What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (4 Viewers)

MyQis older, no Alexa no camera so I can't speak to that.   It syncs to your garage door opener like the button in your car or other remotes.

I have the app on my phone and am notified whenever it's opened.  I can open/close it remotely from my phone.

I will say on really windy days the sensor goes a little wonky

Eta: there is no cloud service with my opener at all so they're yeah there's no monthly fee

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the MyQ because it can be used with Amazon package delivery. For $30 not bad.

I also ordered the 14 piece Ring system, the 6 additional sensors, and the Ring Video Doorbell 2.

Bye $500. Like I said though, $50 a month savings on monitoring pays for it quickly.

WTF?

100% ORGANIC PROBIOTICS: Our aerial dispersion system continuously releases a proprietary blend of all-natural, chemical-free Enviro-Biotics to eliminate allergens such as pollen, pet dander, and foul odors. Treats up to 800 square feet.
I shoots bacteria into the air in order to purify it??

i am not a prime member, but been sniffing around other retailers.  i found a 3rd generation firestick for 14.99 at office depot/max.

Really would like it better if it did.  "Alexa - is the garage door down?"  "Alexa, close garage door."
The MyQ doesn't work with Alexa for liability reasons. For example, if you were inside the house and your kid was in the driveway standing under the garage door and you told Alexa to close it, it might close on your kid. (A lot of people have sensors to prevent that, but you know what I mean.)

Don't have an echo or dot yet. Trying to order thru app on phone. Looks like it added to my cart at full price. Help?

Nevermind. Figured it out. Even more savings. 👍
I ordered the Ring with the dot and was looking into getting this.  Is there away to get the $5 deal without ordering through Alexa?

Sling credits may be helpful if you want cheap option for NFL Redzone. The 3 months credit will get you NFL redzone access for $20/mo plus channels Sling offers. 

The $14.99 $fire stick package right after midnight gave the stick, 2 months HBO and 3 months $45 Sling credit. Tried searching to find it and appears now dead. Brings up "Page Not Found". Perhaps it'll come up again before the prime days end.

Sling credits may be helpful if you want cheap option for NFL Redzone. The 3 months credit will get you NFL redzone access for $20/mo plus channels Sling offers. 

The $14.99 $fire stick package right after midnight gave the stick, 2 months HBO and 3 months $45 Sling credit. Tried searching to find it and appears now dead. Brings up "Page Not Found". Perhaps it'll come up again before the prime days end.
To confirm - redzone package with them is $35 a month, and the credit knocks that down to $20?

To confirm - redzone package with them is $35 a month, and the credit knocks that down to $20?
From my understanding that's correct. $25 Blue Package (I think it's Blue) + $10 Sports Package that includes Redzone - $15/mo credit. 

I don't think it works with existing customers from what I read. My assumption would be if you're an existing customer right now, let your current subscription lapse, then use a different email address to start service. The Sling credit must be activated by Aug 31 so if you time activation right, you can get the first 12 weeks of NFL season/Redzone at $20/mo.

The MyQ doesn't work with Alexa for liability reasons. For example, if you were inside the house and your kid was in the driveway standing under the garage door and you told Alexa to close it, it might close on your kid. (A lot of people have sensors to prevent that, but you know what I mean.)
Oh yeah to add. For safety reasons if you use the app to close the garage. A light will flash and it will beep for approx. 30 seconds before closing

BS.  It doesn't work with Alexa or other 3rd party apps because Chamberlain wants to negotiate subscription fees like they've done with IFTTT and Google Home. Alexa is no different than you closing the garage door with their app from inside your house while your kid is under the door.

BS.  It doesn't work with Alexa or other 3rd party apps because Chamberlain wants to negotiate subscription fees like they've done with IFTTT and Google Home. Alexa is no different than you closing the garage door with their app from inside your house while your kid is under the door.
Tell em, Ron. 

Also see the Smart Home thread. I have questions.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/757388-official-smart-home-thread/?tab=comments#comment-20259691

I have an iphone - I'll also use them with my PC from time to time and have no problems with connectivity or anything.
With the wireless headphones I have tried, I don't have problems with connectivity with tablets, PCs or even my phone when I am stationary. But,when I am running outside, the connectivity can be anywhere from not  bad to awful.

I’ve been eyeing an Alienware m17 laptop for a few months. Checked out Amazon today to see if it was on sale - factoring in the prime 6% cash back, it was $400 cheaper than Dell’s website (which is also running a prime sale), and about $800-1000 cheaper than normal retail. Pretty nuts. 

The Sling credit was supposed to be for all Fire devices bought anytime today and tomorrow.   I'll see if I can find it.

Bought Galaxy Tab A $159, 4K Fire Stick $24 and 128GB mini card $20.

The good:  I had a suspicion the old lady had forgotten about the gift card I gave her for Valentines so I tired the code.  $50 off!

The bad:  The shipping said to order within the next 12 hours to get it by Wed.  A couple hours later when I pushed the button the shipping changed to Thurs.  We are out of town this weekend starting Thurs.  I imagine their shipping channels get blocked up, but, they ought to honor the ticker and Prime 2-day.  I mean they have all year to prepare.

Anybody with Bluetooth earbud experience...specifically Altec Lansing MZX635?  I've been thinking about getting a pair.  These have some mixed reviews, but at only $20, I may take a chance...   

ETA...lol...in the time it took me to post this, the deal filled up and the price jumped to $32.70.

I have a pair of galaxy ear buds i might sell. Got for free when i bought my S10 Plus and only tried them once or twice. They are nice but i just don't like earbuds with squishy tips. Really, i like my wired airbuds. Wouldn't mind trying airpods. I do have an android though so alot of the functionality isn't there.

I think these are the ones. Not "international version" or whatever though.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Bluetooth-Wireless-Charging-International/dp/B07Q26MFGQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=7S872CF0AY1Y&keywords=galaxy+earbuds&qid=1563233975&s=gateway&sprefix=galaxy+ear%2Caps%2C223&sr=8-4

I have a pair of galaxy ear buds i might sell. Got for free when i bought my S10 Plus and only tried them once or twice. They are nice but i just don't like earbuds with squishy tips. Really, i like my wired airbuds. Wouldn't mind trying airpods. I do have an android though so alot of the functionality isn't there.

I think these are the ones. Not "international version" or whatever though.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Bluetooth-Wireless-Charging-International/dp/B07Q26MFGQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=7S872CF0AY1Y&keywords=galaxy+earbuds&qid=1563233975&s=gateway&sprefix=galaxy+ear%2Caps%2C223&sr=8-4
Those are squishy?  They don't look like it.  Anyway, hard ear buds fall right out of my ears.  I am much better with squishy ones.  I always have trouble keeping ear buds in my ears.  That is one of the reasons I have been so hesitant to get a pair.  At least with wired ones they can't fall far and get lost.  I was looking at some Bose ear buds that had a finder feature on an app. That sounds like something that would come in handy if I go wireless.

ETA...Ah, I now see the squishy side down in the case...

Craig_MiamiFL said:
Great deal. Spent ~$50 more on it like a month or 2 ago
Have you used it? Works well I hope?

The lightning deal was $158. Now the link goes to a used one...

Here it is. All Fire TV devices are eligible for Sling credit. 

Amazon smart plugs were gone by the time I made it home to Alexa.  :kicksrock: Alexa, I hear you calling, but I can't come home right now......

No surprise to see Amazon pimping ancestry DNA testing in their bid to take over the world. 

I picked up:

• $25 gift card with $5 credit
  • Dog bully sticks
  • A 4-pack laser tag gun-only set for $37
  • Some cleaner Wirecutter recommended
  • Nat Geo watching guide - we have some bird feeders outside our kitchen window and we all enjoy the birds
  • Amazon basics T-shirt for the wife - to see if they're any good

Got a ring pro / echo on a presale.  Setup was a bit tricky as i have a brick house and my builder used an electric box for the door bell.  Had to get s cover from Lowe's which was no big deal.  What is a big deal is that it is horizontal and not vertical.  What's worse is that it's at a 90 degree angle to my door so you can't see very much.  I guess that is my fault for not thinking ahead.  

But the app, wow... that thing sucks.  I've been testing it and several times when i try to watch the front door, either thru alerts or to try, and it doesn't load.

Basically, I'm thinking about selling mine.

Amazon's site UI is terrible every day but it's even worse on Prime Day.  Sale pages are cluttered with tons of junk to scroll through before a random matrix of items relevant in only the broadest sense.  Back navigation is problematic.

If you're searching for an item by description, search results mix Prime Day sale items with the usual odd Amazon brands.

Got a ring pro / echo on a presale.  Setup was a bit tricky as i have a brick house and my builder used an electric box for the door bell.  Had to get s cover from Lowe's which was no big deal.  What is a big deal is that it is horizontal and not vertical.  What's worse is that it's at a 90 degree angle to my door so you can't see very much.  I guess that is my fault for not thinking ahead.  

But the app, wow... that thing sucks.  I've been testing it and several times when i try to watch the front door, either thru alerts or to try, and it doesn't load.

Mine works great when I check the motion and ring alerts.  Check your wifi signal strength.  It could be causing your problem.

I have the same problem. Doesn’t work at the front door. Pool area one works. My WiFi is super fast too. 

Not the most earth-shattering purchase, but This was recommended by someone over in the Grilling & Smoking thread. I bought a can a month or so ago for $10 and was amazed at how well it cleaned up grill parts. Stuff that wouldn't scrape off with steel wool or a scraper rubbed off on my fingers when I picked them up after being sprayed and letting it sit for a couple hours.  6 cans for $25 on the Prime deal.

i have some ring cameras that run fine on my front door and garage door.  i wanted to get a ring doorbell but i dont think it will fit on the narrow piece of wood where my doorbell is located.  starting to think its probably not worth it and will also look terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread