm spooked now....

Edited by Kwai Chang Caine

3 minutes ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Damn guys I just came in here. I thought he might actually do well this week. Man, I don't want to play Wilson. He's been underwhelming and I'm going against a team with a lot of firepower this week....

crap. Tannehill on the wire. Man I'm spooked now....

I would play Wilson against Arizona. He gets back Baldwin today.  I probably pick up Tannehill anyways for later.  You should prep to be dropping Fitz.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hairy Snowman said:

Thoughts? 

Koetter’s one or two seasons from being an unemployed football coach so maybe the stress is getting to him.

But seriously, to me that’s less a reflection Fitz was about to get benched than it is that Koetter has no idea how to handle this situation as a leader of his team, not announcing any starting QB to the media this week showed similar weakness.

Two starting level QBs active on the roster, both of whom the players believe in, is a situation that needs strong leadership from the coach to navigate.  Lots of ways to compensate for not being up to that task, one popular one is to say something tough sounding in a team meeting (ever had a boss like that?  I’ve had multiple)

Guarantee the way Koetter handles this QB situation only gets more awkward from here...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hairy Snowman said:

I would play Wilson against Arizona. He gets back Baldwin today.  I probably pick up Tannehill anyways for later.  You should prep to be dropping Fitz.

Thanks man. I did. I picked up Winston. Only a matter of time.

• Like 1

Awesome reading all the major outlets “reporting” this by just cut and pasting the quote without asking why an NFL coach who says he was one or two plays from replacing his QB never warmed the backup QB up.

This is why nobody respects sports journalism as a field.

Edited by jtp1982
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jtp1982 said:

Awesome reading all the major outlets “reporting” this by just cut and pasting the quote without asking why an NFL coach who says he was one or two plays from replacing his QB never warmed the backup QB up.

This is why nobody respects sports journalism as a field.

George Plimpton is/was on line one with a bone to pick. So was Shirley Povich.  

• Like 1

I’m starting Fitz anyway. Risk level up slightly just because Koetter apparently has the leadership skills of a bad substitute teacher.

I will pick up Winston before the bye now, was gonna wait until after.

• Like 2

This is a shout out to those that blew their blind bidding wad on Fitz.  Did you honestly think he would be the starter for the entire season?

Just now, JohnnyU said:

This is a shout out to those that blew their blind bidding wad on Fitz.  Did you honestly think he would be the starter for the entire season?

I keep saying Selection one, Round one. No way.  

3 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Pretty sure that was like two people and they aren’t on this board because they’re 12.

• Like 2

Yuck. Figured I didn't need to worry for at least this week and was going to pick up Bortles or Tannehill for next week. Wouldn't start Bortles this week but Tannehill in NE is intriguing and now compelling if Fitz could potentially be benched mid-game.

6 hours ago, Football Jones said:

We've seen this story before.

Which part?

The "Winston has learned his lesson this time and there's no way he puts himself in a position again to cost himself a big payday"?

And do you mean the time he was stealing seafood?

Or being accused of rape?

Or the latest sexual misconduct(that is already costing him game checks)?

Seems to me he doesn't act like the normal rules of civility apply to him. I wonder what happens when you give that guy $20+mil/yr in a long term contract? I'm sure he'll straighten right out and fly right.

Is the FOURTH accusation of sexual misconduct when you start to worry this may not be the guy you want as the face of the franchise? The sixth? The tenth? I'm just curious. I'm an "innocent until proven" guy, but each accusation isn't just bad unto itself... it makes earlier accusations more believable to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

To what end?

1 minute ago, JohnnyU said:

Perhaps Fitz's end?

Okay.  Please allow me to be clearer.  Is there a reason why you feel the need to call those people out?

Edited by Bronco Billy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hairy Snowman said:

Koetter is trying to act like an old-school hardass coach who motivates through fear. But that crap doesn't work when you're Dirk Freaking Koetter.

These players are professionals. They all know that the bench is just one or two bad plays away. You don't need to spell it out to them.

• Like 2

Rumor is Fitz was almost benched last week, without Winston being active. I give him a 50/50 shot to make it to halftime. 

Edited by Elevencents

3 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Okay.  Please allow me to be clearer.  Is there a reason why you feel the need to call those people out?

Not a "call out", but a "shout out" to those who thought it necessary to spend most of the BB bucks on Fitz thinking he would be the starter for the entire year.  Reason being to think about such things in the future. 

10 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Not a "call out", but a "shout out" to those who thought it necessary to spend most of the BB bucks on Fitz thinking he would be the starter for the entire year.  Reason being to think about such things in the future. 

Ah.  So you are administering a lesson.  Don’t you feel it might be more beneficial to your intended learners if you had done so prior to their action?  That doesn’t seem to be the case, though.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

Koetter is trying to act like an old-school hardass coach who motivates through fear. But that crap doesn't work when you're Dirk Freaking Koetter.

These players are professionals. They all know that the bench is just one or two bad plays away. You don't need to spell it out to them.

That and Fitzpatrick is respected in that locker room.  You don’t disrespect him in front of his peers like that without losing some credibility. Not a good look for Koetter in front of his team.  Maybe that’s why it got leaked by somebody that was in the room...

Plus it’s bad coaching.  TB players want the focus to be on their success, their hot start (great Winston quote on this this week, Koetter should take notes).  Now all game focus wont be on their success it will be precisely where they don’t want it, the QB situation.

Great coaches say vague/untruthful things all the time (I.e. Belichek) But it’s for the benefit of the team.  Koetter wasn’t two plays from benching Fitz, never warmed the backup up.  Why lie in a way that hurts the team and your credibility with the team?  What a tool.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jtp1982 said:

That and Fitzpatrick is respected in that locker room.  You don’t disrespect him in front of his peers like that without losing some credibility. Not a good look for Koetter in front of his team.  Maybe that’s why it got leaked by somebody that was in the room...

Plus it’s bad coaching.  TB players want the focus to be on their success, their hot start (great Winston quote on this this week, Koetter should take notes).  Now all game focus wont be on their success it will be precisely where they don’t want it, the QB situation.

Great coaches say vague/untruthful things all the time (I.e. Belichek) But it’s for the benefit of the team.  Koetter wasn’t two plays from benching Fitz, never warmed the backup up.  Why lie in a way that hurts the team and your credibility with the team?  What a tool.

There was no reason to call him out in front of the team. 

Koetter could easily have sidestepped the entire issue with "I will go with who ever gives us the best chance to win. We like all of our QBs" line (like every other NFL coach).  No one needed to know what he was thinking (except MAYBE Fitzpatrick)   

• Like 1

Griffin inactive today.  That eliminates any option other than Winston if Fitz gives Koetter an excuse to change QBs.  This is all on Fitz and getting the ball out more quickly with some kind of accuracy.

Well, he’s gotten me this far.  He’s going to have to fail before I put him on my bench.  I learned my lesson week 2 by doubting him.  The Bears DBs are beatable.

Edited by Bronco Billy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Griffin inactive today.  That eliminates any option other than Winston if Fitz gives Koetter an excuse to change QBs.  This is all on Fitz and getting the ball out more quickly with some kind of accuracy.

Well, he’s gotten me this far.  He’s going to have to fail before I put him on my bench.  I learned my lesson week 2 by doubting him.  The Bears DBs are beatable.

I'm with you. Have considered picking up Tannehill and may regret not doing so but sticking with Fitz for one more week. If he put up something in the ballpark of 325/2/2 I wouldn't be too upset.

4 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Well, he’s gotten me this far.  He’s going to have to fail before I put him on my bench.  I learned my lesson week 2 by doubting him.

Yeah I only have him and Wilson. My opponent has a lot of firepower. I'm not feeling Wilson having a big game at Zona....

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

I'm with you. Have considered picking up Tannehill and may regret not doing so but sticking with Fitz for one more week. If he put up something in the ballpark of 325/2/2 I wouldn't be too upset.

If he lasts all game, his numbers ought to be very solid.  TB’s run game is pretty much dead as a doornail.  The risk is how short his leash is and can he do enough early on to keep Koetter from pulling him.  Given his performance in TB to date, I’m just not going to sit him again until he forces me to.

• Like 2