Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Matt Waldman

Josh Gordon Everything Thread

On 8/29/2019 at 7:55 AM, BobbyLayne said:

Is 444 pages the all-time record for longest player thread? Has to be, right?

Mods or @Joe Bryant - any way to look that up easily? Just curious...

Two more weeks! Can’t wait.

Not sure. That's a lot though!

@RapSheet

Source: The #Patriots are releasing WR Demaryius Thomas, who flashed in the fourth preseason game. He’s still working his way back to health.

.... what was that ya'll were saying?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

On 8/29/2019 at 7:55 AM, BobbyLayne said:

Is 444 pages the all-time record for longest player thread? Has to be, right?

Mods or @Joe Bryant - any way to look that up easily? Just curious...

Two more weeks! Can’t wait.

Every time he catches a ball it generates two pages of discussion on average....

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Rove! said:

Every time he catches a ball it generates two pages of discussion on average....

so 200 new pages to come once the season starts?

Edited by JoeSteeler
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

@RapSheet

Source: The #Patriots are releasing WR Demaryius Thomas, who flashed in the fourth preseason game. He’s still working his way back to health.

Come to MN. Only kept 4 receivers.

3 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

cutting DT might be a money thing.  nfl.com mentioned that both team and receiver want him to come back.

There are several scenarios that could come into play.

- They could need a roster spot to be able to put Harry on the 53-man roster but then will switch Harry to IR designated for return and bring back DT.
- They could be planning on resigning him for less money.
- They may want to wait until Week 2 and then bring him back so his pay would be week to week instead of fully guaranteed.
- They don't think he is ready and want to wait a few weeks to save a few bucks and will re-sign him at that point.
- They may want a roster spot available for other roster moves / signings / a trade.knowing that a new agreement with Thomas has already been agreed to.

11 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

There are several scenarios that could come into play.

- They could need a roster spot to be able to put Harry on the 53-man roster but then will switch Harry to IR designated for return and bring back DT.
- They could be planning on resigning him for less money.
- They may want to wait until Week 2 and then bring him back so his pay would be week to week instead of fully guaranteed.
- They don't think he is ready and want to wait a few weeks to save a few bucks and will re-sign him at that point.
- They may want a roster spot available for other roster moves / signings / a trade.knowing that a new agreement with Thomas has already been agreed to.

Interesting that they would risk him getting a better deal elsewhere given his resume and Week 4 fitness demonstration.

1 minute ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

Interesting that they would risk him getting a better deal elsewhere given his resume and Week 4 fitness demonstration.

It's being discussed all over sports media here that both sides want to stay together and this is mostly a roster management thing. Some people suggesting DT will be back at practice on Monday.

56 minutes ago, SeniorVBDStudent said:

cutting DT might be a money thing.  nfl.com mentioned that both team and receiver want him to come back.

Or they sign him after week 1

NESN's Doug Kyed expects Josh Gordon to see an "almost full share of snaps" as the Patriots' No. 2 receiver.

Kyed's endorsement of Gordon comes with a caveat, however, as the NESN reporter admitted that Julian Edelman is "the only guarantee" for Week 1 among Patriots pass-catchers. It stands to reason that Gordon, who missed all of training camp and was only active for one preseason game coming off a lengthy suspension, could need time to dust off the cobwebs. With that in mind, getting his conditioning up to snuff doesn't figure to be a major hurdle for Gordon, who posted a respectable 40-720-3 receiving line while learning New England's offense on the fly last year. Assuming he walks the straight and arrow, the former All-Pro should return weekly WR2 value as Tom Brady's go-to deep target.

SOURCE: NESN.com

Sep 2, 2019, 9:59 AM ET

Gordon expected to be on a snap count in Week 1 as he apparently is not in full game shape yet. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Gordon expected to be on a snap count in Week 1 as he apparently is not in full game shape yet. 

Source?  I haven't seen this stated anywhere

8 minutes ago, in2win said:

Source?  I haven't seen this stated anywhere

I didn't make it up. I either read it or heard it . . .and that could have been any number of places between TV, radio, talk shows, during their last game, twitter, websites, etc. If I hear more about it, I will come back and post about it.

snap count?

i recall hearing about a snap count and gordon once before he played around 90% of the snaps.

just an FYI, there is no mention of josh gordon and snap count on Twitter, since 2018. 

so, im not saying you didnt hear it... but not a soul has mentioned it on twitter. not a beat writer, nothing...

2 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

just an FYI, there is no mention of josh gordon and snap count on Twitter, since 2018. 

so, im not saying you didnt hear it... but not a soul has mentioned it on twitter. not a beat writer, nothing...

Not a single soul....fly? 

• Like 1

N'KEAL HARRY PLACED ON IR.

.... man, you're telling me that Gordon's 2 "threats" arent even playing this season?

Just now, Soulfly3 said:

.... man, you're telling me that Gordon's 2 "threats" arent even playing this season?

Incorrect. Harry can come off during the season, just when Gordon gets into shape.

I think this is great news for a different NE WR

1 minute ago, Soulfly3 said:

The likely outcome of that is Thomas comes back to take Harry's spot . . . which has been the expectation since the time Thomas was released.

2 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

The likely outcome of that is Thomas comes back to take Harry's spot . . . which has been the expectation since the time Thomas was released.

yeah   Here's a blurb resembles snap count btw " Edelman is the only guarantee for Week 1. Gordon will probably take on an almost full share of snaps as the No. 2, but he might need to work on his conditioning after missing training camp.  "

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2019/09/patriots-projected-week-1-depth-chart-who-starts-at-wide-receiver/

Just now, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Thomas has been resigned according to Schefter.

Is that resigned, as in signed again, or resigned, as in quit?

• Thinking 1

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 7m7 minutes ago
Patriots now are re-signing WR Demaryius Thomas to a one-year deal, per source. Thomas was released with the idea of returning.

2 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

got him last night at the 72nd pick. Criminal. 

Different strokes for different folks. Everyone will have a different projected outcome for him this year. Dodds has him projected as the #51 WR in PPR leagus this year. Not saying he's right or wrong, but opinion will vary greatly on JG.

9 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

got him last night at the 72nd pick. Criminal

Technically sure, but we're okay with that here. 

1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

Different strokes for different folks. Everyone will have a different projected outcome for him this year. Dodds has him projected as the #51 WR in PPR leagus this year. Not saying he's right or wrong, but opinion will vary greatly on JG.

That seems low, no? Even without the hype factoring in I would think he has to hit the WR3 area this season (if he plays all of it).

In our PPR league over the time he started (mostly) in 2018, he ranked 31st on avg PPG (right in between Fitz and Golden Tate). I have to think that he sniffs the top-20 this year (if he plays all of it) with Gronk out of the picture.

Honestly I loves me some Josh Gordon... but its basically its a constant flow of Kool-Aid... he had 1 good game last year (20+ FF pts). The rest... meh... forgettable.

1 hour ago, Anarchy99 said:

Dodds has him projected as the #51 WR in PPR leagus this year. 

hope david feels better soon

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

Naturally I face Gordon week 1 in one league & have Brady in the other. :doh: 

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Naturally I face Gordon week 1 in one league & have Brady in the other. :doh: 

Brady vs. PIT at home. 

5-0, 71.9% completion, 359 yds/gm, 18 TD, 0 INT, 130.8 passer rating, 9.17 ypa. 

• Like 2

On 8/31/2019 at 5:07 PM, Soulfly3 said:

@RapSheet

:lmao:

even when you're right, you're wrong.

6 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Brady vs. PIT at home. 

As my Superflex in a league I have Mahomes 🏆

37 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

Brady vs. PIT at home. 

Certainly not reflected in his week 1 rankings by any sites that I see.

Who’s starting him this week? 

SNF right? Hard to leave him on the bench.

Giving him the nod over Mike Williams, WR3 slot.

Should be plenty of scoring in that game. 

Currently benched in my start 2 wr, 1 flex.....I have Michel in at flex instead........

Its .25 ppr

I've toyed with starting him.  Also have Kupp and Monty on bench.....but all 3 players are wait and see for me at this point.

can he finish WR1? without a doubt

will he? who knows

but, what I do see happening is the Pats really making an effort to feed him the ball. not force feed him. but definitely feed him. make the guy feel important, hit him with some numbers to remember the reason he's out there.

The last time Josh Gordon had a great season, Tom Brady was still only at 3 Super Bowl wins, Pierre Garcon led the league in catches, Jimmy Graham was still a Saint, and Ryan Mathews was a major FF force. 

Just now, Ghost Rider said:

The last time Josh Gordon had a great season, Tom Brady was still only at 3 Super Bowl wins, Pierre Garcon led the league in catches, Jimmy Graham was still a Saint, and Ryan Mathews was a major FF force. 

and then this season

Just now, Ghost Rider said:

How old was Gordon?