What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So IF you were a betting individual... (1 Viewer)

Rubi

Footballguy
Who is your top choice this weekend?
What's your "I feel really good about this" bet?
Parleys?
Teasers?
What ya got?
Odds subject to change...

Cleveland Browns @ Houston Texans +3 o/u 44
Miami Dolphins @ Kansas City Chiefs -3 1/2 o/u 43 1/2
Pittsburgh Steelers @ Buffalo Bills -10 o/u 38 1/2
Green Bay Packers @ Dallas Cowboys -7 1/2 o/u 49 1/2
Los Angeles Rams @ Detroit Lions -3 o/u 52
Philadelphia Eagles @ Tampa Bay Bucs +3 o/u 44

Last edited:
I like KC over Mia. I liked it better when it was at -3. Now it's -4 in most places with some -4.5 but I still like it. KC knows how to win playoff games and with Miami's injuries on defense, I expect Mahomes to feast. I also expect Tua to turn the ball over a few times.

Parleys?
Teasers?
What ya got?

If you want to play a parlay find 3-4 player props that you love. Stay away from sides and totals imo

I think 7.5 is a big spread in the Dallas/GB game. I’d go GB there. I also like Tampa and the points at home.

I want to see if there's a prop bet for "Kadarius Toney drops at least 1 easy TD pass" and if so I'm slamming the over on that.

Parleys?
Teasers?
What ya got?

I really like Cleveland at +3500 to win the SB. Not that they are my top pick to win, but their chances are a lot better the 35 to 1.

Parleys?
Teasers?
What ya got?

I really like Cleveland at +3500 to win the SB. Not that they are my top pick to win, but their chances are a lot better the 35 to 1.

Seeing as they've already beaten the top 2 SB contenders this season, ya.
Still a long shot, but definitely better than 35:1

Parleys?
Teasers?
What ya got?

Having the top defense makes them a solid contender. Flacco can move the ball, his biggest issues are interceptions. In the 10 seasons he started at least 10 games, he has thrown double digits interceptions in all of them, one year he threw 22. This year 8 interceptions in only 5 games, but yet they are 4-1. If Flacco can limit his interceptions to one per game, they will be in the Super Bowl.

Having the top defense makes them a solid contender. Flacco can move the ball, his biggest issues are interceptions. In the 10 seasons he started at least 10 games, he has thrown double digits interceptions in all of them, one year he threw 22. This year 8 interceptions in only 5 games, but yet they are 4-1. If Flacco can limit his interceptions to one per game, they will be in the Super Bowl.

It's counter-intuitive, but I actually think the best scenario for the Browns is for BUF and MIA to both win and let the Brownies face the Ravens in the Divisional round. AFC North rivalry games are always tough, and get the Ravens a bit slow to start out of the bye and the Browns could easily win a low scoring slugfest.

I expect Mahomes to feast.
Mahomes hasn't feasted in weeks. What makes you think that he has the supporting cast to feast at this point? Kelce has been a shell of himself, Rice has been ok but they have to manufacture touches for him. Pacheco has been beasting but that isn't Mahomes feasting. I just don't see what signs there are to Mahomes blowing up in a big game. I would expect a big game from Pacheco before a big Mahomes game.

I expect Mahomes to feast.
Mahomes hasn't feasted in weeks. What makes you think that he has the supporting cast to feast at this point? Kelce has been a shell of himself, Rice has been ok but they have to manufacture touches for him. Pacheco has been beasting but that isn't Mahomes feasting. I just don't see what signs there are to Mahomes blowing up in a big game. I would expect a big game from Pacheco before a big Mahomes game.
I keep reading that Mahomes has crazy good ATS numbers in cold weather.

After digging deeper into spreads. My leans for each are the following:

Browns -3 -Great stories on both sides, Home dogs scare me but defense travels and this is one of if not the best defense out there. The game they played in week 17 was well in hand by the Browns most of the game and despite Stroud being out the Texans scored on a kick return and 2 late 4th quarter TD's after the game was well out of hand. Flacco just needs to take care of the ball.

Dolphins +4 -this game smells like a trap with all the defensive injury news, cold weather, Patty Mahomes, Tua and the Miami offense does enough to cover but not win.

Bills -10 -I usually go with the dogs on double digit spreads, however since 2010, double digit favorites in the playoffs are 11-4 ATS, Steelers don't belong which probably means they win outright on some bogus plays. Just like Flacco, if Allen takes care of the ball, they win easily.

Packers +7.5 -Cowboys are a different animal at home, but I do think the Packers have the fire power to stay in this. Packers cover with a late TD even though I think most of the game the Cowboys will be in control.

Rams +3 -Toughest game to cap as I think this could go either way, but i'm taking the points. I want the Lions to dominate so bad for the sake of the city. (Bengals fan who knows how a playoff drought feels), but Rams matchup well with the Lions. They pass the ball so well which is Lions weakness. These teams are similar in styles and it will come down to 1 play that makes all the difference. I think Dan Campbell goes for it on a 4th down and they don't get it.

Eagles -3 -Another home dog with the Bucs, but both these teams are limping into the playoffs. I like the NFC East more than the NFC South this year, I don't think any team that came out of the NFC South this year are contenders. Eagles figure it out for at least this game. Hurts is going to run. run and run some more.

Best Bets: I don't have one for the games, but I do like Amon-Ra St Brown Over 7.5 receptions and CeeDee Lamb Over 7.5 receptions.

Any reverse line movements or any other betting indicators? I tried googling, but this kind of info is always locked behind paywalls.

Parleys?
Teasers?
What ya got?

Browns cover and win
Fins cover and win
Bills spank the lowly steelers sending Tomlin into early retirement. Bills cover win by 21+pts.
GB covers, wins outright. how many times we have to hear about Dallas in the post season and how many times they flat out suck? seems like every year, this year will be no different.
Rams cover, and win. McVay better than the entire Lions coaching staff.
Bucs spank the Eagles, win 31-14

Sometimes Captain Obvious is right. Injuries on the opposing defense, big game experience, and the extreme cold all point toward KC -4.5.

In order of confidence:

1. Bills -10 wherever the game is played
2. Cowboys -7 1/2 Dallas will do what Dallas does in the playoffs,but not this week..next week
3. Rams +3 Just a gut feeling here
4.Chiefs - 3 1/2 low scoring,KC defense is the difference
5. Browns -3 Young Texans will keep it close
6. Bucs +2 1/2 Why not

Looking for a nice parlay hit:

K.C -3 1/2
Buffalo - 10
Dallas -7 1/2
Rams +3

Except in pretty specific circumstances, parlays are for suckers. Just bet the games you like as straights, you'll come out ahead (or more typically, less behind) in the long run.
Depends on your success with parlays.
A comment like that indicates you definitely should not be betting parlays.
Blasphemy

Bucs ML +125

It can be pretty tough to run on the Bucs.
Not so tough to throw on the Eagles.
No AJ Brown for the Eagles, and as much as I love the Slim Reaper, he's a Robin, not a Batman.
Rachaad White is just good enough.
Mike Evans stands to have a good chance to have a field day.

O.K so what looks good in The Divisional Round?

Saturday, January 20th:

Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens - 9 1/2 o/u 43.5

Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco Forty Niners - 9 1/2 o/u 50.5

Sunday, January 21st:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions - 6 1/2 o/u 48.5

Kansas City Chiefs @ Buffalo Bills -2 1/2 o/u 45.5

The pessimist in me says bet on the Bucs.

But I actually think I’d take Houston with the points.

Did the NFL try to make each game progressively closer?

I like The Bills a lot laying 2 1/2
I like The Lions quite a bit laying 6 1/2
I like The Niners but the 9 1/2 gives me cause to pause,easily could be a "bad beat"
I like The Ravens but the 9 1/2 turns me away,I think Ryans defensive scheme keeps it close.

I always fall into the trap on betting on the underdogs who looked great in the previous round, while the best teams they are playing this week had last week off. That being said, I like both the Packers and Houston :laugh:

Parleys?
Teasers?
What ya got?

Finished first in the FBG ESPN pick em. But in terms of real money betting I am Francesaesque in my picking so I will spare this thread lol.

-QG

I know this is a little, but forget the spread and just pick the team you think will win. Generally the team that wins either covers the spread or win in an upset. That was true with every wild card game this past weekend.

How you capitalize on that trend this week:
  1. If you like the favorite give the points
  2. If you like the dog, bet the money line

Users who are viewing this thread