Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Maddenf

Amazon Prime

My son wants a gaming chair (his current chair is pretty bad, so he needs something new)

Been looking at a few deals but I have no idea what I am looking for.  Any recommendations?  Thanks

19 minutes ago, northern exposure said:

Anybody know of good wireless, Bluetooth headphones suitable for running, etc.? Any I have tried don't stay connected to my Samsung Galaxy when I'm using Spotify.

I've been pretty happy with these. The sound is unspectacular but solid, they stay put while you run, and it's hard to beat the price IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, caustic said:

I've been pretty happy with these. The sound is unspectacular but solid, they stay put while you run, and it's hard to beat the price IMO.

Same. I've been very happy with mine, and that's a really good deal. Think I paid close to $30 for mine.

ETA- I have an iphone tho. No experience linking with Galaxy.

Edited by Tecumseh
  • Like 1

Where did you see the Ring 2 doorbell for $99? Is that the Ring Pro or is it different?

4 minutes ago, joker said:

Where did you see the Ring 2 doorbell for $99? Is that the Ring Pro or is it different?

You have to order it using Alexa I believe. Ring 2 and Ring Pro aren't the same product.

https://www.amazon.com/alexa-voice-shopping/b?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=a061ba88a72811e9ad5ac695055d12510INT&ie=UTF8&node=14552177011

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
  • Like 1

Grabbed: 

MyQ Smart Garage Opener ($30). - Two buddies have it and love it. Auto close door at night, check if open or closed, open remotely for Friends dropping off / picking up stuff, 

Blink XT2 Indoor/Outdoor Smart Security Cameras: $99/ set of two.— Buddy uses them and loves them. Super Easy to install (no wires, just change Batteries every two years). No fees for online storage. 2 way audio. Remote view. Night vision. Adjustable motion zones. Etc. 

Edited by [icon]
  • Like 1

MyQ is worth every penny  $30 ?@?$@?#$

I paid 90  2.5 years ago and thought it was a steal

Edited by belljr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

There was  a pretty insane TV deal through Best Buy/Amazon this AM around midnight PST. 75' Roku Smart TV for $399.

It was this TV:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-75-class-led-4-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/6319340.p?ref=8575135&loc=fe4873aca71a11e98eab5eb20a345d120INT&acampID=fe4873aca71a11e98eab5eb20a345d120INT&skuId=6319340

https://www.amazon.com/TCL-75S425-Inch-Smart-Roku/dp/B07N719K59/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=3f5ddc06a71b11e9819e22945b031f960INT&keywords=tcl 75s425 75 inch 4k uhd smart roku tv 2019&qid=1563172054&s=gateway&sprefix=tcl 75&sr=8-3

Prices are back up but possible marked back down during prime days. I'd just recommend going to the slickdeals hot deals forum and refreshing. They do a good job of posting the deals.

Man. Id jump on that in a hot second.

Wait I'm confused the MyQ I bought is still $90 and not the 29.99 I see on prome deal.   Trying to find difference :lol:

eta: looks like the old model is still marked up !!

Edited by belljr

1 hour ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

There was  a pretty insane TV deal through Best Buy/Amazon this AM around midnight PST. 75' Roku Smart TV for $399.

It was this TV:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-75-class-led-4-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/6319340.p?ref=8575135&loc=fe4873aca71a11e98eab5eb20a345d120INT&acampID=fe4873aca71a11e98eab5eb20a345d120INT&skuId=6319340

https://www.amazon.com/TCL-75S425-Inch-Smart-Roku/dp/B07N719K59/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=3f5ddc06a71b11e9819e22945b031f960INT&keywords=tcl 75s425 75 inch 4k uhd smart roku tv 2019&qid=1563172054&s=gateway&sprefix=tcl 75&sr=8-3

Prices are back up but possible marked back down during prime days. I'd just recommend going to the slickdeals hot deals forum and refreshing. They do a good job of posting the deals.

I have the S517 49" in my bedroom and the R617 65" in my living room. Went TCL and won the panel lottery twice, great TV's IMO and glad I made the purchase. Tried both out post-calibration and the picture is outstanding. If you go this route, be sure to buy an extended warranty as the panel lottery from their lack of QA is a very real thing with this brand. I took the plunge because outside of an OLED when I read RTINGS forums on the higher priced brands I was interested in, I'm reading more and more about quality issues, so I figured what the heck.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, belljr said:

There's no monthly fee right? Thinking of getting this. Looks like you can give Amazon access for package drop off? Anyone do that?

33 minutes ago, belljr said:

Doesn't work with Alexa, right?

• Like 1

MyQis older, no Alexa no camera so I can't speak to that.   It syncs to your garage door opener like the button in your car or other remotes.

I have the app on my phone and am notified whenever it's opened.  I can open/close it remotely from my phone.

I will say on really windy days the sensor goes a little wonky

Eta: there is no cloud service with my opener at all so they're yeah there's no monthly fee

Edited by belljr

28 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Doesn't work with Alexa, right?

Doesn't look like it, but not sure if I really need it to, it would be nice.

I ordered the MyQ because it can be used with Amazon package delivery. For $30 not bad.

I also ordered the 14 piece Ring system, the 6 additional sensors, and the Ring Video Doorbell 2.

Bye $500. Like I said though, $50 a month savings on monitoring pays for it quickly.

7 minutes ago, rick6668 said:

Doesn't look like it, but not sure if I really need it to, it would be nice.

Really would like it better if it did.  "Alexa - is the garage door down?"  "Alexa, close garage door."

WTF?

100% ORGANIC PROBIOTICS: Our aerial dispersion system continuously releases a proprietary blend of all-natural, chemical-free Enviro-Biotics to eliminate allergens such as pollen, pet dander, and foul odors. Treats up to 800 square feet.

I shoots bacteria into the air in order to purify it??

2 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

$4.99 Amazon smart plugs if you're an Alexa type. Have to order it through Alexa to get this price.

https://www.amazon.com/alexa-voice-shopping/b?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=617b1cb6a71d11e9b8ab3e8a4a86d54f0INT&ie=UTF8&node=14552177011

Edit: Sorry just saw this was a repost :bag:

Don't have an echo or dot yet. Trying to order thru app on phone. Looks like it added to my cart at full price. Help?

Nevermind. Figured it out. Even more savings. 👍

Edited by cap'n grunge

i am not a prime member, but been sniffing around other retailers.  i found a 3rd generation firestick for 14.99 at office depot/max.

1 minute ago, Chemical X said:

i am not a prime member, but been sniffing around other retailers.  i found a 3rd generation firestick for 14.99 at office depot/max.

Same price on Amazon currently, but you have to buy online I believe to get the $45 sling credit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Same price on Amazon currently, but you have to buy online I believe to get the $45 sling credit.

didn’t know there was a sling credit, but i really don’t need sling.

2 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

didn’t know there was a sling credit, but i really don’t need sling.

Also, you could pick the HBO credit (2 months I think).  I don't think you get both. 

3 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Also, you could pick the HBO credit (2 months I think).  I don't think you get both. 

so many places to get hbo free, do i need the credit?  mobdro seems decent enough.  but i am light years away from understanding this stuff.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Really would like it better if it did.  "Alexa - is the garage door down?"  "Alexa, close garage door."

The MyQ doesn't work with Alexa for liability reasons. For example, if you were inside the house and your kid was in the driveway standing under the garage door and you told Alexa to close it, it might close on your kid. (A lot of people have sensors to prevent that, but you know what I mean.)

27 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

Don't have an echo or dot yet. Trying to order thru app on phone. Looks like it added to my cart at full price. Help?

Nevermind. Figured it out. Even more savings. 👍

I ordered the Ring with the dot and was looking into getting this.  Is there away to get the $5 deal without ordering through Alexa?

Sling credits may be helpful if you want cheap option for NFL Redzone. The 3 months credit will get you NFL redzone access for $20/mo plus channels Sling offers. 

The $14.99 $fire stick package right after midnight gave the stick, 2 months HBO and 3 months $45 Sling credit. Tried searching to find it and appears now dead. Brings up "Page Not Found". Perhaps it'll come up again before the prime days end.

2 minutes ago, JMon348 said:

I ordered the Ring with the dot and was looking into getting this.  Is there away to get the $5 deal without ordering through Alexa?

Download the Amazon Alexa app and order thru that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, caustic said:

Thanks. Are you linking them with a Samsung phone or other?

2 hours ago, Tecumseh said:

Same. I've been very happy with mine, and that's a really good deal. Think I paid close to $30 for mine.

ETA- I have an iphone tho. No experience linking with Galaxy.

Thanks for your feedback.

Also ordered an Echo with $5 smart plug and a fire stick.

Edited by cap'n grunge

5 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Sling credits may be helpful if you want cheap option for NFL Redzone. The 3 months credit will get you NFL redzone access for $20/mo plus channels Sling offers. 

The $14.99 $fire stick package right after midnight gave the stick, 2 months HBO and 3 months $45 Sling credit. Tried searching to find it and appears now dead. Brings up "Page Not Found". Perhaps it'll come up again before the prime days end.

To confirm - redzone package with them is $35 a month, and the credit knocks that down to $20?

3 minutes ago, matttyl said:

To confirm - redzone package with them is $35 a month, and the credit knocks that down to $20?

From my understanding that's correct. $25 Blue Package (I think it's Blue) + $10 Sports Package that includes Redzone - $15/mo credit. 

I don't think it works with existing customers from what I read. My assumption would be if you're an existing customer right now, let your current subscription lapse, then use a different email address to start service. The Sling credit must be activated by Aug 31 so if you time activation right, you can get the first 12 weeks of NFL season/Redzone at $20/mo.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, phandango said:

The MyQ doesn't work with Alexa for liability reasons. For example, if you were inside the house and your kid was in the driveway standing under the garage door and you told Alexa to close it, it might close on your kid. (A lot of people have sensors to prevent that, but you know what I mean.)

Oh yeah to add. For safety reasons if you use the app to close the garage. A light will flash and it will beep for approx. 30 seconds before closing

1 hour ago, phandango said:

BS.  It doesn't work with Alexa or other 3rd party apps because Chamberlain wants to negotiate subscription fees like they've done with IFTTT and Google Home. Alexa is no different than you closing the garage door with their app from inside your house while your kid is under the door.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, northern exposure said:

Thanks. Are you linking them with a Samsung phone or other?

I have an iphone - I'll also use them with my PC from time to time and have no problems with connectivity or anything.

41 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

BS.  It doesn't work with Alexa or other 3rd party apps because Chamberlain wants to negotiate subscription fees like they've done with IFTTT and Google Home. Alexa is no different than you closing the garage door with their app from inside your house while your kid is under the door.

Tell em, Ron. 

Also see the Smart Home thread. I have questions.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/757388-official-smart-home-thread/?tab=comments#comment-20259691

1 hour ago, caustic said:

I have an iphone - I'll also use them with my PC from time to time and have no problems with connectivity or anything.

With the wireless headphones I have tried, I don't have problems with connectivity with tablets, PCs or even my phone when I am stationary. But,when I am running outside, the connectivity can be anywhere from not  bad to awful.

I’ve been eyeing an Alienware m17 laptop for a few months. Checked out Amazon today to see if it was on sale - factoring in the prime 6% cash back, it was $400 cheaper than Dell’s website (which is also running a prime sale), and about $800-1000 cheaper than normal retail. Pretty nuts. 

3 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

The Sling credit was supposed to be for all Fire devices bought anytime today and tomorrow.   I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is with the 4K stick.  I saw it elsewhere it was separate and said you get it for all Fire device bought during prime days.  If you really want it get a hold of customer service.  They are supposed to email you a code within a week or so.  

• Like 1

Bought Galaxy Tab A $159, 4K Fire Stick $24 and 128GB mini card $20.

The good:  I had a suspicion the old lady had forgotten about the gift card I gave her for Valentines so I tired the code.  $50 off!

The bad:  The shipping said to order within the next 12 hours to get it by Wed.  A couple hours later when I pushed the button the shipping changed to Thurs.  We are out of town this weekend starting Thurs.  I imagine their shipping channels get blocked up, but, they ought to honor the ticker and Prime 2-day.  I mean they have all year to prepare.

Anybody with Bluetooth earbud experience...specifically Altec Lansing MZX635?  I've been thinking about getting a pair.  These have some mixed reviews, but at only $20, I may take a chance...   

ETA...lol...in the time it took me to post this, the deal filled up and the price jumped to $32.70.

Edited by Galileo

I have a pair of galaxy ear buds i might sell. Got for free when i bought my S10 Plus and only tried them once or twice. They are nice but i just don't like earbuds with squishy tips. Really, i like my wired airbuds. Wouldn't mind trying airpods. I do have an android though so alot of the functionality isn't there.

I think these are the ones. Not "international version" or whatever though.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Bluetooth-Wireless-Charging-International/dp/B07Q26MFGQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=7S872CF0AY1Y&keywords=galaxy+earbuds&qid=1563233975&s=gateway&sprefix=galaxy+ear%2Caps%2C223&sr=8-4

Edited by cap'n grunge

1 hour ago, cap'n grunge said:

I have a pair of galaxy ear buds i might sell. Got for free when i bought my S10 Plus and only tried them once or twice. They are nice but i just don't like earbuds with squishy tips. Really, i like my wired airbuds. Wouldn't mind trying airpods. I do have an android though so alot of the functionality isn't there.

I think these are the ones. Not "international version" or whatever though.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Bluetooth-Wireless-Charging-International/dp/B07Q26MFGQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=7S872CF0AY1Y&keywords=galaxy+earbuds&qid=1563233975&s=gateway&sprefix=galaxy+ear%2Caps%2C223&sr=8-4

Those are squishy?  They don't look like it.  Anyway, hard ear buds fall right out of my ears.  I am much better with squishy ones.  I always have trouble keeping ear buds in my ears.  That is one of the reasons I have been so hesitant to get a pair.  At least with wired ones they can't fall far and get lost.  I was looking at some Bose ear buds that had a finder feature on an app. That sounds like something that would come in handy if I go wireless.

ETA...Ah, I now see the squishy side down in the case...

Edited by Galileo