What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (15 Viewers)

He was more interesting when he was high.
I'd say he's pretty interesting now LOL

Even before the TD, he had 8 targets, got a target from the 1 yard line, and was an inch away from another awesome sideline catch. He's not going to take away Edelman and White's touches, but he looks great out there and his role is established. And it has the potential to get even better for him in the future.

Pretty solid from JG10 tonight. I'm sure there will be people in to decry it, but it's trending up, for sure.  

Last edited by a moderator:
After "warming up" for 2 weeks, he's had 4 games now being on the field for 85% or more of the snaps

5-42

4-100

4-40

5-130-1

18-312-1 in 4 games, and he's come close to a TD a couple times too. He might be more dependent than White or Edelman on teams being able to score enough to stay aggressive, but you have to be nuts at this point to not acknowledge which way this is trending. As an RFA after this year, if he stays clean and the Patriots keep him around, next year could be really fun for him.

72-1248-4 pace over a full season, and he's still only been on the team for 6 weeks.

Keep staying clean, Josh. 

:goodposting:

Obviously we know what has been holding Gordon back for years. 
It's crazy how strong the SoulCurse is. It makes me question everything I think I know. 

And it's crazy that he won't let this go and keeps holding Gordon back. If Soul really loved Gordon he would never post about him again. Ok, he can come gloat-post when Gordon gets his gold jacket. 

No doubt that tonight’s game was a huge step for Gordon owners.  He delivered today what most of his fantasy owners hoped to get from him for a few games up to this point in the season.  I certainly will feel more confident starting him after tonight’s performance.  The return of Gronk/Michel could complicate things—but I think he’s earned must start status for me next week regardless.   Let’s hope he can keep it up. 

Rotoworld take:

Josh Gordon caught 5-of-10 targets for 130 yards and a touchdown in Week 9 against the Packers.

Gordon had an expanded role with Rob Gronkowski sidelined. He was left wide open and only had to break an arm tackle on a 55-yard catch and run for his touchdown. It's the second 100-yard game for Gordon in the last three weeks. Gordon tied Julian Edelman for a team-high 10 targets and should continue to see his target share rise. He's an upside WR2 for Week 10 against Tennessee.

Nov 5 - 12:02 AM

Here are some more facts.  The last time Gordon was a major factor in Fantasy Football

D Murray, J Charles, M Forte were top 5 backs. 

K Moreno, Eddie Lacy and R Bush put up top 10 rb numbers

C Johnson put up rb1 numbers

R. Mathews, MJD, Fred Jackson and even Z Stacey were fantasy relevant putting up rb2 numbers

Facts ARE delicious
Nor this.  Messed the first one up.  I'd say a major factor now mr. Bazinga no?

mmmm delicious!

So now hyperbole aside, how much of this was dependent on Gronk being out? Brady definitely looked Gordon's way a bunch more including and End zone target that is typically Gronks go-to (fade route).

I remember when Bazinga was banned, I came out and asked for his return / said it was unjust.

Chaka and others gave him a shot to return the favor, and he spit in my face.

I see how it is now... You talk like you're laughing along with us, but you aren't bruh. The jig's up. You're just a salty person.

As for bans, whatever. This forum is out of control now anyways. If we can't have any harmless fun here anymore, no point being around.

ps: big shoutout to those that came in and showed support for your boy Soul. That was rad.

I will.  It's worked twice now.  Please hold up your end of the bargain.
All I know is that, aside from one week, JGs totals continue to go up.  If he goes up 2 more targets for 2 or 3 games, I think he is easily a back end WR1. 

I rememebr when Bazinga was banned, I came out and asked for his return / said it was unjust.

I see how it is now... You talk like you're laughing along with us, but you aren't bruh. The jig's up. You're just a salty person.

As for bans, whatever. This forum is out of control now anyways. If we can't have any harmless fun here anymore, no point being around.
Meh, let it go.  I was banned once for something stupid.  Sometimes people just have an itchy trigger finger.  Let it go, enjoy your moment and their bitterness.

I've been banned FOUR times since September. I've just kept my mouth shut about it.
What was it a day?  It was an over reach.  I get you feel as if you want justice.  Its over.  I probably would vent for a day too, but then I would let it go.  Too many real things to get upset about.  Have you voted? Go vote! ;)

I've been banned FOUR times since September. I've just kept my mouth shut about it.
Just let it go.  They only hit you for a day at most this time.  I suspect it's a mod that's a Gordon owner and knows Josh does good things when you aren't around.  I sure it's being done out of self preservation and there's no real animosity towards your personally.  Light up the thread today and then slink away into the shadows so we can start JG with confidence this week. 

ps: big shoutout to those that came in and showed support for your boy Soul. That was rad.
I don't comment on moderation anymore because of my own stuff, but let it go, mang. It wasn't significant. 

How about last night, though? 19.00 standard is nothing to sneeze at.  

I've never cheered for the Pats in my life. Spent most of my team hoping they lose forever. 

But here's to hoping they come away w a championship

This didn't age well.  Winning me both my dynasties this week and the subscriber contest.
Didn't age well?  Maybe if you want to quote me you should read the entirety of my posts ;  This line was from the same quote. "I'm saying that objectively he's a very upside player that has been a huge disappointment and a bust up to this point.".  I never said that he was destined to suck the entire fantasy season. I said that up to yesterdays game that he has been a pretty major disappointment and bust to most of his fantasy owners.  Did he win you the subscriber contests and your dynasties weeks 1-8?  In any case--congrats  for your leagues and contests.  

Last night was great, but it could have been even bigger.

BB refused to challenge this ridiculous catch on the sideline...Brady underthrew him on a throw down the left sideline...targeted in the endzone three other times with one ball going off his hands.

Love how that quick "julio jones" type slant for 15 yards is becoming bread and butter for Brady.

Also got the feeling last night that Brady knows when he's in a pinch and nobody's really open he can throw it to Gordon regardless if he's open or not.

A lot to like here.

So happy for Gordon. I hope he stays clean and continues to produce at this level. He has all the tools, that's for sure! 

You want me to look back on your behalf? Do I owe you something?

We all saw your reaction. It's all good. 

Later brah. 

So now hyperbole aside, how much of this was dependent on Gronk being out? Brady definitely looked Gordon's way a bunch more including and End zone target that is typically Gronks go-to (fade route).
Gronk hasn't looked Gronk like, so I don't think.  He might actually open the field up for Gordon, although that might eat into some of those elusive open up the field points Gordon has been accumulating.

I remember when Bazinga was banned, I came out and asked for his return / said it was unjust.

:rolleyes:  

@Soulfly3 keep it 100% on football and lose the itoughguy shtick.

@Bazinga! keep it 100% on football and get thicker skin. 

Both of you.

Thanks

That 55 yd catch & run was a game-winner for me... I was hop steppin' across the living room right along with him. :towelwave:

Obvious he's not 100%... has some awkward moments (the pull-up on that 1st deep shot, the weird slide on the attempted fade)... agree with previous post that the toe-tap may have been worth a review, but BB clings to those timeouts in tight ball games.

Users who are viewing this thread