What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (12 Viewers)

Glad I didn't pay for that.

The creative team really does have their hands tied by Cena's charity work outside the storylines. You can only do one thing with his character.

Too many false finishers at the end. Very slow ending.

Rock's matches in general have just been slow. Wasn't a fan of either of his Cena or Punk matches.

Cena/Punk on Raw a month or so back was better than anything on this show IMO. The 2 just have great chemistry together.

Any good sites out there for this?
Be first in the row and number 1 in the .eu.
Man, thanks for the link!!! But for those of you that used it, I have been spending a chunk of time removing all the forced installed programs and registry entries--even though I clicked "no" and "cancel", I still ended up with 3-4 of them. Do a pretty good clean if I were you.

You get what you get, but I won't complain,

Glad I didn't pay for that.The creative team really does have their hands tied by Cena's charity work outside the storylines. You can only do one thing with his character.
The way Cena was acting at the end, I was just waiting for him to plaster the Rock with the belt. Oh well, won't be the last time WWE disappointed me.

ADR beats Thwagger in a decent match. Hopefully this means the end to Thwagger's awful gimmick. Sgt. Slaughter's anti-America gimmick in the early 90s went over like a fart in church, too. Muhammad Hassan went over like a fart in church. And now Thwagger is over like a fart in church. When will Vince ever learn?
I actually love the Jack Swagger gimmick. I'm not one that pines for the attitude era, but I do like when they get a little bold once in a while with this kind of stuff. I thought I remembered Slaughter get a ton of heet for anti-America gimmick. It's been a long time since we've seen a good racism gimmick. I think they're pulling it off pretty well. I don't know if it's getting over, but I've been entertained by it. :shrug:

ADR beats Thwagger in a decent match. Hopefully this means the end to Thwagger's awful gimmick. Sgt. Slaughter's anti-America gimmick in the early 90s went over like a fart in church, too. Muhammad Hassan went over like a fart in church. And now Thwagger is over like a fart in church. When will Vince ever learn?
I actually love the Jack Swagger gimmick. I'm not one that pines for the attitude era, but I do like when they get a little bold once in a while with this kind of stuff. I thought I remembered Slaughter get a ton of heet for anti-America gimmick. It's been a long time since we've seen a good racism gimmick. I think they're pulling it off pretty well. I don't know if it's getting over, but I've been entertained by it. :shrug:
I enjoyed the Slaughter gimmick myself, but it was bad heat. The real reason they moved Wrestlemania VII was because of very poor ticket sales.

He got the wrong heat. Remember, the Wrestlemania that year was supposed to be at the L.A. Coliseum, but it was moved to the L.A. Memorial Sports Arena due to poor ticket sales, and even the arena wasn't entirely sold out, either.

Just about any attempt by Vince to capitalize on a hot-button political issue ends up failing miserably.

He got the wrong heat. Remember, the Wrestlemania that year was supposed to be at the L.A. Coliseum, but it was moved to the L.A. Memorial Sports Arena due to poor ticket sales, and even the arena wasn't entirely sold out, either.

Just about any attempt by Vince to capitalize on a hot-button political issue ends up failing miserably.
Best match of that 'Mania was Macho vs Warrior.

Usually, the Raw after Mania is pretty good and sets the tone for the next couple of months. I'll keep an eye out, but it will most likely be back to channel flipping on Mondays.

Yep. From what I remember, the best match from Wrestlemania is almost never the main event.

It's def over and Slaughter was REALLY over. Only reason Swagger is not the champ is because of his recent arrest.

Yep. From what I remember, the best match from Wrestlemania is almost never the main event.
HBK vs Bret Hart in the Iron Man match was a damn good main event.

SlaX said:
Ghost Rider said:
SlaX said:
Brady Marino said:
Jeremy said:
Brady Marino said:

Not really. If you watch the match in its entirety, it's a rest hold fest. However, it gets the best simply because the rest of the card was the suck.

Courtjester said:
Brady Marino said:
Spartans346 said:
Any good sites out there for this?
Be first in the row and number 1 in the .eu.
Man, thanks for the link!!! But for those of you that used it, I have been spending a chunk of time removing all the forced installed programs and registry entries--even though I clicked "no" and "cancel", I still ended up with 3-4 of them. Do a pretty good clean if I were you.

You get what you get, but I won't complain,
A bit late now, but never click "no" and "cancel" on those popups. Thats basically clicking the install now button. Usually if you move the mouse around you can find a little "x" to close, or use your browser shortcuts to kill the windows.

SlaX said:
Ghost Rider said:
SlaX said:
Brady Marino said:
Jeremy said:
Brady Marino said:

Not really. If you watch the match in its entirety, it's a rest hold fest. However, it gets the best simply because the rest of the card was the suck.
I've been watching since the 80's, so I've endured many 60-minute draw matches. Most featured rest holds, story telling and ring psychology. You just can't do a 60-minute Iron Man match with nothing but high spot after high spot. But yes, the rest of the card was horrible. So it really won by default.

Last edited by a moderator:
True, but most matches in the 50 to 60 minute range that I have seen are not that great. People used to salivate over Ric Flair's ability back in the 80s to have 60-minute matches all of the time, but many of them had huge chunks where they were boring as hell. Give me a great 25-30 minute match and that will beat just about any overlong match.

Brady Marino said:
Courtjester said:
I need to find a "link" to watch this. Because of the Xfinity alarm install we did last month, our cable bill is sitting at $450.00 a month for the next 3 months and the wife isn't excited about adding another $50.00 bucks on top of that. :kicksrock:
Word on the street is that you first must know that there is a row of websites available. 1 in particular. It's a .eu.
I paid $60 to stream it via wwe.com and the feed crapped out 10 minutes in. WWE emailed me about a partial outtage at 2am and said it was now available to watch. They have a strict no refund policy. Good thing I put it on my credit card. I am getting a full refund.

I ended up streaming it illegally. That's what I get for trying to do the right thing.

Just watched the last five matches online....I don't get the complaints. I don't watch much anymore but I was very entertained by all 5, with Punk-Taker and Triple H-Brock two of the better matches I've seen.

Punk can no doubt carry the company as the top face. He's so over.

Punk is over like mad (as a face or a heel), but he doesn't draw enough to be THE top good guy. Hell, they didn't even let him main event PPVs as the champ until very late in his 14-month title reign. Plus, with his smaller size and tats, he just doesn't have the look to be the top face like Cena, Rock, Austin or Hogan.

Having said that, Punk is entertaining as hell and pretty much the only reason why I am still a part-time watcher of the "sport."

And we have some reasoning behind the Henry-Ryback match last night. Looks like a Cena/Henry feud until Punk comes back to save us from the father of Mae Young's hand.

The Rock went home abruptly after WrestleMania after being told he had torn abductor and abdominal muscles. He immediately went home to get treatment as he has to start filming his Hercules movie shortly.

Most within WWE were not aware of the circumstances for him leaving and there was heat on him initially. That has dissipated, although there was grumbling among some wrestlers that if they can work hurt, Rock could have at least cut a promo. Obviously, they don't understand the machine Rock is in Hollywood.

WWE was not informed until well into the afternoon, requiring massive rewrites to Raw and all the insanity that goes along with that.
On a separate note, this crowd tonight is like an Attitude Era crowd. :thumbup:

The Rock went home abruptly after WrestleMania after being told he had torn abductor and abdominal muscles. He immediately went home to get treatment as he has to start filming his Hercules movie shortly.

Most within WWE were not aware of the circumstances for him leaving and there was heat on him initially. That has dissipated, although there was grumbling among some wrestlers that if they can work hurt, Rock could have at least cut a promo. Obviously, they don't understand the machine Rock is in Hollywood.

WWE was not informed until well into the afternoon, requiring massive rewrites to Raw and all the insanity that goes along with that.
On a separate note, this crowd tonight is like an Attitude Era crowd. :thumbup:
I understand why the WWE wanted to bring Rock back and I understand why he would gladly take their money, but the whole arc left me feeling more meh than anything else.

It was Face-Face for so long, forced them to turn CM Punk with two mega faces kicking around and didn't really give us any high quality matches. Rock and Lesnar just show the dangers of relying on part-timers to generate great story lines.

What's with the crowd? Were they chanting RVD?
They're stealing the show tonight. Love it (compared to the usual apathy that comes with WWE crowds nowadays).
Just awesome. The crowd was the story last night, maybe the best I've ever heard. Chanting "bs" when they mentioned Rock's injury, crapping all over the Sheamus-Randy Orton match with chants of everyone including Randy Savage, the Fandango thing, etc.

Here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsBOiNAYWtM

I was in NY/NJ for all of it. Wrestlemania was an amazing spectacle in terms of the sheer size of crowd and stage/ring set up. None of the matches were bad, but the results were all predictable. Still was awesome to be there. The whole weekend was ridiculously fun.

Now Raw, on the other hand, wow. I've been going to shows since 1992 and last night was off the hook, probably the best crowd I've ever seen period. Raw was more fun than Wrestlemania. It was like 16,000 smart marks there. Just sensational. I really hope they can keep some momentum but I fear that was the exception to the rule based on how stale the product is.

One other thing...I went to WrestleCon on Sunday afternoon. Lots of former stars there. Some looked good...Scott Steiner, Matt Hardy, RVD, Maryse, Beth Phoenix, DDP, Mickie James, Tony Atlas, Hacksaw, and Lita off the top of my head. Some looked so, so sad...Raven, Brutus Beefcake, Greg Valentine, Bobby Heenan (can't believe he was there), Iron Sheik, and Terri Runnels (wow did she look bad). It was like a scene from "The Wrestler." And then there was Virgil...lonely Virgil in the corner. I don't know what happened to him, nice guy, thought he was teaching in Pittsburgh, but now I see he's showing up in random places selling autographs for $5. Depressing.

I was in NY/NJ for all of it. Wrestlemania was an amazing spectacle in terms of the sheer size of crowd and stage/ring set up. None of the matches were bad, but the results were all predictable. Still was awesome to be there. The whole weekend was ridiculously fun.

Now Raw, on the other hand, wow. I've been going to shows since 1992 and last night was off the hook, probably the best crowd I've ever seen period. Raw was more fun than Wrestlemania. It was like 16,000 smart marks there. Just sensational. I really hope they can keep some momentum but I fear that was the exception to the rule based on how stale the product is.

One other thing...I went to WrestleCon on Sunday afternoon. Lots of former stars there. Some looked good...Scott Steiner, Matt Hardy, RVD, Maryse, Beth Phoenix, DDP, Mickie James, Tony Atlas, Hacksaw, and Lita off the top of my head. Some looked so, so sad...Raven, Brutus Beefcake, Greg Valentine, Bobby Heenan (can't believe he was there), Iron Sheik, and Terri Runnels (wow did she look bad). It was like a scene from "The Wrestler." And then there was Virgil...lonely Virgil in the corner. I don't know what happened to him, nice guy, thought he was teaching in Pittsburgh, but now I see he's showing up in random places selling autographs for $5. Depressing.
http://kayfabecomedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/virgil-wrestling-superstar.jpg

Heard this as well. Thought he was teaching in Pittsburgh also.

I saw Heenan a year (maybe two now?) and you wouldn't even recognize the guy anymore.

And then there was Virgil...lonely Virgil in the corner. I don't know what happened to him, nice guy, thought he was teaching in Pittsburgh, but now I see he's showing up in random places selling autographs for $5. Depressing.

Users who are viewing this thread