What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (12 Viewers)

^^^ THis thread is about Josh Gordon, not about me and my elite WR scouting
In fairness, you've spent a good portion of the week talking about how poor Bryant is and how Gordon will beat his fantasy score even on a bad day.  Well Dez put up 60+ and a touchdown. You can't just hide behind the couch now and pretend you didn't make ten posts saying otherwise. 

Man... Dez's decent Stateline will take gordon likely to the 2nd drive to achieve 

In fairness, you've spent a good portion of the week talking about how poor Bryant is and how Gordon will beat his fantasy score even on a bad day.  Well Dez put up 60+ and a touchdown. You can't just hide behind the couch now and pretend you didn't make ten posts saying otherwise. 
Ok

Cool. 

Now let's talk why or why not Gordon will be over / under 3 catches and 40 yards.

Soulfly3 said:
@RapSheet 22m22 minutes ago

The #Browns activated WR Josh Gordon from the Commissioner’s Exempt list — he’ll play Sunday. They waived DB Justin Currie to make room.

It is now, 100% OFFICIAL.
Do you smoke a cigarette and have a nice scotch after every one of these announcements? Asking for a friend :P

smbkrypt24 said:
Yeah he seemed cool enough with his responses.  Then he lost his cool. He took issue that Joe called him out on his posts and felt he didn't deserve to be.  He then took some shots at Joe's personal life and basically asked to be banned.  
Holy cow. 

The Gordon thread is like The Days Of Our Lives

Now let's talk why or why not Gordon will be over / under 3 catches and 40 yards.
It will be under because of two words... Casey Hayward.  Hopefully he would return today's practice after dealing with a recent family tragedy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be under because of two words... Casey Hayward.  Hopefully he would return today's practice after dealing with a recent family tragedy. 
While I'm sympathetic to Hayward's tragedy, part of Gordon's dominance was his height. He's 6'4". Hayward is 5'11". Like I said in the other thread, two jump balls and he hits the over.  

Dude if he gets 12 targets the over is absolute toast.  His career average is 17 ypc.  If you cut that in half and he only catches at a 50% rate he'll end up over 50 yards.  

Dude if he gets 12 targets the over is absolute toast.  His career average is 17 ypc.  If you cut that in half and he only catches at a 50% rate he'll end up over 50 yards.  
I thought she was a little optimistic with that.  She might have said 12 touches. Still...

If Hayward doesn't play, he will be replaced by King. PFF ranks the Chargers top 3 corners as #1 (Hayward), #12 (King), and #13 (Williams) out of 171 graded CBs on the season to date. So it would help Gordon, but maybe not by as much as some would think.

Disappointment? Man is topping 100yds w a TD. 

I hereby solemnly vow the following for Week 15:

I, Soul Caleb Fly III, hereby vow that if Josh Gordon does not end his week 15 game with at least 100yds and a TD (if, and only if Johnny Manziel starts), I will never post again in this thread.

I will leave behind a near half year of memories, and bury them with my heart. You have my word.

Signed,

Soul Caleb Fly III

December 8, 2014.
#NeverForget

I am excited to watch Gordon return, but I think you are asking for an injury if they are going to play him extensively like they are saying.

Ease the dude in gradually on a lost season.....

I’ll take “things that give @Soulfly3 wood for $500, Alex!”

Josh Gordon - WR -  Browns

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Josh Gordon will "start" and "play a lot" Week 13 against the Chargers.

Gordon has not played a meaningful game since 2014, but it is not like the Browns have much to lose by throwing him right back into the fire. Still, this is a tough matchup, and there is no way of knowing how good Gordon will be coming back from that long of a layoff. Especially in must-win situations, he is an extremely risky fantasy bet.

Imagine trying to spin this thread into negtivity on the day of the return of the best WR in football?

Incredible. Such miserable lives some must lead.

Go go gadget Gordon!

I think that o/u is on point. 4 for 50 is more what I'm thinking. I am worried putting too much on his plate. Seems like a hamstring injury waiting to happen. Barring an injury to my starters though he won't be an option for me this year anyway. Hopefully he shows enough rest of the year to give me confidence to trade one of those guys in the offseason.

There is no reason, whatsoever, for them to "force it to gordon"

Coleman is a stud WR in the making. Njoku needs to be covered. Crow can runa nd Duke can catch. 

This isn't 3 years ago where Gordon is legitimately the ONLY weapon. He wont be doubled, and it wont be forced.

There is no reason, whatsoever, for them to "force it to gordon"

Coleman is a stud WR in the making. Njoku needs to be covered. Crow can runa nd Duke can catch. 

This isn't 3 years ago where Gordon is legitimately the ONLY weapon. He wont be doubled, and it wont be forced.
:lol: Was he the ONLY weapon back then, or Crow can run? Can't have it both ways fella. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't justify starting him over Fitz or Tyreek. Kizer is too inconsistent, Charger pass rush too strong and that is before accounting for Casey's status.

Users who are viewing this thread