What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (10 Viewers)

So it seems his manager is a good dude to have around him at this stage, someone does need to hush Josh up in his interviews. BTW, there is a dude in a previous post defending shtick and attacking the guy trying to get people to stop tolerating the tired shtick. Thats where we are at I guess. lol "How dare you criticize the shtick."

Anyways, prediction for this week 4/59/0. Next week vs GB, 7/88/1
The schtick has been going for 200 pages. Why is it suddenly a problem now? Just roll with the schtick or ignore it. Complaining about it at this point seems like the horse has left the barn, the city, County, state & planet. 

Week 13 Production Profile: Josh Gordon’s Undesirable Spot

Excerpt:

The good news is that wide receiver Josh Gordon is returning this week and will play “as much as possible” (per Jackson). The bad news is that Gordon’s ownership will likely be inflated, and the Browns are last in the league with 15.09 PPG. They’re also facing the Chargers, who are stacked in the secondary and have allowed opponents to hit their implied totals in a league-low three games. In the words of Gimli, “You could’ve picked a better spot.”

Might all be true. Still - hard to imagine the Chargers have faced anyone like Gordon, and one might assume the Browns would average more scoring if they’d had Gordon in their lineup all season. 

Sometimes interesting the way writers slice and dice to justify a position - not saying it’s incorrect, but it isn’t necessarily correct based on those points. 

Also I imagine the Browns will be playing from behind all game, so Gordon could be a volume play regardless of the score.  :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Might all be true. Still - hard to imagine the Chargers have faced anyone like Gordon, and one might assume the Browns would average more scoring if they’d had Gordon in their lineup all season. 

Sometimes interesting the way writers slice and dice to justify a position - not saying it’s incorrect, but it isn’t necessarily correct based on those points. 

Also I imagine the Browns will be playing from behind all game, so Gordon could be a volume play regardless of the score.  :shrug:
I imagine the Browns 22nd ranked in pass pro O-line will have great difficulty containing the Chargers 7th ranked D-line. Twice as many sacks as Gordon receptions is my prediction.

Picked him up for free, leaving my WR7 on the bench.

Coleman averages 8 targets per game.

In the games that Coleman missed, the top receiver for the Browns averaged 7.4 targets per game.

I don't think Coleman is that much of Kizer's guy.

I truly miss how much bigger than corners Gordon is.

He makes them look like little children. It's so comforting to watch. And that speed... That speed... I cant see that slant taken to the house. I can see it.

Yeah I get that... just wondering if there was some kind of "teaching moment" coming where Josh Gordon is back, but he's not BACK right away. Curious if we'll see maybe less than 50% snaps... couple targets... something to make it look like he has to EARN IT as opposed to just waltzing in after multiple suspensions and sitting at the head of the table.

Dude hasn't played football in three years and apparently never sober... no telling what we'll see next week.
A season ending injury?

Not hoping by any means but this is a long time away from the game.

You think it is wise to start a guy who has not played a snap in 3 years? Risk vs reward, is it good enough? You really expecting a good fantasy day with your playoffs on the line on the road against a stellar D with a rookie QB? I hope he blows up, but good lord, thats daring. I'm waiting a week before he is in my lineups, but then again I have the luxury to wait, some dont. But benching Dez like someone said above for him? No bueno.

But benching Dez like someone said above for him? No bueno.
Man hasn't topped 73yds since Week 4. Gordon can top that in 1 play, and has done so several times.

Gordon is in my lineup, no matter what. But for those risk adverse, Dez isnt a guy Id be afraid to bench for Gordon. 

Man is the 23rd ranked WR in my PPR league this season. 30th in nonPPR.

No bueno.

Wow, just wow. This argument, is...just wow.

Dez hasnt topped 73 yards since week 4? Gordon hasnt gained 1 yard in 3 years, I mean....your shtick is tired.
I'm sure when you say Gordon is in your lineup no matter what, means nothing to any person...they see your bias and irrational remarks regarding Gordon.
Gordon is the last ranked WR in every single league right now.
No bueno, I mean, this is how easy it is to decimate an argument when the person uses shtick to make points.

Your argument for benching Dez is he is WR23, so a WR2 to most teams. lol Are we serious here?

Guys, I know we all want to talk about Gordon's one big season, but let's not forget the fact that the last time this guy played in the league, he was very average.  He played in 5 games in 2014 and didn't score a single touchdown. 

Here are his stats for the 2014 season:

Week 12: 8 receptions 120 yards

Week 13: 7 rec  75 yards

Week 14: 2 rec  15 yards

Week 15: 3 rec  48 yards

Week 16: 4 rec  45 yards

That killed many people's fantasy playoffs.   And that was three years ago.  So proceded with caution.

Thats the point, proceed with caution...wait a week. I sure hope people are not buying the one biased person in here. It would be like listening to a defendants lawyer for all the facts of a case. You will only get one side and the side that benefits one player and all of it may be entirely untrue in the end.

Thats the point, proceed with caution...wait a week. I sure hope people are not buying the one biased person in here. It would be like listening to a defendants lawyer for all the facts of a case. You will only get one side and the side that benefits one player and all of it may be entirely untrue in the end.
Currently my WR’s are Stills, C Davis a banged up JuJu and Gordon. I need a win and I’m in or another team to lose. 

I doubt I’m the only person in this situation but I may have to roll out Gordon before it is advisable to do so. 

Man hasn't topped 73yds since Week 4. Gordon can top that in 1 play, and has done so several times.

Gordon is in my lineup, no matter what. But for those risk adverse, Dez isnt a guy Id be afraid to bench for Gordon. 

Man is the 23rd ranked WR in my PPR league this season. 30th in nonPPR.

No bueno.
Tanker...

Currently my WR’s are Stills, C Davis a banged up JuJu and Gordon. I need a win and I’m in or another team to lose. 

I doubt I’m the only person in this situation but I may have to roll out Gordon before it is advisable to do so. 
Substitute Dede for Stills and I’m looking at the same group of guys to fill 2 spots. 

My wr1 is Mike Evans. 

In a case like that, there's nothing wrong with rolling out Gordon. Your other options are also question marks. I know it's (old and lame) shtick, but people are posting here that there's suddenly a new WR1 out there and he's a must start.  Look at those 2014 stats.  That's WR5 material.  He's on my roster, so I hope he returns to his 2013 form. But I need to see it first.  I can't afford a 3 for 45 starter in my lineup.

In a case like that, there's nothing wrong with rolling out Gordon. Your other options are also question marks. I know it's (old and lame) shtick, but people are posting here that there's suddenly a new WR1 out there and he's a must start.  Look at those 2014 stats.  That's WR5 material.  He's on my roster, so I hope he returns to his 2013 form. But I need to see it first.  I can't afford a 3 for 45 starter in my lineup.
Exactly, I wish I could afford a see it first week myself. 

On the plus side he isn’t coming back from an injury. 

If your WRs are Stills, Davis and JuJu you may have to play him, but clearly those are the the issues up for debate. This much is new to me, I was unaware that in order to be fun at parties, you must tolerate shtick on a website. Good to know. Why is it so many are out to defend shtick on this site all of a sudden?

My receivers are Mike Evans, Marquise Lee, Devante Parker, Amari Cooper, Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon.  

I am on the playoff bubble and need 1 Victory Point to lock in a playoff spot.  Just dont  see how I can risk a goose egg or close to it from Gordon. If I needed a Hail Mary I probably start him, but in my case I'd rather bank on 5 to 6 points from Marquise Lee and wait a week.

If your WRs are Stills, Davis and JuJu you may have to play him, but clearly those are the the issues up for debate. This much is new to me, I was unaware that in order to be fun at parties, you must tolerate shtick on a website. Good to know. Why is it so many are out to defend shtick on this site all of a sudden?
Until he has ONE game under his belt after all this, shtick is all we've got.

My receivers are Mike Evans, Marquise Lee, Devante Parker, Amari Cooper, Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon.  

I am on the playoff bubble and need 1 Victory Point to lock in a playoff spot.  Just dont  see how I can risk a goose egg or close to it from Gordon. If I needed a Hail Mary I probably start him, but in my case I'd rather bank on 5 to 6 points from Marquise Lee and wait a week.
In this case, Evans/Coleman is the safe play.

Dez isnt winning you games. Not once this season. He puts up abysmal weeks and a couple ok ones. 

Benching him for Gordon, worst case, will lose you what exactly? Guy is averaging 55yds a game. 

If you think Gordon comes in and can't possibly get 55yds,then ok... Im wrong. 

Even w a 3yr layoff, Gordon can hit 55yds on one catch, imo. No idea how this is schtick. By saying id start him over a near dud? Please. 

CalBear said:
Do you think that maybe the fact they had an awesome WR might have had something to do with that? Their leading rusher had 377 yards. Their #2 WR had 465 yards. The defense ranked 23rd in points allowed. They had Jason Campbell, Brandon Weeden, and Brian Hoyer at QB. And it's not like they were even mediocre; they went 4-12.

This year's Browns team ranks 25th in passing yardage and their leading WR has 322 yards. I think it's safe to say they could have won one or two of their three 3-point losses if they replaced Ricardo Louis (or is it Louis Ricardo?) with 2013's Josh Gordon. 
Maybe so.  

FBGs has Gordon ranked as WR38 in the top 200 forward article.  

Dez isnt winning you games. Not once this season. He puts up abysmal weeks and a couple ok ones. 

Benching him for Gordon, worst case, will lose you what exactly? Guy is averaging 55yds a game. 

Even w a 3yr layoff, Gordon can hit 55yds on one catch, imo. No idea how this is schtick. By saying id start him over a near dud? Please. 
The shtick is talking about how 55 yards is a lock, but totally ignoring my post where I stated the FACT that in last three NFL regular season games Gordon has played in, he's gotten 15, 48, and 45 yards. 

The shtick is talking about how 55 yards is a lock, but totally ignoring my post where I stated the FACT that in last three NFL regular season games Gordon has played in, he's gotten 15, 48, and 45 yards. 
Sure, that is a fact. 

Also, a fact that they didnt have weapons like coleman, crow, duke and njoku to take double coverage off Gordon. 

Im not even arguing he's gonna go 100/1 (he will, but im not arguing it)... Im just saying starting him over Dez isnt mind-blowing. Dez has been poo. 

The argument being made above me is that Gordon is avging 0yds a game... That's shtick. Cuz then you're telling me you'd bench gordon for ANY player that caught one pass this season. 

May want to talk to Dodds.  He has Gordon projected at 7.3 points and Dez at 13.4.

Im fine w that projection. He's lowballing on his return. 

But in my PPR league, Dez has topped 13.4 only 5x this season. Which is abysmal, for him. 
In my non-PPR Lg, Dez has topped his projections twice (just barely), and is avg just under 6pts/game on the season to date.  He is constantly scoring at least 4pts under his projections on a weekly basis.  

Not for nothing, but you also posted that his first game back in that regular season he went for 120 yards - which you conveniently left out.  This game was against the Falcons where Hoyer was throwing the ball everywhere (322 yds).

Here are his stats for the 2014 season:

Week 12: 8 receptions 120 yards

Week 13: 7 rec  75 yards

Week 14: 2 rec  15 yards

Week 15: 3 rec  48 yards

Week 16: 4 rec  45 yards
There's something to be said for a talented player entering his first game back after a long hiatus.  Many believe he's lost a step or will need time to acclimate, and it's during this time of underestimating a player that they tend to shine.  I'd have to think there should be a small bump in projections because of this type of situation.

Users who are viewing this thread