What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Detroit vs Cleveland (1 Viewer)

colt has looked ok. was plagued by some dropped balls and constant pressure by lions def. they were getting real good pressure on him. he hung in there and didnt make any mistakes.

evan moore has played a great game. catching everything in sight. his 2nd td catch was a thing of beauty on the sideline of the endzone. perfect throw by colt to only where moore could catch it. was initially called incomplete but was challenged by coach. rules a td after replay.

not alot of yards by clev off but they got 2 of their td's on short fields. 1 was a fumble rec. and the other was a great punt return by norwood.

jackson ran pretty good.even though his stats dont show it.

little has 2 catches first was a great sideline catch and the other was a td grab. was pretty wide open on it.

for the idp people D'Quell Jackson has been a beast. clev. run def has looked pretty decent compared to years before.

on det side. Burleson has played a great game. making some very nice catches.

hope this helps to those not getting to watch the game

Detroit Lions running back Jahvid Best fumbled the ball away to the Cleveland Browns in the first quarter of the game. Best didn't return to the game after the fumble, and the thinking early on was that Jim Schwartz benched him because of the turnover.As it turns out, Best may have been injured on the play. According to WXYZ's Tom Leyden, trainers were looking into Best's eyes with light. Best stood up for a while after the examination, and after he sat back down the training staff decided to take him to the locker room.The official word from the Lions is that Best was taken to the locker room for "further observation." Right now that's all we know.There's no word if Best is injured or not, but based on what Leyden reported it seems like the training staff was checking to see if Best has a concussion. Considering Best has a history of concussions, it would not be good news for him or the Lions if he does in fact have one.
Conflicting reports regarding the health of Lions starting running back Jahvid Best.Best was pulled after the first series, first thought as punishment for his soft fumble. He stood on the sideline looking fine, then went back to the locker room.The Lions say he's fine, and he doesn't show any signs of injury, but his trip to the locker room is fodder for speculation. As of now, Best is fine, but this might be something to keep an eye on after the game.

Dammit. My draft is Sunday night. I KNOW that Best is going to be sitting there in the 4th or 5th round, and I'm going to wonder- should I? Should I? Should I draft Felix Jones or Fred Jackson instead? I friggin hate this stuff.

Looks like a concussion, but not confirmed by the Lions.

Link

Best touched the ball on the Lions' first three plays from scrimmage, fumbling on his final play, and did not return. Lions sideline reporter Tom Leyden wrote on Twitter that the team's medical staff "was looking into Best's eyes with light" before Best went to the locker room for further evaluation, a possible sign of a concussion.

Best had a really scary looking concussion when he was at cal where he jumped into the end zone if I recall correctly.

The Detroit running game isn't going to be very good this year. J. Best is an above average injury risk who won't get goaline carries. Behind him you have Harrison, Morris and Bell with a fullback named Felton who could vulture a few Td's. It's anyone's guess but J. Best will be drafted too high and the rest of these guys aren't even draftable as far as I'm concerned.

Personally I think Morris will be the guy to have if Best ever does go down for any signficant time. I don't like the Lions running game at all, it will be very hit and miss and Best will have some games where he'll get you some very low point totals.

harrison stepping up and providing stability will make up for their two injuries. as long as they can keep defenses honest, they will be ok

'gandalas said:
'ninerfanatic492000 said:
who was the lesser of 2 evils between M. Bell and J. Harrison? Since this won't be the last Best injury or scare
Is Maurice Morris gone? He did OK last year in limited duty...
Morris has a hand injury. Also, I think people are overlooking Morris right now. He played well at the end of last year. It's not a forgone conclusion that Harrison will be Best's handcuff/backup. I think it is up in the air at this point. Bell looked bad to me. The only way he makes the team is if the Lions think he can handle short yardage. That is the biggest problem the running game has. They don't have a RB that is effective in short yardage.

Stafford 6-10, 85 yards, and another TD without Calvin? Breakout QB on our hands..
I like Stafford but the Browns were without Fujita, Gocong, Young, and Ward. That is four starters on a team with zero depth. Adjust accordingly.
Lions were without Calvin, Best ,Backus and Maurice Morris.As for the Lions backfield situation, I think Morris is the guy the Lions are expecting to take it over. As for Harrison and Bell, I'm not sure either makes the team. When Best got hurt, they didn't put either guy in with the 1st teamers. Aaron Brown came in for Best and got the work with the first team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread