What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (6 Viewers)

Fwiw he’s a late round pick but Boston Scott is being discussed as a possible Sprolesish type. We’ll see maybe he gets cut but there is also Jonathan Williams and Trey Edmunds. Preseason will show a lot.

I feel like everything that could go right for the Saints' running game did. Between positive game flow situations and a vastly improved defense, coupled with nearly perfect physical health for both RBs, I see last year as close to the apex for the running game as a whole. A slight decline appears likely to me. Ingram is usually undervalued and believe the same will hold true next year. I think Kamara is going a little to high, but can't really argue given how dynamic he was as a rookie.
Maybe I'm in minority on this but I think Kamara may be in for slight negative regression this year.  He was extremely efficient with his touches last year, resulting an outlier in top 10 PPR productions.  I'm sure every Saints' opponents this year will study Kamara's tapes to figure how to stop him. 

Listening to Rapaport's report focusing on a 4 game suspension is almost burying the lead.

Sounds like Ingram is unhappy with his contract for sure, and maybe a reduced role on top of it. To me Rap saying that the suspension is what kept the Saints from shopping him around and Ingram being so unhappy he is not going to show up for anything voluntary, and that Saints wanted to feature Kamara more anyway, is the bigger story than 4 games.

BTW-kudos to those people on this board who said they felt the offense would phase Ingram out . I did not think that would be the case but sounds from that Rap report might be so.

The Saints might fade Ingram out but don’t trust Rap about anything Saints.  The guy is wrong a lot about anything Saints related.  I take his opinion with a huge grain of salt.

The Saints might fade Ingram out but don’t trust Rap about anything Saints.  The guy is wrong a lot about anything Saints related.  I take his opinion with a huge grain of salt.

That guy is more wrong than right about everything 
People do get stuff  but when he reports something it's noteworthy to some in here. I don't think he's wrong on this. At least not part about Ingram wanting a new contract and staying away from the team.

I understand what you mean.  I’ve just seen Rap spin out stuff that is wrong way too much.  If it was Glazer, who is good friends with Payton, then I’d believe for sure.

No need to jump off cliffs if you are Ingram owners.

Ingram was already in the doghouse before the PEDS over his contract. I felt he would be traded during the draft or during the season and if not he surely would leave New Orleans in Free Agency. Trading him would be the smartest move since they gave a boatload away in draft assets to acquire Davenport. Saints need to show that Ingram can produce to get something of worth for him in a trade so benching him outright seems unlikely.  He more than likely returns in some role and is traded or I guess if the worst case does happen and he is benched and leaves for a new team and city in free agency then so be it. I think that might be the best case that can happen as an Ingram dynasty owner, either way, he is not a sell at this point. Ingram is firm hold because you are not going to get anything of real value for him at this point. 
Neither will the Saints

I think they will. His production has been pretty good the last 2 seasons.

http://www.nfl.com/player/markingram/2495466/careerstats

1000 yards rushing in both 2016 and 2017.

12 rushing tds last season in a shared role. He had 6 rushing tds in 2016 and 4 tds receiving in 2016. Ingram caught the ball well too 58 receptions last year and 46 the year before that.
Maybe, but is he going to be the same guy without the juice?  I will be avoiding him in all drafts.

Saints would save 4 mill against cap by cutting him.  He still might be released, but the Saints are trying to win now.  Coin flip.  I don't think they cut him.  

Where would we place his value now?  Early 2nd?  He is coming off two good years and that offense looks pretty good.  On the downside he is in a contract year and going to miss 5 out of the 17 weeks (for my league that number is 15 weeks, 1/3 of the season including fantasy playoffs).   

From his agent....

"At the end of the 2017 season, as a result of a NFL mandated random drug test, Mark Ingram tested positive for a substance that was not a performance enhancing substance, nor an illegal substance, but a substance in fact permissible with the proper use exemption with the NFL. He has vigorously challenged the test results through the arbitration process. The arbitrator's opinion is due on or before Wednesday, May 16. Upon having the opportunity to review the arbitrator's opinion, we will explore what further options are needed."

From his agent....

"At the end of the 2017 season, as a result of a NFL mandated random drug test, Mark Ingram tested positive for a substance that was not a performance enhancing substance, nor an illegal substance, but a substance in fact permissible with the proper use exemption with the NFL. He has vigorously challenged the test results through the arbitration process. The arbitrator's opinion is due on or before Wednesday, May 16. Upon having the opportunity to review the arbitrator's opinion, we will explore what further options are needed."
Sounds like it could be adderal from that description.  I think it is a banned substance unless you have a league exemption, but I would  not swear to it.  I remember a few years ago a similar argument was made for Chris Davis (Orioles - MLB) who had an exemption for it the year before but failed to get it renewed and had to miss a large chunk of games.  Was total BS - guy had ADHD and the drug helped him.  

Pure speculation based upon his agents statement that it was not a PED or an illegal drug.

Saints homers, do we think his usage will be similar to last year once back?  tougher schedule?  Will they still run him to the ground to keep Kamara fresh (big time touches week 1) once available?

Why wouldn't they?  I took him at 5.1 with no regrets.  Just lost week 1 by less than 3.  I was the second highest scoring team that got beat by the highest.  I definitely would have won this week with him, but had to start Duke Johnson.

Saints homers, do we think his usage will be similar to last year once back?  tougher schedule?  Will they still run him to the ground to keep Kamara fresh (big time touches week 1) once available?
I'd still expect around 12-14 touches for Ingram.   He's in a contract year, and I don't foresee Sean Payton opting to re-sign him for 2019.   I'd guess that Kamara will continue to get around 17-19 touches since he's now the focal point of the offense.   And much of that will be in the passing game given that Kamara is a terrific receiver.   New Orleans runs the screen pass better than any team in the NFL, so Kamara and Ingram will get a significant amount of work in that regard.  

And for the record, people that think that Kamara will have negative regression are kidding themselves.  The kid is a transcendant talent; reminds me of vintage Jamaal Charles.  

dcgangstas said:
I'd still expect around 12-14 touches for Ingram.   He's in a contract year, and I don't foresee Sean Payton opting to re-sign him for 2019.   I'd guess that Kamara will continue to get around 17-19 touches since he's now the focal point of the offense.   And much of that will be in the passing game given that Kamara is a terrific receiver.   New Orleans runs the screen pass better than any team in the NFL, so Kamara and Ingram will get a significant amount of work in that regard.  

And for the record, people that think that Kamara will have negative regression are kidding themselves.  The kid is a transcendant talent; reminds me of vintage Jamaal Charles.  
Don't do that. Charles was a track star: https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/jamaal-charles/

Kamara is talented, but he's no Charles. https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/alvin-kamara/

Top 200 FWD has him right around RB16 ROS in PPR.  172.5 points or about 14.4 a game,  reasonable with that tough schedule?  The receptions will need to be there, we can assume he isn't scoring 12 TD's in 4 less games, but can he score 7-8 in 12?

Anyone shopping for or selling in redraft?  I took him at 5.9 and the Kamara owner is sniffing around, only offering Marvin Jones but what if you could get someone like JuJu? 14.8 PPG ROS

I’m psyched I targeted both jeffery & Ingram. Next week will be like Xmas for my already stacked lineup.  :pickle:

or Ingram will make me  :sadbanana:

I’m betting on the former. Plenty of touches to go around on that offense. Ingram balances everything. 

I’m psyched I targeted both jeffery & Ingram. Next week will be like Xmas for my already stacked lineup.  :pickle:

or Ingram will make me  :sadbanana:

I’m betting on the former. Plenty of touches to go around on that offense. Ingram balances everything. 
Exactly...saints D are worth a watch now....breeze is a sell high.

NBC Sports' Peter King reports Mark Ingram met the Saints at the airport early Monday morning.

Ingram is eligible to return from his four-game suspension today, and he did not want to waste any time. Alvin Kamara will continue to command a large workload, especially in the passing game, but Ingram returning is a concern for both his carry total and red-zone work. Even so, Kamara will remain a locked-in RB1 moving forward while Ingram could develop into a top-24 option.

Source: Football Morning in America 

Oct 1 - 8:53 AM

As a Kamara owner, I have been trying to get him for 2 weeks.  Somebody drafted him 2.09 in a 12 Team PPR Keeper (so equiv to 5.09).  I have offered John Brown & K Cole in 1 package and W Fuller & K Cole another time....  His response was to offer me Crowell for Kamara....

Finally, I offered OBJ, K Cole & Ajayi for Ingram & Kelce.....  no response. 

Ingram might be difficult to obtain... any trades where he was involved or targeted? 

As a Kamara owner, I have been trying to get him for 2 weeks.  Somebody drafted him 2.09 in a 12 Team PPR Keeper (so equiv to 5.09).  I have offered John Brown & K Cole in 1 package and W Fuller & K Cole another time....  His response was to offer me Crowell for Kamara....

Ingram might be difficult to obtain... any trades where he was involved or targeted? 
Your first two offers would be easy rejects.  The 3rd trade where you threw in OBJ I would instantly accept that.  I haven't seen any completed trades with Ingram this season.

I have Ingram on several teams.  I targeted him along with Kamara... even on teams where I do not have Kamara, I would not have accepted any of these trades.  He is a power back in one of the best offenses in the league ... but an offense that absolutely needs a power back to limit Kamara's usage, who is one of the most special players in the game right now.  I would have taken OBJ & [ Cole OR Ajayi ] for Ingram.

Birdie, your third offer should be sufficient to get a deal done.   You will have to pay a high price now that the suspension period is over for Mark Ingram.   Keep in mind this is a guy that was a Top 6 RB in standard and PPR scoring last year.  Most GMs that took him invested a 5th or 6th round pick to get him, and have been anxiously awaiting for his Week 5 return.   I took him in the 5th specifically because I took Kamara at 1.05.   

Alvin Kamara has demonstrated that he can be a workhorse (31 touches in Week 3, 24 in Week 4), though Ingram will help balance that offense out and grind out the tough yards.   Ingram should still get around 1000 total yards and 7 TDs in an abbreviated schedule. 

Your first two offers would be easy rejects.  The 3rd trade where you threw in OBJ I would instantly accept that.  I haven't seen any completed trades with Ingram this season.
pre week 3 i traded hyde and hogan for ingram... i have kamara so i wanted to cover myself.

Been waiting for Week 5 for weeks now with Ingram and Edelman. Let's see if I'm rewarded. 

Older PED guys have been shown (I forget where) to have a drop-off in performance when they get back from suspension. Let's hope that: 

• He's effective
  • He doesn't get popped again for violating the league drug policy

Last edited by a moderator:
You at least limp into next week with 2 or 3 wins?
Yep. 2-2. With Josh Gordon, too. It's been a rough start, but Hyde and Barkley were great picks for volume, and Goff just carried me this week. I'm outside looking in at the playoffs, but that might change really quickly if those guys can get up to speed. Golladay has also been quite the find to help quell (though now starting to fade a bit) the absences, too. 

Users who are viewing this thread