What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Julius Thomas Hype Train*** (1 Viewer)

Really trying to ascertain the value of Thomas and Cameron in 3WR, 1 flex, non PPR, non TE mandatory league. Both of these guys are going OFF

In FF the TE pecking order is GRAHAM--------Cameron-----Gonk-------------------------------------------------------------JT,

Really trying to ascertain the value of Thomas and Cameron in 3WR, 1 flex, non PPR, non TE mandatory league. Both of these guys are going OFF
At this point I would say Cameron is a WR2 in that format, same with Julius. I would start them over my WR3 every time.

In FF the TE pecking order is GRAHAM--------Cameron-----Gonk-------------------------------------------------------------JT,
Lol... unless Gronk returns and breaks his back hes gonna finish TE2, and might even finish TE1 still. Pats are hurting.

Last edited by a moderator:
In FF the TE pecking order is GRAHAM--------Cameron-----Gonk-------------------------------------------------------------JT
I would switch Gronk and Cameron, but have no issues with the way you ranked it. At this point we are ranking Gronk on potential. If he's 100% healthy I could see him outscoring all TE's PPG. My biggest problem with Julius Thomas is the fact that Denver has so many mouths to feed.

At this point I would say Cameron is a WR2 in that format, same with Julius. I would start them over my WR3 every time.
Lol... unless Gronk returns and breaks his back hes gonna finish TE2, and might even finish TE1 still. Pats are hurting.
I'm sorry but there is no way in hell that gronk will catch Graham.

I'm sorry but there is no way in hell that gronk will catch Graham.
Okay?

I wouldn't trade any of the 3 for Gronk this year.

Gronk is coming of back surgery and 3 or 4 forearm surgeries ... people expecting him to be the same player are nutz.

Gronk is coming of back surgery and 3 or 4 forearm surgeries ... people expecting him to be the same player are nutz.
AP blew out his knee and was the leading rusher less than a year later, Gronk is coming off nothing anywhere near as serious as that.

Last edited by a moderator:

AP blew out his knee and was the leading rusher less than a year later, Gronk is coming off nothing anywhere near as serious as that.
Back surgery is as bad and maybe worse than knee surgery. 4 forearm surgeries is really bad. He hasn't been able to work out and is not in football shape, he has surely lost some strength and mobility, that and not having a a preseason makes him more likely to get injured

You dare compare a mere mortal to AP?

So maybe gronk will become the leading rusher? ;)

Back surgery is as bad and maybe worse than knee surgery. 4 forearm surgeries is really bad. He hasn't been able to work out and is not in football shape, he has surely lost some strength and mobility, that and not having a a preseason makes him more likely to get injured
He's had a month to practice and get into football shape now. It's not like he's walking right out of surgery and onto the field. Gronk had the same surgery before, and still turned out to be the stud he is. There's definately risk in taking him, but people saying he can't be the same are nuts.

I think he's converted me. I didn't think he could sustain getting enough targets to be consistent. Looking like I was wrong.

The only thing that worries me is if he doesn't get that TD, then we are looking at a relatively weak points total this week (and maybe even last). Very glad he got the call once again. We need Denver to start playing some opponents that can either keep up with the score, or simply not let Denver score all their points in the first half. I want to see them having to throw it all game.

The only thing that worries me is if he doesn't get that TD, then we are looking at a relatively weak points total this week (and maybe even last). Very glad he got the call once again. We need Denver to start playing some opponents that can either keep up with the score, or simply not let Denver score all their points in the first half. I want to see them having to throw it all game.
OJT doesn't look like a stud to me. He looks like a big, slow, athletic TE who is surrounded by phenomenal weapons and has Peyton Manning throwing him the pill. Just me though.

Other than Graham or Gronk, thats usually the case with most TEs. Again, hes not on their level which is why I still think Id rank Gronk over him.

OJT doesn't look like a stud to me. He looks like a big, slow, athletic TE who is surrounded by phenomenal weapons and has Peyton Manning throwing him the pill. Just me though.
So is he slow or athletic? And big is a bad thing?

Other than Graham or Gronk, thats usually the case with most TEs. Again, hes not on their level which is why I still think Id rank Gronk over him.

Slow and athletic. That is possible, Einstein. He's big, not a bad thing at all. What's your point?

Slow and athletic. That is possible, Einstein. He's big, not a bad thing at all. What's your point?
Your post sounded like a negative assessment of OJT. I'm thinking Shady was just looking for you to clarify. "Einstein?" Really??

Your post sounded like a negative assessment of OJT. I'm thinking Shady was just looking for you to clarify. "Einstein?" Really??
My bad.

Woke up to a trade being vetoed in one of my money leagues. It was the pee-pee in my cheerios.

munygon2 said:
Still on pace for 1,034 receiving yards.

Any word yet on the "injury"?

munygon2 said:

he wasnt injured. left the field for two plays and came back in

munygon2 said:

he wasnt injured. left the field for two plays and came back in
CBS has an injury designation. I'm sure it's precautionary. I'm not really worried, just wondered what happened.

munygon2 said:

Oh, and 21 TD's. ;) :cool: :bow:

I'll take it! I was just getting worried before the TD that they would run away from Oak using all of the other receivers.

Users who are viewing this thread