What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL4 Discussion Thread (5 Viewers)

Week 2 Scores:

snellman - 178.25 points

Iwannabeacowboybaby! - 172.10

MrTwo94 - 171.90 points

Football Critic - 164.45

Go Blue - 161.30

Jackal King - 161.30

by_the_sea_wannabe - 157.25

krsone21 - 151.60

gandalas - 137.80

LHUCKS - 136.75

BusMan - 136.35

CommuterMan - 135.05

HitNRun - 125.80

Broadway G - 124.30

Ghost of Bill Walsh - 97.55

Ghost of Bill walsh is OUT.

Peyton Manning claims another victim - Alex Smith actually scored a respectable 23 points, but only getting .1 points from one of your 2 RB spots is never a good thing. At WR he only had 1 score as well, so 2 zeroes there. All in all, he was doomed with the following lineup getting 0 points for him:

Manning, Gates, Moreno, Colston, Crabtree, and Donald Brown.

Snellman wins week 2 immunity.

Brady had 39 points, Blount and Turner had 20 apiece, and Aaron Hernandez and Eric Decker blew up for him. Probably a good thing he has immunity, as he has only Kyle Rudolph at TE for the next few weeks.

My Team:

After winning the amnesty last week, I finished middle of the pack this time around.

Brees was stellar as usual, but missing Lloyd hurt me a bit. Keller looks to be a stud so far, and DeAngelo looks like complete crap. Still, i will take the advance for 1 more week happily.

I am going to need immunity this week the way it looks. Hopefully Hernadez's injury is early reports of a couple weeks and not the later reports of longer.

QB: B+ Cam will play and his running stats will help. Volek would be a wasted pick on a thin roster.
You would rather have Phillip Rivers and Cam Newton than Bradford and Schaub??
Rivers and Newton.Last year Rivers outscored the Schuab/Bradford 8 of 16 weeks - push.

Last year Rivers scored 423 (included Clausen's 11 pts in wk 10 for River's bye) v. S/B total of 404 - advantage Rivers.

Last year posted 20 or more points in 12 wks v. 12 for the S/B combo - push.

Last year adding Bradford to Schaub netted you 6 (wk 1) + 2 (3) + 3 (4) + 21 (7 Schaub bye) + 9 (8) + 5 (11) + 13 (12) + 2 (16). Tossing out the bye week, that's only 40 pts Bradford added over 15 weeks.

Bradford should improve but adding Newton to the equation should offset this.

Just for discussion, Bradford would have helped River's by 32 points (excluding bye) and Schaub would have helped Rivers by 54 pts.

Adding that second QB when your primary doesn't get hurt usually doesn't add many points. I did this excerise earlier for addig Flacco to Brees and as I recall Flacco improved the total by 15 points.

Anyway, that's why you got a B- (4-5 teams will outscore you) and he got a B+ (2-3 teams will outscore him). A B- is a high grade in my book.
I disagree, I would much rather have Bradford and Schaub as a duo compared to Rivers and Newton. I think your logic is faulty at best. Your lucky if Newton will help 1 or 2 weeks this year, Panthers are a very bad team. Where as Bradford could easly help out half the scoring weeks. You are way underestimating Bradfords value in my opinion.
Please provide details where my logic is faulty. Everytime I run the numbers, the second QB is marginalized. At QB, a stud and a dog getting reps always out performs two average to slightly above average qbs.Some thoughts...

1. If Bradford helps out in half the scoring weeks, then Schaub was drafted too high.

2. QB is a unique position. A bad week for good QBs is 200 yd and 1 td. When your base is 16 pts it's hard for a backup to be a big contributor. Much easier to shut down a WR/TE and then RB in these leagues. Even when you have a stud like Foster or AJ from last year, your backup has another roster spot or two to shoot at surpassing.

3. Newton's role should only be 1-2 weeks given where Rivers was drafted and his past performance.
To answer number 1. Not necessarily. Bradford and Schaub could both be playing at a high level and they switch off back and forth each week, giving a person a damn good score each week. Plus I would rather have Bradford covering my main QB's bye week over a rookie QB on a bad team in a lockout year.
:popcorn:
He had one good game against a bad defense. If he does the same thing against a good defense like the Ravens, then I will admit I was wrong. :popcorn: ;)
Schaub, Matt HOU QB QB 17.00 23.70 36.65 13.00 Bradford, Sam STL QB QB 9.40 24.05 16.50 14.20

Bradford has netted Lhucks .35 + 1.2 = 1.55 pts.

Rivers, Philip SDC QB QB 28.75 32.10 13.30 23.15

Newton, Cam CAR QB QB 40.90 38.90 17.60 40.20

Looks like we were both wrong about Cam. Rivers has still cover Schaub/Bradford in 3 of 4 weeks. Cam has doubled that duo up three time and been doubled up once.

QB: B+ Cam will play and his running stats will help. Volek would be a wasted pick on a thin roster.
You would rather have Phillip Rivers and Cam Newton than Bradford and Schaub??
Rivers and Newton.Last year Rivers outscored the Schuab/Bradford 8 of 16 weeks - push.

Last year Rivers scored 423 (included Clausen's 11 pts in wk 10 for River's bye) v. S/B total of 404 - advantage Rivers.

Last year posted 20 or more points in 12 wks v. 12 for the S/B combo - push.

Last year adding Bradford to Schaub netted you 6 (wk 1) + 2 (3) + 3 (4) + 21 (7 Schaub bye) + 9 (8) + 5 (11) + 13 (12) + 2 (16). Tossing out the bye week, that's only 40 pts Bradford added over 15 weeks.

Bradford should improve but adding Newton to the equation should offset this.

Just for discussion, Bradford would have helped River's by 32 points (excluding bye) and Schaub would have helped Rivers by 54 pts.

Adding that second QB when your primary doesn't get hurt usually doesn't add many points. I did this excerise earlier for addig Flacco to Brees and as I recall Flacco improved the total by 15 points.

Anyway, that's why you got a B- (4-5 teams will outscore you) and he got a B+ (2-3 teams will outscore him). A B- is a high grade in my book.
I disagree, I would much rather have Bradford and Schaub as a duo compared to Rivers and Newton. I think your logic is faulty at best. Your lucky if Newton will help 1 or 2 weeks this year, Panthers are a very bad team. Where as Bradford could easly help out half the scoring weeks. You are way underestimating Bradfords value in my opinion.
Please provide details where my logic is faulty. Everytime I run the numbers, the second QB is marginalized. At QB, a stud and a dog getting reps always out performs two average to slightly above average qbs.Some thoughts...

1. If Bradford helps out in half the scoring weeks, then Schaub was drafted too high.

2. QB is a unique position. A bad week for good QBs is 200 yd and 1 td. When your base is 16 pts it's hard for a backup to be a big contributor. Much easier to shut down a WR/TE and then RB in these leagues. Even when you have a stud like Foster or AJ from last year, your backup has another roster spot or two to shoot at surpassing.

3. Newton's role should only be 1-2 weeks given where Rivers was drafted and his past performance.
To answer number 1. Not necessarily. Bradford and Schaub could both be playing at a high level and they switch off back and forth each week, giving a person a damn good score each week. Plus I would rather have Bradford covering my main QB's bye week over a rookie QB on a bad team in a lockout year.
:popcorn:
He had one good game against a bad defense. If he does the same thing against a good defense like the Ravens, then I will admit I was wrong. :popcorn: ;)
Schaub, Matt HOU QB QB 17.00 23.70 36.65 13.00 Bradford, Sam STL QB QB 9.40 24.05 16.50 14.20

Bradford has netted Lhucks .35 + 1.2 = 1.55 pts.

Rivers, Philip SDC QB QB 28.75 32.10 13.30 23.15

Newton, Cam CAR QB QB 40.90 38.90 17.60 40.20

Looks like we were both wrong about Cam. Rivers has still cover Schaub/Bradford in 3 of 4 weeks. Cam has doubled that duo up three time and been doubled up once.
:thumbup: I was wrong and I admit when I was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread