What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Switch from Fanball to RTSports (1 Viewer)

RTSportsDude

Footballguy
Attention any Fanball users:

RealTime Fantasy Sports is offering to transfer your league to RTSports, plus give you the rest of this season and next season for free if you switch your league from Fanball to us. I know you were told that you have until the end of June, but it would we feel the sooner you can move your league(s) before they are lost, the better. We will help you move your league, its history, teams, rules, etc. to RTSports so that you can enjoy the rest of this season and next year without missing a thing. If you have any questions about this or our service in general feel free to contact us at 636-447-1170 or by e-mail at support@rtsports.com.

Thank you for your consideration and we hope to serve you in the future.

RealTime Fantasy Sports Inc.

A word of caution to anybody considering switching over to RTSPORTS...

Their Protected Free Agent system has a terrible flaw that has caused numerous problems in our League the last 2 years. That's the time period since we switched to RTSPORTS...

They have admitted to the problem, yet we have not been given any assurances that they will correct this problem...basically, if 2 or more teams try to pick up a player at the same time when that player becomes unprotected, the system does not always grant the player to the quickest Team, but it will also drop players from the Teams that were not awarded the Free Agen Player during the process. Leaving Teams with short invalid rosters until the League Commish returns them...

We will be looking for a different service provider next season...

From personal experience RTSports blind bid interface sucks.

FanBall and MFL have far superior interface designs. Sad as it sounds, even Antsports has a better blind bid interface.

Until that is resolved I can not ever recommend RTSports.

This does not appear to be going as planned

RTSportsDude, do you happen to sell t-shirts?

Last edited by a moderator:
A word of caution to anybody considering switching over to RTSPORTS...Their Protected Free Agent system has a terrible flaw that has caused numerous problems in our League the last 2 years. That's the time period since we switched to RTSPORTS...They have admitted to the problem, yet we have not been given any assurances that they will correct this problem...basically, if 2 or more teams try to pick up a player at the same time when that player becomes unprotected, the system does not always grant the player to the quickest Team, but it will also drop players from the Teams that were not awarded the Free Agen Player during the process. Leaving Teams with short invalid rosters until the League Commish returns them... We will be looking for a different service provider next season...
Agreed. Try MFL. They are much better.

A word of caution to anybody considering switching over to RTSPORTS...Their Protected Free Agent system has a terrible flaw that has caused numerous problems in our League the last 2 years. That's the time period since we switched to RTSPORTS...They have admitted to the problem, yet we have not been given any assurances that they will correct this problem...basically, if 2 or more teams try to pick up a player at the same time when that player becomes unprotected, the system does not always grant the player to the quickest Team, but it will also drop players from the Teams that were not awarded the Free Agen Player during the process. Leaving Teams with short invalid rosters until the League Commish returns them... We will be looking for a different service provider next season...
This is only for leagues that do not have a waiver wire system, but instead awards players based on a "race" on Tuesday morning; i.e. a first-come first-served basis. If two different players in the same league want the same players at the exact same time (within a tenth of a second) the system WILL give the players to the first one who requested them, but it will also drop the players from the team that did not get the players. We are aware of this issue and will fix it, but in the meantime it has happened twice out of the tens of thousands of instances during the season. I suggest using a waiver wire system anyway, since this is much more fair than giving NFL players to the team with the fastest internet access.

From personal experience RTSports blind bid interface sucks.FanBall and MFL have far superior interface designs. Sad as it sounds, even Antsports has a better blind bid interface.Until that is resolved I can not ever recommend RTSports.
Actually, we are planning on enhancing our waiver wire interface next year. And as far as interface designs are concerned, let's just say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. When was the last time you used RTSports for your leagues?

This is only for leagues that do not have a waiver wire system, but instead awards players based on a "race" on Tuesday morning; i.e. a first-come first-served basis. If two different players in the same league want the same players at the exact same time (within a tenth of a second) the system WILL give the players to the first one who requested them, but it will also drop the players from the team that did not get the players. We are aware of this issue and will fix it, but in the meantime it has happened twice out of the tens of thousands of instances during the season. I suggest using a waiver wire system anyway, since this is much more fair than giving NFL players to the team with the fastest internet access.
What is useful about RTSports is that in the rare event of any such instant of the same player being sought rigorously by the more than 1 Team at the exact same time when Free Agency Opens, is that IF a Teams player is dropped and the player is not awarded, the Commissioner always has access to resolve this issue and make this right. They can negate any fee assessed and put the player back on the Teams Roster and remove that player from being a Protected Free Agent. Furthermore, in my communication with RT, they have always been willing to listen to suggestions on issues with the site and are always considering ways to make it better throughout the season and update in each offseason. Their customer service has always been very thorough and easy to communicate with. I don't think that abandoning an opportunity with a fine service for a free league when Fanball is going under should be dismissed simply because of a rare occurrence, much less a rare occurrence that is being addressed by the company and will most likely not be an issue in the future.The blind bid interface on the site works excellent! We've run a Blind Bidding Waiver Wire in my league for years and never heard a single complaint about it. My Team Owners love the numerous options for how to bid for their players. RT's Waiver Wire, Live Draft, and multitude of options for the Commissioner to effectively and efficiently conduct their League is why I can ONLY recommend RealTime Fantasy Sports.

From personal experience RTSports blind bid interface sucks.FanBall and MFL have far superior interface designs. Sad as it sounds, even Antsports has a better blind bid interface.Until that is resolved I can not ever recommend RTSports.
Are you serious? I can't speak to the MFL waiver wire design in particular but the Fanball setup is atrocious, not sad to see it go. Have been doing some looking around and the RTSports deal seems pretty good and I like the uniformity of the site. Personally I don't like the whole MFL "create your own completely ugly site idea".

Your credibility took a hit by saying something positive about the mess that is Antsports. Seriously though, when people are looking at where they should move their fanball leagues to, it is the entire package that should sell them. Not one guy's opinion of a better color scheme down in one page of the site or another guy trying to point out some obscure flaw that would never happen to anyone else. I have always maintained that RTSports and MFL give you very similar value for your money, and certainly much more value than Yahoo, CBS, or ESPN. I base that on the entire package; better customer service, better features, most accurate and timely stats, etc. Digging down to the next level, I put RTSports above MFL because it has the best customer service in the industry and I have found the average Joe in my leagues prefers the consistent and clean design of RTSports over whatever customizations and tailoring people try to do to our MFL leagues to make them cool.

What is useful about RTSports is that in the rare event of any such instant of the same player being sought rigorously by the more than 1 Team at the exact same time when Free Agency Opens, is that IF a Teams player is dropped and the player is not awarded, the Commissioner always has access to resolve this issue and make this right. They can negate any fee assessed and put the player back on the Teams Roster and remove that player from being a Protected Free Agent. Furthermore, in my communication with RT, they have always been willing to listen to suggestions on issues with the site and are always considering ways to make it better throughout the season and update in each offseason. Their customer service has always been very thorough and easy to communicate with. I don't think that abandoning an opportunity with a fine service for a free league when Fanball is going under should be dismissed simply because of a rare occurrence, much less a rare occurrence that is being addressed by the company and will most likely not be an issue in the future.The blind bid interface on the site works excellent! We've run a Blind Bidding Waiver Wire in my league for years and never heard a single complaint about it. My Team Owners love the numerous options for how to bid for their players. RT's Waiver Wire, Live Draft, and multitude of options for the Commissioner to effectively and efficiently conduct their League is why I can ONLY recommend RealTime Fantasy Sports.
These are not rare occurrences, in our League these were commonplace ocurrences during the last 2 years, creating a lot of bickering, friction and displeasure out of the frustration that we never knew what was going to happen next.The system did not always award the player to the first one who requested it...all one had to do was go to Team, Capsules, Transactions, to see that there were multiple instances where players were awarded to a Team that was 20 seconds slower...We also use blind bidding, and on Wk 17, the bidding took place unexpectedly at 9:43 AM instead of the usual Noon time...leaving 1 Team playing for the Championship out of the process because it had not entered it's bids by 9:43 AM...Last but not least, I do not own or run any type of Fantasy Footbal Services, nor do I personally know anyone who does...the point is that RTSPORTS has certain issues that need to be addressed, and since they seem to be aware of these issues, my suggestion is...the sooner, the better.....

Personally I don't like the whole MFL "create your own completely ugly site idea".
:rolleyes: As a web developer I can attest that there is some unexplainable phenomenon where if a person is allowed to customize a web design they will make it look like complete garbage 99% of the time while thinking it looks good.Anyway, I've used RTS for many years, and when we switched to it from MFL many years ago I considered it an upgrade. Maybe things are different now, but I have yet to hear anyone in my two RTS leagues ask to even consider switching sites.

Can't you do the two transactions separately? (pickup then drop)eta: We've used RTSports for years in my primary league, and I must say I disagree with you here. (That could be because our league rules allow for picking up first then dropping--if yours do not maybe you can fix that within the setup) Since our league has a 24 hour hold on all dropped players after the waiver wire period we've all been involved in those races a lot without issues--other than the fact that the ones I win frequently don't produce afterwards. :excited: I'll give kudos to MFL too, having been in leagues through their site--don't remember this situation but that might be the league setups.

Personally I don't like the whole MFL "create your own completely ugly site idea".
Really? I love the ability to completely change my home page to however I want it. I can put the league standings right where I can see them, as well as place the waiver order, current auctions, and my own roster all right there where I want them.And I can change things up when I get bored.Now, that's nto super important, but I would defend it as a perk that I definitely like.For my money, I can't believe anyone would use any site other than MFL if they were paying money, or any site other than Fleaflicker if they went the free route.

Can't you do the two transactions separately? (pickup then drop)eta: We've used RTSports for years in my primary league, and I must say I disagree with you here. (That could be because our league rules allow for picking up first then dropping--if yours do not maybe you can fix that within the setup) Since our league has a 24 hour hold on all dropped players after the waiver wire period we've all been involved in those races a lot without issues--other than the fact that the ones I win frequently don't produce afterwards. :yes: I'll give kudos to MFL too, having been in leagues through their site--don't remember this situation but that might be the league setups.
That's a good question...I can't honestly answer it Yes or No...but I believe it has never been suggested to us that it could be done in 2 separate transactions...although not a "cure it all", it would have somewhat remedied what was taking place...

Used rtsports for years, I like it. Maybe a little upgrade of the homepage/options might be good but it's user friendly. I don't hear folks talk about this but the scrolling message board is a lot better...

I'm in leagues with both RTSports and MFL and they both are good. The one thing I'd wish RTSports would have is a message board with separate subjects as MFL does. It makes it so much easier to keep discussions on topic but it is a minor quibble that seems easily fixed.

The FFPC used RTSports for FFPC main event and Satellite leagues and for the FootballGuys Players Championship this year. We were very pleased with the overall experience. Mark, Tim and the team at RTSports are passionate about providing a top-notch commissioner product and I would have no qualms with moving any private league over there. Tim mentioned enhancing their waiver process even further going forward, so they are looking to improve their product each and every year. Personally, I have played in other high stakes events and leagues that use RTSports, and it always worked flawlessly for me.

JMO

Dave Gerczak

co-owner

The FFPC

Doesn't it seem odd to anybody that the only overly positive review/recommendation for RTSports, in this thread, are from guys who have been members to the FBG website only since Jan. 1st of this year (except for the curiously name RTSportsDude)? I have had a league at RTSports for like a dozen years, they are OK, at best, and I have nothing to compare it to (at least not a pay-site). This year I played in a redraft league on Yahoo and I found it comparable. RTSports has never steered me wrong, and it is nice to get a hold of someone live when I call; but there isn't a whole lot there except links to KFFL for stories, not to mention their forums are pretty weak because of lack of traffic/replies. I don't know what the other sites offer but I wouldn't imagine it would have to be too much to out-do RTSports.

Edit: I will say in defense of RTSports, our league is very heavy commish oriented and everything runs through him. I don't want to sound like I utilize everything they offer and hate their site, there is just nothing there that really grabs me.

Doesn't it seem odd to anybody that the only overly positive review/recommendation for RTSports, in this thread, are from guys who have been members to the FBG website only since Jan. 1st of this year (except for the curiously name RTSportsDude)? I have had a league at RTSports for like a dozen years, they are OK, at best, and I have nothing to compare it to (at least not a pay-site). This year I played in a redraft league on Yahoo and I found it comparable. RTSports has never steered me wrong, and it is nice to get a hold of someone live when I call; but there isn't a whole lot there except links to KFFL for stories, not to mention their forums are pretty weak because of lack of traffic/replies. I don't know what the other sites offer but I wouldn't imagine it would have to be too much to out-do RTSports.
That's not the totality of things here.Here is a thread advertising services of RTS mixed amidst our usual banter. That in and of itself causes many FBG board members to just leave the thread alone for a myriad of reasons.If you want many opinions use the google search and type in RTS.I believe RTS is a quality site. MFL is comfy to me. MFL's familiar and RTS is different. That's all I don't like about RTS. They have the player news, stats and all the features I want to be available to me. They get back to me quickly if I have a Q and seem to be quite professional. They do a good job competing with MFL and I enjoy reaping the rewards of the competition between those two companies.I've never really enjoyed Yahoo and ESPN. I like supporting the lil guy over a big corporation if I have a quality choice. (I know RTS and MFL aren't that little but...) I'm not telling you to use RTS or use MFL, but I do recommend using one of them. You decide which. I know they each house a slew of expert leagues and a super large number of normal FF leagues that would blow your mind. Don't be fools and wait forever with fanball. Transfer your league somewhere-if not for your own and your league's benefit then please do it for me so that there aren't 50 threads here next summer with people whining that their fanball league was lost. Simply puy-RTS probably hosts 50k or 100k leagues or somesuch. How many do they have to host til you think they have a clue what they're doing and that they might have a quality product? Choose Walmart or Kmart, who cares, but don't let your league just die over at fanball.

Bri said:
pittstownkiller said:
That's not the totality of things here.Here is a thread advertising services of RTS mixed amidst our usual banter. That in and of itself causes many FBG board members to just leave the thread alone for a myriad of reasons.If you want many opinions use the google search and type in RTS.I believe RTS is a quality site. MFL is comfy to me. MFL's familiar and RTS is different. That's all I don't like about RTS. They have the player news, stats and all the features I want to be available to me. They get back to me quickly if I have a Q and seem to be quite professional. They do a good job competing with MFL and I enjoy reaping the rewards of the competition between those two companies.I've never really enjoyed Yahoo and ESPN. I like supporting the lil guy over a big corporation if I have a quality choice. (I know RTS and MFL aren't that little but...) I'm not telling you to use RTS or use MFL, but I do recommend using one of them. You decide which. I know they each house a slew of expert leagues and a super large number of normal FF leagues that would blow your mind. Don't be fools and wait forever with fanball. Transfer your league somewhere-if not for your own and your league's benefit then please do it for me so that there aren't 50 threads here next summer with people whining that their fanball league was lost. Simply puy-RTS probably hosts 50k or 100k leagues or somesuch. How many do they have to host til you think they have a clue what they're doing and that they might have a quality product? Choose Walmart or Kmart, who cares, but don't let your league just die over at fanball.
I don't have a fanball league and I have never heard of them before this thread. Sheer numbers can't be the reason to quantify the quality of "fantasy scoring provider" or I would assume that ESPN or Yahoo could dwarf RTSports. As I said I have had an RTS account for 12+ years, and I don't see our league moving, but I don't see anything special going on there. I do think that it is smooth of RTS to advertise themselves here, I just don't like the altruistic feel to their post(s).

WolverineMan said:
Your credibility took a hit by saying something positive about the mess that is Antsports. Seriously though, when people are looking at where they should move their fanball leagues to, it is the entire package that should sell them. Not one guy's opinion of a better color scheme down in one page of the site or another guy trying to point out some obscure flaw that would never happen to anyone else. I have always maintained that RTSports and MFL give you very similar value for your money, and certainly much more value than Yahoo, CBS, or ESPN. I base that on the entire package; better customer service, better features, most accurate and timely stats, etc. Digging down to the next level, I put RTSports above MFL because it has the best customer service in the industry and I have found the average Joe in my leagues prefers the consistent and clean design of RTSports over whatever customizations and tailoring people try to do to our MFL leagues to make them cool.
Did I really say something positive about Antsports? Quote: Sad as it sounds.That is a subtle recognition that Antsports sucks, but RTSports is even worse, as evidenced by the replies in this thread.Sorry I will try to be less obtuse in the future. :thumbup:

Actually, we are planning on enhancing our waiver wire interface next year. And as far as interface designs are concerned, let's just say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. When was the last time you used RTSports for your leagues?
No, you could not be more wrong about this being an issue of "beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Your interface violates some of the basic principles of interface design (such as accessibility) and until you hire someone qualified in the field of interaction design the problem will never be fixed. I could geek out and quote the actual principles your design violates but I doubt you really care.But let me simply ask a question that you should keep in mind when you are "upgrading" the interface: Can designed be modified to require LESS interaction from the user. In other words, the more clicks the more chance of errors. I can not state it any more simple. :thumbup:ETA: For some reason I had to post under my other log in name because when I tried to post under my normal name I got a message that said I could not post in this thread anymore. Seriously?

Bri said:
pittstownkiller said:
I don't have a fanball league and I have never heard of them before this thread. Sheer numbers can't be the reason to quantify the quality of "fantasy scoring provider" or I would assume that ESPN or Yahoo could dwarf RTSports. As I said I have had an RTS account for 12+ years, and I don't see our league moving, but I don't see anything special going on there. I do think that it is smooth of RTS to advertise themselves here, I just don't like the altruistic feel to their post(s).
was sheer numbers the only thing I mentioned?

I don't understand everyone jumping to bash RTSports. I've never used them, but let the guy put his product out there. Geez.

And if you get at least one season free to try it out, what can it hurt?

I don't understand everyone jumping to bash RTSports. I've never used them, but let the guy put his product out there. Geez. And if you get at least one season free to try it out, what can it hurt?
I am just doing my duty as an informed consumer. If the "bashing" results in traction for them to FINALLY address the issues brought up in this thread, I will be the first to compliment them. They have failed to address the blind bid issue for the past three years in the WCFF.

was sheer numbers the only thing I mentioned?
Come on Bri, is this where this is going? I was responding to your last post, you know, as in a discussion. I have now stated three times that I have nothing to compare RTSports to; just that from the years of using their website I am usually underwhelmed. I did not recommend any other pay-website because I have never used another one. I have tried to keep my postings about RTS fair and understated but I could easily type about things that are "weak" on their site. If you like RTS, have at it, you wouldn't be doing anything better or more foolish than what I'm doing, since I have and will keep my league there. My complaint, if you want to define it as such, is that their package is pretty basic, not much deeper than a no-pay site. Most of my uses for RTS is their databases, it is both their strong and weak points. My reason for posting at all was that it seemed odd to me that RTSportsDude posts here, then a couple of posts that aren't in favor of RTS, then posts from guys who have just joined this site to say how great they are. It has the feeling of a planted posts. I just find it hard to believe, that someone was casually reading this post and felt so strong about RTS that they created a user ID to advocate for them. I don't want to accuse anybody of anything, just that it seemed odd. It is obvious someone over at RTSports is monitoring this thread and it seemed a little dubious to me. As I have said before, I like the guys over at RTS, and wish them well, but I wish that their site had a little more meat. Even in their forums, they have a big list of requests for the website, and I don't know if it ever gets addressed; it wasn't when I spent a lot of time over there. I will agree with you on one point; RTS will definitely be better than whatever website is going out of business.

CBSports > RTSports > MFL

I can live with differences in software during the week, but on Sunday the auto scoring page is where the action is. It drives me nuts to be scrolling down MFL's detailed scoring to have the page refresh and send me back to the top. Why do you have to do a whole page refresh to get updated scoring? At CBSports.com they use some sort of a Java interface that updates without a refresh. In addition, the player that scores will be highlighted at the time of the update so you immediately know who scored.

CBSports > RTSports > MFLI can live with differences in software during the week, but on Sunday the auto scoring page is where the action is. It drives me nuts to be scrolling down MFL's detailed scoring to have the page refresh and send me back to the top. Why do you have to do a whole page refresh to get updated scoring? At CBSports.com they use some sort of a Java interface that updates without a refresh. In addition, the player that scores will be highlighted at the time of the update so you immediately know who scored.
That's what the gameday app is for. There's a link for it on the live scoring page.

Users who are viewing this thread