What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (8 Viewers)

corporate Kane. His career is winding down, but he's much more interesting now than his played out gimmick. Didnt last long out there. I'm sure they'll give him one more short run as masked Kane before he calls it quits.

Very few have seen him, but Russev looks pretty impressive. I think WWE Network is going to really help NXT prospects like him (getting constant exposure on their network)

Too bad Pittsburgh's own Kurt Angle is under contract with TNA. He'd get popped outta the building if he entered this.

Last edited by a moderator:
corporate Kane. His career is winding down, but he's much more interesting now than his played out gimmick. Didnt last long out there. I'm sure they'll give him one more short run as masked Kane before he calls it quits.

Very few have seen him, but Russev looks pretty impressive. I think WWE Network is going to really help NXT prospects like him (getting constant exposure on their network)
Isaac Yankem, D.D.S.

Dolph is so over in these major markets it's ridiculous.

I'll never understand why they push Blandy Orton over him nowadays.

And Roman Reigns is going to be megastar if he can talk at all.

LOL Was just getting ready to say JBL....he gave it away.

Edit: Crowd giving him "You still got it" chants after elimination.

Looks like Batista, Rey left. Maybe 1 final surprise entrant.

Hopefully they don't keep Daniel Bryan outta this.

:lmao: What a return by Batista!!! *crickets*

Do they really think the Wrestlemania NO crowd will be different than this?? Abort face Batista. They better have Orton dropping the belt between now and Mania. Batista's best work in his career was as a heel before he left the company.

What a debacle. Batista gets zero reaction in his return. And no Daniel Bryan.

Punk v. Korporate Kane has all the makings of a mediocre match as well. We saw this done better against the Undertaker.

WWE really has something with Reigns. When he turns, he'll be HUGE.

But lets give Johnny Come Lately the Rumble win because we don't ####### know how to book anymore.

WWE really has something with Reigns. When he turns, he'll be HUGE.

But lets give Johnny Come Lately the Rumble win because we don't ####### know how to book anymore.
I was thinking the same thing... dude just walked in last week and now he's headlining Wrestlemania? Damn...

Really was pulling for Reigns though, he's exciting to watch. Knew they didn't have the balls to make him a headliner though.

My favorite part of the whole night was the crowd chanting "THIS IS AWFUL" during the Cena/Orton match... pretty much what I've thought about those two for months.

Orton jobs the belt to Batista before Elimination Chamber. HHH (or someone aligned with him) 'accidently' costs Orton the belt

Elimination Chamber decides who will face champion Batista. Insert underdog Daniel Bryan. Batista turns heel and aligns with HHH between Elimination Chamber & Mania.

Problem solved.

Yeah, it is sad the first match was the best match of the night.

The Rumble was okay, the only thing that saved it for me was my daughters (who honestly could care less about the WWE) counting down and the going "WHO" when someone came in the ring. My 9 year old was waiting for The Rock to come in.

The only surprise of the night was Nash. He looked old, but was in some pretty good shape for his age and life experiences.JBL was frankly a waste of a spot when you have so many options.

Again the roster is just too big right now to sustain any storylines and I know alot will disagree, but Vince's effort to remain PG has sort of limited some of the storylines..I am sure the buy rate on the PPV was high tonight, so there will be little to any changes to storylines because that is all there is. Frankly the crowd reaction to some of the matches has to tell them to change some things..I am wondering if they are going to give Bryan some time off to cool him to allow Batista to take the stage. I can see some sort of post-concussion story line forming since it is so big in sports these days.

What I don't get about giving the Batista the win is (and bless that PGH crowd for rightly popping and tearing this card apart every where it should have been),

but

Why have him come on TV last week? Did he sell ANY PPV's? If he was a surprise entrant, crowd probably would have enjoyed it...

But the predictable nature of his return, well... just a nightmare for their creative I think , no matter what they say.

I was a SLAM DUNK to order this stupid network and now I'm in wait and see mode...

It's possible that Bautista would have gotten a better reception had the 'e' kept his return a surprise until tonight. Once everyone knew he was returning, it was obvious where they were going with it.

Also, I agree with Lance Storm's Tweet about people getting upset that Bryan Danielson wasn't included.

Lance Storm@LanceStormIf you want to send a message Chanting won't do it. Watch only @WWEDanielBryan segments on RAW, turn other segs off. That's a message.

I haven't watched much wrestling in the last ten years, but why is everyone so excited about Sting? I thought his wrestling sucked back in the late 90s. He was all shtick and no skills then. What would be different now that he is 15 years older?

I haven't watched much wrestling in the last ten years, but why is everyone so excited about Sting? I thought his wrestling sucked back in the late 90s. He was all shtick and no skills then. What would be different now that he is 15 years older?
Yeah, the Crow thing pretty much sucked. I always wondered if he was hiding an injury or something.

Seriously, I've always heard he never wanted any part of the WWE. What can Vince offer (besides cash) that Sting could possibly want? Flexible schedule? Perhaps. He's never going to be allowed to win a title and I can't imagine him wanting to put anybody over unless it was Undertaker or someone of that upper tier talent. :shrug:

If you were going to do Sting/Taker at WM, you should have started the build-up months ago.

Is Sting is the last (and only?) big player from NWA/WCW who hasn't come over to the WWE in any capacity? i can't think of any other holdovers.

If I were to book it I would play it up like Rock/Hogan or Rock/Cena as a "once in a lifetime" type match. Have the historical DVDs ready. Reels and reels of highlights of both guys over the years. Sting coming over and giving promos in his current shtick with the business suit, and then slowly move into that Crow character, taking a page from Foley where "Foley can't win the match, but Cactus Jack can" shtick.

20 mins of coming to the ring and then let Taker do his thing and go over.

I thought the Rumble was ok. No one could follow Wyatt/Bryan. That was epic. Disappointed in really no surprises, but I thought the JBL schtick was funny. The Raw after the Rumble is usually pretty good, so I'll be tuning in. Bray Wyatt knocking Cena the F out was awesome. I grossly underrated him, he's a ####### tank.

And if Daniel Bryan is not in the main event at Wrestlemania, they have 0 clue what they are doing.

I thought the Rumble was ok. No one could follow Wyatt/Bryan. That was epic. Disappointed in really no surprises, but I thought the JBL schtick was funny. The Raw after the Rumble is usually pretty good, so I'll be tuning in. Bray Wyatt knocking Cena the F out was awesome. I grossly underrated him, he's a ####### tank.

And if Daniel Bryan is not in the main event at Wrestlemania, they have 0 clue what they are doing.
Wyatts Uncle is Barry Windham.

Wyatts Uncle is Barry Windham.
Dad is Mike Rotundo

Orton jobs the belt to Batista before Elimination Chamber. HHH (or someone aligned with him) 'accidently' costs Orton the belt

Elimination Chamber decides who will face champion Batista. Insert underdog Daniel Bryan. Batista turns heel and aligns with HHH between Elimination Chamber & Mania.

Problem solved.
This!!!

Is Sting is the last (and only?) big player from NWA/WCW who hasn't come over to the WWE in any capacity? i can't think of any other holdovers.
Of the NWA/WCW wrestlers who never went to WWF/E before or after, other than Sting, the biggest names I can think of are Nikita Koloff and Great Muta.

Beyond that, you're talking lucha (La Parka, Konnan) or NWO B-Team (Horace Hogan, Stevie Ray) caliber guys.

Keith R said:
Of the NWA/WCW wrestlers who never went to WWF/E before or after, other than Sting, the biggest names I can think of are Nikita Koloff and Great Muta.

Beyond that, you're talking lucha (La Parka, Konnan) or NWO B-Team (Horace Hogan, Stevie Ray) caliber guys.
Konnan was the original Max Moon.

Users who are viewing this thread