Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
mcintyre1

2012 Prospect Rex Burkhead RB

I would think there would be a bit more buzz about Rex.  He could/should possibly be a solid RB2 the rest of the season with Gillislee falling out of the picture.  He will be in on the majority of snaps and will see a lot of touches both rushing and receiving.  Sure Belicheck plays looks for best matchups, but I think Rex will be the best option from here on out.  

4 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

I would think there would be a bit more buzz about Rex.  He could/should possibly be a solid RB2 the rest of the season with Gillislee falling out of the picture.  He will be in on the majority of snaps and will see a lot of touches both rushing and receiving.  Sure Belicheck plays looks for best matchups, but I think Rex will be the best option from here on out.  

He looks really good but Lewis also looks damn good. Biggest plus for Burkhead is he only has to contend with White in terms of RB usage in the pass game. Lewis isn't being used at all. As we sit here today I'd probably rank them (in PPR) as:

1. Burkhead

2. White

3. Lewis

But all three look like viable flex plays right now and especially this week vs. Oakland. 

On 11/14/2017 at 1:32 PM, tkrull said:

BB is the devil. I expect Gilly to be the main guy next week.

Burkhead is the Belichek's kind of player and will be more and more involved in the offense moving forward. Also, Lewis isn't a paragon of physical health so I don't see him going the rest of the way unscathed. 

On 11/14/2017 at 1:32 PM, tkrull said:

BB is the devil. I expect Gilly to be the main guy next week.

No chance.  It will be the Lewis and Burkhead show for the rest of the season.  He may switch back and forth on the mix which make both a bit risky, but those are the backs to own.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

No chance.  It will be the Lewis and Burkhead show for the rest of the season.  He may switch back and forth on the mix which make both a bit risky, but those are the backs to own.  

Lol.  Right.  

• Like 1

I don't think people realize how pronounced White's downtrend has been in this offense. Beginning in week 4, where White peaked..

Snaps Percentage - 61%, 47%, 43%, 31%, 23%, BYE, 16%

Utilization - 13, 11, 10, 9, 7, BYE, 5

Target Share - 27%, 23%, 18%, 13%, BYE, 8%

You don't usually get to see someone phased out of an offense so consistently. 

Rex since returning in week 7..

Snap Percentage - 18%, 31%, BYE, 51%

Utilization - 7, 11, BYE, 13

Target Share - 3%, 15%, BYE, 8%

I saw this #### happening a week early and was able to grab Rex everywhere, damn do I love spreadsheets.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

I don't think people realize how pronounced White's downtrend has been in this offense. Beginning in week 4, where White peaked..

Snaps Percentage - 61%, 47%, 43%, 31%, 23%, BYE, 16%

Utilization - 13, 11, 10, 9, 7, BYE, 5

Target Share - 27%, 23%, 18%, 13%, BYE, 8%

You don't usually get to see someone phased out of an offense so consistently. 

Rex since returning in week 7..

Snap Percentage - 18%, 31%, BYE, 51%

Utilization - 7, 11, BYE, 13

Target Share - 3%, 15%, BYE, 8%

I saw this #### happening a week early and was able to grab Rex everywhere, damn do I love spreadsheets.

Any point in grabbing Rex if you have Lewis in non PPR or avoid the stress of the coin flip every week. 

1 minute ago, SameSongNDance said:

It's honestly very obvious. 

Maybe so. I guess we’ll see.

2 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Any point in grabbing Rex if you have Lewis in non PPR or avoid the stress of The Coin flip every week.

If you think you have an expendable bench spot I suppose. In standard I'd lean Lewis a majority of the time though.

I only feel confident saying that Rex > White in PPR.

13 hours ago, SameSongNDance said:

It's honestly very obvious. 

BB likes Heads..Woodhead, Burkhead.

Who is everyone playing him over? I am debating hard between McKinnon and Rex

49 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Who is everyone playing him over? I am debating hard between McKinnon and Rex

Over Perine, non-ppr.

1 hour ago, NotSmart said:

Over Perine, non-ppr.

Ballsy

Just now, Ilov80s said:

Ballsy

At the moment, since Perine has a TD and this is non-ppr and TDs are particularly valuable - I'd take it back.

But I still think there's a reasonable chance Burkhead ends up getting pretty close to Perine's numbers today - 2nd half for Perine still pending of course.

53 minutes ago, NotSmart said:

At the moment, since Perine has a TD and this is non-ppr and TDs are particularly valuable - I'd take it back.

But I still think there's a reasonable chance Burkhead ends up getting pretty close to Perine's numbers today - 2nd half for Perine still pending of course.

Yeah I was joking around. I'd have played Rex over Perine

early TD is huge for those of us that started him!

Edited by JoeSteeler
  • Like 1

He looked great today. His balance is outstanding and was able to break a lot of tackles. IMO, he's a low end #2 moving forward. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, SameSongNDance said:

This is exactly what I envisioned during the preseason hype. I imagine that the rib injury kept him from having quite the all purpose year.

Yeah i was def thinking that was the type of red zone usage we would see. If had happened from the start he would have been a top 10 RB this year. 

45 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Yeah i was def thinking that was the type of red zone usage we would see. If had happened from the start he would have been a top 10 RB this year. 

Let's enjoy the ride as we march toward the fantasy playoffs...he has another fantastic matchup this week

1 hour ago, FGITLOTR said:

Great matchup this week against the pourous Miami D. Strong RB2 in standard and low end 2 in PPR

How you rank him lower in ppr? He's averaging like 4 catches a game.

On 11/27/2017 at 3:54 PM, Weebs210 said:

Kinda sad I dropped him in standard but at least it will prevent me from getting belichecked.

You’re not alone

• Like 1

Curious what Burkhead owners are expecting from him this week. On the fence deciding between Rex and Perine. Normally this would be a no-brainer based on his recent play, but Bill’s ability to completely flip the script has me spooked. Barely used him in the second half on MNF. Are others locked in or are you worried at all?

47 minutes ago, jrwall said:

Curious what Burkhead owners are expecting from him this week. On the fence deciding between Rex and Perine. Normally this would be a no-brainer based on his recent play, but Bill’s ability to completely flip the script has me spooked. Barely used him in the second half on MNF. Are others locked in or are you worried at all?

I'm absolutely worried about him this week. What bothers me is against Miami in the second half when NE was behind, White was in the two minute offense the entire half and renedered Burkhead useless. I worry that could happen again this week against the high powered steelers. As of now I have him in in two leagues but could swap him for Lewis and now Ivory.

6 minutes ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

I'm absolutely worried about him this week. What bothers me is against Miami in the second half when NE was behind, White was in the two minute offense the entire half and renedered Burkhead useless. I worry that could happen again this week against the high powered steelers. As of now I have him in in two leagues but could swap him for Lewis and now Ivory.

Nice to see I’m not the only one sweating his role this week. Good thing we have a lot of time to mull it over. ?

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Rex Burkhead has avoided an ACL tear and serious knee injury.

It sounds like Burkhead and the Patriots have caught another break this Sunday. Per Schefter, Burkhead could miss some time, but it doesn't seem to be something that will keep Burkhead out for an extended period. Burkhead should be okay to return for a playoff run for the 11-3 Patriots. In the meantime, Dion Lewis and James White will handle backfield duties sans Burkhead.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Dec 17 - 9:12 PM

Patriots re-signed RB Rex Burkhead to a three-year contract.

Burkhead didn't draw any known interested outside of New England during the "legal tampering" period and is back in New England, joining Mike Gillislee and James White as the team's top backs with Dion Lewis off to the Titans on a lucrative four-year deal. Burkhead has a chance to earn more work in 2018 after an injury-filled 2017, but we'd bet the Patriots add rookie backfield help.

Source: Jim McBride on Twitter 

Mar 14 - 4:14 PM

With Lewis gone theres potential for a big bump in value for a guy that already had legit value.

Don't want to turn this into an Assistant Coach thread, but where would you put his dynasty value in terms of a rookie draft pick?  High 2nd?

1 minute ago, nirad3 said:

Don't want to turn this into an Assistant Coach thread, but where would you put his dynasty value in terms of a rookie draft pick?  High 2nd?

I think that was probably his value before his team spent a 1st round pick on a guy with his same skillset.  Now...

2 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I think that was probably his value before his team spent a 1st round pick on a guy with his same skillset.  Now...

Yea.

He's worth a roster spot, if anything happens during the season to boost his value, trade him for rookie pick. Best chance.

Rex Burkhead - RB -  Patriots

According to NESN’s Doug Kyed, Rex Burkhead and James White have been handling the "majority of the first-team reps" this spring.

No. 31 overall pick Sony Michel has been right behind them, however, and Kyed says it wouldn’t be surprising to see the rookie surpass both Burkhead and White prior to Week 1. Burkhead inked a new three-year deal in March but had injury issues in his first season with New England. In true Patriots fashion, we expect all three backs to be involved week-to-week.

Related: James White, Sony Michel

Source: NESN 

Jun 13 - 10:54 AM