Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, RBM said:

NXT was amazing again. Just the perfect wrestling show for me. That roster is incredible. 

Surreal seeing AJ and the boys working Full Sail. 

Sounds like Finn might be joining the OC too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Scarlett Bordeaux WWE photo (borderline NSFW)

Less clothing needs to happen there.

Also my schedule got changed so now I can watch AEW on Wednesday nights again. I just have to go to bed right away after as I got work at 6AM now on Thursdays but I'm out by noon. Now after the TNF game I need to catch up on everything I've missed the last two weeks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Less clothing needs to happen there.

Any less clothing and she's going to be naked.

  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Sounds like Finn might be joining the OC too 

It's only been teased since his original call-up with the whole "Balor Club" thing.  But I doubt it happens.  I see Balor staying in NXT, probably by choice.  One of his recent interviews made it sound as if going to NXT was his choice.  His heel turn was his choice.  He wants to get back to "who he was" and make it into "who he becomes".  

It'd be interesting if they create some cross-brand faction, where OC and Balor can bounce between brands and do their thing.  Allows them to build it out, but still keep a small faction feel vs a large stable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smackdown has already happened in England, and for news we have:

new tag team champions.  The New Day won the SDL tag belts for the fifth time.

:yawn: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Peak said:

It's only been teased since his original call-up with the whole "Balor Club" thing.  But I doubt it happens.  I see Balor staying in NXT, probably by choice.  One of his recent interviews made it sound as if going to NXT was his choice.  His heel turn was his choice.  He wants to get back to "who he was" and make it into "who he becomes".  

It'd be interesting if they create some cross-brand faction, where OC and Balor can bounce between brands and do their thing.  Allows them to build it out, but still keep a small faction feel vs a large stable.

I know when he was called up initial he didn't want to leave. I've heard some stuff from people there were talks of him joining the OC when he cameback from his little recharge. I know he wanted to go back to the Price Devitt HEEL character or do something similar in WWE because he's more of a heel then face. I know getting the WWE title for him probably won't happen as long as Vince is around because the minute you have the title and get injured he gives you the label of you aren't a reliable champ. Maybe if Balor was bringing in Cena $$$ for him it would change but I know Paul is still a big believer in him. They also need to let him be in the ring and allow him to do what he did in Japan. Not this cookie cutter move set that seems way too safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Smackdown has already happened in England, and for news we have:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

new tag team champions.  The New Day won the SDL tag belts for the fifth time.

:yawn: 

 

Can we break them up already? JFC I'm so sick of them. But I bet Vince is entertained that they can shuck and Jive for him. "That's great ####." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lana is expecting her first child it will be part of the storyline now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Lana is expecting her first child it will be part of the storyline now 

:yucky:

  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taz on the BuyIN!!!!!!! Bea vs Britt to start it off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Justin Roberts looking Spiffy 

Bucks vs Ortiz/Santana 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double A, Great MUTA and Malenko are the judges 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Codi has MJF as his Ring guy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HEEL TURN MJF!!!!! YES YES YES 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dam fan threw a drink at MJF that's REAL HEAT PEEPS 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unsanctioned Light Outs now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moxley wins a brutal battle that saw Mouse traps on a board, a spider web Barbed wire, glass from the glass table, barbed wire bats and broom, and the ring surgically removed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

Dam fan threw a drink at MJF that's REAL HEAT PEEPS 

That was a plant, you mark!  :lmao:

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

That was a plant, you mark!  :lmao:

Dude was apparently thrown out by Security. Thats a pretty good plant if that was part of the shoot too. Looking on Twitter apparently another fan was thrown out for throwing stuff at MJF too 

Edited by DJackson10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol come on man. You think they could think to have a plant throw a drink, but they wouldn't think that it would look even cooler if security then tossed him out??  It's a logical part of the whole setup!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coyote5 said:

Lol come on man. You think they could think to have a plant throw a drink, but they wouldn't think that it would look even cooler if security then tossed him out??  It's a logical part of the whole setup!

Again Theres people saying two fans were kicked out for throwing things. I wouldn't put it passed as a plant but I did have friends attend the show so I'll be talking to them later tonight or tomorrow and I'll ask. They were in the general area of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

HEEL TURN MJF!!!!! YES YES YES 

Is it really a heel turn, though? He continued to run his gimmick even though he hung around Cody and Brandi.  It's just he turned on his "friend".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Is it really a heel turn, though? He continued to run his gimmick even though he hung around Cody and Brandi.  It's just he turned on his "friend".

Yeah. But now it's like MJF completely unleashed. Cody was pretty much the only guy in the company he had a soft spot for, and that kind of limited his character because he still had to retain some decency to him. Now he can unleash the dooshiness on everybody.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, coyote5 said:

Lol come on man. You think they could think to have a plant throw a drink, but they wouldn't think that it would look even cooler if security then tossed him out??  It's a logical part of the whole setup!

They don't want people doing that for real, so they have "security" "throw him out".  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently, Britt Baker :wub: wrestled Bea Priestly with the flu.  Of course, she does the mandible clutch thingamabob as a finisher, so watch to see if Bea catches the flu.  :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Barbed wire

No one actually got hit with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Brad Shepard reports no dates for Lesnar post SS so far. 
 

Also, the E’s firing freeze is over. 

Being The Elite did a parody on the Saudi Plane issue :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 6:44 PM, Tom Servo said:

They don't want people doing that for real, so they have "security" "throw him out".  

I've heard from people in several companies that the Companies are hesitant doing stuff like that anymore do to the nature of the world today plus most can determine if someone is a plant or not. From friends who were there near the action the fan was tackled to the ground. From what they saw it seemed pretty legit and seeing some social media post it looks like that was not a plant at all. 

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Being The Elite did a parody on the Saudi Plane issue :D

"We could be here from 1 to 24 hours."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I've heard from people in several companies that the Companies are hesitant doing stuff like that anymore do to the nature of the world today plus most can determine if someone is a plant or not. From friends who were there near the action the fan was tackled to the ground. From what they saw it seemed pretty legit and seeing some social media post it looks like that was not a plant at all. 

It was a plant. Dude revealed it on Twitter the the next day. Was some wrestler/former wrestler I don't remember, from some small promotion I don't remember. But guy looked just like the guy we saw on camera during the incident.

Edited by ShamrockPride
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShamrockPride said:

It was a plant. Dude revealed it on Twitter the the next day. Was some wrestler/former wrestler I don't remember, from some small promotion I don't remember. But guy looked just like the guy we saw on camera during the incident.

:lmao: :lmao: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for you guys, idk maybe I've been listening to too much Cornette lol, but does anybody else want Excalibur to take off that dopey mask? I'm getting tired of staring at that thing every week...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Here is an article

And his Twitter

I don't see a tweet of him admitting it though. Maybe I missed the tweet but quick skim gives me nothing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DJackson10 said:

I don't see a tweet of him admitting it though. Maybe I missed the tweet but quick skim gives me nothing 

True, I also just read apparently Tony Khan himself approached him after the incident at some point as well, which you'd figure would be odd if it was any Joe Schmo. I don't know if there's any camera footage of that happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShamrockPride said:

Question for you guys, idk maybe I've been listening to too much Cornette lol, but does anybody else want Excalibur to take off that dopey mask? I'm getting tired of staring at that thing every week...

You're listening to Corentte too much. I would like him to tone down him over announcing moves like it's a huge part of the match. Didn't mind a few spots that needed it in Full gear but he goes over the top especially a PileDriver 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ShamrockPride said:

True, I also just read apparently Tony Khan himself approached him after the incident at some point as well, which you'd figure would be odd if it was any Joe Schmo. I don't know if there's any camera footage of that happening.

The guy could be BS'ing to get some clout and his name out there. He's 21 I've never heard of him till now. Also like I said talking to a few people in different companies its not something companies want to do themselves and enable such behavior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breaking News: CM PUNK HAS RETURNED!!!!! He was revealed on WWE Backstage and said he'll be there next week 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also Breaking News: The Miz and Paige sign new multi-year contracts to stay with WWE according to WWE Backstage 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As awesome as the Moxley Omega match was, they had one unindented oops I think.  For 6 weeks the announcers have driven home the point that "the apron of the ring is the hardest part, there is no padding there!"  everytime someone does a move outside the ropes.  Since I have never watched a ring get built I just went with it, suspension of disbelief, and assumed there was actually less or no padding there.   Then Moxley goes and takes apart the ring to expose the boards and shows that yes, there actually is the same padding that goes all the way to the edge of the boards.    They should have rigged it so that one corner was missing padding (and all the wrestlers just avoided it), or somehow adhered that padding so it was attached to the underside of the mat so it pulled up and away easier.  Something so we weren't shown a completely padded corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UOFI_316 said:

As awesome as the Moxley Omega match was, they had one unindented oops I think.  For 6 weeks the announcers have driven home the point that "the apron of the ring is the hardest part, there is no padding there!"  everytime someone does a move outside the ropes.  Since I have never watched a ring get built I just went with it, suspension of disbelief, and assumed there was actually less or no padding there.   Then Moxley goes and takes apart the ring to expose the boards and shows that yes, there actually is the same padding that goes all the way to the edge of the boards.    They should have rigged it so that one corner was missing padding (and all the wrestlers just avoided it), or somehow adhered that padding so it was attached to the underside of the mat so it pulled up and away easier.  Something so we weren't shown a completely padded corner.

Actually they are right. Theres more give in the Center because of the springs. The outer edge is harder as there is no give and it's fairly solid. It's like a base. Think of it as a trapoline. Harder spots are too the edge 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoke to a source last night who said Punk was suppose to be introduced for Backstage premiere of SDLIVE on FOX however do to small issues in the contract plus Phil's prior commitments he wouldn't be able to start until the following month. Source says doesn't see him wrestling anytime soon and he's a FOX EMPLOYEE NOT WWE. For Punk to wrestle he'd have to be paid huge money from WWE plus he'd want something similar to Brocks deal where he shows up when he wants on his time. WWE Okayed the deal as they wanted to keep him away from AEW. There were talks with AEW but for what ever reason they died down. Said the talks were very friendly with them. Also said if Punk ever wrestles in WWE its not gonna be for some BS or goofy ####. It's gonna be Main eventing one of the big 4 PPVs. 

Punk also did the interview for FOX and audition as the talent person in WWE working with Fox to bring people in is someone Punk is still friends with and trusts. If the Interview was strictly VKM and Paul he'd have not done it. Plus FOX is hiring him so he's technically not working for WWE 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

26 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Actually they are right. Theres more give in the Center because of the springs. The outer edge is harder as there is no give and it's fairly solid. It's like a base. Think of it as a trapoline. Harder spots are too the edge 

I understand that, but unless I imagined it, they have mentioned the lack of padding around the edges.

 

18 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Also said if Punk ever wrestles in WWE its not gonna be for some BS or goofy ####. It's gonna be Main eventing one of the big 4 PPVs. 

 

So he is now exactly what his pipe bomb was about, a part timer who gets to just show up and headline a PPV when the people working every day get passed over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.