Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
NewlyRetired

***Official Pro Wrestling Thread***

Recommended Posts

NWA Womens Champion Thunder Rosa challenges SHida at AllOut for AEW Women's Title 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And just from Highlghts I saw of the match Pat McAfee is a better wrestler then Bill Goldberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WWE announced during tonight's "Takeover: XXX" event that the NXT UK brand will return on Thursday, September 17. It looks like this is when the first new NXT UK episodes in many months will begin airing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Didn't really care about their whole "feud" (or didn't want to spend the time to watch it) but McAfee was tremendous in his debut match. Guy literally knows how to work a match better than 90% of the company's roster right now. Easily the best celeb match in history. And easily one of the best in match debuts overall in the company's history.

Little doubt to me he could be the company's top heel if he wanted to be. Just so far beyond everyone else with his ability to talk.

IMO He really really put to shame most all the guy's in the company's ability to work a match. One of the few that gets it.....and he didn't even have a crowd!!! And still made it work.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2020 at 10:33 PM, DJackson10 said:

Rules if you are on the screen for Thunderdome included no snacking and someone got the boot for drinking 

How dare you do things at home that you would do while you are at one of our live events!!

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Didn't really care about their whole "feud" (or didn't want to spend the time to watch it) but McAfee was tremendous in his debut match. Guy literally knows how to work a match better than 90% of the company's roster right now. Easily the best celeb match in history. And easily one of the best in match debuts overall in the company's history.

Little doubt to me he could be the company's top heel if he wanted to be. Just so far beyond everyone else with his ability to talk.

IMO He really really put to shame most all the guy's in the company's ability to work a match. One of the few that gets it.....and he didn't even have a crowd!!! And still made it work.

The fact an outsider came in and in a matter of weeks outperformed most of the roster in in ring ability, and absolutely destroyed everybody cutting a promo, shows how broken the WWE system is. If WWE were smart, they would be closely examining why the rest of their roster can't hang with the former PUNTER on the mic. But looking at the current state of the company, we all know that isn't happening.

Wonder if they gave him a script and he's just a better performer than everyone, or they just let him loose with a few bullet points.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

The fact an outsider came in and in a matter of weeks outperformed most of the roster in in ring ability, and absolutely destroyed everybody cutting a promo, shows how broken the WWE system is. If WWE were smart, they would be closely examining why the rest of their roster can't hang with the former PUNTER on the mic. But looking at the current state of the company, we all know that isn't happening.

Wonder if they gave him a script and he's just a better performer than everyone, or they just let him loose with a few bullet points.

Pat has 12 weeks of in ring training. Not sure who actually trained him but the fact that he had 3 months of training and did that really makes WWE really bad. However Pat maybe a Punter but when he was in the NFL he was known as one of the best athetic punters in the league too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

Pat has 12 weeks of in ring training. Not sure who actually trained him but the fact that he had 3 months of training and did that really makes WWE really bad. However Pat maybe a Punter but when he was in the NFL he was known as one of the best athetic punters in the league too. 

Was listening to Cornette last night, said Rip Rogers was training him. Dunno if he is under the WWE umbrella.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it bad I'm missing Summer Slam for the first time in over 11 yrs and don't even care right now if I do? It wouldn't have mattered anyway because before the Pandemic I had tickets to go to Lincoln Financial Field and see Rammstein tonight so I wouldn't missed SummerSlam anyway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Was listening to Cornette last night, said Rip Rogers was training him. Dunno if he is under the WWE umbrella.

The Hustler!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Mandy Rose’s ring gear 👍
 

just saying

Edited by HellToupee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally forgot today was SummerSlam. Most years I make it an event with food and friends.

Also, I don't totally hate Thunderdome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HellToupee said:

Mandy Rose’s ring gear 👍
 

just saying

I thought Mandy might have been hitting the buffet with Otis a little bit too much. 
 

what was with Deville and her pants? Don’t they test these things?

also I  think mysterio’s hood outfit was another wardrobe mistake 

Edited by PantherThunder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sonya is leaving WWE. Gave her notice same day as attempted kidnapping. Wants to pursue a Hollywood and modeling career now. She will not renew 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve Carrier of Ringside News

@steve_carrier

·

9m

Concerning Roman Reigns' return-We were told "I don't know where he was, he was hidden." It was also said that "this has been total top secret." This was something that Vince and Roman orchestrated. More coming in a huge exclusive on RSN within minutes!!! #SummerSlam #RomanReigns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Rumor is Roman will be revealed as Retributions leader. There's apparently some BIG NAMES involved with the group. Roman has been unhappy with his character direction for some time and recently was looking for ways out of WWE if Vince and WWE didn't give in to demands. Vince is desperate not to lose his leading man so they could've agreed to this. If RR is the leader or Part of Retribution then I think it's a great move and a much needed character development change for him. You could go a lot of ways with him in that regard 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Big Rumor is Roman will be revealed as Retributions leader. There's apparently some BIG NAMES involved with the group. Roman has been unhappy with his character direction for some time and recently was looking for ways out of WWE if Vince and WWE didn't give in to demands. Vince is desperate not to lose his leading man so they could've agreed to this. If RR is the leader or Part of Retribution then I think it's a great move and a much needed character development change for him. You could go a lot of ways with him in that regard 

But will he be saying "sufferin' succotash"?

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Sonya is leaving WWE. Gave her notice same day as attempted kidnapping. Wants to pursue a Hollywood and modeling career now. She will not renew 

Thats a shame,  she was just starting to get an interesting character development. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Sonya is leaving WWE. Gave her notice same day as attempted kidnapping. Wants to pursue a Hollywood and modeling career now. She will not renew 

So The Marine 134 is in production with her in the lead?

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this gets Roman Reigns out of his Shield gear, all the better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Whose idea was to put Keith Lee in a skort?

and that top

Edited by HellToupee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How soon does Vince change his name to just Keith

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

Whose idea was to put Keith Lee in a skort?

and that top

Vince

52 minutes ago, HellToupee said:

How soon does Vince change his name to just Keith

Probably give or take a few months. I say if he's lucky before Thanksgiving

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HellToupee said:

Someone put a pic of Benoit up in Thundedome

Well that person probably is now banned for for for for for life from WWE Events now. Great troll job though. Someone mooned on the Summer Slam PPV though too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Well that person probably is now banned for for for for for life from WWE Events now. 

I'm sure they're heartbroken  :lmao:

Seriously who can sit through 3 hours of this ####? 

As much as they want to, they'd never be able to actually enforce a life ban.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

I'm sure they're heartbroken  :lmao:

Seriously who can sit through 3 hours of this ####? 

As much as they want to, they'd never be able to actually enforce a life ban.

Someone was dressed in KKK gear too.  @DJackson10's twitter crush Jessi Davin was on screen too.

I'm sure they're just "banned" from Thunderd's ome (WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER HERO!!).

Edited by Tom Servo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Someone was dressed in KKK gear too.  @DJackson10's twitter crushed Jessi Davin was on screen too.

I'm sure they're just "banned" from Thunderd's ome (WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER HERO!!).

Hey I admit she's cute but she is pretty annoying at times. 

Seriously? KKK Gear? That person needs a Darwin experience. I don't care if it's a joke or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wade Barrett to Join NXT Announce team this week per Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet 

Edited by DJackson10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still haven't watched anything yet do to other circumstances. However I saw where the injury happened and knew it was bad. No time line when he returns. Not sure if it's similar to Balor's from Seth at Summer Slam a few yrs ago or not 

Karrion Kross relinquishes the NXT Championship on tonight’s show after sustaining a separated shoulder at TakeOver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody bring up politics in this thread. That should be pretty easy, right? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom Servo said:

Nobody bring up politics in this thread. That should be pretty easy, right? 

LINDA MCMAHON!!!!!!1

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's why last night's contract signing was one of the highlights of Dynamite:

1) No physicality - it's been done to death.  It's nice to see the story advanced without a fight.  Both guys worked it on the stick and got their points across masterfully.

2) Mox never felt handicapped by having his finisher taken away; in fact, he said it would make him "more creative".  Instantly, we have a fresh change from another tired wrestling trope, "how will the face do without his finisher?"  As we saw from Mox's match against Cage, he didn't need it to finish the Machine off.  He saw a weakness in Cage's armor and exploited it.  I wouldn't not be surprised if Mox did something similar to MJF.

3) And yet a third wrestling trope was kicked the teeth - the gullibility of the face.  When MJF and his crew started laughing, I thought that Mox just got tricked into something.  Instead, it was the heels who got surprised as Mox had added a page to the contract specifying that MJF's lawyer has to wrestle Mox next week.  If he doesn't show up, MJF forfeits his match.  :clap:

You want to know why AEW is kicking it with wrestling fans?  THAT contract signing (among other things) feeds the starving souls of fans like me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim Rome's podcast this week (#140) features the Good Brothers.  Rome admitted on his show today that he didn't grow up with wrestling and it really wasn't part of his life.  However, early in 2019 Karl Anderson started tweeting the show; Rome wondered who this blue checkmarked twitter account with 300k+ followers was that was following him. He found out quickly and had them on the show.

Anderson related how his room mate got him into it in 2001; Anderson was able to use the Jungle as a way to reconnect with his dad.  Anderson and his mom even went to a Tour Stop! :lmao: Since, Rome has become good friends with the Good Brothers. 

I've never seen a mainstream outlet sincerely and honestly put over professional wrestlers like Rome did with the Good Brothers.  It was good to see.  Rome does warn you that there's a ton of F bombs on the podcast, so if that offends you it will probably be best if you avoid it.  He says that even if you don't like wrestling, you should listen to the podcast.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the WWE surprised me last night and that's a good thing. 

Roman: That's not a promise,  that's a spoiler.

Me : Great, now they have him ripping off Heyman lines.

*camera pans over to Paul Heyman sitting next to him*

Me : Daaaaaaaaamn.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deranged Hermit said:

Well, the WWE surprised me last night and that's a good thing. 

Roman: That's not a promise,  that's a spoiler.

Me : Great, now they have him ripping off Heyman lines.

*camera pans over to Paul Heyman sitting next to him*

Me : Daaaaaaaaamn.

@JB Breakfast Club must be sporting huge wood this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2020 at 5:33 PM, Bogart said:

If this gets Roman Reigns out of his Shield gear, all the better.

Per sources he's apparently getting new entrance music tonight. So if true this might help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2020 at 7:39 PM, Tom Servo said:

Nobody bring up politics in this thread. That should be pretty easy, right? 

Uh ah Ummm yeah so I guess talking Mania of Lashley vs Umaga is off then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexa Bliss in pigtails is what I needed to end my weekend.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.