What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (3 Viewers)

Who was the guest in the sketch that got so much applause at the end when he came on? Was a late sketch with jagged.

Mick was funny and surprisingly good at the acting they asked him to do.

I thought the Sharpton skit was pretty funny. Don't like Keenan too often, but that worked for me.

Does anyone ever stay longer than 7 years?
Feel like I read recentlly, and maybe even in this thread, that signing up to do snl is a six year commitment and Lorne gets a piece of your movie career in that time. Hammond and meadows were the smartest guys around. They knew where their bread was buttered. Of recent vintage only fey, Ferrell and pohler have been successful out of snl. You could argue Fallon but I think the jury is still out. I could easily be forgetting others but like I said, top of the head. You also had rock and sander 20 years ago, but they succeeded almost inspiite of snl but their profile was undeniably raised. Bridesmaids was lightening in a bottle, and I wish her success but I wonder if she thinks last night might have been the top of the mountain. Shell have other opportunities and you HAVE to leave when the irons hot I guess, but maybe snl was the best venue for her abilities and she knows it

Not that I've watched SNL since the early days of Sandler and Farley, but from what I've seen, I haven't cared for Wiig on SNL. I have liked her in all the films I've seen her in though, and definitely liked the writing and her acting in Bridesmaids. I'm sure she'll do fine. She's friends with the right people and has the chops to stay active.

I see Wiig in a high profile sitcom in the next few years, maybe after a couple cinematic flops

Forgot to DVR last night and it's STILL not up on teh torrents

Feel like I read recentlly, and maybe even in this thread, that signing up to do snl is a six year commitment and Lorne gets a piece of your movie career in that time. Hammond and meadows were the smartest guys around. They knew where their bread was buttered. Of recent vintage only fey, Ferrell and pohler have been successful out of snl. You could argue Fallon but I think the jury is still out. I could easily be forgetting others but like I said, top of the head. You also had rock and sander 20 years ago, but they succeeded almost inspiite of snl but their profile was undeniably raised. Bridesmaids was lightening in a bottle, and I wish her success but I wonder if she thinks last night might have been the top of the mountain. Shell have other opportunities and you HAVE to leave when the irons hot I guess, but maybe snl was the best venue for her abilities and she knows it
Regardless of how funny or unfunny you think Fallon is, he's undoubtedly successful at this point, easily moreso than Pohler and arguably moreso than Tina Fey as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I"m drunk and was very close to chuckling so far...so far, the karaoke skit was decent. New digital short fell short.Will never get the Wiig love...range? She played the same uncomfortable character in every skit...just give her different clothes or tell her to change her accent...still same crap. She's awkward...it's unsettling...ha ha...whatever. It was funny...once. But not every damn character she does.
:shrug: Different strokes, I guess. Thought she was hilarious and was easily one of my favorite cast members ever. For some reason she's one of those that could read the phone book and make it sound funny. For example, for whatever reason one of the dumbest things, yet killed me every time was when she did 'Triangle Sally'. I'm usually pretty hard to please with the funny too. Weird about the HUGE difference of opinion on her out there. You're not alone, but I think anyone I've ever talked about her to on SNL in real life has thought she was hilarious.

Regardless of how funny or unfunny you think Fallon is, he's undoubtedly successful at this point, easily moreso than Pohler and arguably moreso than Tina Fey as well.
How are you defining success? Celebrity Profile? Artistic achievement? Critical appeal? Money? I actually LIKE Fallon and think he's done reasonably well, but it's not like he has a top talk show. He's probably 5th or 6th ratings but maybe I'm wrong. It's just that late night is a pretty irrelevant show as compares to years ago. Fey is unquestionably more successful. She's had hit movies and a critically acclaImed, well rated network prime time show. As a show creator, she's got major bank. Pohler is like fey light. Critically loved but lesser rated but she's a creative force on a show that will reach syndication and has done well in the DVD-streaming aftermarket. Again, primetime has a lot more eyeballs than 12:30 on the 4th rated network.

I think Jimmy Fallon's about as funny as nut cancer but you're on crazy pills if you think he's unsuccessful. That's Smack Tripper though.

Guy has his own ice cream!

I think Jimmy Fallon's about as funny as nut cancer but you're on crazy pills if you think he's unsuccessful. That's Smack Tripper though.Guy has his own ice cream!
He's failed in film and he has the 7th most relevant daily comedy talk show. That's where he is. That said, he's got the right sort of demos to show growth, so I'm not writing him off. But I'd guarantee you Fallon is neither where he thinks he should be of will be, not would he te his current place a success. About the best thing you can say is he's doing better than Conan obrien as of today

Kenan Thompson and Fred Armison are 2 of the most annoying and unfunny people Ive ever seen on the show.

I think Jimmy Fallon's about as funny as nut cancer but you're on crazy pills if you think he's unsuccessful. That's Smack Tripper though.Guy has his own ice cream!
He's failed in film and he has the 7th most relevant daily comedy talk show. That's where he is. That said, he's got the right sort of demos to show growth, so I'm not writing him off. But I'd guarantee you Fallon is neither where he thinks he should be of will be, not would he te his current place a success. About the best thing you can say is he's doing better than Conan obrien as of today
Agree to disagree, most people aren't as successful as they think they should be, personally I think he has overachieved tremendously.

Easily the best episode of the season.
Without question. I only fast-forwarded through two segments, which is a good gauge of how good the show was.I couldn't take the "California" skit, and I always FF through the gay NYC dude who visits Seth Myers on Weekend Update.

With Sudekis leaving, SNL lost its funniest character....red jumpsuit dancing man from the talk show skit.

This season will go down as one of the worst of the past 15-20 years, and that is saying something. The cast had some talent in Sudekis, Wiig, Samberg, Hader, Armisen, et all, but the writing was abominable. Not one truly memorable sketch.

They need to clean house of this writing staff. It will be a very different cast next year anyway if Sudekis, Wiig and Samberg are indeed leaving.

I may have outgrown SNL? I only tune in if Timberlake, or Betty White is doing the show. I guess I missed the funny skits/shows this year. Good Luck, SNL.

Awesome, Jeff Beck's hottie bassist even showed up

I don't know how to feel about Stefon shtick anymore. They say he doesn't know what he's going to have to say until he's out there. I'm not buying it. Not that funny anyway, anymore.

For his last show, Jason Sudeikis was invisible until the goodbyes

I don't know how to feel about Stefon shtick anymore. They say he doesn't know what he's going to have to say until he's out there. I'm not buying it. Not that funny anyway, anymore.
I'm with you. Diminishing returns over the last few; this one was borderline painful (I miss DJ Baby Bok Choi)
For his last show, Jason Sudeikis was invisible until the goodbyes
Sockeye Salmon guy down?Is it official that he's gone? Why would they have Mick Jagger serenade Wiig and do nothing for Sudeikis (or Samberg) :confused:

Why would they have Mick Jagger serenade Wiig and do nothing for Sudeikis (or Samberg) :confused:
Because there's people who think Wiig is the greatest female the show has ever seen, which I disagree with. I'm curious to see them do some shows without having to include Wiig's character(singular) into multiple skits. I'm not expecting much but at least there will be some variety and maybe some new memorable characters. Best episode of the season last night.

I had never heard this either so I just tried to confirm via the google. Hader said on Letterman that the writer sometimes makes changes at the last minute but it doesn't sound like he's going in completely cold.

'Jayrok said:
If Jason Sudeikis is leaving the show with Wiig, the last scene seemed strange. He went to the back and appeared to be upset throughout Wiig's send-off. I wonder if he was upset that they didn't do anything for him and Samberg. Maybe it's not like that, but it seemed odd.
Was he pissed or sad... :lol:

I had never heard this either so I just tried to confirm via the google. Hader said on Letterman that the writer sometimes makes changes at the last minute but it doesn't sound like he's going in completely cold.
Yeah, I remember him talking about it on the B.S. Report, too. He's involved in the writing and editing process, but the main writer will throw a change at him as he goes in or will change something on the cue cards without telling him.

Talks about Stefon starting at about the 0:33 mark.

The dude who writes them was on one of those shows, he's a comic too, John something, I guess he was probably embellishing a little moreEither way, it's not funny anymore

I had a few friends at the show and the wrap party. Apparently, the Foo Fighters played what essentially amounted to a karaoke set for a couple hours.

'Wingnut said:
'JZilla said:
'kupcho1 said:
Sockeye Salmon guy down?
Looks like the download I found cut out big chunks of the episode. <_< I missed the Stephen A Smith part of weekend update too.. it ended after Stefon and I didn't even notice
I DVR'd the episode and Weekend Update DID end after Stefon....WTF
I watched it live. It ended after Stefon (as it usually does when that bit plays).

'Ministry of Pain said:
I see Wiig in a high profile sitcom in the next few years, maybe after a couple cinematic flopsForgot to DVR last night and it's STILL not up on teh torrents
Wiig will get her opp to pitch the NBC Network, same as Fey and Amy did.
Bridesmaids hinted to me that Wiig wants to do auteur "women"'s pictures - not as they hope to be, as in most distaff media, not harshed as Fey does it, but with a very cold comic eye. I hope she gets that chance, win or lose, cuz the subject needs a talent like hers.

Will never get the Wiig love...range? She played the same uncomfortable character in every skit...just give her different clothes or tell her to change her accent...still same crap. She's awkward...it's unsettling...ha ha...whatever. It was funny...once. But not every damn character she does.
:goodposting: Couldn't agree more.

Will never get the Wiig love...range? She played the same uncomfortable character in every skit...just give her different clothes or tell her to change her accent...still same crap. She's awkward...it's unsettling...ha ha...whatever. It was funny...once. But not every damn character she does.
:goodposting: Couldn't agree more.
SNL sucks and has for years. Her range is on display in films and if you haven't seen it yet, you will soon.

Users who are viewing this thread