What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big News - The 2023 Footballguys Championship Is Live And Partnering With The NFFC (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The $150 Best Ball Championship is an overall competition that pays the Top 3 in each league ($800 to first) and a $30,000 grand prize. These are 12-team, 34-round drafts that uses Third Round Reversal (1-12 in Round 1, 12-1 in Round 2, 12-1 in Round 3 and then 1-12, 12-1 serpentine after that). Again, we have 2-hour and 4-hour slow drafts right now for that format and optimal scoring for 17 weeks. It's great competition and you have a chance to turn $150 into $30,000. Enjoy and be one of the first 50 players to sign up to save 20%.

I have no problem with a 2 hour timer when i am awake, but how does it work when i am asleep. Does the draft start as soon as the lobby fills? What if the lobby fills when i am asleep.
The draft starts 30 minutes after the league fills; draft spots are announced 15 minutes after the league fills. If a league fills after 10 pm ET it will start at 9 am ET. We pause the draft room from 1 am ET to 9 am ET but you can still make picks during the pause if you are on the clock. But the pause allows you to get 8 hours of sleep and not miss a pick!!!
Thanks

The second issue is i just tried to sign up and my identity is not verified and the help desk procedure is not very user friendly.

I need to email my photo id somewhere, but the directions are not clear.
Hmmm, that doesn’t sound right. Send me your login info to greg@sportshubtech.com and I’ll see if we can help. Thanks and welcome aboard.

Okay, we are going to launch the Footballguys Championship this Friday at 10 pm ET with the first live draft of the season. And we are going to do it in grand fashion by livestreaming the first draft on our High Stakes Fantasy Network YouTube channel here:

Myself, Tom Kessenich and Sigmund Bloom of Footballguys.com will analyze the draft and I'll also air it on my Twitter account. We'll start at 9:55 pm ET and take this one through most of the draft. Remember, this is a straight serpentine draft, so analyzing the early round team builds should be a lot of fun. We look forward to adding Sigmund to the analysis of this draft and we'll do this often during the summer.

Oh, and we'll give a $35 discount to anyone who joins this first league. Click on this link to sign up for the Friday 10 pm ET draft:

Then type in Use promo code:

FBG35

Then hit Apply before checking out and we'll take $35 off this entry. It's as easy as that.

Then get ready to draft a team that can win the $350,000 grand prize. And if you want to join us on the livestream during the draft, just email me at greg@sportshubtech.com and I'll send you the link to join us on air. It's going to be a blast, so sign up to draft and then watch the draft unfold with us. You'll have a great time whether you're drafting or just watching.

See you there.

I'm ready to roll on this...but when I went to make a payment, it's not as simple as $350 - $35 = 10% discount. I was disappointed to find I would be charged $11.40 in fees.

Compliance Fee, Processing Fee...$5.00, $6.40 = $11.40

That reduces the discount to 23.60. $35 is a very nice 10% off the Entry Fee...but it rubs me the wrong way because it's not 10% off the total outlay, and I've never encountered that before in any other National Contest I've played in, across multiple formats, to the best of my knowledge.

I've been competing in multiple High Stakes National FF Contests every year since the I flew out to Vegas for the 1st year of WCOFF.

Only a few Seasons of NFFC Contests. When I was competing in that Contest, I found that 14-Team Leagues with 3RR Serpentine Drafts weren't my thing. That was probably 10 or so years ago. Not sure how long NFFC has had the fees thing going on, but that would have been another reason I would have opted out. Plenty of Contests out there that aren't compromising my bankroll with fees.

Played every Season of the footballguys FPC at FFPC. Never charged any fees there. 3 pack, $1050 - $50 = $1000. Nice, clean, easy.

I'm ready to hit 'make a payment', and rock and roll on Friday night live...but I just can't get past the fee thing. On principle, just can't do it.

$315, I'm in like Flynn. Let me know.

Last edited:
I'm ready to roll on this...but when I went to make a payment, it's not as simple as $350 - $35 = 10% discount. I was disappointed to find I would be charged $11.40 in fees.

Compliance Fee, Processing Fee...$5.00, $6.40 = $11.40

That reduces the discount to 23.60. $35 is a very nice 10% off the Entry Fee...but it rubs me the wrong way because it's not 10% off the total outlay, and I've never encountered that before in any other National Contest I've played in, across multiple formats, to the best of my knowledge.

I've been competing in multiple High Stakes National FF Contests every year since the I flew out to Vegas for the 1st year of WCOFF.

Only a few Seasons of NFFC Contests. When I was competing in that Contest, I found that 14-Team Leagues with 3RR Serpentine Drafts weren't my thing. That was probably 10 or so years ago. Not sure how long NFFC has had the fees thing going on, but that would have been another reason I would have opted out. Plenty of Contests out there that aren't compromising my bankroll with fees.

Played every Season of the footballguys FPC at FFPC. Never charged any fees there. 3 pack, $1050 - $50 = $1000. Nice, clean, easy.

I'm ready to hit 'make a payment', and rock and roll on Friday night live...but I just can't get past the fee thing. On principle, just can't do it.

$315, I'm in like Flynn. Let me know.
Thanks for the reply nittanylion and we'd love to have you on Friday night. There shouldn't be any credit card fee as Footballguys is eating all of those expenses. Let me check with IT to make sure that $6.40 charge is taken off. As most people know, credit card fees in this space have risen dramatically since the Draft Kings/Fanduel controversy in 2016 and it's a big expense for game operators, but Footballguys is NOT passing on that expense to the consumers. I'll make sure that is eliminated.

The $5 compliance fee is imposed by SportsHub, my company, because state-by-state licensing fees are now six figures a year and then some for us to legally operate in certain states. We are licensed in 20+ states and we exempt players from 10 states because of the licensing issue. It's just a terrible cost of doing business in this space since 2016 and we've asked our players to help with some of this bill. Every time a state passes a legalized sports betting bill, a fantasy sports add-on licensing fee is attached to it and we have to pay it. I hope $5 doesn't keep you from playing with us, but it allows us to be licensed in as many states as we are right now.

Email me at greg@sportshubtech.com and I'll talk it through with you, but don't blame Footballguys for the compliance fees. That's on us as we try to stay legal in as many states as possible. It just sucks, but it's a huge expense these days. Let's discuss. And thanks again for the honest post.

Thanks for responding quickly and professionally, @GregAmbrosius . Excellent customer service on your part.

This is a very well-thought-out Contest. Love the innovative format, and that it didn't go overboard in terms of # of entries.

No offense to FFPC/Fantasy Pro's, but they've gone off the deep end in that regard, IMHO.

You and Tom, and Joe and the fbg's gang , are a match that makes sense from an 'approach and delivery' standpoint, IMHO. Very much on the same page. Very like-minded in how you approach your business, and your clients.

No offense to Alex and Dave, but the 'feel' of this partnership just seems like more of a good fit to me.

FYI to anyone following this discussion, minutes after reading Greg's post, I refreshed my checkout page, and the $6.40 Processing Fee had vanished.

Thanks for responding quickly and professionally, @GregAmbrosius . Excellent customer service on your part.

This is a very well-thought-out Contest. Love the innovative format, and that it didn't go overboard in terms of # of entries.

No offense to FFPC/Fantasy Pro's, but they've gone off the deep end in that regard, IMHO.

You and Tom, and Joe and the fbg's gang , are a match that makes sense from an 'approach and delivery' standpoint, IMHO. Very much on the same page. Very like-minded in how you approach your business, and your clients.

No offense to Alex and Dave, but the 'feel' of this partnership just seems like more of a good fit to me.

FYI to anyone following this discussion, minutes after reading Greg's post, I refreshed my checkout page, and the $6.40 Processing Fee had vanished.
Thanks again. And kudos to Joe Bryant, Clayton Gray and Sigmund Bloom for devising the rules and the unique league playoff format. Having a $350,000 grand prize based on "only" 7,500 teams and the league playoffs in Weeks 15-17 is the right mix, I believe.

I like the feel of this partnership too and so does Joe!! Okay, so now let's get this Friday night Footballguys Championship filled so that I can comment on every pick while drinking a beer!!! Sounds like fun on a Friday night. And I hope a lot of people watch the livestream and join us on the Live Chat. Should be fun. Thanks again.

We are going to launch the Footballguys Championship tonight at 10 ET with the first live draft of the season. And we are going to do it in grand fashion by livestreaming the first draft on our High Stakes Fantasy Network YouTube channel here:

Myself, Tom Kessenich and Sigmund Bloom of Footballguys.com will analyze the draft and I'll also air it on my Twitter account (@GregAmbrosius). We'll start at 9:55 pm ET and take this one through most of the draft. Remember, this is a straight serpentine draft, so analyzing the early round team builds should be a lot of fun. We look forward to adding Sigmund to the analysis of this draft and we'll do this often during the summer.

Oh, and we'll give a $35 discount to anyone who joins this first league. Click on this link to sign up for the Friday 10 pm ET draft:

Then type in Use promo code:

FBG35

Then hit Apply before checking out and we'll take $35 off this entry. It's as easy as that.

NOW ONLY 3 SPOTS LEFT!! Jump in and take the first shot at the $350,000 grand prize. Thanks all and enjoy.

Hey everyone, we're going to be showcasing next Wednesday night's 8 pm ET Footballguys Championship draft on our Sirius show as our Sirius Draft of the Week. How this works is we highlight this draft on our Sirius Radio show on their Fantasy Sports Channel (Channel 87) on our show that airs from 10 pm ET to Midnight every Wednesday night in our 11 pm ET segment. We also interview three people from the draft in that segment and ask them questions about how their draft went, why they picked certain players etc. It's a fun way to talk draft strategies and really showcase the players in our contests. We've been doing this for the past several years with our contests in both the NFFC and NFBC on our show and will be doing this throughout the drafting season with FBG drafts now as well.

Here's the link to next Wednesday night's draft for those who want to sign up:

If you want to join me and Greg on the show at 11 pm ET email me your phone number to tom@sportshubtech.com. The first 3 people to contact me will come on the show.

Hope to see you in the draft room next Wednesday and talk to you on the show as well. :)

Two completed drafts in the books so the sample size is obviously very small but here's the FBG Championship's first round ADP. You can find our ADP info for free at playnffc.com/adp and then change the All Drafts filter to Footballguys Championship.

1. Jefferson
2. Chase
3. Hill
4. CMC
5. Kupp
6. Ekeler
7. Kelce
8. Bijan
9. Diggs
10. Brown
11. Lamb
12. Mahomes

Also, Sigmund will be joining me and Greg on our Sirius show Wednesday night at 10:15 pm ET. We'll get his thoughts on a wide variety of subjects, including of course the FBG Championship. We're still looking for 3 people to join us at 11 pm ET to talk about how they drafted in Wednesday night's 8 pm ET FBG Championship draft. Spots are available so sign up and if you want to join us on the show email me your phone number to tom@sportshubtech.com.

Here's the draft board link for tonight's 8 pm ET FBG Championship draft for those who want to follow along. A reminder that Sigmund will be our guest on our Sirius show at 10:15 pm ET tonight and we're also going to be interviewing 3 people from tonight's 8 pm draft in our 11 pm ET segment tonight as well so a big chunk of tonight's show will be devoted to the FBG Championship. Our show begins at 10 pm ET on Sirius Channel 87.

We're hosting a livestream Footballguys Championship draft tonight at 10 ET on the Footballguys YouTube channel. Watch 12 owners battle for the $350,000 grand prize tonight right here:

Greg Ambrosius, Tom Kessenich and Sigmund Bloom will analyze the draft picks and the team builds. See you tonight.

Reactions: Dez
For anyone who's interested, Tom and Greg are hosting one of these drafts live on youtube right now...

Thank you Buddy.

Also, jump on these here soon as we're running a $35 discount for teams purchased this month. You can draft whenever, you just need to purchase this month. www.footballguyschampionship.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread