What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (2 Viewers)

Got the Ring doorbell (something Ive been looking for an excuse to get) and Echo Dot (I already have an Echo) for $70!

Last edited by a moderator:
$14.99 for Fire TV Stick + 2 free months HBO (auto-renews so be sure to cancel) + $45 Sling TV credit ($15 off your first 3 months of Sling).  Hoping to use these Sling credit during NFL season for Redzone. $15 for the stick alone is worth it.

4k stick is only $24.99
Did the 4k stick, but from what I can see it does not include the Sling credit - only the basic one does.

Did the 4k stick, but from what I can see it does not include the Sling credit - only the basic one does.
Ok, this is just weird.  Literally one minutes after sending the above, I get an e-mail from Amazon with the code for my $45 sling credit.  :tinfoilhat:

Maybe I should ***** about the more often?

Does the Apple Watch series 3 need a separate account, or can you get by just having your phone in the vicinity most of the time? This would be for a 14 year old. 

$14.99 for Fire TV Stick + 2 free months HBO (auto-renews so be sure to cancel) + $45 Sling TV credit ($15 off your first 3 months of Sling).  Hoping to use these Sling credit during NFL season for Redzone. $15 for the stick alone is worth it.
Also, are you sure you get both credits on the same purchase?  It looks like you either get one, or the other.

Does the Apple Watch series 3 need a separate account, or can you get by just having your phone in the vicinity most of the time? This would be for a 14 year old. 
It only needs a separate account if you want to use it without the phone around. I think with WiFi you don’t actually need the phone either, but the non-4G/LTE one can’t connect without the phone outside of WiFi. You can use the watch functionality and you don’t have to pay monthly to daybreak AT&T. My son’s is like that and my wife’s and mine are the 4G/LTE so we pay I think $10 per month. Same price as the iPads that were cellular as well. 

That seems like a really good deal.  I have been looking for something like this for my bedroom.  I have an older Sony bravia 43 inch that's not even a smart tv.  Think I'm gonna get it
IMO unless you are watching from 2 feet  away there is little need for 4K on a 43” TV. 

Screen Size

Optimal Distance
(1080p)

Optimal Distance
(4k)

25" - 3.2' (0.98 m) - 1.5' (0.46 m)

30" - 3.8' (1.16 m) - 1.7' (0.52 m)

35" - 4.4' (1.35 m) - 2' (0.61 m)

40" - 5.1' (1.56 m) - 2.3' (0.71 m)

45" - 5.7' (1.74 m) - 2.6' (0.8 m)

50"- 6.3' (1.93 m) - 2.9' (0.89 m)

55" - 7' (2.14 m) - 3.2' (0.98 m)

60" - 7.6' (2.32 m) 3.8' (1.16 m)

65" - 8.2' (2.5 m) - 4.1' (1.25 m)

70" - 8.9' (2.72 m) - 4.4' (1.35 m)

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship

I also ended up getting a Shimano Sellus for 23 dollars, it is a better deal theoretically. However, I have 8 ugly sticks and I know what I am getting with them. I only have a single Shimano rod and it is a high end 200+ dollar rod. I do not know how their cheap rods will hold up.

I still need 1-2 more inshore rods and also a reel in the 4000-6000 class. I have been holding off on buying a reel this year because i managed to get a Penn Spinnfisher for 50 dollars last prime day. Finding them for under 180 dollars is a good deal.

https://www.amazon.com/SHIMANO-0068-2273-Susdx68M-Sellus-Spinning/dp/B005XOHBGE/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=shimano+sellus&psr=PDAY&qid=1563197633&s=prime-day&sr=1-2

Screen Size

Optimal Distance
(1080p)

Optimal Distance
(4k)

25" - 3.2' (0.98 m) - 1.5' (0.46 m)

30" - 3.8' (1.16 m) - 1.7' (0.52 m)

35" - 4.4' (1.35 m) - 2' (0.61 m)

40" - 5.1' (1.56 m) - 2.3' (0.71 m)

45" - 5.7' (1.74 m) - 2.6' (0.8 m)

50"- 6.3' (1.93 m) - 2.9' (0.89 m)

55" - 7' (2.14 m) - 3.2' (0.98 m)

60" - 7.6' (2.32 m) 3.8' (1.16 m)

65" - 8.2' (2.5 m) - 4.1' (1.25 m)

70" - 8.9' (2.72 m) - 4.4' (1.35 m)

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-size/size-to-distance-relationship
As far as resolution.  However, user reviews seem to indicate that the 4k Firestick has a faster processor and more memory than the HD Firestick, so there's less buffering and a better HD picture for non-4k content. I'm assuming the same thing applies to the 4k v. HD Fire TVs.

I bought an echo dot

we already have 2 echos (kitchen and basement) so for $20 I’ll just use it to move around to other areas where I might want a speaker (deck, patio, etc) from time to time

Fire TV Cube for $69.  That's a no brainer for anyone still using a stick.

A couple questions if anyone can help:

1- All the Samsung Tab tablets are on sale. I'm ditching the suck Fire tablet I have.  Which are best in the 10.1 screen size?  S3 is old version right, much difference between S4 and S5?  I know nothing about these.\

ETA: I guess this is the one on sale.  Good deal?  Difference between Tab A and S?

2- I'm assuming the Fire Recast has a TV Guide like interface, yet for $179 sale price you still need a Fire TV to use it?  Is there an app or anything on the Fire TVs that give you a TV Guide interface for OTA channels?  I really don't care about recording.

Any smaller tv's (less than 32") that have USB support for movies on Amazon today... looking to mount one to a wall in my basement.

As far as resolution.  However, user reviews seem to indicate that the 4k Firestick has a faster processor and more memory than the HD Firestick, so there's less buffering and a better HD picture for non-4k content. I'm assuming the same thing applies to the 4k v. HD Fire TVs.
I would NEVER suggest buying a TV for the hard wired “smart” features.  The market moves way way too fast, and the “dongles” Are way too cheap. 

I was merely pointing out the distances required to benefit from the step up to 4K on a small 43” TV are ridiculous. Unless you’re using it as a desktop monitor you’re wasting your money. 

I would NEVER suggest buying a TV for the hard wired “smart” features.  The market moves way way too fast, and the “dongles” Are way too cheap. 

I was merely pointing out the distances required to benefit from the step up to 4K on a small 43” TV are ridiculous. Unless you’re using it as a desktop monitor you’re wasting your money. 
I'm convinced. I'll get the Insignia 39" HD version for $10 less.

For $190 I can use it for target practice if technology changes.

I also ended up getting a Shimano Sellus for 23 dollars, it is a better deal theoretically. However, I have 8 ugly sticks and I know what I am getting with them. I only have a single Shimano rod and it is a high end 200+ dollar rod. I do not know how their cheap rods will hold up.

I still need 1-2 more inshore rods and also a reel in the 4000-6000 class. I have been holding off on buying a reel this year because i managed to get a Penn Spinnfisher for 50 dollars last prime day. Finding them for under 180 dollars is a good deal.

https://www.amazon.com/SHIMANO-0068-2273-Susdx68M-Sellus-Spinning/dp/B005XOHBGE/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=shimano+sellus&psr=PDAY&qid=1563197633&s=prime-day&sr=1-2
Penn Battle 2 on sale.

PS4 bundle with Spider-Man and Horizon zero dawn is $250. Not quite as good a deal as last Black Friday, but those are both excellent games so it’s a good time to jump in if you don’t have a PS4 already. 

It was sent to me by e-mail, but here's the link
Thanks. That’s awesome. I have some smart plugs I used for Christmas but they were a pain to setup through an intermediary site and they didn’t work with the Echo Show (wife won a work contest, so that’s in Kitchen now).

$5 per plug is crazy cheap, so anything that will be easier to setup and use is great. 

I was trying to figure out what id use it for. lights are all I can think of

its like the new version of Clap on CLap off
For me I would like a few outdoor rated WiFi plugs.  Here are a few things I use plugs for.

- I have a few fans that I would like to kick on in the garage before I go in there.

- I have a few for indoor Christmas lights (different brand)

- I have one outdoor rated WiFi plug for outdoor Xmas lights.  Currently using it for the pump on my little intex pool.

Fire TV Cube for $69.  That's a no brainer for anyone still using a stick.

A couple questions if anyone can help:

1- All the Samsung Tab tablets are on sale. I'm ditching the suck Fire tablet I have.  Which are best in the 10.1 screen size?  S3 is old version right, much difference between S4 and S5?  I know nothing about these.\

ETA: I guess this is the one on sale.  Good deal?  Difference between Tab A and S?

2- I'm assuming the Fire Recast has a TV Guide like interface, yet for $179 sale price you still need a Fire TV to use it?  Is there an app or anything on the Fire TVs that give you a TV Guide interface for OTA channels?  I really don't care about recording.
Why?

What does the cube add?  Is it mostly voice-control stuff?  Is it a better or different interface?
Well it used to be that the Fire TV was a lot faster than the stick, so much so that after trying the Fire TV I dreaded using the stick.  (note: there isn't a Fire TV choice anymore it's either Cube or Stick)  BUT, maybe that's changed and the sticks are a lot better now, I don't know.

The Cube has an Ethernet port so you don't have to rely on WiFi if that fits your situation.  It is also a full fledged Alexa speaker, you don't have to press a button and talk into the remote, and to integrate with other devices (smart lights etc.) the stick will need to be paired up with an Echo.  My understanding is the Cube will do it by itself.

For me I would like a few outdoor rated WiFi plugs.  Here are a few things I use plugs for.

- I have a few fans that I would like to kick on in the garage before I go in there.

- I have a few for indoor Christmas lights (different brand)

- I have one outdoor rated WiFi plug for outdoor Xmas lights.  Currently using it for the pump on my little intex pool.
I use mine in similar way - like a user friendly timer.  Christmas lights, vacation lighting.  This past winter I used one for a space heater in my daughter's room in the morning. 

Users who are viewing this thread