What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (9 Viewers)

Hypothetical:

If this was Manning,( the good one), Brees or Rogers, you know, guys that will win you your league,would you have rostered them in the hope they play most of the year?

That's really all we are talking about here, the rest is noise.
Actually, some of us are Browns fans and don't give a flying #### about your pretend football squad. But yes, I realize we are in the minority. Which explains the over-zealous nature of many of the posters here.
This is a big example of not getting it. Wow.
:potkettle: times about a 1,000.

Hypothetical:If this was Manning,( the good one), Brees or Rogers, you know, guys that will win you your league,would you have rostered them in the hope they play most of the year?That's really all we are talking about here, the rest is noise.
Actually, some of us are Browns fans and don't give a flying #### about your pretend football squad. But yes, I realize we are in the minority. Which explains the over-zealous nature of many of the posters here.
Last time I checked, this was a fantasy football board called the shark pool.I'm sure there are plenty of browns boards you can hang out in.
The Shark Pool (NFL Talk)IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE SHARK POOL Threads that are asking for advice on how you should draft or manage your team belong in The Assistant Coach forum.Yea, sorry the world doesn't revolve around your pretend team "coach."
There is zero information in this thread about my ff team, other than Gordon is on the roster, not sure what point your trying to make.

It's a thread about Gordon, I've made many posts in this thread, and this thread has been the subject of multiple bans by the mods, I've received, zero bans to date, so , I'm assuming that , you know, the mods think what I posted was ok, but since you are here now, we no longer need mods, thanks for helping.
I'm starting to think you don't even know what you posted.

@Adam Schefter : per source, Josh Gordon to be reinstated for week 2 after NFL and NFLPA come to agreement on new drug policy. More to come
So you are telling me as a member of a football community like this site and an avid football fan I assume since you play fantasy football, that you dont know which Adam Schefter account is real and which is fake?

One source told cleveland.com that the NFL has known about Gordon's suspension since February. However, it's unclear exactly which players will fall under the new policy -- players who tested positive in the new league year or players who were actually suspended after March 11.
Gordon still has a chance but I'd put his odds a lot higher if he had failed the test in this league year. If there is a new policy it will go into effect for 2014 (March 11). If they start applying it to players who failed a test during the 2013 then they are opening up a can of worms.
I keep hearing this argument and I don't buy it at all. The NFL and NFLPA will do whatever the eff they want. And they want to #freeJoshGordon.
Exactly. Frankly, it's a dumb argument.
Yeah, I don't know why they keep making this argument.

One source told cleveland.com that the NFL has known about Gordon's suspension since February. However, it's unclear exactly which players will fall under the new policy -- players who tested positive in the new league year or players who were actually suspended after March 11.
Gordon still has a chance but I'd put his odds a lot higher if he had failed the test in this league year. If there is a new policy it will go into effect for 2014 (March 11). If they start applying it to players who failed a test during the 2013 then they are opening up a can of worms.
I keep hearing this argument and I don't buy it at all. The NFL and NFLPA will do whatever the eff they want. And they want to #freeJoshGordon.
Will they #freeBlackmon as well?
What were his scores?

With the possibility of looser rules on pot, what's Gordon's trade value now? Are we back to late 2013 levels (top 5 stud WR)? Or does he still have significant risk of blowing it regardless (e.g., DUI)?

Hypothetical:

If this was Manning,( the good one), Brees or Rogers, you know, guys that will win you your league,would you have rostered them in the hope they play most of the year?

Actually, most FF'ers don't give a flying #### about your hapless, hopeless Browns either. But here's the thing...this entire forum is dedicated to "pretend football squads". I'm sure there are forums where you can discuss how bad the Browns suck to your heart's desire.

So Ray Rice should expect to sit for 4 more games then, right?

I love how the arbitrator took months to come down with a Gordon ruling yet the league is now fast-tracking a negotiation so that pothead can get back on the field by next week. Ridiculous.

This idiot will undoubtedly get caught again by the time he is re-instated.

With the possibility of looser rules on pot, what's Gordon's trade value now? Are we back to late 2013 levels (top 5 stud WR)? Or does he still have significant risk of blowing it regardless (e.g., DUI)?
Looser rules or not, if he gets back to anything close to his level six months ago, I'm cashing out. The new rules will be nice, but it's still hard to imagine him having a long career. If I can get top 5-10 WR value for him, seeeeeeeeeeeeee ya.

Adam Harstad said:
cstu said:
The strangest part of this story is what is the rush on the part of the NFLPA? One high profile player got suspended but there are probably hundreds of players taking HGH right now who would be impacted. The NFL has been trying to get HGH testing done for years but now it appears the players are going to roll over to save Josh Gordon.
Actually, it looks like they were fine with Gordon going down for a year, but they're rolling over to save Welker from 4 games.
Fishing ?
No, I'm saying that's really what it looks like. I know that's not actually the case, but that's the optics of it. Josh Gordon got a year and nobody in the NFLPA said anything. Wes Welker got four games and within a couple of days we're hearing stories about how the NFLPA and the NFL are furiously negotiating to get Gordon and Welker's suspensions reduced.
That's not how it looks to me. It looks like there finally has been enough pressure to bear on the NFLPA through its members that the NFL has a legitimate lever to get at HGH and is willing to concede some harsh penalties on pot use to get at it.

That's a good trade off for both parties, IMO. It's always interesting to see the NFLPA going full bore at the league for not protecting the players enough when the players don't seem to give a damn about themselves in some issues that are actively harmful to them.

1 hour ago

It looks likely that Wes Welker will remain suspended for Week One of the NFL season.According to Pro Football Talk the NFL and NFLPA continue to hammer out a new comprehensive drug policy, but do not expect it to be done until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest. This means that suspended players like Denver Broncos receiver Wes Welker, and Cleveland Browns receiver Josh Gordon will remain suspended for week one of the NFL season, but could gain clearance for next weeks games.

This means that Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker has a chance to play against the division rival Kansas City Chiefs as they head to Denver in week two of the season. The big question remains whether or not Welker's suspension will be reduced or even wiped away completely. According to ESPN's Jeff Legwold, the Denver Broncos believe that Welker's suspension will be wiped away completely if the NFL and NFLPA come to an agreement on a new drug policy next week, but it is unclear if that will happen or not. So it's not a given, but it remains a possibility. It is unclear whether or not if Welker would have been able to play this week anyways. Welker suffered a third concussion in under a year during the Denver Broncos third preseason game against the Houston Texans. Welker did return to practice this week before being suspended, but was not fully cleared. So this week off could be a blessing in disguise for Welker. It will give him another week to recover from the concussion, and we potentially could see him next week against theKansas City Chiefs. We here at Mile High Report will keep you posted on this in the coming days as more news and updates become available! Go Broncos!

Source says earliest a new drug policy will be finalized is Monday or Tuesday. Existing suspensions will stand for Week One.

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) September 6, 2014
Wasn't the original story ...Any new agreement would have to be completed by this Sunday (today) or it was not going to happen at all?

1 hour ago

It looks likely that Wes Welker will remain suspended for Week One of the NFL season.According to Pro Football Talk the NFL and NFLPA continue to hammer out a new comprehensive drug policy, but do not expect it to be done until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest. This means that suspended players like Denver Broncos receiver Wes Welker, and Cleveland Browns receiver Josh Gordon will remain suspended for week one of the NFL season, but could gain clearance for next weeks games.

This means that Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker has a chance to play against the division rival Kansas City Chiefs as they head to Denver in week two of the season. The big question remains whether or not Welker's suspension will be reduced or even wiped away completely. According to ESPN's Jeff Legwold, the Denver Broncos believe that Welker's suspension will be wiped away completely if the NFL and NFLPA come to an agreement on a new drug policy next week, but it is unclear if that will happen or not. So it's not a given, but it remains a possibility. It is unclear whether or not if Welker would have been able to play this week anyways. Welker suffered a third concussion in under a year during the Denver Broncos third preseason game against the Houston Texans. Welker did return to practice this week before being suspended, but was not fully cleared. So this week off could be a blessing in disguise for Welker. It will give him another week to recover from the concussion, and we potentially could see him next week against theKansas City Chiefs. We here at Mile High Report will keep you posted on this in the coming days as more news and updates become available! Go Broncos!

Source says earliest a new drug policy will be finalized is Monday or Tuesday. Existing suspensions will stand for Week One.

Wasn't the original story ...Any new agreement would have to be completed by this Sunday (today) or it was not going to happen at all?
no

Hypothetical:

Actually, most FF'ers don't give a flying #### about your hapless, hopeless Browns either. But here's the thing...this entire forum is dedicated to "pretend football squads". I'm sure there are forums where you can discuss how bad the Browns suck to your heart's desire.
Actually, this entire forum is dedicated to "sharing NFL talk and fantasy football strategy discussion". Seems like discussing his Browns ought to qualify as NFL talk, no matter how bad they are. On the other hand, pretend football squad talk probably belongs in the Assistant Coach Forum where you can talk about your team to your heart's desire.

1 hour ago

no
According to NFL.com's Albert Breer, Sunday is a "soft deadline" for an agreement. The Washington Post has since confirmed PFT's report. The sides have been trying to hammer out a pact that would allow testing for HGH. As a concession, the league would then raise the threshold for positive marijuana tests, and move amphetamines from the PED policy to substance-abuse policy. First-team substance abuse violations do not mandate a suspension. The situation is still very much up in the air, but it appears Gordon is worth stashing.

Do you not understand the concept of a soft deadline?

Nothing at all about that report that suggests, even remotely, that today was a hard deadline for deal or no deal. They have been negotiating this for 3 years, there is no hard deadline to get it done.

From the suspended players perspective, sooner is better, but no deadlines.

He didn't cost me anything I can't get back on the roster though. It is still not over till it is over. The truth between such polarizing reports is somewhere in the middle.

Yea Lacanfora pretty much put this Gordon story to rest. He said he wouldn't even waste a bench spot on him. They're not even close to agreeing on a deal also. Oh well

Weren't some of those quotes days old? It's really just a wait and see at this point. Still worth the roster spot until something is finalized. Maybe josh will then decide to sue... Anything to keep this party going.

Yea Lacanfora pretty much put this Gordon story to rest. He said he wouldn't even waste a bench spot on him. They're not even close to agreeing on a deal also. Oh well
Well that about does it.
So are we all dropping Gordon now? Thinking about dropping him and preemptively picking up someone else like Cunningham.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that about does it.
So are we all dropping Gordon now? Thinking about dropping him and preemptively picking up someone else.
If you're in the league with the guy who dropped Eric Decker for him - yes. If you're going to pick up Jonathan Dwyer? I'd sit.

Well that about does it.
So are we all dropping Gordon now? Thinking about dropping him and preemptively picking up someone else.
Dropping him for who? Is there really anyone on the WW right now that you must have?

He is a hold through Tuesday minimum.

I've never felt so good, then so bad, then so good, about accepting a 2015 1st for Gordon.

He's not on my team anymore but I still can't help but check in on this thread. Like watching a car crash in slow motion.

La Canfora: Amnesty for currently suspended players unlikely

by Chris Towers | CBSSports.com

(10:32 am ET) Though the NFL and player's union are working toward a settlement numerous questions regarding the drug testing policy, CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports that amnesty for players currently serving suspensions is not being strongly considered.

According to the report, neither side in the negotiations appears to be pushing for reductions to current suspensions for players like Wes Welker or Josh Gordon . At this point in the negotiations, it does not seem like a priority.

"Right now I don't see us reaching an agreement in the near term with or without player suspensions being lifted," a league source said.

Well that about does it.
Dropping him for who? Is there really anyone on the WW right now that you must have?

And until a definitive statement is made he still has value as trade throw in.

Well, no one that important but after the Lacy and Ellington injuries I'm hurt at RB and it seemed like your article tipped the scales far in favor of the suspension not being lifted. If it's not over then I may just drop White instead and pickup Cunningham.

Ken Carman @KenCarman · 8m
"Question isn't 'If' now, but 'when' Josh Gordon will play this season." - @TonyGrossi on @BrownsRadio
I feel like this guy is just trying to give browns fans false hope and doesn't seem credible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread