What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (11 Viewers)

Craig_MiamiFL said:
All their shlt is piped in. Not a single ####lng regular is over. They've successfully made their brand the only thing that matters. Congrats?  :lol:  

Seth Rollins and the Bellas were always the funniest to me. You'd think the place was going nuts as they come out. Yet you never see a single person clapping/yelling/celebrating.
Maybe the E marks have standards, after all...

Mr. Tito has thoughts on WM being possibly cancelled

If the WWE cancels Wrestlemania, then what about their RAW/Smackdown and other Pay Per Views. I’d suggest House shows, but the WWE is starting to cancel them due to LOW ATTENDANCE. If the WWE cancels Wrestlemania but doesn’t cancel other events, what happens to WWE’s liability if someone happens to catch the virus at a future show? Do you see what kind of insanity could roll down the hill?

But let me make a BIG PREDICTION right now: The WWE will blame the Coronavirus on LOWER attendance within their 2020 Quarterly Financial Statements.

Forget that the WWE product SUCKS and their Management cannot put together good Storylines or push Wrestlers properly… Forget that Vince McMahon is out of touch and thinning himself out by trying to start another football league. Forget that Triple H has yet to develop a legitimate Main Eventer from NXT that can draw. Forget that the Creative Team is full of yes-men from Hollywood or Family members who lack the BALLS to disagree with Vince.

Even BEFORE the Coronavirus was dominating our Evening News, the WWE was (a) beginning to cancel House shows due to LOW ATTENDANCE and (b) tarping off more than half of the arenas for Television due to LOW ATTENDANCE. Those are legitimate facts but WWE’s 10-Q and 10-K Financial Statements will blame lower attendance on this virus. No, what it should blame low attendance, along with lower television viewership, declining merchandise sales, and now reduced WWE Network subscribers on is the McMahon Virus that has infected Pro Wrestling since March 2001 when competition was officially eliminated for good. Seriously, having Stephanie McMahon as your Creative Team leader from late 2000 through late 2013? Shane McMahon acting like a Backyard Wrestler and other wrestlers have to sell for him? Vince’s Creative ideas since placing the nail in WCW’s coffin have wildly inconsistent and at often times, lazy. The result is a smaller Television audience and fewer attending WWE shows…

Many wrestling fans quit the WWE due to being infected with the McMahon Virus that causes boredom, frustration, and being baffled at the wrong wrestlers pushed!

I said this somewhere else and was gonna post it that they'd blame low "Mania attendance on the virus. In part that could be true but like he said attendance was already going down. Disappointed he doesn't address the cancelation though as a whole. In terms what would make them cancel Mania plus other shows. 

Honestly this whole Virus is blown out of proportion. Someone in their early 30s like me and up to 49 and as low as teens who are completely healthy do not have to worry about this. Compared to SARS which was a level 4 this is a level 2 virus and a 97/7% success rate of going away in people of those ages. 50 and older is where you worry along with younger kids and infants but thats always normal along with people dealing with illness and weak immunes systems like Cancer and such. The Virus is being blown up to be worse then it really is. Now I'm not saying book a cruise for Europe within the next week or travel to China/Italy/Middle East etc for a trip but people need to get their #### together and stop over worrying. My store a long with other retailers cannot keep up with the supply/demand of lysol and rubbing alcohol. Do your normal health checks and hand washing and you should be fine. 

Heavy Machinery were my MVPs of the PPV last night. That move off the pod by Tucker did not get nearly enough love last night. If that happens on AEW, twitter melts down. And Otis is as over this side of OC and that move through the pod will be replayed on the network from here on out.

I said this somewhere else and was gonna post it that they'd blame low "Mania attendance on the virus. In part that could be true but like he said attendance was already going down. Disappointed he doesn't address the cancelation though as a whole. In terms what would make them cancel Mania plus other shows. 

Honestly this whole Virus is blown out of proportion. Someone in their early 30s like me and up to 49 and as low as teens who are completely healthy do not have to worry about this. Compared to SARS which was a level 4 this is a level 2 virus and a 97/7% success rate of going away in people of those ages. 50 and older is where you worry along with younger kids and infants but thats always normal along with people dealing with illness and weak immunes systems like Cancer and such. The Virus is being blown up to be worse then it really is. Now I'm not saying book a cruise for Europe within the next week or travel to China/Italy/Middle East etc for a trip but people need to get their #### together and stop over worrying. My store a long with other retailers cannot keep up with the supply/demand of lysol and rubbing alcohol. Do your normal health checks and hand washing and you should be fine. 
Indy wrestler Lady Frost was cancelled from an upcoming booking in IIRC Maine.  The promoter stated that out-of-state wrestlers were not invited.  Now she's lost a two-day booking the weekend after this coming one.  Presumably, this would include her husband The Savage Gentleman as well.  IMO, that's just ridiculous and WAY beyond the pale and totally out of proportion.

Heavy Machinery were my MVPs of the PPV last night. That move off the pod by Tucker did not get nearly enough love last night. If that happens on AEW, twitter melts down. And Otis is as over this side of OC and that move through the pod will be replayed on the network from here on out.
They'd have to be watching to care. 😉

I shouldn't be so snarky. It is the truth though that a lot of people have decided it is easier to get their fill of great wrestling from <50 hours of programming (AEW) in a quarter, compared to sifting for gold over 100 hours (WWE) in the same time period.

I shouldn't be so snarky. It is the truth though that a lot of people have decided it is easier to get their fill of great wrestling from <50 hours of programming (AEW) in a quarter, compared to sifting for gold over 100 hours (WWE) in the same time period.
Especially when the E stuff is the same matches over and over and over again.

Especially when the E stuff is the same matches over and over and over again.
There's great stuff out there among all companies. WWE has the reach. AEW is the best curator of content for most American fans imo. NJPW's tournaments and big shows are incredibly compelling. Plenty of other shows out there for everyone, lots of options to spend one's time.

hagmania said:
Helps when WWE has the same storylines and rehashes the shame matches over and over again. I don't mind bringing a legend in here and there to help put some rub on a guy or bury someone who was out of line but they are over doing it with it. Why waste over 100hrs to maybe be entertained for less then an 4 hrs (NXT and UK really only thing worth watching) when you can spend 3xs less watching a better newer product and with newer wrestlers fans have never seen or heard of before? How many people outside of ROH or NJPW knew who the Elite were or Even Best Friends or SCU? How many until the past few months knew Luke Perry's Son was a wrestler (I didn't)? How many people in WWE knew the real Jon Moxley (I refuse to use that corny name The E gave him)? Seeing Moxley back in CZW form is amazing for me mostly because I've been watching this guy since he got there. I was real excited when WWE got him but really disappointed at the end results. He was a joke in WWE 

NJPW has cancelled the rest of the Super J Cup for March. Safety of staff, talent fans and people as well as the health was their main concern. They will continue to dish out small content to make up for it on NJPWWORLD 

WWE held talks with the city of Tampa over Mania. There's talks the city will withdrawals WWE permits if WWE doesn't listen. That should be a lot of fun 

The worst part of the Gronk signing is he is going to want to strap a rocket to Mojo Rawley as well.
His whole mirror thing at first was interesting but yeah. Mojo doesn't do much for me. I feel like he'd have been a perfect character in The Atttitude ERA character wise. The party guy who acts like an absolute ######## and hits on the divas would've worked back then. Not saying he'd be a star but I feel his character would've worked better then 

Even though he looked ridiculously strong once he took 'roids to the next level, Steiner's Big Poppa Pump gimmick was hysterical.  When he had Buff Bagwell as his sidekick, that was comedy gold.  And the Frankensteiner was still one of the most amazing wrestling moves ever.  The fact that a guy that big and strong was able to execute that move in the early 90's was crazy. 
Steiner math was really funny too 

Wrestlemania is on for now.

There have been numerous changes to sporting events and large gatherings across the world, with some events and competitions moving forward without crowds, and some being nixed altogether, including South By Southwest and Coachella. As noted, Tampa city officials will join Tampa Mayor Jane Castor on Thursday to discuss canceling or postponing major events in the city due to the virus. WrestleMania 36 will surely be one of the events discussed at Thursday's meeting. WrestleMania 36 is scheduled for April 5 at Raymond James Stadium, but fans from around the world will fly into the city earlier in the week for numerous WWE and non-WWE wrestling events.
You have to wonder if WM gets cancelled what effect that has on ancillary events and cards held around that time.  I could see these shows either cancelling or going forward and doing gangbusters as money that would've gone for parking, food, T-shirts, etc. now goes into the hands of indy promoters.  Wouldn't that grind Vince's gears? :lol:

All their shlt is piped in. Not a single ####lng regular is over. They've successfully made their brand the only thing that matters. Congrats?  :lol:  

Seth Rollins and the Bellas were always the funniest to me. You'd think the place was going nuts as they come out. Yet you never see a single person clapping/yelling/celebrating.
Meanwhile you had the wide sweeping shot from the skycam of literally the entire crowd jumping to their feet when Mox pinned Jericho at Revolution.

Funny I said this and just 2nights ago SRS did the same to Brad Sheppard on the Scott Steiner report. This guy loves stealing peoples stories. And when you ask him to credit the initial report he blocks you 
And now the dude steals Satins report he reported on a WWE show on TV. This guy is a dam riot.

I subscribed to his/Fightful's patreon based on your recommendation . Good stuff. 
You can find a lot of that info for free elsewhere, its not stolen and by better human beings. I know someone who use to work for them and they basically fired him after he missed some major time during mania season a few yrs ago. Had a note and everything and told him sorry. Thought about lawyering up and taking them to court but unfortunately the lawyer who looked over the case said he didn't have enough substantial evidence and advised him not to pursue a case. That and he was already in debt with hospital bills for his kid. He said he was good friends with SRS but even after telling SRS about his son who he knew about had health issue the dude basically blew him off and acted like he never knew him. 

Like I've said SRS is a fraud and will one day be exposed for his true colors. May not happen in the next month or next year but it will happen. I don't agree with everything guys like Satin and Brad Sheppard say but I've met both before and are cool people. I've gone up to Satin and be like "hey remember that twitter debate on such and such you had with that guy a few months ago? Yeah that was me it's nice to meet ya." Ryan would say "hey cool nice to meet you too I disagree with you and twitter only lets you get points across so much but let me explain my stance in more detail here." We'd then go over more in detail what we disagreed with and that would be that. Meanwhile I've seen SRS blow off his own fans who suck him off daily like he doesn't have the time of day and his #### don't stink. FYI thats the type of guy you are giving your money too. A guy who doesn't have the time of day for his fans in person and always tells everyone "no no no, I don't want to be part of the business." yet I've seen him promoted for Indy matches and everything. 

Not trying to tell you how to spend your money. Thats your choice, but I'm just letting you know the type of company and guy you are giving your hard earned bread too. I'll just leave ya with he's not the type of guy I'd support at all. 

Wrestlemania is on for now.

You have to wonder if WM gets cancelled what effect that has on ancillary events and cards held around that time.  I could see these shows either cancelling or going forward and doing gangbusters as money that would've gone for parking, food, T-shirts, etc. now goes into the hands of indy promoters.  Wouldn't that grind Vince's gears? :lol:
Yeah that would be awesome but guess what? If you are anywhere in Europe besides the UK planning to come to Tampa for the Event you are SOL because there is now a 30 day travel ban from the US to all of Europe besides the UK. This might really put a kink in Mania plans. I'm wondering if they don't cancel it maybe the move Mania back a week or so? I just found out WWE is suppose to have a Takeover in Dublin, Ireland at the end of the month so not sure what happens there. Kind of hard to push everything back with arenas booked. I guess it depends what happens with the NBA/NHL seasons if they move forward eventually or not. 

Was talking to a source and remember when I said WWE was taking precautions European tour might not happen? Well guess what it's not. Also with the travel ban source speculates Wrestlemania postponed

wwe European tour is now done with Trump’s ban. Wrestlemania travel from overseas is now done. Wrestlemania will be postponed folks

Source also said if Vince doesn't make the call on Mania Tampa themselves or even FL Gov will make it for him. No exceptions 

Yeah that would be awesome but guess what? If you are anywhere in Europe besides the UK planning to come to Tampa for the Event you are SOL because there is now a 30 day travel ban from the US to all of Europe besides the UK. This might really put a kink in Mania plans. I'm wondering if they don't cancel it maybe the move Mania back a week or so? I just found out WWE is suppose to have a Takeover in Dublin, Ireland at the end of the month so not sure what happens there. Kind of hard to push everything back with arenas booked. I guess it depends what happens with the NBA/NHL seasons if they move forward eventually or not. 
That's the key here.  SF banned all gatherings of IIRC 500 people.  If Tampa does the same thing, it's game over.  Maybe Vince can have WM at the Performance Center too.  :lmao:

Tampa kicks the can down the road on a decision for a week.

During today’s meeting with Tampa Bay City officials, it was revealed that the city government would “re-evaluate” their plans for WrestleMania 36 in one week from now. So basically, they are postponing the official announcement on whether the show will be move forward for now. They confirmed that they’ve been speaking with WWE officials in recent days. The commissioner also seemed to think WWE had a press conference earlier today but that is not the case.

When Sheriff Chad Chronister asked the panel directly about possibly canceling or postponing WrestleMania 36, the commissioner noted that because the event is still several weeks away, he doesn’t want to “pull that plug” just yet and will give it another week before making a decision. They will return next Thursday at 1:30PM EST to discuss WrestleMania 36.

With that being said, major events in Tampa, FL this weekend have been cancelled. It should also be noted that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is recommending that all mass gatherings in the state of Florida in the next 30 days should be postponed or canceled. He’s also canceling all non-essential travel by state employees and telling them to work remotely if they can.

SRS reporting this week's Smackdown will be broadcast from the performance center
As SRS previously reported via his premium subscription insider service earlier this week and now subsequently confirmed by WWE, this week's Smackdown will be broadcast from the performance center.

"Friday Night SmackDown on March 13 will air live as regularly scheduled and emanate from WWE's training facility in Orlando, Florida with only essential personnel in attendance. The event was originally scheduled in Detroit, Michigan,"

Last edited by a moderator:
RoH shows in Vegas canceled

Dear ROH Family,

After much consideration and consultation with local officials regarding COVID-19, ROH has decided to cancel this weekend’s 18th Anniversary (Friday, March 13th) and Past vs Present (Saturday, March 14th) shows at Sam’s Town Live in Las Vegas.

This extremely difficult decision was made in conjunction with the most recent developments surrounding COVID-19, known as the Coronavirus.

While the marquee “18th Anniversary” and the very special “Past v Present” events were ready to show the world why Ring of Honor is truly the “Best Professional Wrestling on the Planet,” the safety and health of our fans, talents and staff are always our utmost priority.

Additional Information will be provided as soon as possible regarding refunds and potential rescheduling of the events that were set to transpire this weekend. 

Once again, thank you for understanding and we truly appreciate your continued patronage and support.
Brian Shepard is reporting that NWA's Crockett Cup has sold about 1000 tickets for a 5000 seat arena.  Lagana and Corrigan haven't commented on this to my knowledge.

The dominoes keep falling... :sadbanana:

NWA's Crockett Cup has sold about 1000 tickets for a 5000 seat arena.  
Unfortunate timing for them. First time they've ventured out of their studio and easily could have had their audience or even empty crowd show there. I'd guess it holds 250-500 people.

They wholly overplayed the impact of this Marty Scurll midget. Tickets weren't selling. Went on sale back in Feb. Almost like they started listening to some neckbeard tell them "this guy is a star"....ROH paid him a lot of money!! He's gotta be a star then!!!" :lmao:   Doesn't fit their product at all. And their audience doesn't give 2 shlts about the guy. We saw him in the 2000's as "Jamie Noble". Wasn't a draw then. Not a draw now.

They did jack up their pricing for this event. A few days ago you could tell the tickets weren't selling as they started running a 4 tix/$100 special. Even the iPPV price doubled to $30 for early bird price from their last PPV. Like their product but not paying $30 or more for any wrestling show. I might pay them $30 to take this Marty Scurll midget off the show in their main event. That's about it. It literally looks like Nick Aldis is going to be wrestling some random schmoe out of their crowd....or taking a pic with fan.

NWA's done a terrific job of getting guys that look like men. Then they plop this random mldget (who has zero footing in their promotion) into their main event. Trying to highlight this Scurll guy as an attraction to their audience when few, if any, have a clue who the guy is. So Aldis beats some random midget that their audience doesn't care about......and?? Just a weird weird choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread