What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL4 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

'LHUCKS said:
'joffer said:
'LHUCKS said:
'joffer said:
I noticed you're not drafting...SCARED. :X
have you ever been right about anything ever? serious question
i'm right on just about everything...serious answer
:lmao: joffer is drafting in one of the upper leagues where the people who do well in these get seeded. Easy oversight for someone with your track record of flame outs and who just hopes for no shows each year to move up into league 3.

joffer is drafting in one of the upper leagues where the people who do well in these get seeded. Easy oversight for someone with your track record of flame outs and who just hopes for no shows each year to move up into league 3.
you may want to concentrate on the disaster of a team you're building in SSL2. You opened Vick, Finley, Mike Williams :XBut it is nice to See Joffer make it all the way up to SSL2...big accomplishment, good for him. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
QB1: Drew BreesRB1: Maurice Jones-DrewRB2: DeAngelo WilliamsWR1: Brandon MarshallWR2: Brandon LloydTE1: Dustin KellerDefinitely hoping for a return to form of D-Williams, but if that happens, then I think this squad could easily be among the most competitive.
It's hard to really know about D Will, but I personally think he's being overdrafted right now. I'm not a huge fan of Lloyd either, particularly with captain Jesus at QB.
Hard to say that DeAngelo was overdrafted as RB22...As far as lloyd, I am worried that he is a one-year wonder, but his stats last year were identical on a per-game basis with both Orton and Tebow, so the QB does not worry me in the least.

Hard to say that DeAngelo was overdrafted as RB22...
It's his ADP, there are a lot of known quantities at where yout took Deangelo. Righ now it's anybody's guess where he'll end up so there is some risk there. More than I would want to take on at that point in the draft.
As far as lloyd, I am worried that he is a one-year wonder, but his stats last year were identical on a per-game basis with both Orton and Tebow, so the QB does not worry me in the least.
I agree and I think Tebow will likely improve this year. The bigger risk is systemic risk with a new coach and offense...will Lloyd remain as prominent remains to be seen.

Roster update with recent picks:

QB1: Drew Brees (11). No further analysis needed. Unless injury occurs, he is a lock top-4 QB.

RB1: Maurice Jones-Drew (9). I am betting that the knee hype was just that...hype. The fact that he is back to running already says good things to me. Catches a LOT of passes every year too.

RB2: DeAngelo Williams (9). Where he will be is still up in the air, but he will be a stud wherever he lands, most likely.

RB3: Beanie Wells (6). I needed a non-week 9 bye RB, and I still think he has a chance to be the pounder in this lineup. Williams is likely a year away.

WR1: Brandon Marshall (5). In his 2nd year in Miami, I am greatly optimistic about his upcoming season.

WR2: Brandon Lloyd (6). He did it with both Tebow and Orton, so QB does not concern me. The possibility of a 1-year wonder does, however.

TE1: Dustin Keller (8). If you look at his production last year before Santonio was back, he was huge as the 1st or 2nd option in the passing game. With the Jets likely only retaining one of Santonio or Braylon, I look for him to return to those type of stats this year.

TE2: Marcedes Lewis (9). With waiting to take a TE so late, I wanted 2 good ones. Lewis broke out last year, and I look to have an advantage at the position with taking the best game from these 2.

I need a few more options at WR, and look to fill that position in the next few rounds, but I like my core.

Hard to say that DeAngelo was overdrafted as RB22...
It's his ADP, there are a lot of known quantities at where yout took Deangelo. Righ now it's anybody's guess where he'll end up so there is some risk there. More than I would want to take on at that point in the draft.
As far as lloyd, I am worried that he is a one-year wonder, but his stats last year were identical on a per-game basis with both Orton and Tebow, so the QB does not worry me in the least.
I agree and I think Tebow will likely improve this year. The bigger risk is systemic risk with a new coach and offense...will Lloyd remain as prominent remains to be seen.
I love your great analytic insight on this. Anything to give other then an opinion, I will continue to post this and call you out as a waste of space poster until you provide something useful, other than opinion...cuz everyone has those. DLo is so risky, yup, risky to take a guy who has shown he is capable and scored 20 tds one year and has beast like talent. Can he do any worse if he is on any other team, no one was worse than Carolina, seeing as how they had the first pick DUH!Hucks i bet i get to SSL3 before you, lol

Is this LHucks kid serious? So the stats r wrong, do you do imaginary leagues too?
win something first, then people will listen to your grammatically incorrect smack talk.For now you're just white noise. It's like what Dom said "You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?"LHUCKS

Bow down.
:lmao: I only compete in WSL and SSL anymore, so you guys are getting more chances at it. Not to mention I definitely have more than the two listed on that page.
Hard to compete when you are suspended from the board all the time.Ive won SSL1, SSL3 and am curernt PDSL back to back Champ.Bow Down.
You're a solid drafter BSS, but I will dis the Pac12 before I bow down to you. P.S. AJ Smith and Phyliss Rivers are tools

Well, this is the first one that I have competed in, so I am 0-0...Just call me UNDEFEATED! :football:

Is this LHucks kid serious? So the stats r wrong, do you do imaginary leagues too?
win something first, then people will listen to your grammatically incorrect smack talk.For now you're just white noise. It's like what Dom said "You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car... Granny shiftin' not double clutchin' like you should. You're lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake! You almost had me?"LHUCKS
LOL, LHucks your titles are crap, they were not in a league with me so I do not recognize them.And to say Smith and Rivers are tools further prove I'm right when I say you just post ignorant rhetoric without anything useful.Its no surprise the bashing you take hear on the board.

Bow down.
:lmao: I only compete in WSL and SSL anymore, so you guys are getting more chances at it. Not to mention I definitely have more than the two listed on that page.
Hard to compete when you are suspended from the board all the time.Ive won SSL1, SSL3 and am curernt PDSL back to back Champ.Bow Down.
You're a solid drafter BSS, but I will dis the Pac12 before I bow down to you. P.S. AJ Smith and Phyliss Rivers are tools
AJ I agree with. Rivers on the field certainbly talks trash and stuff but he's a solid person.

Got it. I'll make his pick when it comes up.Maybe my new avatar will spark some interest and guys will show up :thumbup:
Made me take a peek... :eek:
Thru 9 rounds of drafting....This is the only insight that Commuter man has to offer, lol,Yup like I said, some people just like to pretend they know football.CALLING OUT COMMUTER MAN TO BREAK DOWN A TEAM OR SOMETHING, BUT I UNDERSTAND IF YOU CANT.I may have be the guy with schtik, but I call it saying the truth. But either way my football knowledge makes yours look like your in Fantasy 101, so I understand your disgust. I understand your lay low approach in breaking down a draft, I would lay low If I couldnt do it either.

Hucks i bet i get to SSL3 before you, lol
I've already won SSL1...twice.
i must be missing it here under the Survivor League History tab. claiming an alias victory? i don't see Jim11 on there either
I've also won MBSL and WSLI twice.
so that link is wrong?
Link seems to be wrong...I've won 23.5 titles.Bow down.
:excited: :unsure:

Got it. I'll make his pick when it comes up.Maybe my new avatar will spark some interest and guys will show up :thumbup:
Thru 9 rounds of drafting....This is the only insight that Commuter man has to offer, lol,Yup like I said, some people just like to pretend they know football.CALLING OUT COMMUTER MAN TO BREAK DOWN A TEAM OR SOMETHING, BUT I UNDERSTAND IF YOU CANT.I may have be the guy with schtik, but I call it saying the truth. But either way my football knowledge makes yours look like your in Fantasy 101, so I understand your disgust. I understand your lay low approach in breaking down a draft, I would lay low If I couldnt do it either.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Critic you really are the little 10 year old brat on the playground who just wants to fight everyone and anyone and will just keep trying to piss someone off in order to get into a fight to prove your manhood... if your rants keep you happy and build your self-esteem then by all means flame-away because I am self-confident in my football knowledge and ability to compete on these boards.Have fun with the shtick and best of luck!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Critic you really are the little 10 year old brat on the playground who just wants to fight everyone and anyone and will just keep trying to piss someone off in order to get into a fight to prove your manhood... if your rants keep you happy and build your self-esteem then by all means flame-away because I am self-confident in my football knowledge and ability to compete on these boards.Have fun with the shtick and best of luck!
Its football talk, you are the one with the real issue if you take FB smack so serious. How is challenging people football talk looking for a fight? its a football forum, no?As far as your knowledge, is that why you really never have anything to say that is football related, or do you just come here for everyone elses knowledge?I love how people get so upset at my smack, guess my knowledge really does make people mad. whats the point of these drafts if banter is not involved?So again, how is challenging you football knowledge on a football forum looking for a fight, u may not like me, fine...but as far as looking for fights...far from, just looking to drop all my knowledge of football on someone who needs it, such as urself.I call you out to talk football, and you talk smack to me. Hmmm, sounds like someone who was called out for just reason.you all may not like me, i careless, but its far from doing anything wrong. Attacking your football knowledge is far from personal and is someone a point of some of these threads. As this whole forum is discussion and banter. Its easy for people such as yourself who gets schooled, to get upset, because if you have no response to football smack you cry :report:, cmon whos the real 10yo.

Hucks i bet i get to SSL3 before you, lol
I've already won SSL1...twice.
i must be missing it here under the Survivor League History tab. claiming an alias victory? i don't see Jim11 on there either
I've also won MBSL and WSLI twice.
so that link is wrong?
Link seems to be wrong...I've won 23.5 titles.Bow down.
:excited: :unsure:
Have you even been in that many leagues? Your drafting ability says no. And Bass, no I'm not looking for a fight, lol :boxing:

I, for one, would like to thank Critic for the vast knowledge he has brought to SSL4. Without you I would not have been able to find how many touchdowns matt ryan had last year.

critic.....dude....c'mon man.....have already had my turn in the bee-hive with you so not really going to get into it again....I think what rubs people the wrong way is that you are very aggressive and confrontational, the way you say things feels like you are attcking people, everybody else is wrong and you are right, and you have probably broken both of your arms patting yourself on the back and pounding your chest about your fantasy football knowledge....

there is a difference between smack talk and coming off like a total d-bag.....one of the biggest things that the creators of this messageboard have asked is that we "be excellent" to each other....(which I have even been guilty of not being in the past)...that doesn't mean you have to say nice things, agree with everybody, compliment peoples picks or teams, or say or do anything for that matter.....it just really means don't be an #######.....I am convinced that in your mind you really don't see a problem and this is just who you are and "whats the big deal, etc"...nothing can really do about that....but what I do know is that for the most part there are pretty solid guys on here....especially in these mock drafts...some great fantasy football knowledge/opinions, etc....coming in like a bull in a china shop isn't really neccessary.....I think you could have some very valuable opinions and things to contribute to this site, but at this point many people are probably tuning you out because it is all so confrontational....

take a step back man......relax....there are probably plenty of other fantasy football message boards out there with some smack talk, etc that may be at your speed.....this probably isn't one of them.....

critic.....dude....c'mon man.....have already had my turn in the bee-hive with you so not really going to get into it again....I think what rubs people the wrong way is that you are very aggressive and confrontational, the way you say things feels like you are attcking people, everybody else is wrong and you are right, and you have probably broken both of your arms patting yourself on the back and pounding your chest about your fantasy football knowledge....there is a difference between smack talk and coming off like a total d-bag.....one of the biggest things that the creators of this messageboard have asked is that we "be excellent" to each other....(which I have even been guilty of not being in the past)...that doesn't mean you have to say nice things, agree with everybody, compliment peoples picks or teams, or say or do anything for that matter.....it just really means don't be an #######.....I am convinced that in your mind you really don't see a problem and this is just who you are and "whats the big deal, etc"...nothing can really do about that....but what I do know is that for the most part there are pretty solid guys on here....especially in these mock drafts...some great fantasy football knowledge/opinions, etc....coming in like a bull in a china shop isn't really neccessary.....I think you could have some very valuable opinions and things to contribute to this site, but at this point many people are probably tuning you out because it is all so confrontational....take a step back man......relax....there are probably plenty of other fantasy football message boards out there with some smack talk, etc that may be at your speed.....this probably isn't one of them.....
:goodposting:

critic.....dude....c'mon man.....have already had my turn in the bee-hive with you so not really going to get into it again....I think what rubs people the wrong way is that you are very aggressive and confrontational, the way you say things feels like you are attcking people, everybody else is wrong and you are right, and you have probably broken both of your arms patting yourself on the back and pounding your chest about your fantasy football knowledge....there is a difference between smack talk and coming off like a total d-bag.....one of the biggest things that the creators of this messageboard have asked is that we "be excellent" to each other....(which I have even been guilty of not being in the past)...that doesn't mean you have to say nice things, agree with everybody, compliment peoples picks or teams, or say or do anything for that matter.....it just really means don't be an #######.....I am convinced that in your mind you really don't see a problem and this is just who you are and "whats the big deal, etc"...nothing can really do about that....but what I do know is that for the most part there are pretty solid guys on here....especially in these mock drafts...some great fantasy football knowledge/opinions, etc....coming in like a bull in a china shop isn't really neccessary.....I think you could have some very valuable opinions and things to contribute to this site, but at this point many people are probably tuning you out because it is all so confrontational....take a step back man......relax....there are probably plenty of other fantasy football message boards out there with some smack talk, etc that may be at your speed.....this probably isn't one of them.....
:goodposting:
LOL, well yes its a good posting, its against me.Whats my bull in the china shop thingy you speak of? didnt know there was only your way to talk sports. Debating sports with such passion comes across as a bull in a china shop? but actually its just another approach to talk sports. I'm not here to kiss butt or try to make friends. I'm here to gain knowledge I lack, and try to stop people from having a one sided approach. There is a reason they call people who oppose a situation the devils advocate.Why do we go thru this, I attck no one personally...just the knowledge of football they possess, why is this such an issue. I am mean to know one, except LHucks...challenging your knowledge on a fb message board that is about football is what I like to see, debate. If everyone agrees, whats the point?Also, not that I'm in no way comparing myself to Jim Rome what so ever....but his style is just the same, and he gets hated as well. So yes, people hate a angle that is so direct and not kissing butt.

Example of Football Critic's "knowledge"

Ryan, little to no hope for 4000 yards? have you been a sleep for the past year? Ryan has the leagues best WR in production, a great TE still even at his age, a running game that will put a few in the box, and a rookie wr that ATL traded up a bunch to 6 to get. but yp no hope, wow a dumb statement on your part.
My take:The past two years the Falcons have been almost smack on 570 pass attempts each year. Ryan has had identical 6.5 yards per attempt those years, down from 7.9 his rookie season.So should we expect 2011 output closer to the past two years or Ryan's rookie season? I highly doubt they're going to look back on last season and say 'Boy, Matt really needs to start winging it down the field aimlessly for us to win.' Which leads me to believe the play-calling will be relatively similar. I'll start with a baseline of 550 attempts and 6.5 YPA. That's right around 3600 yards. The eyeball test had Ryan playing out of his mind last year, but he still had a middling completion percentage.They're bringing in a new QB coach, Julio Jones, and have Snelling and Norwood :lol: possibly leaving via free agency, and Gonzalez in decline since coming to Atlanta. I'm most concerned about Snelling leaving, as he was a great safety valve. Jones will surely give them a more dominating presence opposite Roddy, but while Jenkins and Douglas aren't world-beaters by any means, the WR2 wasn't a total vacuum before.They drew the NFC north and AFC South, so that's probably a wash as far as scheduling goes.Ryan needs to gain a 10% improvement from the baseline to hit that 4,000 number. Julio's rumored hands problems and inexperience at the NFL level offsets the talent gain. If anything, they're taking a step back with the QB coaching change, but I'm not going to dock him any for that. If Snelling stays and Julio has a Moss or Boldin type of rookie year, 4,000 yards is within easy reach with the Falcon's propensity to throw. But if I had even odds on the over/under, my money would be on the under.Ps and S:Critic, everyone on this board is steeped in football knowledge. Your antics are only insulting to your own intelligence. Between your terrible spelling/grammar, the "CRITIQUE A TEAM OR U R DUMB" routine, and the "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude you take with everyone, you'll surely take top spot on ignore lists sooner than later.

Example of Football Critic's "knowledge"

Ryan, little to no hope for 4000 yards? have you been a sleep for the past year? Ryan has the leagues best WR in production, a great TE still even at his age, a running game that will put a few in the box, and a rookie wr that ATL traded up a bunch to 6 to get. but yp no hope, wow a dumb statement on your part.
My take:The past two years the Falcons have been almost smack on 570 pass attempts each year. Ryan has had identical 6.5 yards per attempt those years, down from 7.9 his rookie season.So should we expect 2011 output closer to the past two years or Ryan's rookie season? I highly doubt they're going to look back on last season and say 'Boy, Matt really needs to start winging it down the field aimlessly for us to win.' Which leads me to believe the play-calling will be relatively similar. I'll start with a baseline of 550 attempts and 6.5 YPA. That's right around 3600 yards. The eyeball test had Ryan playing out of his mind last year, but he still had a middling completion percentage.They're bringing in a new QB coach, Julio Jones, and have Snelling and Norwood :lol: possibly leaving via free agency, and Gonzalez in decline since coming to Atlanta. I'm most concerned about Snelling leaving, as he was a great safety valve. Jones will surely give them a more dominating presence opposite Roddy, but while Jenkins and Douglas aren't world-beaters by any means, the WR2 wasn't a total vacuum before.They drew the NFC north and AFC South, so that's probably a wash as far as scheduling goes.Ryan needs to gain a 10% improvement from the baseline to hit that 4,000 number. Julio's rumored hands problems and inexperience at the NFL level offsets the talent gain. If anything, they're taking a step back with the QB coaching change, but I'm not going to dock him any for that. If Snelling stays and Julio has a Moss or Boldin type of rookie year, 4,000 yards is within easy reach with the Falcon's propensity to throw. But if I had even odds on the over/under, my money would be on the under.Ps and S:Critic, everyone on this board is steeped in football knowledge. Your antics are only insulting to your own intelligence. Between your terrible spelling/grammar, the "CRITIQUE A TEAM OR U R DUMB" routine, and the "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude you take with everyone, you'll surely take top spot on ignore lists sooner than later.
To say that gaining a top WR in the draft is not going to help Ryan and at the same time say 4000 yards is possible...and that is my argument that he will, as well as get more TDs... and at the same time talk about my knowledge as lacking, its just funny to me.

To say that gaining a top WR in the draft is not going to help Ryan and at the same time say 4000 yards is possible...and that is my argument that he will, as well as get more TDs... and at the same time talk about my knowledge as lacking, its just funny to me.
So break down your projections for me. Show me your knowledge.

QB1 - Matt Schaub (11)

QB2 - Sam Bradford(5)

RB1 - Frank Gore (7)

RB2 - Jonathan Stewart(9)

RB3 - Roy Helu (5)

WR1 - Reggie Wayne (11)

WR2 - Mike Williams (sea)(6)

WR3 - Davone Bess (5)

WR4 - Malcolm Floyd (6)

WR5 - Randy Moss (6)

TE1 - Kellen Winslow (8)

D1 - Saints D

:coffee:

QB1 - Matt Schaub (11)QB2 - Sam Bradford(5)RB1 - Frank Gore (7)RB2 - Jonathan Stewart(9)WR1 - Reggie Wayne (11)WR2 - Mike Williams (sea)(6)WR3 - Davone Bess (5)WR4 - Malcolm Floyd (6)WR5 - Randy Moss (6)TE1 - Kellen Winslow (8) :coffee:
like the qb combo big time....rb's are questionable rigt now injuries Gore/Hunter drafted for a reason/dwilly/goodson still in town....and looks like you are trying play catchup at WR since you don't have Harvin like you thought you did......and Winslow is such a steal TB drafted Stocker....qb's need to blow up every week here....

No prob, his attempts and TDs have gone up every year, and his yards would have too...if he didnt miss 2 games in 09'-10'. Throw into that he is fairly accurate with 62.5% comp. pct., that is close enough for White to make snags, and he will get Ryan good stats alone. Add to that a Top teir rookie WR, who Atlanta felt high enough on to trade a ton for, into the mix... how can you not PROJECT HIGHER stats for Ryan? Remeber all we are doing is projecting so looking at stats, talent and upside, along with the scheme and players/talent around him to for see the season. Plus I'm not as much worried about yards, as I am TDs, and I see that at around 30.So if it Matters...He is coming into his own has shown growth and is an unbelievable talent. And as far as his schedule, he is playing a lot of teams that are bad against the pass. Seattle, Indy, Houston, Carolina (twice) and as of now Detroit (Aso coming soon?)4125/31/14 So at his draft position, a good solid pick, IMHO.I hope that works for you, you may not like him (or me), but his talent, upside, and stats, say he is at the bottom of Teir 1.

Roster update with recent picks:

QB1: Drew Brees (11).

RB1: Maurice Jones-Drew (9).

RB2: DeAngelo Williams (9).

RB3: Beanie Wells (6).

WR1: Brandon Marshall (5).

WR2: Brandon Lloyd (6).

WR3: Anthony Armstrong (5)

WR4: Robert Meachem (11)

TE1: Dustin Keller (8).

TE2: Marcedes Lewis (9).

REALLY liking my lineup so far. Couldn't believe Meachem was there this late - I see big things for him this season if he can finally get healthy. Even if he is as banged up as last year, he will have 3-4 big games in there, which is fine in this format.

Definitely need another QB soon, RB and WR depth as well, although the recent updates on Beanie Wells are giving me great hope as to his levels of commitment for this season. If I come out of this draft having 3 starting RBs in a 16-team league, then I am significantly ahead of the curve at the position.

No prob, his attempts and TDs have gone up every year, and his yards would have too...if he didnt miss 2 games in 09'-10'. Throw into that he is fairly accurate with 62.5% comp. pct., that is close enough for White to make snags, and he will get Ryan good stats alone. Add to that a Top teir rookie WR, who Atlanta felt high enough on to trade a ton for, into the mix... how can you not PROJECT HIGHER stats for Ryan? Remeber all we are doing is projecting so looking at stats, talent and upside, along with the scheme and players/talent around him to for see the season. Plus I'm not as much worried about yards, as I am TDs, and I see that at around 30.So if it Matters...He is coming into his own has shown growth and is an unbelievable talent. And as far as his schedule, he is playing a lot of teams that are bad against the pass. Seattle, Indy, Houston, Carolina (twice) and as of now Detroit (Aso coming soon?)4125/31/14 So at his draft position, a good solid pick, IMHO.I hope that works for you, you may not like him (or me), but his talent, upside, and stats, say he is at the bottom of Teir 1.
As an outsider to this draft reading commentaries, I'll say that this particular exchange has been valuable and imo fairly similar to what we'd see from a FBG Faceoff article. Kudos to both of you on this.

Roster so far

QB:

Tom Brady

Matt Cassel

HB:

Michael Turner

LaGarette Blount

Shane Vereen

WR:

Dez Bryant

Percy Harvin

Donald Driver

Derrick Mason

TE:

Aaron Hernandez

:yucky: Haven't been able to recover from the poor start at all, The old guys at WR could provide some value if they hold on for one more year.

Users who are viewing this thread