What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (9 Viewers)

Does anybody have any recommendations for podcasts?

Live Audio Wrestling is good, I like their reviews of old PPVs and review of RAW. Stone Cold's and Colt Cabana's are decent when they have a good guest.

Wyatt family - Duck Dynasty spoof?
My buddy thinks they are gonna push him as a "Cactus Jack" loon. I also heard he's related to Blackjack Mulligan.
Yes, he's Mike Rotunda's kid, Windham Rotunda:

Rotunda is a third generation professional wrestler; his grandfather Blackjack Mulligan, father Mike Rotunda, and uncles Barry (after whom he was named)[9] and Kendall Windham were all professional wrestlers. He has a younger brother, Taylor Rotunda, who is also a professional wrestler under the name Bo Dallas, and a younger sister, Mika.[7]

My buddy thinks they are gonna push him as a "Cactus Jack" loon. I also heard he's related to Blackjack Mulligan.

Rotunda is a third generation professional wrestler; his grandfather Blackjack Mulligan, father Mike Rotunda, and uncles Barry (after whom he was named)[9] and Kendall Windham were all professional wrestlers. He has a younger brother, Taylor Rotunda, who is also a professional wrestler under the name Bo Dallas, and a younger sister, Mika.[7]
Irwin R Schyster......... :lol:

ETA: Never knew Windham & Rotunda were related. Weren't they a tag team at the 1st Wrestlemania? US Express??

Last edited by a moderator:

He was always better as a member of the Varsity Club. Yes, I grew up in NWA/Mid-Atlantic/Crockette Promotions territory. WWF was all cartoon junk to me. It was still fun to watch, but it was like choosing between Disney or GI Joe.

I assume that Taylor was named after Terry Taylor. Another former member of the Varsity Club. You may remember him as the Red Rooster. Yes, Vince likes to ruin careers.

He was always better as a member of the Varsity Club. Yes, I grew up in NWA/Mid-Atlantic/Crockette Promotions territory. WWF was all cartoon junk to me. It was still fun to watch, but it was like choosing between Disney or GI Joe.

I assume that Taylor was named after Terry Taylor. Another former member of the Varsity Club. You may remember him as the Red Rooster. Yes, Vince likes to ruin careers.
That is what I grew up with too. From Mania 2 on. I loved it all. My earliest memories were watching AWA with my Dad after we got outta work/school. Good times.

Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
Wait, all this hubbub is about the return of Husky Harris? Yeesh. Hope it's a great gimmick.
Check out his mic and ring work in NXT and report back. You'll understand why he's getting big promotion before his call up.

Seems like such an old school gimmick that WWE no longer has.

The Shield is a tough trio to follow, but this Wyatt group looks interesting from their debut promos.

Ball Son Urchin said:
SlaX said:
Interesting. I don't recall any incarnation of The Varsity Club that included Terry Taylor. Funny enough though, I do remember Danny Spivey being in it...Waylon Mercy is the best comparison to Bray Wyatt in my opinion.
Yeah, I don't think Taylor was in the Varsity Club. He might be thinking of the York Foundation that included Taylor and Rotunda as Michael Wallstreet.

Ball Son Urchin said:
SlaX said:
Interesting. I don't recall any incarnation of The Varsity Club that included Terry Taylor. Funny enough though, I do remember Danny Spivey being in it...Waylon Mercy is the best comparison to Bray Wyatt in my opinion.
Yeah, I don't think Taylor was in the Varsity Club. He might be thinking of the York Foundation that included Taylor and Rotunda as Michael Wallstreet.
After I posted this, I realized that Terry Taylor was in the York Foundation with Rotunda (who was going by Michael Wallstreet, prior to his stint as IRS in the WWF). So, yeah, I got this wrong. The years are finally catching up to me.

Wait, all this hubbub is about the return of Husky Harris? Yeesh. Hope it's a great gimmick.
Check out his mic and ring work in NXT and report back. You'll understand why he's getting big promotion before his call up.
Who are the other two guys with him? Are they recycled characters too? I only caught the end of the show and didn't recognize them.

Who are the other two guys with him? Are they recycled characters too? I only caught the end of the show and didn't recognize them.
Both are NXT guys. The black haired guy was Brodie Lee on the indies. Not sure on the other guy.

The WWE is in serious danger of turning Wrestlemania into an event that is primarily for part-time wrestlers. I realize that not all of these are likely to happen, but if we took these rumors seriously Mania could easily feature:

Undertaker

Lesnar

Sting

HHH

The Rock

Stone Cold

A McMahon (if the rumors of McMahon/HHH feud are correct)

That has to be murder on the morale of the guys fighting to make their way out of the mid-card.

The WWE is in serious danger of turning Wrestlemania into an event that is primarily for part-time wrestlers. I realize that not all of these are likely to happen, but if we took these rumors seriously Mania could easily feature:

Undertaker

Lesnar

Sting

HHH

The Rock

Stone Cold

That has to be murder on the morale of the guys fighting to make their way out of the mid-card.
Or a main event guy like CM Punk, who has consistently been in the best storylines of the last two years, but had to watch The Rock (who has wrestled four singles matches in the last two years) get the main event in the last two Manias.

Kane has been taken out of the Money in the Bank All-Stars match. A replacement (if any) has yet to be named.

It was a much better PPV than it had any right to be. Hell, even the Diva's match was the best one I've seen in years. The only match that kinda bored me was Ambrose/Kane. Ambrose was game, but Kane just didn't seem all there last night.
Top to bottom, it was the best non Mania/Royal Rumble PPV I've seen in quite some time. I NEVER order PPV's other than the 2 mentioned, but I couldn't pass up Punk returning in Chicago. Chris Jericho is also a god. Couldn't have had a better opponent for this scenario. Classic "old school" rasslin' match for about 40 minutes. Just awesome.

Some random thoughts:

-Ambrose is a stud & The Shield gimmick is quickly winning me over.

-Daniel Bryan needs to be pushed big time.

-Ziggler could be this generation's 'Ric Flair'. He's got it all.

-LOVED the Goldberg chants at Ryback

My rasslin "insider" was over for the PPV as well. Don't quote me, but Sting is on his way to WWE and at Wrestlemania 30 will face.....The Undertaker. :o
15 years ago that might have been epic. Undertaker still can put on a show but not sure about an aged Sting.

Which one is Ambrose? The big one or the one with the two tone hair?
He's the one that looks like Squiggy from Lavern and Shirley. He seems to have a lot of potential.

I love the Daniel Bryan push. He's fun to watch.

Jericho is easily my favorite. He's equally good as a heal and a face. I wish he wasn't the one they always fed to guys like Punk and Ryback...and ugh...Fandango. Faaaaan. Daaaang. Gooooooo! :rolleyes:
Fixed.

Undertaker

Lesnar

Sting

HHH

The Rock

Stone Cold

Agree to an extent. Taker is still putting on the best and most memorable matches on the cards. Until the guy can't go or doesn't want to, he deserves his place on the card.

I read a comment somewhere that HHH has never been a $$ guy......he has always worked with the $$ guys (whether it be Rock/Austin/HBK/Taker). Wouldn't mind if we never saw him again.

Rock comeback was nice. His matches were garbage and wouldn't mind if he never wrestled again on a Mania card. There's no denying however his presence helped the buyrates.

Say what you want about Sting but the guy can still go when he's committed. And is the best character on TNA (probably says more about TNA than Sting). I wouldn't mind seeing him for a one-time Mania match.

i'd elminate Rock/HHH from the Mania landscape for good. Odds are slim we ever get Austin/Punk. I think the # of part timers are Mania will soon dwindle and I think WWE's in a much much better spot for the upper card now (Ziggler/Bryan/Punk) than they were 3-4 years ago when the freaking Miz was main eventing Mania. Not to mention the Shield where you've got at the least 2 upper card guys in Reigns and Ambrose.

The regular guys aren't compelling enough to carry mania in my opinion. The lack of tag team storylines like in the 80's with the hart foundation and British bulldogs is a big drain.

Undertaker

Lesnar

Sting

HHH

The Rock

Stone Cold

Agree to an extent. Taker is still putting on the best and most memorable matches on the cards. Until the guy can't go or doesn't want to, he deserves his place on the card.

I read a comment somewhere that HHH has never been a $$ guy......he has always worked with the $$ guys (whether it be Rock/Austin/HBK/Taker). Wouldn't mind if we never saw him again.

Rock comeback was nice. His matches were garbage and wouldn't mind if he never wrestled again on a Mania card. There's no denying however his presence helped the buyrates.

Say what you want about Sting but the guy can still go when he's committed. And is the best character on TNA (probably says more about TNA than Sting). I wouldn't mind seeing him for a one-time Mania match.

i'd elminate Rock/HHH from the Mania landscape for good. Odds are slim we ever get Austin/Punk. I think the # of part timers are Mania will soon dwindle and I think WWE's in a much much better spot for the upper card now (Ziggler/Bryan/Punk) than they were 3-4 years ago when the freaking Miz was main eventing Mania. Not to mention the Shield where you've got at the least 2 upper card guys in Reigns and Ambrose.
I'm a big fan of AJ Styles and Samoa Joe, although I admit I haven't seen TNA in almost 2 years, so I they may not even still be there.

The regular guys aren't compelling enough to carry mania in my opinion. The lack of tag team storylines like in the 80's with the hart foundation and British bulldogs is a big drain.
I think they need to dwindle the PPVs down to 4 or 5. (The big four: SummerSlam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble and Mania + maybe one more.) With Raw and Smackdown being as regular as they are, you can easily flesh out minor feuds on the show and keep the more interesting storylines for the PPVs. Maybe bring back Saturday Night's Main Event to replace the PPVs. I'd also recommend putting an emphasis back on house shows, but I think most of the roster prefers things not being as busy as it used to be. But I think that would make up for the lost revenue from the PPV cuts.

Undertaker

Lesnar

Sting

HHH

The Rock

Stone Cold

The Miz is extremely talented. Love the Shield as well. Those 2 you mentioned are studs.

HHH was a god and I miss him. :shrug:

ETA: I would expect a lot of old faces to return for Mania 30. It's gonna be huge regardless,

Philly is hot. The Shield takes out the Uso's in a barn burner.

Crowd chanting "This is awesome" for the pregame match.

Ambrose with a huge reaction.--First MITB match on tap.

Damien Sandow= Awesome

Obligatory showcase of the mexican announce table...

Interesting that they give Orton the MITB considering he has two Wellness strikes on him. Guess he's earned it for being a good boy the past couple years.

Interesting that they give Orton the MITB considering he has two Wellness strikes on him. Guess he's earned it for being a good boy the past couple years.
I thought this was odd, too. My "insider" was telling me he wants to bolt after his contract. :shrug: He is definitely talented, though. The All-Star MITB match was awesome.

Tony Jabroni said:
Brady Marino said:
I thought this was odd, too. My "insider" was telling me he wants to bolt after his contract. :shrug: He is definitely talented, though. The All-Star MITB match was awesome.
I like Orton having the MITB case. He will cash it in most likely pretty quickly, but he will be fun to watch with it for a couple of weeks. Sandow will stretch his out. It will get annoying, but then, I'm not a fan of his character, maybe other are.

Tony Jabroni said:
Brady Marino said:
I like Orton having the MITB case. He will cash it in most likely pretty quickly, but he will be fun to watch with it for a couple of weeks. Sandow will stretch his out. It will get annoying, but then, I'm not a fan of his character, maybe other are.
Interesting. I preferred the Rising Stars MITB match by quite a bit. Orton winning didn't help, and I am eager to see the Sandow-Cody dynamic evolve. Losing the match may turn out to be the best thing to happen to Cody's career.

Tony Jabroni said:
Brady Marino said:
Interesting. I preferred the Rising Stars MITB match by quite a bit. Orton winning didn't help, and I am eager to see the Sandow-Cody dynamic evolve. Losing the match may turn out to be the best thing to happen to Cody's career.
He really brought it last night. Overall a very entertaining PPV.

Rob Van Dam vs Chris Jericho on Monday Night Raw was an amazing main event! Great match! The veterans still got it!

Beginning to end, that was one of the best episodes of Raw in a LONG time. Wyatts, RVD/Y2J and Bryan at the end. I just had a smile on my face.

Users who are viewing this thread