What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 New Music Thread (2 Viewers)

The Street Puppets - Qué Pasa

Lisburn, Northern Ireland Alt Rock, Indie Rock band with another fun tune, that is a bit different, but quite memorable.

Friday Pilots Club - Spectator

Chicago Alt Rock band with another absolute banger.

🎶I’m on the edge
I’m exactly where you want me
Exactly where you want me
I’m exactly where you want me to be🎶

Borbón Pink - On Time

Always got to be on time
Always got to be

Always got to tow the line
Always got to be

Can anyone explain to me how Cigarettes After Sex are big enough to be going on a massive arena tour? I don't hate their one song and I hate when people throw around "all their songs sound the same" but truly all their songs sound the same. And they're boring. I saw someone describe them as "horny lullabies" and that's perfect.

Can anyone explain to me how Cigarettes After Sex are big enough to be going on a massive arena tour? I don't hate their one song and I hate when people throw around "all their songs sound the same" but truly all their songs sound the same. And they're boring. I saw someone describe them as "horny lullabies" and that's perfect.

They have 23 million monthly listeners on Spotify although some of that may be a bump from newly released material.

More power to them on the jump from theaters to arenas. Headlining Madison Square Garden is a huge milestone for any artist. Touring large venues is not without risk though. Everything involved with an arena-sized production costs more. If you're going to book large halls, you better be able to fill them to at least 2/3rds capacity.

Never heard of then. Arena tour you say...
Apocalypse is over a billion streams and it was legitimately everywhere for a while I think, it's VERY typical of all their stuff and isn't super exciting or anything. They're like a less energetic Beach House to my ears.

I kind of like the new song they have out today with the tour announcement too, I'm just astonished they're playing such big venues. They're on the Bonnaroo lineup and I didn't really consider seeing them because they're the same day as Red Hot Chili Peppers, IDLES, Brittany Howard, Cage the Elephant, Parcels, Ethel Cain, The Maine and even guys like Sean Paul I think would be a more entertaining show but I actually do like their music, just wondering if there's something special about their live performances or anything like that.

Fantastic RR today!

Cloud nothings, mannequin *****, Bob Vylan, Mourn, Eels... Too many to write..

Bad Nerves are opening for Wine Lips around the corner from me.

I don't have any friends in NYC who would see this.. so I'd have to go solo like I did for Idles/fontaines dc. Tempting

Fantastic RR today!

I don't have any friends in NYC who would see this.. so I'd have to go solo like I did for Idles/fontaines dc. Tempting
I have started taking my daughter to shows that my friends won't go to - it's been a blast! Menzingers/Lucero/The Dirty Nill is on deck!

Fantastic RR today!

I have started taking my daughter to shows that my friends won't go to - it's been a blast! Menzingers/Lucero/The Dirty Nill is on deck!
Love this.

My 16yo son's even a serious musician. But he has the worst possible taste in music.. like if strained everything good from Billie Eilish, and had simpy white dudes sing it with way too much falsetto. He would implode into a globule of disgust seeing awesome garage punk like Wine Lips... And make me miserable

Musogabi - Scared and Bothered

Musogabi is a 22 year old NYC songwriter with a delightful slice of retro 60's pop that is almost perfectly produced. Love his voice.

kind of reminds of Jude

One of my favorite local Chicago bands DEHD has a new album "Poetry" coming out in May.

Last edited:
I don't usually rep Jazz artists on here but I think people here will like the new album from Julian Lage. It has a rootsy feel to it in part because it's produced by the great Joe Henry. Lage's regular ax is a Telecaster which is kind of an anomaly among Jazz guitarists. His playing is technically intricate but still very accessible to non-Jazz audiences.

The Walters - Wishing Well

🎶 I threw a coin in a wishing well
I thought it was free
I bought you a diamond ring that’ll you’ll never get to keep
If love was a feathered wing
I hope you’d see
There’s a whole wide world even if it ain’t with me🎶

Beautiful, wistful and reflective tune from this Chicago Indie Pop band.

Good Kid - Summer

Summer is a few months away, but here is a fun bop from a Toronto Indie Rock band to listen to in the meantime.

I like the debut album from Friko. They're a pair of Indie kids from Chicago who remind me a bit of short-lived 2010s band Girls for their shaky, emotive vocals and the ability to jump from loud and fast to quiet and sensitive.

I like the debut album from Friko. They're a pair of Indie kids from Chicago who remind me a bit of short-lived 2010s band Girls for their shaky, emotive vocals and the ability to jump from loud and fast to quiet and sensitive.

Thanks for posting this. I’m really enjoying this album from the first few listens.

If you can put aside the nepo baby aspect, this is a pretty good song (or maybe I've just been overwhelmed by the sheer number of times it keeps turning up on RR, etc.)

Dan Boeckner from Wolf Parade, Operators, Divine Fits, etc. has a solo album out called Boeckner!. I haven't made it all the way through yet but the first half deserves the exclamation point. He's toned down the synths that dominated Operators' sound; they're still there but they play a supporting role in a more traditional Rock based setting.

I think it's been out for a bit, but just listened to the new Ty Segall, Three Bells. I really like it. Sounds great. Kind of proggy, which is a cool turn.

Hozier - Too Sweet

🎶 I think I'll take my whiskey neat
My coffee black and my bed at three
You're too sweet for me
You're too sweet for me
I take my whiskеy neat
My coffee black and my bed at three
You're too sweet for mе
You're too sweet for me🎶

Giant Rooks - Pink Skies

🎶
I'm lost every time our eyes cross
And I wish you knew
I stayed at the party to get closer to you
I'm lost every time our eyes cross
Singin' "Love Me Do"
Maybe we're just livin' for this moment
Like it's 1962
🎶

Hamm, Germany Indie Rock band formed in 2014.

Public Water Supply - Sex and Violence

Rochester, New York Alt Rock, Indie Rock, Alt Country, Outlaw Country band (although this tune could also be put in the Blues Rock category).

Sorry, Spotify link not yet available.

Ok my music friends, I wanted to share part a tune my son co-wrote (helped with the lyrics and wrote all the music) in a musical theater songwriting class. They were tasked with writing a musical version of the movie "10 things I hate about you" and will have it performed at the end of the school year.

He usually writes simpy overwrought ballads, so I'm finding myself loving this... Been a huge ear worm for me.

Hope you like it...but Let me know your thoughts either way.

Kings Of Leon - Split Screen

🎶 Is this a middle-of-a-life thought?
A revelation on a split screen? 🎶

Beyoncé - Jolene 🤠

Dolly Parton cover and she aces it.

The heads of Country Music purists are predictably exploding as they did with Texas Hold 'Em. 🤯🤯🤯

Anybody using the DJ feature on Spotify, with AI DJ "X" who sounds a lot like Ice T?

I've enjoyed it. Just hit me with a song about his heartfelt appreciation for being my DJ... And April fools yodel.

Anybody using the DJ feature on Spotify, with AI DJ "X" who sounds a lot like Ice T?

I've enjoyed it. Just hit me with a song about his heartfelt appreciation for being my DJ... And April fools yodel.
I can't stand April fools on the internet

P.S. more often than not the DJ is a miss for me.

Users who are viewing this thread