What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL BSS Discussion Thread...... (1 Viewer)

'Stinkin Ref said:
using my Hillis pick as an example...in the WSL's he went1. 2.32. 1.15 3. 3.24. 2.7AVG: 2.3Toads took him in WSL2 probably high, but even if you say he flips his picks those two rounds he still goes at 2.2 in that one and drops his avg to 2.6between those 4 drafts he averaged out as the 12 RB to be taken.....so if you look at the first avg....2.3....me getting him at 3.11 would seem to represent value....however.....he was still the 12th RB taken in this draft....so did I get "value".... :shrug: ....hell I don't know....I hate numbers...it seems like I did at 3.11 but then again it really doesn't....
Its because he's White. And I think last year is his super-ceiling and his floor is very very low

'Stinkin Ref said:
using my Hillis pick as an example...in the WSL's he went1. 2.32. 1.15 3. 3.24. 2.7AVG: 2.3Toads took him in WSL2 probably high, but even if you say he flips his picks those two rounds he still goes at 2.2 in that one and drops his avg to 2.6between those 4 drafts he averaged out as the 12 RB to be taken.....so if you look at the first avg....2.3....me getting him at 3.11 would seem to represent value....however.....he was still the 12th RB taken in this draft....so did I get "value".... :shrug: ....hell I don't know....I hate numbers...it seems like I did at 3.11 but then again it really doesn't....
So, the value you may or may not have gotten is:Hakim Nicks Vs Mike Williams (or whatever other WR you would take in round 3)...... hmmmm.We're in a nice tier of WR"s where the value probably isn't earth shattering either way... Lets' see where this drops off. Lovin' the pace of the draft - as expected though.Tough choice on the end for me with Dallas Clark Vs Reggie Wayne.Had a feeling neither would make it past rzrback.Nice to snag Wayne there though!!!! I am happy to ride with Mike Wallace.... I would have tossed a coin over Bowe Vs Desaun if it came to that.

funny we both comment about Hillis...I debated a long time and I actually agree that there are some other RB's that I personally like a little better, but 270/1177/11 and 61/477/2 was hard to pass up.....those are pretty solid numbers no matter what "situation" you are in....many would say his situation last year wasn't very good to begin with.....yet he was a top 3 player in almost every scoring system....do his numbers improve if the Browns get better and his sitaution improves....who knows....to me the only real concern is Hardesty....plus the Browns get the AFC south and NFC West this year... :football:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have been happy with either TB Mike or Hillis. My decision was made for me when Hillis went the pick before me.

I wouldn't have minded waiting on WR because I think I could throw together enough talent from the extra 4 draft spots.

Really hating the corner here. Wanted Maclin but I'm OK with SJohnson if he comes even remotely close to 10 TDs again.

As long as the Giants can't run the ball again, Eli should be good for 20+ TDs (and 20 INTs which don't matter).

Really wish I had 3 picks here. Oh well - guess I'll be back up around Sunday.

Good to see 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 were all guys I was thinking about taking. At least I'm on as far as when people should go.

Just very hard to get value at the corners, as well as build a well-rounded team. I guess you have to take whatever value presents itself.

Good to see 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 were all guys I was thinking about taking. At least I'm on as far as when people should go.Just very hard to get value at the corners, as well as build a well-rounded team. I guess you have to take whatever value presents itself.
I always draft differently from a turn position. I consider 1-3 and 14-16 those positions, with 1 and 16 the primary. In any other slot, I would always look for value across all positions. At the corner, you have to balance identifying that value with what impact leaving a position short may cause. It is more rare that you can just take the BPA.It is fun though to be on the end for a change.Interesting to me that several have posted that they feel comfortable waiting to build a WR stable with the extra picks and yet that position continues to be the most selected, at least after the first six RBs taken consecutively at the opening of the draft.

Bass

gut feel for what richardson is oging to do with DeAngelo? is it CBA dependent?? I know they gave him some kind of tender/tag (they being Car)

After getting Marshall in the 3rd and DWilly in the 4th, I really don't feel like the QB/TE start cost me anything at these positions. One could easily argue that I got top 3 football talent at each on the 4 positions.

Really hating the corner here. Wanted Maclin but I'm OK with SJohnson if he comes even remotely close to 10 TDs again.As long as the Giants can't run the ball again, Eli should be good for 20+ TDs (and 20 INTs which don't matter).Really wish I had 3 picks here. Oh well - guess I'll be back up around Sunday.
I'm not liking it much either, BSS put us down here cuz he is scared of what we can do in the draft, he needs us at the biggest disadvantage possible. Look at it as a a sign of respect, lol.Had to take Maclin, he is a stud in the making.Just a few yards shy of a thow, had 70 catchs and 10 tds. I had to tak ethe value.You were thinking Rice too? Thought it was a bit early myself, but I need players who will get #1 looks.

Good to see 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 were all guys I was thinking about taking. At least I'm on as far as when people should go.

Just very hard to get value at the corners, as well as build a well-rounded team. I guess you have to take whatever value presents itself.
I always draft differently from a turn position. I consider 1-3 and 14-16 those positions, with 1 and 16 the primary. In any other slot, I would always look for value across all positions. At the corner, you have to balance identifying that value with what impact leaving a position short may cause. It is more rare that you can just take the BPA.

It is fun though to be on the end for a change.

Interesting to me that several have posted that they feel comfortable waiting to build a WR stable with the extra picks and yet that position continues to be the most selected, at least after the first six RBs taken consecutively at the opening of the draft.
not sure it's been several...but I would imagine some are thinking it, even though they don't want to say it ....the load up on early stud at other positions and go for quanity over quality at WR could definatley come into play here for more than one team....some could argue that after about the top 18-20 it is anybody's guess at WR....so the top guys might still be going but after that you will see a trend towards other positions...what will be interesting is where the QB2 and DST runs start....if I don't have a QB yet...I might think about getting one cause the guys that have a stud QB right now might feel inclined to back it up with another solid QB2 since we have 4 more draft slots.....just sayin...

Bass gut feel for what richardson is oging to do with DeAngelo? is it CBA dependent?? I know they gave him some kind of tender/tag (they being Car)
if things stay the way they are his "what 1st round talent that fell to the 4th" could very well be 4th round or later talent....and if he goes somewhere else who really knows what his role will be....say best case scenerio MIA or even NE....is he really going to be the stud we saw years ago when he really was 1st round talent....?

Bass gut feel for what richardson is oging to do with DeAngelo? is it CBA dependent?? I know they gave him some kind of tender/tag (they being Car)
My gut says he stays, of course I'm in the minority with that opinion. Him moving on would be the best case fantasy scenario, but getting Otah back and anything at QB would greatly improve his prospects. The guy has a career 5.0 ypc which puts him among the elite all time backs.

Really hating the corner here. Wanted Maclin but I'm OK with SJohnson if he comes even remotely close to 10 TDs again.As long as the Giants can't run the ball again, Eli should be good for 20+ TDs (and 20 INTs which don't matter).Really wish I had 3 picks here. Oh well - guess I'll be back up around Sunday.
I'm not liking it much either, BSS put us down here cuz he is scared of what we can do in the draft, he needs us at the biggest disadvantage possible. Look at it as a a sign of respect, lol.Had to take Maclin, he is a stud in the making.Just a few yards shy of a thow, had 70 catchs and 10 tds. I had to tak ethe value.You were thinking Rice too? Thought it was a bit early myself, but I need players who will get #1 looks.
No as to Rice - but OD and Stewart (and DWill) for sure."Value" is easier to draft IMHO from the middle. The corners have to anticipate more, which can make it tough.I could have gone TE1 (OD) or RB2 (Best, Stewart, DWill) but then I would have had to change my other plans for WR2. Frankly I don't like the WR value at the next few tiers so I'd rather have a strong WR2 and patch together TE and RB2 more.Had to get QB1 though, and Matt Ryan was the other name considered. I just think Eli will have to throw more than Ryan.

Please refrain from excessive noise posts in the draft thread. I am following mostly on phone and all that added junk increases the time to identify picks.

Patience is a virtue, but if you need to let off steam add some noise posts here in the discussion thread.

Thanks to all for their consideration!

I thought about taking Cutler, but with two players from the NFC north on the roster already, I would have potentially had a big bye week problem.

Jay Cutler

That pick represented a fork in the road for me. I gave up incremental value at WR for the entire year to lock up a 2nd starting QB. Cutler wouldn't have made it back and the only other guy capable of occassionally bettering Vick would also likely be gone. If I'd passed on QB I likely would have to had burnt two later selections on lottery picks. I think these lottery selections will be made earlier in a 24 rd format, meaning I can re-coup the lost WR points with an extra body. In earlier drafts there more more lottery picks than selections available to take them.

Harvin was my other consideration.

Represented value, but with Marshall in tow I wasn't thrilled about having two ppr whores with little TD upside and bad QBing. Great pick, but not the best fit for my team.

Loved that ZMiller made it to me after passing on ODaniels.

QBs are thin this year (as they were last year) so I think the cupboard will be dry by my next turn, so had to grab my second now.

QB - Stafford, Eli Manning

RB - Gore

WR - Greg Jennings, Steve Johnson

TE - Zach Miller (OAK)

so what's the clock now, and when is it on/off?I may have to give out a list
Reverts to 8 hours on weekends. More specically doubles on weekends. For instance if someone misses a weekday pick their clock would be reduced to 2 hours but would expand back to 4 hr on the weekends.Regarding straddle clocks...Friday to Saturday: If someone goes on the clock between 8:01 PM EDT and 12 midnite, their clock would resume with the balance of the 4 hours begining at 8 am.Sunday to Monday: If someone goes on the clock between 8:01 PM EDT and 12 midnite, they would inherit a 4 hour clock starting at 8 am.One rule change/clarification for this event only. I'm installing a proxy pick rule. Best way I can explain this is to give an example.Draft is at 18.5 midday Wednesday. BnB drafts at 18.7 and now has a one hour clock after being late on two picks. BSS drafts at 18.8 and has a full 4 hr clock. BnB pms a list of three valid players to BSS and annouces in the draft thread that he has proxied his picks to BSS. After the 18.6 pick is made, BSS goes on the clock at 18.8 and BnB's time is skipped. Three things can now happened.1. BSS shows up within 4 hours and makes BnB's pick as well as his.2. BnB shows up within BSS's 4 hour window and can make his pick. BSS's 4 hour window remains the same.3. Neither shows up during BSS's 4 hour window. BSS's future clock is reduced in half. BnB's future clock remains the same. BnB can draft a make up pick from the available players (if the players on his list are gone too bad). BSS can make a make up pick but has the responsibility to check BnB's proxy for BnB's first.You can only proxy to the drafter after you (or the one after them if they have already proxied) but are welcome to leave lists with anyone (you will go on the draft clock at your pick). If you decide to proxy, it's your responsibility to forward any proxy picks that have been sent to you already. It's also your responsibility not to proxy to someone who has already proxied their pick and won't be back.Hopefully this make sense. With the shortened clock I can see instances where people know they won't be around and would like to cover themselves as well as not hold up the draft.

Reverts to 8 hours on weekends. More specically doubles on weekends. For instance if someone misses a weekday pick their clock would be reduced to 2 hours but would expand back to 4 hr on the weekends.Regarding straddle clocks...Friday to Saturday: If someone goes on the clock between 8:01 PM EDT and 12 midnite, their clock would resume with the balance of the 4 hours begining at 8 am.Sunday to Monday: If someone goes on the clock between 8:01 PM EDT and 12 midnite, they would inherit a 4 hour clock starting at 8 am.One rule change/clarification for this event only. I'm installing a proxy pick rule. Best way I can explain this is to give an example.Draft is at 18.5 midday Wednesday. BnB drafts at 18.7 and now has a one hour clock after being late on two picks. BSS drafts at 18.8 and has a full 4 hr clock. BnB pms a list of three valid players to BSS and annouces in the draft thread that he has proxied his picks to BSS. After the 18.6 pick is made, BSS goes on the clock at 18.8 and BnB's time is skipped. Three things can now happened.1. BSS shows up within 4 hours and makes BnB's pick as well as his.2. BnB shows up within BSS's 4 hour window and can make his pick. BSS's 4 hour window remains the same.3. Neither shows up during BSS's 4 hour window. BSS's future clock is reduced in half. BnB's future clock remains the same. BnB can draft a make up pick from the available players (if the players on his list are gone too bad). BSS can make a make up pick but has the responsibility to check BnB's proxy for BnB's first.You can only proxy to the drafter after you (or the one after them if they have already proxied) but are welcome to leave lists with anyone (you will go on the draft clock at your pick). If you decide to proxy, it's your responsibility to forward any proxy picks that have been sent to you already. It's also your responsibility not to proxy to someone who has already proxied their pick and won't be back.Hopefully this make sense. With the shortened clock I can see instances where people know they won't be around and would like to cover themselves as well as not hold up the draft.
How would this work at the corners?

How would this work at the corners?
It doesn't :(Two options for you....1) PM lists to multiple other people letting them know know your pick list.2) If you trust the guy in front of you, send a proxy pick in a PM with "Proxy - Do not open until after your pick" in the title.On the plus side, you only go on the clock 12 times in this draft so it's 50% less likely that you'll miss a pick in the first place. Even if you do miss a pick, the 50% clock penalty will impact you1/2 as much as anyone else.

Andy...I am a Chiefs fan but I'm curious about your Cassel pick...over Cutler or Stafford primarily but even over maybe taking a chance on a Tebow or something....you're still gonna really have to back up whoever at this point but to me it really seems like what he did last year was a ceiling ..might have rolled the dice that Stafford stays healthy all year (maybe 35 tds) or took a chance that Tebow puts up the kind of numbers all year that he did in the games he started last year..Cutler, who knows...prolly could have gotten Cassel a couple rounds later as the QB2....at this point a gamble on anothe dude might have been the "going for the win" type of move instead of a safe play at QB.....

Andy...I am a Chiefs fan but I'm curious about your Cassel pick...over Cutler or Stafford primarily but even over maybe taking a chance on a Tebow or something....you're still gonna really have to back up whoever at this point but to me it really seems like what he did last year was a ceiling ..might have rolled the dice that Stafford stays healthy all year (maybe 35 tds) or took a chance that Tebow puts up the kind of numbers all year that he did in the games he started last year..Cutler, who knows...prolly could have gotten Cassel a couple rounds later as the QB2....at this point a gamble on anothe dude might have been the "going for the win" type of move instead of a safe play at QB.....
I already have Calvin Johnson and Matt Forte on the roster. I haven't paid much attention to how the NFL rotates bye weeks lately, but it's usually by division. So I didn't want to have another NFC North player since it's a survivor league and have the bye kill me. I like Cutler as a fantasy player and think Stafford could have a nice year too. All things considered, while there's still risk, Cassel was the safest pick at that point.

I already have Calvin Johnson and Matt Forte on the roster. I haven't paid much attention to how the NFL rotates bye weeks lately, but it's usually by division. So I didn't want to have another NFC North player since it's a survivor league and have the bye kill me. I like Cutler as a fantasy player and think Stafford could have a nice year too. All things considered, while there's still risk, Cassel was the safest pick at that point.
Must be excellent Bass.Must be excellent Bass.

Must be excellent Bass.

Andy, have a great weekend. It's a pleasure drafting with you.

Austin Collie - Sure looks like I'm drafting to lead the league in games missed. This is going to be one of my funest or funnest teams of all time to watch.

QB - Vick, Cutler

RB - Williams

WR - Marshall, Collie

TE - Finley

Pretty happy with my team so far.

QB - Schaub

RB - Matthews, Felix

WR - Andre, Miles

TE - Gresham

I ended up with better RB's than I thought I would by waiting. Real happy with the two WR's, especially with Romo coming back (he loves Miles). TE was hoping to snag Pettigrew in the 5th, but Bass (I think) beat me to it. Happy so far, but with these drafts the talent thins out quick.

Really happy with my turn here. Definitely wanted to get two TEs and could not believe that Gonzo was still hanging around. Always a big fan of Steve Smith, who can have huge games from time to time and could be traded.

Really happy with my turn here. Definitely wanted to get two TEs and could not believe that Gonzo was still hanging around. Always a big fan of Steve Smith, who can have huge games from time to time and could be traded.
outstanding turn, would have loved to see smith last a little longer. TE is soooo deep this year. sigh.

outstanding turn, would have loved to see smith last a little longer. TE is soooo deep this year. sigh.
Double Sigh.Would love to have just drafted 2 TE's at this turn the way it turned out.Garrard was a painful pick for me... The QB pool is unbelievable. I usually do really well taking QB2 in round 10. Many years, that alone keeps me afloat a long while. Now I'm taking my 10th round QB in round 7 who I don't even like at all and I'm pretty sure his ceiling is low.

Users who are viewing this thread