What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rex Burkhead RB - HOU (2 Viewers)

BB is the devil. I expect Gilly to be the main guy next week.
Burkhead is the Belichek's kind of player and will be more and more involved in the offense moving forward. Also, Lewis isn't a paragon of physical health so I don't see him going the rest of the way unscathed. 

I don't think people realize how pronounced White's downtrend has been in this offense. Beginning in week 4, where White peaked..

Snaps Percentage - 61%, 47%, 43%, 31%, 23%, BYE, 16%

Utilization - 13, 11, 10, 9, 7, BYE, 5

Target Share - 27%, 23%, 18%, 13%, BYE, 8%

You don't usually get to see someone phased out of an offense so consistently. 

Rex since returning in week 7..

Snap Percentage - 18%, 31%, BYE, 51%

Utilization - 7, 11, BYE, 13

Target Share - 3%, 15%, BYE, 8%

I saw this #### happening a week early and was able to grab Rex everywhere, damn do I love spreadsheets.

I don't think people realize how pronounced White's downtrend has been in this offense. Beginning in week 4, where White peaked..

Snaps Percentage - 61%, 47%, 43%, 31%, 23%, BYE, 16%

Utilization - 13, 11, 10, 9, 7, BYE, 5

Target Share - 27%, 23%, 18%, 13%, BYE, 8%

You don't usually get to see someone phased out of an offense so consistently. 

Rex since returning in week 7..

Snap Percentage - 18%, 31%, BYE, 51%

Utilization - 7, 11, BYE, 13

Target Share - 3%, 15%, BYE, 8%

I saw this #### happening a week early and was able to grab Rex everywhere, damn do I love spreadsheets.
Any point in grabbing Rex if you have Lewis in non PPR or avoid the stress of the coin flip every week. 

At the moment, since Perine has a TD and this is non-ppr and TDs are particularly valuable - I'd take it back.

But I still think there's a reasonable chance Burkhead ends up getting pretty close to Perine's numbers today - 2nd half for Perine still pending of course.

At the moment, since Perine has a TD and this is non-ppr and TDs are particularly valuable - I'd take it back.

But I still think there's a reasonable chance Burkhead ends up getting pretty close to Perine's numbers today - 2nd half for Perine still pending of course.
Yeah I was joking around. I'd have played Rex over Perine

This is exactly what I envisioned during the preseason hype. I imagine that the rib injury kept him from having quite the all purpose year.
Yeah i was def thinking that was the type of red zone usage we would see. If had happened from the start he would have been a top 10 RB this year. 

Yeah i was def thinking that was the type of red zone usage we would see. If had happened from the start he would have been a top 10 RB this year. 
Let's enjoy the ride as we march toward the fantasy playoffs...he has another fantastic matchup this week

Curious what Burkhead owners are expecting from him this week. On the fence deciding between Rex and Perine. Normally this would be a no-brainer based on his recent play, but Bill’s ability to completely flip the script has me spooked. Barely used him in the second half on MNF. Are others locked in or are you worried at all?

Curious what Burkhead owners are expecting from him this week. On the fence deciding between Rex and Perine. Normally this would be a no-brainer based on his recent play, but Bill’s ability to completely flip the script has me spooked. Barely used him in the second half on MNF. Are others locked in or are you worried at all?
I'm absolutely worried about him this week. What bothers me is against Miami in the second half when NE was behind, White was in the two minute offense the entire half and renedered Burkhead useless. I worry that could happen again this week against the high powered steelers. As of now I have him in in two leagues but could swap him for Lewis and now Ivory.

I'm absolutely worried about him this week. What bothers me is against Miami in the second half when NE was behind, White was in the two minute offense the entire half and renedered Burkhead useless. I worry that could happen again this week against the high powered steelers. As of now I have him in in two leagues but could swap him for Lewis and now Ivory.
Nice to see I’m not the only one sweating his role this week. Good thing we have a lot of time to mull it over. ?

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Rex Burkhead has avoided an ACL tear and serious knee injury.

It sounds like Burkhead and the Patriots have caught another break this Sunday. Per Schefter, Burkhead could miss some time, but it doesn't seem to be something that will keep Burkhead out for an extended period. Burkhead should be okay to return for a playoff run for the 11-3 Patriots. In the meantime, Dion Lewis and James White will handle backfield duties sans Burkhead.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Dec 17 - 9:12 PM

Patriots re-signed RB Rex Burkhead to a three-year contract.

Burkhead didn't draw any known interested outside of New England during the "legal tampering" period and is back in New England, joining Mike Gillislee and James White as the team's top backs with Dion Lewis off to the Titans on a lucrative four-year deal. Burkhead has a chance to earn more work in 2018 after an injury-filled 2017, but we'd bet the Patriots add rookie backfield help.

Source: Jim McBride on Twitter 

Mar 14 - 4:14 PM

Don't want to turn this into an Assistant Coach thread, but where would you put his dynasty value in terms of a rookie draft pick?  High 2nd?

Don't want to turn this into an Assistant Coach thread, but where would you put his dynasty value in terms of a rookie draft pick?  High 2nd?
I think that was probably his value before his team spent a 1st round pick on a guy with his same skillset.  Now...

I think that was probably his value before his team spent a 1st round pick on a guy with his same skillset.  Now...
Yea.

He's worth a roster spot, if anything happens during the season to boost his value, trade him for rookie pick. Best chance.

Rex Burkhead - RB -  Patriots

According to NESN’s Doug Kyed, Rex Burkhead and James White have been handling the "majority of the first-team reps" this spring.

No. 31 overall pick Sony Michel has been right behind them, however, and Kyed says it wouldn’t be surprising to see the rookie surpass both Burkhead and White prior to Week 1. Burkhead inked a new three-year deal in March but had injury issues in his first season with New England. In true Patriots fashion, we expect all three backs to be involved week-to-week.

Related: James White, Sony Michel

Source: NESN 

Jun 13 - 10:54 AM

ESPN's Mike Reiss considers Rex Burkhead the favorite for goal-line work in New England this season.

Burkhead filled a similar role last season, finishing the year with eight touchdowns (five rushing, three receiving) in only 10 games. First-round rookie Sony Michel will obviously be a big part of the Patriots' running attack but he'll need to prove himself to the coaching staff first, particularly after struggling with ball security at times in college (12 fumbles at Georgia). James White will be the Pats' primary back on passing downs while Mike Gillislee and Jeremy Hill both find themselves on the roster bubble.

Source: ESPN.com 

Jun 29 - 4:17 PM

Rex Burkhead - RB -  Patriots

Rex Burkhead is listed ahead of rookie Sony Michel on the Patriots' first unofficial depth chart.

Burkhead was always going to play an integral role in New England's offensive game plan and being listed as the team's starting back only confirms that notion. James White is listed as the other starter with free agent acquisition Jeremy Hill slotting in as No. 3 ahead of Mike Gillislee. Whether Michel (knee) is ready to go in Week 1 or not, Burkhead's seventh-round ADP is sure to skyrocket in the coming weeks.

Related: Patriots

Source:  Pro Football Talk

Aug 5 - 1:22 PM

Users who are viewing this thread