What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread*** (11 Viewers)

Also according to report Kross may have suffered a shoulder injury during the match. Triple H Confirmed he was getting an MRI but Medical officials felt comfortable enough of him finishing the match 

WWE announced during tonight's "Takeover: XXX" event that the NXT UK brand will return on Thursday, September 17. It looks like this is when the first new NXT UK episodes in many months will begin airing.

Didn't really care about their whole "feud" (or didn't want to spend the time to watch it) but McAfee was tremendous in his debut match. Guy literally knows how to work a match better than 90% of the company's roster right now. Easily the best celeb match in history. And easily one of the best in match debuts overall in the company's history.

Little doubt to me he could be the company's top heel if he wanted to be. Just so far beyond everyone else with his ability to talk.

IMO He really really put to shame most all the guy's in the company's ability to work a match. One of the few that gets it.....and he didn't even have a crowd!!! And still made it work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't really care about their whole "feud" (or didn't want to spend the time to watch it) but McAfee was tremendous in his debut match. Guy literally knows how to work a match better than 90% of the company's roster right now. Easily the best celeb match in history. And easily one of the best in match debuts overall in the company's history.

Little doubt to me he could be the company's top heel if he wanted to be. Just so far beyond everyone else with his ability to talk.

IMO He really really put to shame most all the guy's in the company's ability to work a match. One of the few that gets it.....and he didn't even have a crowd!!! And still made it work.
The fact an outsider came in and in a matter of weeks outperformed most of the roster in in ring ability, and absolutely destroyed everybody cutting a promo, shows how broken the WWE system is. If WWE were smart, they would be closely examining why the rest of their roster can't hang with the former PUNTER on the mic. But looking at the current state of the company, we all know that isn't happening.

Wonder if they gave him a script and he's just a better performer than everyone, or they just let him loose with a few bullet points.

The fact an outsider came in and in a matter of weeks outperformed most of the roster in in ring ability, and absolutely destroyed everybody cutting a promo, shows how broken the WWE system is. If WWE were smart, they would be closely examining why the rest of their roster can't hang with the former PUNTER on the mic. But looking at the current state of the company, we all know that isn't happening.

Wonder if they gave him a script and he's just a better performer than everyone, or they just let him loose with a few bullet points.
Pat has 12 weeks of in ring training. Not sure who actually trained him but the fact that he had 3 months of training and did that really makes WWE really bad. However Pat maybe a Punter but when he was in the NFL he was known as one of the best athetic punters in the league too. 

Pat has 12 weeks of in ring training. Not sure who actually trained him but the fact that he had 3 months of training and did that really makes WWE really bad. However Pat maybe a Punter but when he was in the NFL he was known as one of the best athetic punters in the league too. 
Was listening to Cornette last night, said Rip Rogers was training him. Dunno if he is under the WWE umbrella.

Is it bad I'm missing Summer Slam for the first time in over 11 yrs and don't even care right now if I do? It wouldn't have mattered anyway because before the Pandemic I had tickets to go to Lincoln Financial Field and see Rammstein tonight so I wouldn't missed SummerSlam anyway 

Totally forgot today was SummerSlam. Most years I make it an event with food and friends.

Also, I don't totally hate Thunderdome.

Mandy Rose’s ring gear 👍

just saying
I thought Mandy might have been hitting the buffet with Otis a little bit too much. 

what was with Deville and her pants? Don’t they test these things?

also I  think mysterio’s hood outfit was another wardrobe mistake 

Sonya is leaving WWE. Gave her notice same day as attempted kidnapping. Wants to pursue a Hollywood and modeling career now. She will not renew 

Steve Carrier of Ringside News

@steve_carrier

·

9m

Concerning Roman Reigns' return-We were told "I don't know where he was, he was hidden." It was also said that "this has been total top secret." This was something that Vince and Roman orchestrated. More coming in a huge exclusive on RSN within minutes!!! #SummerSlam #RomanReigns

Big Rumor is Roman will be revealed as Retributions leader. There's apparently some BIG NAMES involved with the group. Roman has been unhappy with his character direction for some time and recently was looking for ways out of WWE if Vince and WWE didn't give in to demands. Vince is desperate not to lose his leading man so they could've agreed to this. If RR is the leader or Part of Retribution then I think it's a great move and a much needed character development change for him. You could go a lot of ways with him in that regard 

Big Rumor is Roman will be revealed as Retributions leader. There's apparently some BIG NAMES involved with the group. Roman has been unhappy with his character direction for some time and recently was looking for ways out of WWE if Vince and WWE didn't give in to demands. Vince is desperate not to lose his leading man so they could've agreed to this. If RR is the leader or Part of Retribution then I think it's a great move and a much needed character development change for him. You could go a lot of ways with him in that regard 
But will he be saying "sufferin' succotash"?

I'm sure they're heartbroken  :lmao:

Seriously who can sit through 3 hours of this ####? 

As much as they want to, they'd never be able to actually enforce a life ban.
Someone was dressed in KKK gear too.  @DJackson10's twitter crush Jessi Davin was on screen too.

I'm sure they're just "banned" from Thunderd's ome (WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER HERO!!).

Tom Servo said:
Someone was dressed in KKK gear too.  @DJackson10's twitter crushed Jessi Davin was on screen too.

I'm sure they're just "banned" from Thunderd's ome (WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER HERO!!).
Hey I admit she's cute but she is pretty annoying at times. 

Seriously? KKK Gear? That person needs a Darwin experience. I don't care if it's a joke or not. 

Wade Barrett to Join NXT Announce team this week per Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet 

I still haven't watched anything yet do to other circumstances. However I saw where the injury happened and knew it was bad. No time line when he returns. Not sure if it's similar to Balor's from Seth at Summer Slam a few yrs ago or not 

Karrion Kross relinquishes the NXT Championship on tonight’s show after sustaining a separated shoulder at TakeOver.

Here's why last night's contract signing was one of the highlights of Dynamite:

1) No physicality - it's been done to death.  It's nice to see the story advanced without a fight.  Both guys worked it on the stick and got their points across masterfully.

2) Mox never felt handicapped by having his finisher taken away; in fact, he said it would make him "more creative".  Instantly, we have a fresh change from another tired wrestling trope, "how will the face do without his finisher?"  As we saw from Mox's match against Cage, he didn't need it to finish the Machine off.  He saw a weakness in Cage's armor and exploited it.  I wouldn't not be surprised if Mox did something similar to MJF.

3) And yet a third wrestling trope was kicked the teeth - the gullibility of the face.  When MJF and his crew started laughing, I thought that Mox just got tricked into something.  Instead, it was the heels who got surprised as Mox had added a page to the contract specifying that MJF's lawyer has to wrestle Mox next week.  If he doesn't show up, MJF forfeits his match.  :clap:

You want to know why AEW is kicking it with wrestling fans?  THAT contract signing (among other things) feeds the starving souls of fans like me.

Jim Rome's podcast this week (#140) features the Good Brothers.  Rome admitted on his show today that he didn't grow up with wrestling and it really wasn't part of his life.  However, early in 2019 Karl Anderson started tweeting the show; Rome wondered who this blue checkmarked twitter account with 300k+ followers was that was following him. He found out quickly and had them on the show.

Anderson related how his room mate got him into it in 2001; Anderson was able to use the Jungle as a way to reconnect with his dad.  Anderson and his mom even went to a Tour Stop! :lmao:  Since, Rome has become good friends with the Good Brothers. 

I've never seen a mainstream outlet sincerely and honestly put over professional wrestlers like Rome did with the Good Brothers.  It was good to see.  Rome does warn you that there's a ton of F bombs on the podcast, so if that offends you it will probably be best if you avoid it.  He says that even if you don't like wrestling, you should listen to the podcast.

Well, the WWE surprised me last night and that's a good thing. 

Roman: That's not a promise,  that's a spoiler.

Me : Great, now they have him ripping off Heyman lines.

*camera pans over to Paul Heyman sitting next to him*

Me : Daaaaaaaaamn.

Users who are viewing this thread