What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Alshon Jeffery - The Bandwagon (1 Viewer)

Wondering who you'll start over Alshon Sunday. Even if he plays, my fear is he'll be limited.

I'm starting Allen Robinson over Alshon.
If he plays, you don't bench him.
If you have owned him before you know he misses practice during the week.but would play on Sunday and do his thing
missing a few practices during the regular season is one thing,

not practicing at all for almost 4 weeks and then being limited a few times is another IMO

Alshon Jeffery (calf) was permitted to practice on a "limited" basis Friday despite wet conditions at the Bears' facility.
Coach John Fox remained noncommittal on Jeffery's Week 1 availability, but this can only be taken as a positive sign. "Today was a little slippery," Fox said. "I think we were probably a little extra cautious just because of the wet grass. But still felt all in all it was better to do that than go in on the turf this close to game time. He looked pretty good at what he did." Jeffery remains a game-time decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
jeffery has been running well John fox said.. Well that's great, still no word if hes playing. I guess we won't know until 1200 or 1230 eastern. He is officially listed as questionable.

jeffery has been running well John fox said.. Well that's great, still no word if hes playing. I guess we won't know until 1200 or 1230 eastern. He is officially listed as questionable.
I think the inactives are due 90 minutes before kickoff.

Wondering who you'll start over Alshon Sunday. Even if he plays, my fear is he'll be limited.

If you have owned him before you know he misses practice during the week.but would play on Sunday and do his thing

not practicing at all for almost 4 weeks and then being limited a few times is another IMO
Gotta agree with Shady Inc on this one. I'm going to play it safe with VJax.

Gotta agree with Shady Inc on this one. I'm going to play it safe with VJax.
Jeffery was injured for most of last season and finished as WR11 in PPR...he'll be fine.

You have to start jeffery. I fully expect him to torch the Packers weak secondary. Should be a win for the bears and a nice outing statistically for him.

Missed practice and questionable. Great
Alshon Jeffery now questionable for Sunday
7441.jpg

Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) did not practice Friday and is questionable for Week 2 against the Cardinals.
Jeffery's hamstring tightened up after Thursday's practice. He's no longer a sure thing for Sunday. If Jeffery plays, he won't be close to 100 percent. It's a tough matchup anyway as Jeffery would likely be shadowed by Patrick Peterson, who shut down Brandin Cooks rather easily in Week 1. Eddie Royal and Martellus Bennett will have to be more involved if Jeffery can't get the green light. It certainly sounds like Jeffery's latest injury is related to his preseason calf injury, perhaps by way of compensation. Fantasy owners need to start looking elsewhere this week

This has the look of an ongoing thing if he doesn't take some time off. On that first catch last week, that was the type of play he would have taken to the house but you could see he had no push off or extra gear. Whatever it was, it needs to get better or he's going to be up and down all year.

he should play I heard this all season last year and Im pretty sure it was worse and he was not even practicing and still playing. I think they are just being super cautious, ala Julio Jones

Users who are viewing this thread