What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (3 Viewers)

I'm a big Kevin Hart fan. His part in the 40 year Virgin was amazing. I may have to actually watch Saturday Night Live for the first time in a long, long time.

Blond dude rapping in the red suit and sandals needs to get whacked across the face with a shovel. Sucks watching this show live, have to mute and wait instead of FF.

A song being really popular has zero correlation to it being any good or being remembered in 5 years. Most of popular music is a giant morass of crap.

A song being really popular has zero correlation to it being any good or being remembered in 5 years. Most of popular music is a giant morass of crap.
It can't be enjoyable unless its supposed to be a long term classic? It's a funny song. It is entertaining to me. What's the harm? Is every week supposed to be Radiohead or Paul McCartney?

It can't be enjoyable unless its supposed to be a long term classic? It's a funny song. It is entertaining to me. What's the harm? Is every week supposed to be Radiohead or Paul McCartney?
There's no accounting for taste. If you like that stuff, crank it up. :shrug:

This band has the worst front man ever. This song would actually be decent if it weren't for him.

This band has the worst front man ever. This song would actually be decent if it weren't for him.
Do you like rap? Seriously, check him out. He's very good. I agree it doesn't translate wonderfully on tv for a "fast" rapper guy on tv, particularly when he's dressed like an idiot. But he's good. If nothing else, the video for "and we danced" will make you laugh I think.

Abraham says they are supposed to be funny. I made the same mistake as you, thinking it was a serious act. When that Rebecca Black song came out, at first I didn't realize it was popular for being terrible. Sounded like any other auto-tune turd on the radio to me. :shrug:

Tough to take the Fauxnilla Ice guy seriously with the jacket/shoes combo he busted out tonight. I didn't hate the music and may give them another listen.

Last edited by a moderator:
The B&N bit was almost exactly like the McDonald's one. I don't get it.
That's the joke.
Explain it to me.
It's not the setting, it's the characters.In the next skit they will be at the Gap, or Chili's or Dave & Buster's.
I actually really like this skit. Would hope its a recurring thing as Moynihan and Cecily have a good thing going with these characters

I fell asleep watching SNL last night. Is this really how bad it's become? I thought it was filmed in front of a live studio audience but almost all of the laughs were laugh tracked in which got really old. I was envisioning a bunch of people sitting in the live audience last night asking themselves, "Is this all they have?"

I fell asleep watching SNL last night. Is this really how bad it's become? I thought it was filmed in front of a live studio audience but almost all of the laughs were laugh tracked in which got really old. I was envisioning a bunch of people sitting in the live audience last night asking themselves, "Is this all they have?"
if you mean the filmed pieces, SNL has always fed the laughter of the live audience as they watched the films in the studio. i havent noticed any enhancement - anyone else?

Maybe there were more filmed pieces last night then I was used to. I hardly heard any live laughing at all after the monologue (good) and the sketch where kevin hart nearly lost it.

Maybe there were more filmed pieces last night then I was used to. I hardly heard any live laughing at all after the monologue (good) and the sketch where kevin hart nearly lost it.
with the 2 new girls showing promise, i'd have cause for hope, but this is the worst season in SNL history & its down to writing or lack of same. structure, mostly - head writer Meyers's weakness can be seen in the wks Jim Downey takes off, because thats when Weekend Update is stacked to the gills with guest Moynihan characters & Seth's stock "stating the obvious at the end, louder & slower than the rest of the joke" shtick, and he sure isnt helping any other writers get in & out of premises more crisply, which has to be cuz he cant. there are too many emeritus writers (Downey, Higgins, Pell - who at least seems using what she learned with Fey to help the Newgirlz) & too many rookies deferring to absentee leaders - a pure sign that LMichaels is phoning it. and, with NBC in danger of falling behind Knifeshow & evangelist networks, there aint nobody gonna force the old master to even look up from his development contracts. if SNL turns around anytime soon, it will be by accident.

7) Jay Pharoah (or the writers) has to figure out something else with the Obama impression. It's technically sound, but it's not funny at all. Needs to figure out some personality quirk to make it funny, like Hammond with Clinton or Ferrell with Bush.
I think they are a bit confined with Obama because too much mockery might come off as racist. Also the show has always had a clear liberal slant, so they won't completely skewer him like they do with Republicans.
This is a killer because there is a ton of gold to be mined here. They've had no problem going after Democratic Presidents in the past (Carter, Clinton had very memorable send ups) but they've decided this guy is untouchable. :shrug:

7) Jay Pharoah (or the writers) has to figure out something else with the Obama impression. It's technically sound, but it's not funny at all. Needs to figure out some personality quirk to make it funny, like Hammond with Clinton or Ferrell with Bush.
I think they are a bit confined with Obama because too much mockery might come off as racist. Also the show has always had a clear liberal slant, so they won't completely skewer him like they do with Republicans.
This is a killer because there is a ton of gold to be mined here. They've had no problem going after Democratic Presidents in the past (Carter, Clinton had very memorable send ups) but they've decided this guy is untouchable. :shrug:
It has to be a race thing because Sudekis has nailed Biden.

Carter was a folksy idiot, Clinton banged fat chicks and Biden's a goof. Obama doesn't really have anything to goof on outside of his politics and smoking. He has the "uhhhhh" thing which they use, but there's not a whole lot there.

It has to be a race thing because Sudekis has nailed Biden.
i'd give eight bucks for the chance to write a "pardon me whlie i congratulate myself for the impeccably historic tone i can put to doing absolutely nothing & castigate my opponents for not doing nothing as well as me" speech to the lurching staccato of Pharoah's impression. the will to do one for themselves (and us) simply doesnt exist in that building.

Carter was a folksy idiot, Clinton banged fat chicks and Biden's a goof. Obama doesn't really have anything to goof on outside of his politics and smoking. He has the "uhhhhh" thing which they use, but there's not a whole lot there.
Oh, come on. Obama is easy. Everyone acts like he's Shaft when he's actually Urkel.

Users who are viewing this thread