What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (10 Viewers)

Fantastic opening match. Chicago crowd is hot. Curtis Axel (Son of Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig) NEW Intercontinental Champ.
Wasn't he going by Michael McGillicutty? Did they change his ring name or something? I like the new name better.
No idea. Hybrid name of Curt & Larry "the Axe" Hennig. AJ Lee is hot.
I kinda guessed that that's where the name came from. I always felt the McGillicutty name was holding him back.

It was a much better PPV than it had any right to be. Hell, even the Diva's match was the best one I've seen in years. The only match that kinda bored me was Ambrose/Kane. Ambrose was game, but Kane just didn't seem all there last night.

Did Punk get over? Lots of internet speculation that they were going to turn him. Glad it was a good event.

Did Punk get over? Lots of internet speculation that they were going to turn him. Glad it was a good event.
The crowd was rabid for Punk. He could have shanked the Pope last night and violated his bloody corpse and they still would have cheered. They did start to plant the seeds for a possible turn against Heyman though.

Deranged Hermit said:
It was a much better PPV than it had any right to be. Hell, even the Diva's match was the best one I've seen in years. The only match that kinda bored me was Ambrose/Kane. Ambrose was game, but Kane just didn't seem all there last night.
Top to bottom, it was the best non Mania/Royal Rumble PPV I've seen in quite some time. I NEVER order PPV's other than the 2 mentioned, but I couldn't pass up Punk returning in Chicago. Chris Jericho is also a god. Couldn't have had a better opponent for this scenario. Classic "old school" rasslin' match for about 40 minutes. Just awesome.

Some random thoughts:

-Ambrose is a stud & The Shield gimmick is quickly winning me over.

-Daniel Bryan needs to be pushed big time.

-Ziggler could be this generation's 'Ric Flair'. He's got it all.

-LOVED the Goldberg chants at Ryback

My rasslin "insider" was over for the PPV as well. Don't quote me, but Sting is on his way to WWE and at Wrestlemania 30 will face.....The Undertaker. :o

Deranged Hermit said:
Top to bottom, it was the best non Mania/Royal Rumble PPV I've seen in quite some time. I NEVER order PPV's other than the 2 mentioned, but I couldn't pass up Punk returning in Chicago. Chris Jericho is also a god. Couldn't have had a better opponent for this scenario. Classic "old school" rasslin' match for about 40 minutes. Just awesome.

Some random thoughts:

My rasslin "insider" was over for the PPV as well. Don't quote me, but Sting is on his way to WWE and at Wrestlemania 30 will face.....The Undertaker. :o
15 years ago that might have been epic. Undertaker still can put on a show but not sure about an aged Sting.

Which one is Ambrose? The big one or the one with the two tone hair?

Deranged Hermit said:

Some random thoughts:

15 years ago that might have been epic. Undertaker still can put on a show but not sure about an aged Sting.

None of the above. Big guy=Raines, Two-tone=Rollins, other guy is Ambrose.

Deranged Hermit said:

Some random thoughts:

Flair might be the GOAT when you look at in-ring and out of ring ability. Ziggler would have to keep it up for two or three more generations to even been mentioned in the same sentence with Flair. :lol:

With the increased exposure, number of title changes, etc. I dont think we'll ever see anything like the Nature Boy again. Our flavor of the month society wont allow for anyone to be that popular (or well hated) for long periods of time.

With the increased exposure, number of title changes, etc. I dont think we'll ever see anything like the Nature Boy again. Our flavor of the month society wont allow for anyone to be that popular (or well hated) for long periods of time.
Good point. These days a guy can win the title 5 or 6 times in a 2 year span. Makes Flair's 16 time (?) champion seem watered down using today's standard.

Good point. These days a guy can win the title 5 or 6 times in a 2 year span. Makes Flair's 16 time (?) champion seem watered down using today's standard.
that's why they stopped counting. It got ridiculous and makes the title seem cheap when they say how many times guys have won the title...

Money in the Bank ladder match main eventers:

Christian

Daniel Bryan

Orton

CM Punk

Rob........ :thumbup: .....Van........... :thumbup: ......Dam

Sheamus

Kane

Ordered...

Some random thoughts:

He's the one that looks like Squiggy from Lavern and Shirley. He seems to have a lot of potential.

I love the Daniel Bryan push. He's fun to watch.

Jericho is easily my favorite. He's equally good as a heal and a face. I wish he wasn't the one they always fed to guys like Punk and Ryback...and ugh...Fandango. :rolleyes:

Really not one heel. Weird

Bryan takes it.
Not yet...and agree on Bryan. Really hoping he doesn't turn heel.
Bryan is too over with the crowd right now to turn him heel. Same reason why they turned Punk back; fans love him too much to boo him.
You are absolutely right. That doesn't mean it won't happen though. The McMahons are not known as the beacons of rationality.

On a side note, which may become very related to a possible Cena-Bryan match/feud, which Bella twin is natural and which is "enhanced"?

(FYI, Cena is dating Nikki and Bryan is dating Brie. This is not acknowldeged on WWE TV... yet.)

Am I the only one that thinks Henry goes over Cena at the ppv? Bryan is going to get the strap from Henry, not Cena.

Some random thoughts:

He's the one that looks like Squiggy from Lavern and Shirley. He seems to have a lot of potential.

I love the Daniel Bryan push. He's fun to watch.

Jericho is easily my favorite. He's equally good as a heal and a face. I wish he wasn't the one they always fed to guys like Punk and Ryback...and ugh...Fandango. :rolleyes:
I think Jericho gets all the jobs because he's a pro's pro. He can make anyone look good in the ring. He's been one of my favorites for years. Plus it seems that he is satisfied with a part time schedule. (Royal Rumble through Summerslam)

Am I the only one that thinks Henry goes over Cena at the ppv? Bryan is going to get the strap from Henry, not Cena.
This would make the Henry push make sense. Otherwise, why he is in a PPV main event makes no sense at all.

Unrelated to anything going on in wrestling today - my family has a lake place in Northern Minnesota and Mean Gene Okerlund has a place on the same lake. We ran into him again this past weekend while out to breakfast. He looked healthy which was good to see. There have been times when he didn't look very good.

One of my favorite memories of running into him up there is the first time it happened. I was eating dinner with family at a restaurant and we didn't see him walk in with his family. As we continued to converse I heard his voice - no one else has that voice - and immediately knew who it was. Throughout the entire dinner I just kept hearing him tell stories. The stories themselves weren't even that interesting (not wrestling related) but because it was THAT VOICE it was kind of mesmerizing.

Users who are viewing this thread