What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is the 2024 RB Class really that bad? (1 Viewer)

• MarShawn Lloyd carried only 116 times but he ranked No. 1 in broken tackle percentage (24%) and yards after contact per attempt (4.25). That was after posting impressive evasion numbers in his final year at South Carolina. Due to his recruiting profile, sky high evasion (37%) and boom (18%) rates, and intriguing receiving numbers.
I’m buying where ever I can.
Any concerns about the 8 college fumbles? I've wondered if there is any history of prospects solving college fumbling issues, because it's a definite doghouse risk.

His highlights are the best in this class, imo. His lowlights cost him playing time and are concerning. His Senior Bowl and now combine have generated a lot of positive momentum. Backs are just so dependent on their teammates, I don't care until I know who they are. But, gun to head... this is my favorite RB in the class.
I have moved Lloyd up, but I can't get on board drafting any RB in the first round of rookie drafts regardless of league format. I like Brooks the most, but will probably have to wait until 2025 for any benefit. Sure a couple will be fantasy relevant, but that doesn't mean I want them earlier in my drafts.

• MarShawn Lloyd carried only 116 times but he ranked No. 1 in broken tackle percentage (24%) and yards after contact per attempt (4.25). That was after posting impressive evasion numbers in his final year at South Carolina. Due to his recruiting profile, sky high evasion (37%) and boom (18%) rates, and intriguing receiving numbers.
Any concerns about the 8 college fumbles? I've wondered if there is any history of prospects solving college fumbling issues, because it's a definite doghouse risk.
No, not at all. This is the type guy that slips through the cracks. I have some aging RBs whom I need to replace and this years is the best year for a team that’s built to win now and all I need is a few young backs to replace them and this is one I’m targeting it’s almost unfair lol but this is Fantasy Football! All the good backs will be sitting there while I have picks 14-17. Needles to say I’m going to scoop up all the viable backs with these selections.

Tex

His highlights are the best in this class, imo. His lowlights cost him playing time and are concerning. His Senior Bowl and now combine have generated a lot of positive momentum. Backs are just so dependent on their teammates, I don't care until I know who they are. But, gun to head... this is my favorite RB in the class.
I have moved Lloyd up, but I can't get on board drafting any RB in the first round of rookie drafts regardless of league format. I like Brooks the most, but will probably have to wait until 2025 for any benefit. Sure a couple will be fantasy relevant, but that doesn't mean I want them earlier in my drafts.
Picking in that 10-12 and 14-17….he’ll be gone.

I don’t “need” any position but do have a greater need this year to keep my stable of backs going!

Tex

I love him for his value, it was nearly the same situation with Kamara when he came out. This kids metric numbers are some of the best in this class. He just didn’t get the opportunities and I’m fine with that.

Tex

I don't think he will. He will probably go in the 2nd round of start 1qb leagues rookie drafts.

I don't think he will. He will probably go in the 2nd round of start 1qb leagues rookie drafts.
lol sorry, let me rephrase that because you’re right he may still be there in your league but every league I’m in he won’t make it pass me so lucky for you I have not met you on that battlefield yet. Hahaha 😉

Tex

lol sorry, let me rephrase that because you’re right he may still be there in your league but every league I’m in he won’t make it pass me so lucky for you I have not met you on that battlefield yet. Hahaha 😉

Tex
So you see Lloyd going in the 1st round of your rookie draft? If there was ever a year where one didn't, I would think this is the year. 1st round for RBs this year feels like a reach.

Tex
So you see Lloyd going in the 1st round of your rookie draft? If there was ever a year where one didn't, I would think this is the year. 1st round for RBs this year feels like a reach.
I do actually because each league is “fluid” as well as each team. I have NO need of a QB, WR, or TE….. zero but I have aging backs like Kamara, Zeke, along with a few young studs like Jacob’s, ET, and Taylor but it’s the middle guys I need to replace to keep this particular team winning championships.

So yes I will snatch up the best RBs available because that’s what I need after I draft the best talent available with my first pick.
Tex

For reference my top WR are Jefferson, Lamb and Puka.

Not that anyone cares but to think that NO running back will be take in round one has been doing this waaaay too long and have forgotten that there’s a few of us that will go against the grain to get what we want or need.

Tex

Not that anyone cares but to think that NO running back will be take in round one has been doing this waaaay too long and have forgotten that there’s a few of us that will go against the grain to get what we want or need.

Tex
I’d rather draft BPA and trade for need.

Tex
So my point is you might be correct, it might be a reach but one that is necessary and makes sense, yet it is the correct decision for that team especially if the “talent” that is on the board is only comparable to whose on your bench every week.

If I draft a WR unless and injury happens he’s just going to ride my bench he might be a bye week filler so in this situation I prefer to upgrade at that RB position. For us who pick on the back end…. Grabbing a RB might be the best route to take.

Tex

Tex
I don’t think you’re necessarily wrong because normally I do but this year is different and it’s bad for my leaguemates but perfect for me.

There’s not one WR in this draft I’d take over Puka, Jefferson or Lamb then my fill-ins are Garrett Wilson, Jordan Addison, George Pickens, Quentin Johnston, Rashod Bateman, Micheal Pittman, DeAdre Hopkins, Deebo Samuels, forgive me if I misspelled a name but here’s an example.

So out of this list I will replace Hopkins but that’s it so I don’t always follow that Fantasy Gravy Train every now and then there a drat were you can go against the grain and win big and this is that year. There’s waaaayyy too many WR to draft one that early when they will be available in the 2nd and 3rd.

Grab your RB first depending on where you’re drafting.

Tex

Tex
So my point is you might be correct, it might be a reach but one that is necessary and makes sense, yet it is the correct decision for that team especially if the “talent” that is on the board is only comparable to whose on your bench every week.

If I draft a WR unless and injury happens he’s just going to ride my bench he might be a bye week filler so in this situation I prefer to upgrade at that RB position. For us who pick on the back end…. Grabbing a RB might be the best route to take.

Tex
BPA an Need sometimes overlap, yes.

Tex
I don’t think you’re necessarily wrong because normally I do but this year is different and it’s bad for my leaguemates but perfect for me.

There’s not one WR in this draft I’d take over Puka, Jefferson or Lamb then my fill-ins are Garrett Wilson, Jordan Addison, George Pickens, Quentin Johnston, Rashod Bateman, Micheal Pittman, DeAdre Hopkins, Deebo Samuels, forgive me if I misspelled a name but here’s an example.

So out of this list I will replace Hopkins but that’s it so I don’t always follow that Fantasy Gravy Train every now and then there a drat were you can go against the grain and win big and this is that year. There’s waaaayyy too many WR to draft one that early when they will be available in the 2nd and 3rd.

Tex

Kramer, you’re fighting children???

We’re all at the same skill level, Jerry.

Tex

There’s not one WR in this draft I’d take over Puka, Jefferson or Lamb then my fill-ins are Garrett Wilson, Jordan Addison, George Pickens, Quentin Johnston, Rashod Bateman, Micheal Pittman, DeAdre Hopkins, Deebo Samuels,

Tex

It very well could be a reach but no I’ve never had a draft that a RB wasn’t taken in the 1st.

I’m not necessarily saying I see Lloyd going but I personally like him better than most and will likely grab him in the 2nd regardless of who I draft in the first but I have five 2nd round picks and plan to walk away with at least 3 running backs out of this class.

Here’s why Johnny, I very rarely pick in the top 3 or top 5 unless I trade for it. The talent this year is so deep at WR that many seem to be sleeping on the RB class, the QBs are deep. I very rarely get to pick decent RB unless I find that one people are sleeping on and there seems to be one or two on every draft and I’ve been lucky enough to grab those guys and to me Lloyd fits that same clothe. This is the year to get some real value out of a class that’s actually really good just not a lot of hype. Some get hype mixed up with talent.

:Twocents:

Tex

Tex

Tex

Kramer, you’re fighting children???

We’re all at the same skill level, Jerry.
Not sure who you are or where you come from but clearly you’re new.

Tex

This seems like the perfect class to fall into nice little scenarios, and then get wiped out by the stud 2025 rookies. :lol:
Looking at RB. Which teams by 2025 will not be looking at RB. Atlanta, Jets, Lions(even though see them drafting Thunder), Seattle and maybe Indy. That is it. 27 of 32 could be in position to draft in next 2 years. Not sure 25 draft is that much more special but that is a lot of spots that could use another RB.

Great landing sports this year by 4th round
Dallas, Philly, Minny, Chargers, Packers, Carolina, Redskins, Arizona, Baltimore, Giants

Spots where drafted in first 3 rounds might get you thinking hard
KC, Vegas, Patriots, Browns, Houston, Titans, Bears, Bucs,

Now Free Agency will change some of this but there is plenty of nice spots now and in 2 years, many others could be in need of looking.

MarShawn Lloyd carried only 116 times but he ranked No. 1 in broken tackle percentage (24%) and yards after contact per attempt (4.25). That was after posting impressive evasion numbers in his final year at South Carolina. ... I’m buying where ever I can.

Like a number of the low center group, love 'em even more when they're disproportionately low & he's one of them. They're usually not high ceiling options but are often consistent with volume & YAContact. As mentioned, he has to clean up the ball security & the main concern there is the small hands. Kimani Vidal is another one who did well for himself. Ray Davis timed in the 4.5s but get him in the right scheme & he'll produce too.

Jonathan Brooks has excellent acceleration & ball skills & it's just me but I think he's a committee 'back. If his height to weight ratio is accurate (6'0", 207lbs), that just doesn't lend itself. Draft tracker lists him at 216, so they may have weighed him. If that's good weight, that could change things. Was understandably behind Bijan, but seemingly Roshon as well? Often too high, gets stood up and dragged back a lot. His go to technique is PP is to lead with the shoulder. As a ball carrier doesn't make use of that free hand enough to suit me. Doesn't get a push, not a finisher, not a tackle-breaker. I think he's a day 3 guy.

MarShawn Lloyd carried only 116 times but he ranked No. 1 in broken tackle percentage (24%) and yards after contact per attempt (4.25). That was after posting impressive evasion numbers in his final year at South Carolina. ... I’m buying where ever I can.

Like a number of the low center group, love 'em even more when they're disproportionately low & he's one of them. They're usually not high ceiling options but are often consistent with volume & YAContact. As mentioned, he has to clean up the ball security & the main concern there is the small hands. Kimani Vidal is another one who did well for himself. Ray Davis timed in the 4.5s but get him in the right scheme & he'll produce too.

Jonathan Brooks has excellent acceleration & ball skills & it's just me but I think he's a committee 'back. If his height to weight ratio is accurate (6'0", 207lbs), that just doesn't lend itself. Draft tracker lists him at 216, so they may have weighed him. If that's good weight, that could change things. Was understandably behind Bijan, but seemingly Roshon as well? Often too high, gets stood up and dragged back a lot. His go to technique is PP is to lead with the shoulder. As a ball carrier doesn't make use of that free hand enough to suit me. Doesn't get a push, not a finisher, not a tackle-breaker. I think he's a day 3 guy.
I've done quite a bit of reading on Brooks and I can't say I agree with you, especially regarding the measurements worry or the implied yards after contact worry (your words "doesn't get a push, not a finisher". While I do wish he was 216 and not 207, I don't see that as a major concern, because his frame can easily add some weight. It's not like he's 190 lbs. I'm not impressed with the "gets stood up and dragged back a lot" concern. Nor the "doesn't make use of the free hand enough" concern. There's going to have to be more serious concerns than that. In April of 2023 before last season, Brooks ranked first in average yards after contact (5.07) and third in yards per carry (6.6) among Big 12 running backs with at least 30 rushing attempts last season. Across 51 career carries, Brooks has averaged 6.7 yards per attempt and 4.94 yards after contact with six scores.. As for yards after contact in 2023, He ranked ninth with 3.91 yards after contact per carry and seventh with 64 missed tackles among 47 FBS-level running backs in this draft class. Against Kansas he had 111 yards after contact and 6 missed tackles forced. It doesn't sound like your statement "not a finisher, not a tackle breaker" has any merit, unless you know something I don't.

Last edited:
The only concern I have with Brooks is that I don't think he has elite speed. He'll get caught from behind on a long run and he doesn't truly explode off his first step.

Everything else is there. Vision, patience, good enough athleticism, breaks plenty of tackles (dunno where the claim he doesn't do that comes from). For me, if he goes to a good spot in the 2nd round he's in the conversation for a top 10 pick. He's the easy RB1 in this class and I think he'd have been a lock for high rd2 draft capital without the injury.

I've done quite a bit of reading on Brooks and I can't say I agree with you, especially regarding the measurements worry or the implied yards after contact worry (your words "doesn't get a push, not a finisher". While I do wish he was 216 and not 207, I don't see that as a major concern, because his frame can easily add some weight. It's not like he's 190 lbs. I'm not impressed with the "gets stood up and dragged back a lot" concern. Nor the "doesn't make use of the free hand enough" concern. There's going to have to be more serious concerns than that. In April of 2023 before last season, Brooks ranked first in average yards after contact (5.07) and third in yards per carry (6.6) among Big 12 running backs with at least 30 rushing attempts last season. Across 51 career carries, Brooks has averaged 6.7 yards per attempt and 4.94 yards after contact with six scores.. As for yards after contact in 2023, He ranked ninth with 3.91 yards after contact per carry and seventh with 64 missed tackles among 47 FBS-level running backs in this draft class. Against Kansas he had 111 yards after contact and 6 missed tackles forced. It doesn't sound like your statement "not a finisher, not a tackle breaker" has any merit, unless you know something I don't.

I watched Brooks vs Alabama, Oklahoma & the game you referenced, Kansas St. Some areas he impressed, some he did not. Is there content contrary to the player I saw? Of course, which isn't unusual. Below are at least four sources I would think you're familiar with, all of which mention the same concern I did. The url at the bottom is the play he got hurt on. Important to note, each of those sources say a lot of good things about Brooks. My yac comment was in reference to the players I had mentioned. Stats, we know about them, right? Define contact? That which I saw Brooks come through I just didn't happen to find impressive. Not to suggest my opinion is correct.

Versus TCU Brooks was having himself a game. Then, he's about to rip another big chunk but he's subjected to a torpedo, a real tackle! He sees it but misjudges it about as poorly as he could. It appears he attempts to use his free hand but he's way high, it's ineffective, doesn't land at all. Great ball skills but in other areas doesn't make full use of his hands. With the combine he's since listed at 216. Is that honker weight, because if it is he's obviously bought into a weight & conditioning program that's going to help best prepare his body. At fantasypros he's ranked 180 (.5ppr), the WRs in this class are getting far more respect.

"... has good burst but can be a little hesitant to punch the gas between the tackles until he sees clear points of entry, and he isn't a physical run finisher. ... Power into and through contact is just average." - NFL.com draft tracker profile

" ... might not be an “every down back”, but teams that incorporate backs into their passing attack and make use of personnel, alignment, and motion to create space could unleash his skillset to great effect. ... Teams looking for a bigger “power” back will likely look elsewhere. ... Some teams will have concerns regarding Brooks beyond the medical issues. He has a relatively slight build for an NFL running back, and more closely resembles a slot receiver..." - Chris Pflum, (bigblueview.com & used to also cover the Giants for SI)

"Can stand to add more functional mass & strength... often brought down on first contact... Isn't a powerful runner who breaks tackles routinely." -
steelersdepot.com

"Below-average balance and power. ... struggles to run through contact at the line of scrimmage, and he regularly goes down on first contact at the second level. He rarely pushes piles or finds extra yards." - bleacherreport.com

The play on which he was injured: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgGrnLxYQZs

I watched Brooks vs Alabama, Oklahoma & the game you referenced, Kansas St. Some areas he impressed, some he did not. Is there content contrary to the player I saw? Of course, which isn't unusual. Below are at least four sources I would think you're familiar with, all of which mention the same concern I did. The url at the bottom is the play he got hurt on. Important to note, each of those sources say a lot of good things about Brooks. My yac comment was in reference to the players I had mentioned. Stats, we know about them, right? Define contact? That which I saw Brooks come through I just didn't happen to find impressive. Not to suggest my opinion is correct.

Versus TCU Brooks was having himself a game. Then, he's about to rip another big chunk but he's subjected to a torpedo, a real tackle! He sees it but misjudges it about as poorly as he could. It appears he attempts to use his free hand but he's way high, it's ineffective, doesn't land at all. Great ball skills but in other areas doesn't make full use of his hands. With the combine he's since listed at 216. Is that honker weight, because if it is he's obviously bought into a weight & conditioning program that's going to help best prepare his body. At fantasypros he's ranked 180 (.5ppr), the WRs in this class are getting far more respect.

"... has good burst but can be a little hesitant to punch the gas between the tackles until he sees clear points of entry, and he isn't a physical run finisher. ... Power into and through contact is just average." - NFL.com draft tracker profile

" ... might not be an “every down back”, but teams that incorporate backs into their passing attack and make use of personnel, alignment, and motion to create space could unleash his skillset to great effect. ... Teams looking for a bigger “power” back will likely look elsewhere. ... Some teams will have concerns regarding Brooks beyond the medical issues. He has a relatively slight build for an NFL running back, and more closely resembles a slot receiver..." - Chris Pflum, (bigblueview.com & used to also cover the Giants for SI)

"Can stand to add more functional mass & strength... often brought down on first contact... Isn't a powerful runner who breaks tackles routinely." - steelersdepot.com

"Below-average balance and power. ... struggles to run through contact at the line of scrimmage, and he regularly goes down on first contact at the second level. He rarely pushes piles or finds extra yards." - bleacherreport.com

The play on which he was injured: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgGrnLxYQZs
Contradicts the numbers I posted, which are fact, not opinions about his yards after contact.

Contradicts the numbers I posted, which are fact, not opinions about his yards after contact.
I guess this is to suggest that all contact is equal & all yards after contact are equal, which is absurd.
Yards after contact is pretty clear to me on its meaning and what it means to football. I’m fine if you disagree. I don’t want to argue about it and try to not say your opinion is absurd.

Last edited:
I still think the FF value of this class is going to be largely dependent on landing spot, regardless of testing. And if they aren’t early picks, I’m seeing a lot of potential committee guys.

Is it possible that a couple of them are able to elevate the team they go to? Of course, but it’s going to be difficult to predict who.

Beware the underwear Olympics. Raw numbers are going to make a lot of folks look past their college tape.

I’m usually only impressed by combine numbers if they further support if they’ve shown exceptional on-field play.

Yards after contact is pretty clear to me on its meaning and what it means to football

I agree with this. It’s an important factor.

I’ll add that sometimes even that doesn’t translate if the player lacks vision or patience as a runner. Sometimes YAC just means they run into dudes a lot. And in the NFL those dudes are bigger and stronger, so it might not work at the next level.

No one is talking about Bucky Irving here and man, for a small guy I thought he would test better. It's one thing when a big guy like Estime tests poorly, but Irving needed to test better at 5'9" 192 lbs.. I comped him to James Cook and had him in my top 5 in this class, but now I don't know. One shouldn't let the pajamas workouts wipe out the complete body of work, but come on Irving :frown: Probably the most disappointing combine for any player on my list to watch.

Irving better show something at his pro-day, if he has one.

There’s not one WR in this draft I’d take over Puka, Jefferson or Lamb then my fill-ins are Garrett Wilson, Jordan Addison, George Pickens, Quentin Johnston, Rashod Bateman, Micheal Pittman, DeAdre Hopkins, Deebo Samuels,
The reason to take BPA in rookie drafts is because the whole goal is to find a multi year starter worthy player. That has value across the league. Reaching for a lesser player (that is already a crap shoot whether or not any player reaches starter level quality) only diminishes the chances of finding that starter level player. Reaching for a position of need for a player that has a lesser chance of being relevant is just lowering your hit rate. If you draft to a position of strength because that player is more likely to "hit" gives you pieces to maneuver with. Draft a lesser player at a position of need that is more likely to not hit is just a wasted pick.

The reason to take BPA in rookie drafts is because the whole goal is to find a multi year starter worthy player. That has value across the league. Reaching for a lesser player (that is already a crap shoot whether or not any player reaches starter level quality) only diminishes the chances of finding that starter level player. Reaching for a position of need for a player that has a lesser chance of being relevant is just lowering your hit rate. If you draft to a position of strength because that player is more likely to "hit" gives you pieces to maneuver with. Draft a lesser player at a position of need that is more likely to not hit is just a wasted pick.
Well said. Could not agree more.

While I agree with most of what you are saying, take the best player and trade from strength the positions you need.

I wouldn't go so far as to say its a wasted pick. They could still trade whatever player they took and there is some value to getting even a few startable games.

Eta - in the context of Tex team right now he has reasoned that he needs RB not WR. Perhaps these 2nd round picks are perceived as the lowest acquisition price for a RB?

If the WR is a better player though, and there appears to be many of them, I think you take the WR and trade one of your established good WR for a really good RB.

Last edited:
While I agree with most of what you are saying, take the best player and trade from strength the positions you need.

I wouldn't go so far as to say its a wasted pick. They could still trade whatever player they took and there is some value to getting even a few startable games.
If that’s the idea, a much stronger play is trading the pick.

Once the pick is put to a name it loses value, like driving a brand new car off the lot.

Just advertise the pick as available before the draft, accept the best offer and voila. Much broader appeal. Someone might want the pick to flip it, or to use on a specific target.

I should have said, more likely to be a wasted pick. Any pick can hit as we are all just guessing. That reach of a RB could end up being LDT2 and win your league for you. But going into a draft the best approach is to maximize the probability of getting a starter caliber player. You do that by taking the BPA and not going after a lesser player due to positional need

The only caveat I have to this is in SF or 2 QB leagues where QB's have their own value structure and sometimes that is enough to raise their value in the ranks of dart throws to the point where you take a player you think has a lesser chance of hitting because the scarcity and obvious ceiling potential makes that risk of bust worth it.

Once the pick is put to a name it loses value, like driving a brand new car off the lot.

Just advertise the pick as available before the draft, accept the best offer and voila. Much broader appeal. Someone might want the pick to flip it, or to use on a specific target.
The bolded is generally my approach. I value picks much less than the typical dynasty owner so I would much rather trade a pick for a player I have seen succeed in the NFL. Much less risk. However, I don't give away picks because I do understand that other's value them greatly and try and use that to my advantage.

The bolded is generally my approach. I value picks much less than the typical dynasty owner so I would much rather trade a pick for a player I have seen succeed in the NFL. Much less risk. However, I don't give away picks because I do understand that other's value them greatly and try and use that to my advantage.
My personal opinion of those that don't value draft picks in dynasty leagues, is they win and leave eventually because their team are stocked with geezers and no picks. As a commish I can't stand guys like that in dynasty leagues, because they make it hard to find a replacement. I think those with that mentality should only play in redraft leagues.

My personal opinion of those that don't value draft picks in dynasty leagues, is they win and leave eventually because their team are stocked with geezers and no picks. As a commish I can't stand guys like that in dynasty leagues, because they make it hard to find a replacement. I think those with that mentality should only play in redraft leagues.
I understand the value of draft picks........I just don't become a slave to them. I think we are talking about two different types of owners here. Your hated owner doesn't care about picks and burns through them to win now and torches all future building blocks. They are in it to win it short term and don't care about anything else.

My philosophy is to utilize draft picks to help build a roster than continues to compete and not just burn through draft picks because they have value. I am not saying to never use a draft pick but to maximize the value discrepancy to your advantage to maintain a teams ability to contend every year. I am never devoid of draft picks but I typically use premium picks to acquire proven players unless there is a prospect I really believe in.

My hated owner is the draft pick hoarder. They never compete in the current year because they are always playing for the future and hold draft picks in such high regard that they are the end all be all. They are always playing for next year and never bring any meaningful competition to the current year. But it will happen next year!!! Until two weeks in when they are 0-2 and start trading away players for picks.....Ugh.

I dunno - in my 1st year dynasty startup I dealt my 2024 1st, 2024 2nd and pick 2.16 for 1.14, where I selected CeeDee Lamb.

That 2024 1st ended up being 1.13

It’s not that I don’t value rookie picks. I just value proven talent & I was/am a huge believer that Lamb is the dynasty WR2 behind JJ.

I was able to take Puka in the 5th round of our rookie draft.

My roster would be snapped up pretty quickly if I abandoned the team, which I won’t. :shrug:

I can see both philosophies - I’m more aligned with @Gally in that I don’t value rookie picks as much, but that changes draft to draft.

Worth noting, it’s not a 1-way street - you can later trade players for picks after the season if you get a little rookie fever. I’m working on that now, as I have only a 5th round pick this year.

I dunno - in my 1st year dynasty startup I dealt my 2024 1st, 2024 2nd and pick 2.16 for 1.14, where I selected CeeDee Lamb.

That 2024 1st ended up being 1.13

It’s not that I don’t value rookie picks. I just value proven talent & I was/am a huge believer that Lamb is the dynasty WR2 behind JJ.

I was able to take Puka in the 5th round of our rookie draft.

My roster would be snapped up pretty quickly if I abandoned the team, which I won’t. :shrug:

I can see both philosophies - I’m more aligned with @Gally in that I don’t value rookie picks as much, but that changes draft to draft.

Worth noting, it’s not a 1-way street - you can later trade players for picks after the season if you get a little rookie fever. I’m working on that now, as I have only a 5th round pick this year.
I understand all of that and agree. What I'm talking about are those that devoid a team of picks and end up with a bunch old guys and leave the league. Those are the ones that I can't stand in dynasty leagues and hope never join one of my leagues, because I've been a commish a long time in dynasty and have already been down that road of replacement misfortune. IMO they should stick with redraft.

I understand all of that and agree. What I'm talking about are those that devoid a team of picks and end up with a bunch old guys and leave the league. Those are the ones that I can't stand in dynasty leagues and hope never join one of my leagues, because I've been a commish a long time in dynasty and have already been down that road of replacement misfortune. IMO they should stick with redraft.
That’s fair. I’ve seen that a couple times over the years.

This year in one league we had a team make a few trades sending off older players before the deadline to acquire picks, then after the season gave up his team. Thought that was super cool of them. Made the team more attractive to a prospective buyer.

I think the decision should be impacted by scarcity as well.

If there are only a few RB you think can be starters soon, maybe you take one of them before a WR that you may have in a tier with 6 other WRs.

Curious for thoughts/backstory on Keilan Robinson? I was somewhat surprised how strong and fluid he looked in Combine drills, but now see he got a total of 12 carries (11.2 YPC). What's the deal with this guy other than being behind Brooks? How does a guy who toted the ball 12 times in 2023-2024 season earn a right to be at the Combine?

Curious for thoughts/backstory on Keilan Robinson? I was somewhat surprised how strong and fluid he looked in Combine drills, but now see he got a total of 12 carries (11.2 YPC). What's the deal with this guy other than being behind Brooks? How does a guy who toted the ball 12 times in 2023-2024 season earn a right to be at the Combine?
Good question. I think Keilan Robinson has some appeal to NFL teams primarily for his ST play.

We are ten years removed from the debate of Mike Evans or Bishop Sanjay at 1.02.

BPA all the way IMO.
I had 1.03 in that draft and thought for sure Evans was going 1.02 (as he should’ve). 1.02 grabbed Sankey I couldn’t yell Evans name quick enough! Used Evans to beat the sankey owner over the years a couple times for championships😃

ALWAYS go BPA.

Always

We are ten years removed from the debate of Mike Evans or Bishop Sanjay at 1.02.

BPA all the way IMO.
I wonder if Bishop Sankey is now a barista sticking that credit card device on a stick in your window to tip creep? I pay by cash at the window :)

I agree, for instance I have Lloyd in my top 5 running backs would only take four or five WRs and 1 TE that’s a top 10-15 pick….. not that much of a reach and falls into line with my approach.

Tex

I personally don't think any of these RBs, with the possible exception of Brooks, has any long term value. Sure, some will have short term value most likely, but no way in hell I waste a #1 pick on them.

For me, if he goes to a good spot in the 2nd round he's in the conversation for a top 10 pick. He's the easy RB1 in this class and I think he'd have been a lock for high rd2 draft capital without the injury.
Seeing those same attributes, just not consistently leverage & physicality. I've read that Brooks isn't going to be ready to do anything until July. But agree that he'd go higher if he hadn't been injured, had a pro day & participated at the combine. For evaluators who might want to know how he went down, what if any number of them happen to place much of the responsibility of his injury on him? If so, might he may be off their board? Can't say with a high degree of confidence, but my guess is that even if he's a 2nd RD talent no team is going to take him that early.

Regardless of when he's taken, if he ends up on a team like the Chargers, look out! Gotta love that there's indication he's bigger & stronger. Love low to the ground but team captains, mindset, football IQ & work ethic are big too. Personally, I'm leaning toward the bowling balls in the back.

Users who are viewing this thread