Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

I caught the end of AEW last night when flipping around during commercials of the Blues game and was surprised at how much weight Jericho has put on. Wonder if he can’t do the code breaker anymore and that’s why he changed his (pinfall) finisher. 

4 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I caught the end of AEW last night when flipping around during commercials of the Blues game and was surprised at how much weight Jericho has put on. Wonder if he can’t do the code breaker anymore and that’s why he changed his (pinfall) finisher. 

He uses it now for near falls.

Speaking of which, he'll probably bust it out when he faces HIROSHI TANAHASHI AT THE TOKYO DOME. :excited:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Not that the match needed it, but Cody's added stipulation to Saturday's title match really adds some intrigue. To those that didn't catch Cody's barnburner babyface promo last night, he stated if he lost against Jericho he would "never challenge for the AEW Championship again."

Personally, I had been thinking Jericho should keep the title until at least the May show, and possibly even until Chicago next September, but these types of storylines have me less concerned about "what's best for business" and just has me captured by the story they are telling. It's such a refreshing change to watching wrestling programming.

Edited by hagmania
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, hagmania said:

Not that the match needed it, but Cody's added stipulation to Saturday's title match really adds some intrigue. To those that didn't catch Cody's barnburner babyface promo last night, he stated if he lost against Jericho he would "never challenge for the AEW Championship again."

Personally, I had been thinking Jericho should keep the title until at least the May show, and possibly even until Chicago next September, but these types of storylines have me less concerned about "what's best for business" and just has me captured by the story they are telling. It's such a refreshing change to watching wrestling programming.

I'm not sure that Cody needs the belt as over as he is; I'm sure that has factored into the program here.

Just now, Tom Servo said:

I'm not sure that Cody needs the belt as over as he is; I'm sure that has factored into the program here.

Right, and normally I would go through the calculus here. But more often than not I find myself stopping all that and just enjoying what is set before me. Very refreshing indeed.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

My guess is he can easily walk back the "no more title challenges" commitment at any point with a heel turn as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

It's kinda sad.  He did a drop kick from the ropes last night that looked terrible.  

• Thanks 1

NXT was amazing again. Just the perfect wrestling show for me. That roster is incredible. 

Surreal seeing AJ and the boys working Full Sail. 

3 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Jericho's finishing move now is a reverse elbow off just a regular toss into the ropes?  okay.  I guess he does have a lot of extra weight he can throw into it.  But seems pretty tame.  Still more devastating than Cena's move.  

Yeah this was my first thought when I saw him hit it on Hangman at All Out. Then he just pinned him for the 3 count. Me, never having seen it before was like.... that's it, it's over?

9 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Yeah this was my first thought when I saw him hit it on Hangman at All Out. Then he just pinned him for the 3 count. Me, never having seen it before was like.... that's it, it's over?

He used it at Double or Nothing for the first time when he beat Kenny. Agreed it does not look impressive.

14 minutes ago, RBM said:

NXT was amazing again. Just the perfect wrestling show for me. That roster is incredible. 

I keep trying to find time for NXT and fail to squeeze it in.

7 hours ago, RBM said:

Sounds like Finn might be joining the OC too 

3 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Scarlett Bordeaux WWE photo (borderline NSFW)

Less clothing needs to happen there.

Also my schedule got changed so now I can watch AEW on Wednesday nights again. I just have to go to bed right away after as I got work at 6AM now on Thursdays but I'm out by noon. Now after the TNF game I need to catch up on everything I've missed the last two weeks 

8 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Less clothing needs to happen there.

Any less clothing and she's going to be naked.

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

11 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Sounds like Finn might be joining the OC too 

It's only been teased since his original call-up with the whole "Balor Club" thing.  But I doubt it happens.  I see Balor staying in NXT, probably by choice.  One of his recent interviews made it sound as if going to NXT was his choice.  His heel turn was his choice.  He wants to get back to "who he was" and make it into "who he becomes".  

It'd be interesting if they create some cross-brand faction, where OC and Balor can bounce between brands and do their thing.  Allows them to build it out, but still keep a small faction feel vs a large stable.

Smackdown has already happened in England, and for news we have:

new tag team champions.  The New Day won the SDL tag belts for the fifth time.

:yawn: 

11 hours ago, Peak said:

It's only been teased since his original call-up with the whole "Balor Club" thing.  But I doubt it happens.  I see Balor staying in NXT, probably by choice.  One of his recent interviews made it sound as if going to NXT was his choice.  His heel turn was his choice.  He wants to get back to "who he was" and make it into "who he becomes".  

It'd be interesting if they create some cross-brand faction, where OC and Balor can bounce between brands and do their thing.  Allows them to build it out, but still keep a small faction feel vs a large stable.

I know when he was called up initial he didn't want to leave. I've heard some stuff from people there were talks of him joining the OC when he cameback from his little recharge. I know he wanted to go back to the Price Devitt HEEL character or do something similar in WWE because he's more of a heel then face. I know getting the WWE title for him probably won't happen as long as Vince is around because the minute you have the title and get injured he gives you the label of you aren't a reliable champ. Maybe if Balor was bringing in Cena $$$ for him it would change but I know Paul is still a big believer in him. They also need to let him be in the ring and allow him to do what he did in Japan. Not this cookie cutter move set that seems way too safe. 

7 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Smackdown has already happened in England, and for news we have:

Reveal hidden contents

new tag team champions.  The New Day won the SDL tag belts for the fifth time.

:yawn: 

Can we break them up already? JFC I'm so sick of them. But I bet Vince is entertained that they can shuck and Jive for him. "That's great ####." 

Lana is expecting her first child it will be part of the storyline now 

10 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Lana is expecting her first child it will be part of the storyline now 

:yucky:

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Taz on the BuyIN!!!!!!! Bea vs Britt to start it off 

Justin Roberts looking Spiffy 

Bucks vs Ortiz/Santana 

Double A, Great MUTA and Malenko are the judges 

Codi has MJF as his Ring guy 

HEEL TURN MJF!!!!! YES YES YES 

Dam fan threw a drink at MJF that's REAL HEAT PEEPS 

Unsanctioned Light Outs now 

Moxley wins a brutal battle that saw Mouse traps on a board, a spider web Barbed wire, glass from the glass table, barbed wire bats and broom, and the ring surgically removed 

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

Dam fan threw a drink at MJF that's REAL HEAT PEEPS 

That was a plant, you mark!  :lmao:

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, coyote5 said:

That was a plant, you mark!  :lmao:

Dude was apparently thrown out by Security. Thats a pretty good plant if that was part of the shoot too. Looking on Twitter apparently another fan was thrown out for throwing stuff at MJF too 

Edited by DJackson10

Lol come on man. You think they could think to have a plant throw a drink, but they wouldn't think that it would look even cooler if security then tossed him out??  It's a logical part of the whole setup!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coyote5 said:

Lol come on man. You think they could think to have a plant throw a drink, but they wouldn't think that it would look even cooler if security then tossed him out??  It's a logical part of the whole setup!

Again Theres people saying two fans were kicked out for throwing things. I wouldn't put it passed as a plant but I did have friends attend the show so I'll be talking to them later tonight or tomorrow and I'll ask. They were in the general area of that. 

9 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

HEEL TURN MJF!!!!! YES YES YES 

Is it really a heel turn, though? He continued to run his gimmick even though he hung around Cody and Brandi.  It's just he turned on his "friend".

8 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Is it really a heel turn, though? He continued to run his gimmick even though he hung around Cody and Brandi.  It's just he turned on his "friend".

Yeah. But now it's like MJF completely unleashed. Cody was pretty much the only guy in the company he had a soft spot for, and that kind of limited his character because he still had to retain some decency to him. Now he can unleash the dooshiness on everybody.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, coyote5 said:

They don't want people doing that for real, so they have "security" "throw him out".  

• Like 1

Apparently, Britt Baker :wub: wrestled Bea Priestly with the flu.  Of course, she does the mandible clutch thingamabob as a finisher, so watch to see if Bea catches the flu.  :lol:

19 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Barbed wire

No one actually got hit with it?

4 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Brad Shepard reports no dates for Lesnar post SS so far. 

Also, the E’s firing freeze is over. 

Being The Elite did a parody on the Saudi Plane issue :D

On 11/10/2019 at 6:44 PM, Tom Servo said:

They don't want people doing that for real, so they have "security" "throw him out".  

I've heard from people in several companies that the Companies are hesitant doing stuff like that anymore do to the nature of the world today plus most can determine if someone is a plant or not. From friends who were there near the action the fan was tackled to the ground. From what they saw it seemed pretty legit and seeing some social media post it looks like that was not a plant at all. 

• Laughing 1

11 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Being The Elite did a parody on the Saudi Plane issue :D

"We could be here from 1 to 24 hours."

20 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I've heard from people in several companies that the Companies are hesitant doing stuff like that anymore do to the nature of the world today plus most can determine if someone is a plant or not. From friends who were there near the action the fan was tackled to the ground. From what they saw it seemed pretty legit and seeing some social media post it looks like that was not a plant at all. 

It was a plant. Dude revealed it on Twitter the the next day. Was some wrestler/former wrestler I don't remember, from some small promotion I don't remember. But guy looked just like the guy we saw on camera during the incident.

Edited by ShamrockPride
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, ShamrockPride said:

It was a plant. Dude revealed it on Twitter the the next day. Was some wrestler/former wrestler I don't remember, from some small promotion I don't remember. But guy looked just like the guy we saw on camera during the incident.

:lmao: :lmao: