What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (5 Viewers)

Eli Manning is the host for tonight.His brother had that SNL Short where he yelled at all the kids--that was pretty funny.
His locker room dancing skit was hilarious.

It really doesn't say much about this cast when Eli is the funny one of this show. I mean really a German or Swedish version of "Cheslea Lately show" :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
That first Rihanna song was terrible, but very cooter-centric.
And she was lip syncing (poorly).I just don't get it with her. I get that appeal of songs that are 'dirty, sexy, should be on at the strip club.' But all of them being that way?
the most regrettably-handled genuine talent since CAguilera. hippop is as lame a genre as anything the mid-70s had to offer. Occupy Sunset!on an SNL note, it's really a shame this cast is breaking up just when they'd finally relaxed enough to offer some consistency in conception/performance. if the jurgenblurgen Handler sketch - one of the most unfortunate first-features for a new cast member i've seen - is any indication, i'm not looking fwd to season 37. Lorne is by now too fartly to get some angry comedy in there, but someone should bypass to make that happen. glib, happy comedy is as limiting as hippop. were i young, i'd find this a fine time to be pissed.

And she was lip syncing (poorly).I just don't get it with her. I get that appeal of songs that are 'dirty, sexy, should be on at the strip club.' But all of them being that way?
the most regrettably-handled genuine talent since CAguilera. hippop is as lame a genre as anything the mid-70s had to offer. Occupy Sunset!on an SNL note, it's really a shame this cast is breaking up just when they'd finally relaxed enough to offer some consistency in conception/performance. if the jurgenblurgen Handler sketch - one of the most unfortunate first-features for a new cast member i've seen - is any indication, i'm not looking fwd to season 37. Lorne is by now too fartly to get some angry comedy in there, but someone should bypass to make that happen. glib, happy comedy is as limiting as hippop. were i young, i'd find this a fine time to be pissed.
if you were young, you'd be out on a Saturday night

if you were young, you'd be out on a Saturday night
tru, but i believe ive watched most every SNL within 24 hrs of its broadcast pretty much since the beginning, even though ive crammed about five people's action into the Saturday nights of my life. it's my church.

If you were young, you'd feel too entitled to be glib.eta: lol- I saw "pissed", thought I was writing "pissed" and ended up with glib.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you were young, you'd feel too entitled to be glib.eta: lol- I saw "pissed", thought I was writing "pissed" and ended up with glib.
wrong thread for it, but a great subject. the worst sign that media is winning is that IT isnt being rebelled against as a reason for our gigantic lull. i see plenty of temper & cub violence, but very little genuine righteous indignation in a time rife for it and i believe connectivity (as well as my gen's feckless, indulgent child-rearing methods) has a great deal to do with that.

How does any self-respecting artist do this? What is this, 1975?
It didn't look to me like she was lip syncing. Heavy reverb/delay might make it look like she was but I'm not sure.

How does any self-respecting artist do this? What is this, 1975?
It didn't look to me like she was lip syncing. Heavy reverb/delay might make it look like she was but I'm not sure.
Not to mention "self-respecting" is probably one of the last adjectives I'd use to describe Rihanna.

Will Ferrell hosts tonight with Usher as the musical guest. If this episode bombs, just put the show out of its misery.

I really liked the opener, the Will Ferrell/Ana Gasteyer singing (a skit that I never really liked in the past), and the digital short. Weekend Update was ok. The rest was pretty bad, IMO.

Mick Jagger has managed to stay both incredibly famous and beloved for half a century. Considering the modern era’s notoriously short attention span, that’s no small feat. But despite Jagger’s celebrity magnetism, SNL viewers might find their minds wandering when he hosts tonight’s season finale. Instead of focusing on Jagger, we’ll be focusing on Kristen Wiig, Jason Sudeikis, and Andy Samberg — three veterans who might be leaving the show once Season 37 ends. And if any of them goes, SNL as we know it will change significantly.Cast members depart at the end of every season — but these three have particularly strong legacies. Or, at least, two of them do. Samberg’s Digital Shorts — created with the help of his Lonely Island cohorts Jorma Taccone and Akiva Schaffer — kept SNL relevant in the digital age and drove the show to start posting its own sketches online. For years, it seemed like Kristen Wiig single-handedly played all of Saturday Night Live‘s female speaking roles — and though cast mates like Vanessa Bayer and Abby Elliott have started picking up her slack, she’s still SNL‘s MVP. Sudeikis hasn’t had as much of an impact as Samberg or Wiig, but he’s always been a solid supporting player; nobody plays a handsome, likeable goof quite like he does.Even so, I hope the writers don’t use these potential exits to justify bringing back tired old characters — especially Wiig’s one-upper Penelope, or any of the old-fashioned broads she plays in various recurring sketches. I’d rather watch these guys go out on a high note than be subjected to another installment of “Secret Word” or “Laser Cats.” I do, however, have my fingers crossed for one last glimpse of Bill Hader’s Stefon on Weekend Update, as well as few surprising celebrity cameos. (Jimmy Fallon showing up to do his Mick Jagger impression is basically inevitable. Tonight’s show should also be the season’s most tuneful episode: Arcade Fire and the Foo Fighters will be joining Jagger when he doubles as SNL‘s musical guest. It’s a fittingly big end to a year that’s featured its share of headline-grabbing musicians.

especially Wiig's one-upper Penelope, or any of the old-fashioned broads she plays in various recurring sketches.
Always cracks me up.Maybe you have to be of a certain age, but that character was ubiquitous on game shows in the late 70's.

George Gobel, Nipsey Russell, Paul Lynde, Charles Nelson Reilly.

Where does Wiig rank on the all-time SNL cast list?

I think she is Top Ten.

She has a lot of range, a lot of charisma. She carried the show through bad writing and awful guests.

I"m drunk and was very close to chuckling so far...so far, the karaoke skit was decent. New digital short fell short.

Will never get the Wiig love...range? She played the same uncomfortable character in every skit...just give her different clothes or tell her to change her accent...still same crap. She's awkward...it's unsettling...ha ha...whatever. It was funny...once. But not every damn character she does.

Mick and Arcade Fire on stage now...wow...that's pretty freakin' awesome. This may be the last time...

Users who are viewing this thread