What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 New Music Thread (2 Viewers)

New Vampire Weekend coming soon. 2 singles to release Feb 16th - album in April.

Needs Rostam and his composing. Vampire Weekend won't be the same again. Ezra and the jam band is no real fun to me. Love the intricacy and delicacy of Rostam's contributions.

But thanks for the tip. I'll be on the lookout in case there's a surprise.

I'm a big fan of Together Pangaeas stuff. But their new album... I'm trying to figure it out
UPDATE: I think I liked it? I added to my 2014 list at least. The production, or mastering or something like that seemed off on it though. It was really quiet.

The Last Dinner Party’s debut album Prelude to Ecstasy was #1 in U.K. album sales (for whatever that's worth -- 32,800 units!) last week. They had gotten a lot of buzz since their first single "Nothing Matters" came out last year including some criticism of being an industry plant and announcing a U.S. tour well before their first album even came out.

Overall the album delivers. Exceptionally strong debut. Perhaps a bit too poppy and theatrical for many in the group here although there are certainly influences from London's Windmill post-punk (loosely defined) scene.

The Slates - Come Out And Play

"A summer anthem about having a good time with your mates"

MICHELLE - On The Line

🎶 Oh, I got a question, can you stay on the line
Signals intertwined
Oh, don't have to tell me everything on your mind
Just stay on the line🎶

Dream Pop, Jazz Pop, Indie Pop, Chill, Yacht Rock, from a six piece indie pop collective from NYC.

Last edited:
ESG is back with a documentary and performing again!

I think I saw they're in their 60s now. But I bet still bring it.

Sunnbrella - Have Your Say

Sun bleached Shoegaze from London's David Zbirka aka Sunbrealla

Overpass - Stay Up

🎶 And I remember the time
When you were all mine
When you were all mine
And we could stay up all night🎶

Four-Piece Atl Rock, Indie Rock band hailing from Birmingham, England.

The Avenues - How’s Things With You?

Despite the song title being incorrectly conjugated, this is still a banger from a Hull, England, four-piece Alternative/Indie Rock band.

Ohboyohboyohboy...

Yeah, new IDLES has me jazzed.
And...

Wine Lips (can't wait to listen to this)
Metz
Meat Bodies
PINK MEXICO

The Lutras - In The Mood

Rock And Roll gem from Dumfries Scotland.

Layzi - close 2 u

Layzi is a Boston based pop singer and songwriter with this tune being in the Dream Pop category.

Popclaw - Scandal

Rock duo from two parts of the south east of England. They work remotely and have never met in person. The band wanted a more dirty grunge sound with this song.

Last edited:
Balancing Act - She Plays The Theremin

Insanely catchy and immensely repeatable.

I discovered Money Boys on my release radar this week, they reminded me a bit of Japandroids and Menzingers.... curiosity got the better of me and I looked up where they are from (Australia) and found this gem describing their sound: "If the Menzingers and Idles had a kid and raised it in Australia" :lmao:

So, RIYL Japandroids, Menzingers, Idles and Crocodile Dundee

Balancing Act - She Plays The Theremin

Insanely catchy and immensely repeatable.

I just ran across a snippet of them doing it live.

I discovered Money Boys on my release radar this week, they reminded me a bit of Japandroids and Menzingers.... curiosity got the better of me and I looked up where they are from (Australia) and found this gem describing their sound: "If the Menzingers and Idles had a kid and raised it in Australia" :lmao:

So, RIYL Japandroids, Menzingers, Idles and Crocodile Dundee

Also on my RR this week thankfully... There's another band they remind me of- it'll come to me.

New Pearl Jam single is pretty solid... Dark matter

This was on my RR too... caught me off guard, I really liked it.
Every album or two, they'll put out a banger like this that'll get me to listen to the rest of the album... Always leading to my lack of interest in the rest. I'll refrain this time, unless I start hearing noises about it here.

Giant Rooks - Under Your Wings

🎶You gave it up too many times
Under your wings,
I'm feelin' alright
My heart is racin'
My legs are shakin'
Stay by my side🎶

German indie rock band from Hamm, Germany, formed in 2014. Their vocalist sounds a lot like the lead singer of Friday Pilots Club.

Musogabi - Scared and Bothered

Musogabi is a 22 year old NYC songwriter with a delightful slice of retro 60's pop that is almost perfectly produced. Love his voice.

Jason Derulo – Hands On Me (featuring Meghan Trainor)

Great contemporary soul, dance music reworking of Ben E. King's Stand By Me which has outraged some purists on social media.

Users who are viewing this thread