What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (11 Viewers)

Keith R said:
Is Sting is the last (and only?) big player from NWA/WCW who hasn't come over to the WWE in any capacity? i can't think of any other holdovers.
Of the NWA/WCW wrestlers who never went to WWF/E before or after, other than Sting, the biggest names I can think of are Nikita Koloff and Great Muta.

Beyond that, you're talking lucha (La Parka, Konnan) or NWO B-Team (Horace Hogan, Stevie Ray) caliber guys.
I'd thought about telling new people I meet that I wrestled as La Parka.

So Punk vs HHH at Mania

Batista vs Elimination Chamber winner hopefully Lesnar?

Undertaker vs?

Cena and Wyatt shouldn't be Mania just the next couple months

Predictions for Lesnar, Taker, Punk, Cena etc at Mania ?

Keith R said:
Is Sting is the last (and only?) big player from NWA/WCW who hasn't come over to the WWE in any capacity? i can't think of any other holdovers.
Of the NWA/WCW wrestlers who never went to WWF/E before or after, other than Sting, the biggest names I can think of are Nikita Koloff and Great Muta.

Beyond that, you're talking lucha (La Parka, Konnan) or NWO B-Team (Horace Hogan, Stevie Ray) caliber guys.
I'll also add Magnum TA to that list. Unfortunately, due to his accident, he was sidelined for life. He should have been the next star to Hogan. Nikita is certainly a good mention too. I doubt the WWF would have used Muta to his strengths at the time.

Keith R said:

Nikita would have headlined a wrestlemania.... Monster Nikita vs. Hogan Wrestlemania 2? Man oh man that would well beat out Bundy. Nikita had a great look and moveset for a guy his size...I could enjoy his matches more than a warrior or goldberg or ryback to this day

Keith R said:

I'll also add Magnum TA to that list. Unfortunately, due to his accident, he was sidelined for life. He should have been the next star to Hogan. Nikita is certainly a good mention too. I doubt the WWF would have used Muta to his strengths at the time.
Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bof3VOSAKVM

Some mark was real upset Batista won the Royal Rumble.

(If that's the same video as in post 1213, I apologize; YouTube is blocked at work.)

Some mark was real upset Batista won the Royal Rumble.

(If that's the same video as in post 1213, I apologize; YouTube is blocked at work.)
Isn't that the same guy who was upset that The Rock won at RR last year?

(edit: it's not the same video as my post. My post was Magnum and Nikita talking about their feud from the old days.)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're to believe the rags, McMahon demanded massive re-writes yesterday after the Rumble. Raw was supposed to be a series of "win and your in" matches for the Chamber but evolved into what we saw, including the decision to push the Punk/Kane stuff back into next week.

It seems the Punk vs. HHH for Mania is set in stone. As is Taker vs. Lesnar.

I think Cena/Wyatt (likely Langston) vs. the Wyatts was also all set until this last few days. Now it looks like Bryan may be worked into the title picture and Cena will have to team up with someone else (probably Sheamus) to take on the Wyatts. Either way it seems Cena and Punk are solidly out of the title picture until post 'Mania.

Wondering how they'll structure the Reigns babyface turn, I suspect it'll be teased up and through Chamber and then his first solo/face match will be at Mania.

If you're to believe the rags, McMahon demanded massive re-writes yesterday after the Rumble. Raw was supposed to be a series of "win and your in" matches for the Chamber but evolved into what we saw, including the decision to push the Punk/Kane stuff back into next week.

I think Cena/Wyatt (likely Langston) vs. the Wyatts was also all set until this last few days. Now it looks like Bryan may be worked into the title picture and Cena will have to team up with someone else (probably Sheamus) to take on the Wyatts. Either way it seems Cena and Punk are solidly out of the title picture until post 'Mania.

Wondering how they'll structure the Reigns babyface turn, I suspect it'll be teased up and through Chamber and then his first solo/face match will be at Mania.
I thought they would have had the shield implode at Wrestlemania but I guess that doesn't leave Cena much if you did a Shield/Wyatt angle. The card is mess IMO.

I would have gone

Cena-Taker, taker wins

Batista (wins the title at EC) vs Bryan, Bryan goes over

Orton-Lesnar (screwy shenianigans cost the title)

HHH-Punk, who cares

Shield-Wyatts, Shield implodes

I don't think they had any designs on putting Orton's title on the line in EC before Rumble crowd #### all over Orton/Batista.

Think they'd planned for Batista vs. ADR / Orton vs. someone in a short feud where Orton would win at EC. And pitting massive face Batista vs. Orton and link together their past in Evolution. No shot they can throw that match together -- people would #### all over it at Mania.

I think they should still do Orton/Batista on RAW for the belt, with Batista winning. Have Bryan win in EC for the shot & thereafter turn Batista heel vs. face Bryan at Mania. (Champion Batista vs. challenger Bryan draws more interest -- but would be surprised if the reverse happens at Mania with Batista winning the belt)

-----------------

I still think they should have gone with Reigns winning the Rumble. Keep the Shield together through EC (vs Wyatts) and then have Reigns turned over big time when he stands up to HHH. Like HHH or not, they guy knows how to get guys over (Orton/Batista earlier in careers)

I thought they would have had the shield implode at Wrestlemania but I guess that doesn't leave Cena much if you did a Shield/Wyatt angle. The card is mess IMO.

I would have gone

Cena-Taker, taker wins

HHH-Punk, who cares

They aren't going to have Cena wrestle Taker until Taker is ready to retire. Cena will end 'the streak' but not this year.

And I don't think having a heel/heel championship at Mania makes much sense. Fans would hate that.

So I'm kind of interested in ordering this new WWE channel debuting next month. I'll be streaming it through my PS4. What will I be getting for this aside from the free PPVs?

So I'm kind of interested in ordering this new WWE channel debuting next month. I'll be streaming it through my PS4. What will I be getting for this aside from the free PPVs?
Pretty much anything from the massive WWE catalog - ECW, WCW, AWA, WCCW...pretty much anything except today's NWA.

Pretty much anything from the massive WWE catalog - ECW, WCW, AWA, WCCW...pretty much anything except today's NWA.
But it's not on-demand, right? Just part of their scheduled programming?

"This is Awful!!" chants

:lmao:
I thought I caught "We want divas!" in there somewhere, too.

Harsh words.
:lol: Heard that too.

They #### all over Orton & Batista. So much so that I'd be shock if we saw Orton vs. Batista at WM (like they had originally planned)
About that....

Vince McMahon, Triple H and other WWE officials most certainly reacted to the negative crowd reaction at the Royal Rumble on Sunday but the impression was given that this will not change their WrestleMania XXX plans and Batista vs. Randy Orton will still take place. Early word also is that the reaction won't change plans for Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus at WrestleMania.

IIRC, it is on demand.

I was really hoping they would have all Raw and Nitro episodes. I would love to re-live the Monday night wars...

IIRC, it is on demand.
Think Netflix in rasslin' form.

Tony Jabroni said:
Tom Servo said:
OC Zed said:
Tom Servo said:
OC Zed said:
IIRC, it is on demand.
Think Netflix in rasslin' form.
While the PPVs are appealing at 10 bucks a month. I know I will mostly be watching as much old WCCW stuff as they have.

BigJohn said:
I was really hoping they would have all Raw and Nitro episodes. I would love to re-live the Monday night wars...
It's widely believe all of that content will eventually be available. But they have to ramp the subscriber base before committing to that phase of their digital archiving.

Pretty cool. Thanks for the info. It seems worth giving a 6-month trial run.

BigJohn said:
I called WWE and asked, and they won't be having "1 Night in Chyna" on demand either.

Jason Wood said:
Smack Tripper said:
Jason Wood said:

I would have gone

Cena-Taker, taker wins

HHH-Punk, who cares

They aren't going to have Cena wrestle Taker until Taker is ready to retire. Cena will end 'the streak' but not this year.

And I don't think having a heel/heel championship at Mania makes much sense. Fans would hate that.
They have to pull the trigger on this Cena-Taker storyline eventually... giving Cena the win is a waste...I would love to see next 3 or 4 yeas as opponents:

2014 Cena

2015 Bryan or Cena Rematch

2016 Bryan or Reigns

With Reigns ending the streak, assuming he can run with the ball he's being given. There is a young guy who is made with that rub.

My plan is turn Batista heel, since the crowd is already turning him and he's a terrible face, he wins the belt at Elimination Chamber, Bryan beats him at mania.

I suggest this because its speculated that Batista's deal is that he is guaranteed the main event. Probably was supposed to be a coronation as a face but he is a terrible performer at every level and can't deal with the hostile crowd. Guy is a muscle bound dbag with a belly button tattoo. Let him play that to the hilt.

I've read some speculation that Batista's push is tied to his money as well as he appearing in Guardians of the Galaxy this August. So the plan and hope is that he be a face, but if he main events wrestlemania, he's got a great chance of hearing Daniel Bryan chants all through his match with Orton.

Pretty sure the Batista deal has him main eventing Mania and winning the title in it. WTF were they thinking giving him that deal? He's not Rock or Austin. People don't want him ending WM with the belt at this point.

Pretty sure the Batista deal has him main eventing Mania and winning the title in it. WTF were they thinking giving him that deal? He's not Rock or Austin. People don't want him ending WM with the belt at this point.
Why would they unify the belts in a match with no build...if they had a belt to give him they could get out of this

Tom Servo said:
Craig_MiamiFL said:
CBusAlex said:
"This is Awful!!" chants

:lmao:
I thought I caught "We want divas!" in there somewhere, too.

Harsh words.
:lol: Heard that too.

They #### all over Orton & Batista. So much so that I'd be shock if we saw Orton vs. Batista at WM (like they had originally planned)
About that....

Vince McMahon, Triple H and other WWE officials most certainly reacted to the negative crowd reaction at the Royal Rumble on Sunday but the impression was given that this will not change their WrestleMania XXX plans and Batista vs. Randy Orton will still take place. Early word also is that the reaction won't change plans for Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus at WrestleMania.
I guess we'll see.

I still believe there's next to no shot a 1-on-1 match of Orton/Batista occurs at Mania. I could see Bryan winning belt at EC & HHH 'stacking the deck' against him at Mania vs. Orton and Batista in a 3 way.

I see Mania something like:

Orton vs. Batista vs. Bryan

Taker vs. Brock

Punk vs. HHH

Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

Reigns vs. Ambrose vs. Rollins (or keep them together to face Wyatts & find someone else for Cena like Sheamus, scenario I think is less likely)

Tag title match

Maybe Legends match to celebrate 30 years

IC TItle match

And my personal preference:

Pre-show Battle Royal for right to get IC title shot on main card vs. BIg E Langston (they have so many guys on the roster with nothing to do) to drum up any last minute WWE Network subcribers/PPV buys

Is anyone excited for taker-Brock.? Guy has limited matches left why waste a wrestlemania with no drama we know Brock isn't going over. Worst streak match since hhh 2 of 3.

I'm looking forward to Taker / Brock personally. Outside of Cena, I don't think there's better option for Taker.

I do think the whole HHH/Brock feud last year was one of the worst 'big feuds' at the main event level of the last 10 years. The best part and memorable part of it was Stephanie & Heyman in the ring together. The whole ####### feud bored me to tears.

This sucks. Like Wood, Punk is what got me back involved.

Word has come out that CM Punk has left WWE, according to several sources.

CM Punk reportedly told Vince McMahon personally on Monday that he was going home, and then got on a plane for Chicago. WWE.com has since removed Punk from all upcoming live events and house shows over the next few weeks including Monday Night Raw. He is still advertised for the Elimination Chamber PPV on February 23rd in Minneapolis, MN but it remains to be seen how long Punk will be gone for.

He did not appear at Monday night’s Raw, and also didn’t appear at Tuesday’s SmackDown taping in Toledo, Ohio, despite being advertised for the event.

Punk, who worked roughly 50 minutes in the Royal Rumble match was described as “pissy” after the pay-per-view, although that reportedly wouldn’t be an unusual description of Punk’s demeanor backstage.

He tweeted the following message on Monday morning:

Coach ✔ @CMPunk

Follow

Thanks for all the support. Keep being you guys, it's pretty cool.

6:57 PM - 27 Jan 2014

As PWMania.com reported, Punk was scheduled to face Triple H at WrestleMania 30, but as seen on Monday’s Raw, early signs may have been shown that Triple H will be facing Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania instead. No word if the match change is what caused Punk to leave, or if the match was changed because Punk left. According to sources, Bryan vs. Triple H is indeed the new current plan for WrestleMania.

The belief is that Punk leaving is not due to an injury issue. In the past, Punk had been very vocal about “part-time” wrestlers returning to WWE and getting pushed ahead of guys who are there on a nightly basis, and that may be a reason for him being upset. According to reports, Punk’s final goal in WWE was to main event WrestleMania, and with his current contract expiring in July, and it becoming more and more apparent that he would not be main eventing WrestleMania this year, his failure to achieve that goal may be a driving force for his departure.

Punk stated in an interview last week that he doesn’t know if he will re-sign after his contract expires, and that “everything is up in the air.”

All signs indicate that this is not a work. PWMania.com will provide more information as we confirm additional details.

First, let me say that Punk is my favorite wrestler.

But I for one, hope this is true.

He has a point with all the "part-time" wrestlers when you have guys like him & Bryan giving their all for the company 365 days a year.

Users who are viewing this thread