Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JaxBill

Cowboys-Giants to kick off 2012

19 posts in this topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/cowboys-at-giants-on-nbc-to-open-2012-nfl-season/Also saw a couple twitter rumors that Peyton's Broncos will be in Prime Time Opening Weekend also.Stillers-Broncos rematch Sunday night????http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/cowboys-at-giants-on-nbc-to-open-2012-nfl-season/

Probably broncos-chargers to cap off the MNF double header

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/cowboys-at-giants-on-nbc-to-open-2012-nfl-season/Also saw a couple twitter rumors that Peyton's Broncos will be in Prime Time Opening Weekend also.Stillers-Broncos rematch Sunday night????http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/cowboys-at-giants-on-nbc-to-open-2012-nfl-season/

No offense to the Chargers and that rivalry, but the Steelers are a better national TV draw.

No offense to the Chargers and that rivalry, but the Steelers are a better national TV draw.
usually a west coast team has the late MNF game. :SHURG: Maybe san fran vs someone this year? who knows

GB, Pitt, and NO all seemed like better options.

GB NYG would have been better. Opening kickoff should be reserved for winners.

The league wants teams playing within their division at the start and end of the season. Just like last year.

The league wants teams playing within their division at the start and end of the season. Just like last year.

I don't remember division opponents playing each other in the opener. Normally it's a team that was at least relevant the year before and the SB winner.

Maybe for our halftime entertainment we can get a little MMA cage match action going between John Mara and Jerruh Jones. A bit of bad blood between those two lately over the salary cap penalty.

What happened to Thursday opener?

What happened to Thursday opener?

It was moved to Wednesday to avoid conflict with Obama's speech at the Democratic Convention

I don't remember division opponents playing each other in the opener. Normally it's a team that was at least relevant the year before and the SB winner.
You are correct. It actually did not happen last year because the league feared the possibility that early season games could be missed due to the lockout.

I was guessing the Giants were going to get the Saints on that opening day tilt. Also thought it could be Giants-Niners although I do expect SF to get one of the night games during opening week and felt there was a better chance it would be Sunday or Monday.

Well the only guarantee in the NY-Dallas game is afterwards, whichever team loses, the media will grossly blow it out of proportion in the grand scheme of a 16 game season.

I was guessing the Giants were going to get the Saints on that opening day tilt. Also thought it could be Giants-Niners although I do expect SF to get one of the night games during opening week and felt there was a better chance it would be Sunday or Monday.Well the only guarantee in the NY-Dallas game is afterwards, whichever team loses, the media will grossly blow it out of proportion in the grand scheme of a 16 game season.

Ross Tucker said this morning that the league probably didn't want the Saints in the opener so that Bountygate wouldn't be a prime topic for the league's big night.

I was guessing the Giants were going to get the Saints on that opening day tilt. Also thought it could be Giants-Niners although I do expect SF to get one of the night games during opening week and felt there was a better chance it would be Sunday or Monday.Well the only guarantee in the NY-Dallas game is afterwards, whichever team loses, the media will grossly blow it out of proportion in the grand scheme of a 16 game season.

Ross Tucker said this morning that the league probably didn't want the Saints in the opener so that Bountygate wouldn't be a prime topic for the league's big night.
The Saints always bring huge ratings to primetime games. Couple that with what went down this offseason, and the league would have a ratings bonanza.

Maybe for our halftime entertainment we can get a little MMA cage match action going between John Mara and Jerruh Jones. A bit of bad blood between those two lately over the salary cap penalty.

:goodposting::lmao:

The Saints always bring huge ratings to primetime games. Couple that with what went down this offseason, and the league would have a ratings bonanza.
Probably, but I don't think the league wants to highlight Bountygate.

Probably, but I don't think the league wants to highlight Bountygate.
You can understand not wanting to highlight Bountygate, but short of cancelling the Saints 2012 season, Bountygate will be brought up every week on the tv broadcast of the Saints games.