What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Sam Bradford - QB (6 Viewers)

Interesting. Gotta wonder who his source would be and how valid.If Clev is willing to deal a first for Bradford, maybe they're willing to move up for Winston/Mariota. I don't think they have a chance at Winston because TB is locked in.
I think it was Bob that said earlier something about a source and I googled some and he had a point it does seem like bunk but then I saw this. Casserly is a fine source IMO but now we're onto Browns instead of Titans.

Two things I'm remembering-the Rams were flat out adamant about keeping Bradford.

While I agree it'd be odd to land Bradford then trade, it also seems odd to think Chip is this wheeler and dealer and gonna sit on his hands on draft day. Naturally I wonder what Chip is thinking in regards to the draft which makes this cyclical and I'm back to Mariotta.

Has a coach ever been so vocal and so obvious and still pulled off such a move? See that's why I'm doubting he can do it but he's been surprising me all offseason.

Re Browns-

It makes me think Jerry Jones' ears went up like a dogs and he's going to inquire about trading a cheeseburger for Manziel.

He doesn't need to play in Dallas, but if Romo is dinged and there's a chance...he's still huge in Texas and will put fans in the seats and buy merch. I'd bet Jerry makes more profit than his salary and it's an excellent investment. Johnny Football was enormous a year ago in Texas and they have a huge favorite player void with DeMarco gone.

Maybe if the Rams start a few more fake rumors some team will be dumb enough to trade for him, but I highly doubt it.
You really think this is the Rams, who have categorically denied every rumor, and not the overzealous media who have to be the first to Twitter with everything?
I think the Rams would love to get a couple of teams in a bidding war and hope they can get a 1st rounder out of it. And when do teams admit to shopping players currently on their roster? A denial is meaningless.
There's no chance in hell they get a 1st rounder so they aren't moving him. They know it. The rest of the league knows it. Some guys with twitter accounts see a possible fit with a couple other teams, make some crap up and now we have the Rams making up trade rumors.
You nailed it.

Interesting. Gotta wonder who his source would be and how valid.If Clev is willing to deal a first for Bradford, maybe they're willing to move up for Winston/Mariota. I don't think they have a chance at Winston because TB is locked in.
I think it was Bob that said earlier something about a source and I googled some and he had a point it does seem like bunk but then I saw this. Casserly is a fine source IMO but now we're onto Browns instead of Titans.

Two things I'm remembering-the Rams were flat out adamant about keeping Bradford.

While I agree it'd be odd to land Bradford then trade, it also seems odd to think Chip is this wheeler and dealer and gonna sit on his hands on draft day. Naturally I wonder what Chip is thinking in regards to the draft which makes this cyclical and I'm back to Mariotta.

Has a coach ever been so vocal and so obvious and still pulled off such a move? See that's why I'm doubting he can do it but he's been surprising me all offseason.

Re Browns-

It makes me think Jerry Jones' ears went up like a dogs and he's going to inquire about trading a cheeseburger for Manziel.

He doesn't need to play in Dallas, but if Romo is dinged and there's a chance...he's still huge in Texas and will put fans in the seats and buy merch. I'd bet Jerry makes more profit than his salary and it's an excellent investment. Johnny Football was enormous a year ago in Texas and they have a huge favorite player void with DeMarco gone.
The Saints with Ricky Williams.

I have a sneaking suspicion Bradford will end up in Washington and Mariota in philly. Not sure how it will go down.
I've been saying this since the Eagles traded for him.

If Mariota drops to 5, Washington drafts him and trades him (and possibly Griffon) to the Eagles for Bradford.

Rotoworld:

Sam Bradford - QB - Eagles
ESPN's Sal Paolantonio confirms the Browns offered the Rams a first-round pick for Sam Bradford.
Paolantonio got the word directly from Rams GM Les Snead. Per Snead, the Bills were also interested. With multiple confirmations of the Browns offering the Rams a first-rounder, it stands to reason they were the mystery team that offered the Eagles a first-round pick just one day after they acquired Bradford. Although the Browns are unlikely to find an upgrade on Josh McCown and Johnny Manziel at this point, they'll certainly keep looking.

Related: Browns, Rams

Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter
Mar 24 - 7:01 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion Bradford will end up in Washington and Mariota in philly. Not sure how it will go down.

If Mariota drops to 5, Washington drafts him and trades him (and possibly Griffon) to the Eagles for Bradford.
mariota wont drop, and snyder wouldnt trade RG3 for bradford straight up let alone with the 5th pick in the draft. they could get brees or rivers with that trade why settle for bumford.

mariota wont drop, and snyder wouldnt trade RG3 for bradford straight up let alone with the 5th pick in the draft. they could get brees or rivers with that trade why settle for bumford.
1. It's not happening, yeah.

2. McCloughan doesn't give a #### what Snyder wants. He has full control.

3. That offer would not get Rivers or Brees.

Rotoworld:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Mary Kay Cabot believes the Browns are not done upgrading at quarterback, and expects the team to target either Oregon QB Marcus Mariota or current Eagles QB Sam Bradford.

It's no secret by now that the Browns previously tried to trade the No. 19 overall pick for Bradford, first to the Rams and (allegedly) later to the Eagles. Specifically, Cabot writes that she thinks the Browns "will try to trade up to draft Marcus Mariota, and I also think they could make another run at Sam Bradford." If the Eagles are willing to deal Bradford as rumored, they would presumably want both of Cleveland's first-round picks with eyes on getting to No. 2 overall, where Mariota is likely to be selected.

Related: Browns

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Mar 29 - 8:00 PM

I don't know about it being that dramatic. He thought of quitting-who wouldn't after getting hurt a second time. He's also the guy that said he doesn't know what he'd do with himself without football and spent hours and hours at the Rams facility when he really wasn't required to. I think it's all part of the process in being re-injured. I'm not sure it was close to happening or anything, just a thought.

Heupel is fantastic. Bradford said some compliments in that article that are totally echoed throughout OK. He's very smart and well thought out and he was instrumental in dramatically improving their choice of QBs and developing them. Jones and Bradford were very good under him.

They stunk last game and Stoops was embarrassed so he fired both the co-offensive coordinators. Stoops loves him though. He just sets a very very high standard. His brother is DC and they switched from 4-3 to 3-4. They were very good and people thought he might be fired. Few have ever made the 4-3 3-4 switch that well. But again, there were strong inklings he was about to fire his brother. So, it's not really all that bad Heupel got fired. Stoops wants championship or bust mindset and I think that's too high a standard and will lead to his demise at OU but...we shall see. He's still one of the top coaches.

Ramble....the more Bradford talks to Heupel the better. Kelly made comments about Heupel's offense years ago and I have little doubt he approves too. If he does well at Utah State, watch Kelly offer him a job in a few years

Just a reminder that if PHI were to trade Bradford, the Rams are off the hook for the 2016 third or fourth round conditional pick (they also will be if Bradford plays 50% or more of the snaps for the Eagles).

The Browns were turned down offering a first rounder for Bradford

That's gotta make you wonder.

In FF, we all sweeten the deal if we "have to" have a player via trade.

If Kelly turned them down anticipating this, it's sheer genius.

It's sadly fitting for Bradford to go to a new team and they already lost their top WR and will go with relatively unproven WRs and a rookie TE with hopes entering his second year.

I'm not saying the Eagles are the Rams WRs but they sure look like a totally different group without Maclin

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PHI
Ertz is entering his third year. And if nothing else, going away from Fisher does wonders for his potential

It's sadly fitting for Bradford to go to a new team and they already lost their top WR and will go with relatively unproven WRs and a rookie TE with hopes entering his second year.

I'm not saying the Eagles are the Rams WRs but they sure look like a totally different group without Maclin

Interesting take. I'm more inclined to view Maclin's 2014 success as a product of The System than any belief in Maclin's skillset. It will be an interesting test to see who Chip starts as 2015's "deep receiver" and whether, as I expect, Maclin fades to an essentially irrelevant WR3/4 in 2015.In health Bradford interests me as this offense fits his skills and predilections so perfectly, but, no question, there is nothing much to brag about in the receiving corps. If Matthews can remain in the slot to continue to mask his lack of separation skills, Ertz progresses and add either a dynamic rookie or significant progress by Huff the prospects improve, but that is a lot to hope for.

Interesting take. I'm more inclined to view Maclin's 2014 success as a product of The System than any belief in Maclin's skillset. It will be an interesting test to see who Chip starts as 2015's "deep receiver" and whether, as I expect, Maclin fades to an essentially irrelevant WR3/4 in 2015.In health Bradford interests me as this offense fits his skills and predilections so perfectly, but, no question, there is nothing much to brag about in the receiving corps. If Matthews can remain in the slot to continue to mask his lack of separation skills, Ertz progresses and add either a dynamic rookie or significant progress by Huff the prospects improve, but that is a lot to hope for.
Maclin was a top talent but had problems staying healthy. He had an obvious connection with Foles but not Sanchez. Maybe Kelly figured if he was getting rid of Foles might as well not pay Maclin the $. Eagles WR talent is pretty questionable right now though.

I'm not saying the Eagles are the Rams WRs but they sure look like a totally different group without Maclinhttp://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PHI
Maclin was a top talent but had problems staying healthy. He had an obvious connection with Foles but not Sanchez. Maybe Kelly figured if he was getting rid of Foles might as well not pay Maclin the $. Eagles WR talent is pretty questionable right now though.
My view of Maclin has always been more limited: nice complementary piece, nothing more. With no experienced deep receiver rostered 2015 may be when we learn if the deep receiver's other worldly production is simply a product of The System.

I'm not saying the Eagles are the Rams WRs but they sure look like a totally different group without Maclinhttp://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PHI
My view of Maclin has always been more limited: nice complementary piece, nothing more. With no experienced deep receiver rostered 2015 may be when we learn if the deep receiver's other worldly production is simply a product of The System.
He was, to DeSean, then he got his chance to step up and did that. He developed almost perfectly but with an injury hiccup year.

8-900 as a #2 is good to very good. 1300, ten TDs, 15 average....those are sound #1 stats.

To me, the Eagles put the time in, then let him prosper elsewhere. It's something I can't stand about the league and contracts and all.

Last season can't really leave much injury concern or questions about his development IMO.

Matthews will play outside or get there in his routes. With a stable of RBs...that's too much inside. They'll have to spread it out

A good pick for these guys would be Dorsett. If Bradford could dish it off to Amendola like he did, then this Dorsett guy could really be a player.

Rotoworld:

NJ.com's Mark Eckel passes along a "rumor making its rounds in NFL personnel meetings" of the Eagles trading Sam Bradford to the Browns for the No. 19 overall pick in the draft.

The Browns already offered No. 19 to the Rams for Bradford, prior to his trade to Philadelphia. St. Louis didn't accept because it wanted a quarterback, and wound up acquiring Nick Foles. The Browns are "still said to have interest" in Bradford. Per Eckel, the rumor has the Eagles then sending Nos. 19 and 20 -- plus Mychal Kendricks and Fletcher Cox -- to the Titans in exchange for No. 2 overall, where Philly would select Marcus Mariota. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reported Friday that Bradford currently believes the Eagles may be planning to trade him.

Related: Browns, Titans

Source: NJ.com
Apr 24 - 2:25 PM

A good pick for these guys would be Dorsett. If Bradford could dish it off to Amendola like he did, then this Dorsett guy could really be a player.
How quickly people forget Tavon Austin.
I was never high on Tavon Ausitn to begin with but when you look up the games they played together, those were some of the best Austin played and they were the 1st 7 of his pro career.

How quickly people forget Tavon Austin.
I was never high on Tavon Ausitn to begin with but when you look up the games they played together, those were some of the best Austin played and they were the 1st 7 of his pro career.
Luckily I only have Austin in one league and got him rather cheap, but I'm near the end up the rope with him.

If he can't produce with a new OC who can't be worse than Shotty and better QB then I'm done with him.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Eagles acquired Sam Bradford "to be their [quarterback]," not as "trade pawn."

Per Mortensen, Bradford, who has one year left on his deal, will not sign a contract extension with a team other than the Eagles to help facilitate a trade. He wants to play for coach Chip Kelly and OC Pat Shurmur, who coached him as a rookie. The rumors will swirl through Thursday night, but odds are the Eagles won't have enough ammo to get up to the No. 2 pick to select Marcus Mariota.

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Eagles acquired Sam Bradford "to be their [quarterback]," not as "trade pawn."

Per Mortensen, Bradford, who has one year left on his deal, will not sign a contract extension with a team other than the Eagles to help facilitate a trade. He wants to play for coach Chip Kelly and OC Pat Shurmur, who coached him as a rookie. The rumors will swirl through Thursday night, but odds are the Eagles won't have enough ammo to get up to the No. 2 pick to select Marcus Mariota.

(much love though Faust) Old story regurgitated. Still no way Bradford turns down $ and the opportunity to play longer after his injury history.

Rotoworld:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer hears the Browns would still like to acquire Sam Bradford, but notes it's "not likely to happen."

Bradford, entering a contract year, only wants to sign an extension with the Eagles. That makes a trade very difficult as the Browns aren't going to give up one of their first-round picks to get a one-year rental. Furthermore, the Plain Dealer notes that Bradford's agent Tom Condon has had some very rocky dealings with the Browns -- he represented Tim Couch, Brady Quinn and Jordan Cameron. If Chip Kelly is going to get up for Marcus Mariota, he'll likely have to explore other avenues.

Related: Browns

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Apr 28 - 11:47 AM

Condon has not had good experiences with his quarterbacks in Cleveland, and likely doesn't want Bradford to end up here.
It wasn't Cleveland's fault that Couch and Quinn sucked.

If there's bad blood here it would be from the Browns side towards Condon for pumping them both up before the draft.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Eagles acquired Sam Bradford "to be their [quarterback]," not as "trade pawn."Per Mortensen, Bradford, who has one year left on his deal, will not sign a contract extension with a team other than the Eagles to help facilitate a trade. He wants to play for coach Chip Kelly and OC Pat Shurmur, who coached him as a rookie. The rumors will swirl through Thursday night, but odds are the Eagles won't have enough ammo to get up to the No. 2 pick to select Marcus Mariota.

(much love though Faust) Old story regurgitated. Still no way Bradford turns down $ and the opportunity to play longer after his injury history.
Bradford already banked a few dollars as the NFLs last bonus baby.

If you are suggesting it isn't possible he could employ non-financial criteria in guiding his decision, I disagree.

Sam Bradford should feel lucky someone still wants his injury-prone carcass.

If the Browns covet him enough to use a 1st on him and offer a decent long-term contract, he should accept their good faith gesture and work out some kind of deal. Frankly, based on his lengthy injury history, Bradford should probably sign a long-term deal at the earliest opportunity before his next seemingly-inevitable IR appearance finally washes him out of the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam Bradford should feel lucky someone still wants his injury-prone carcass.

If the Browns covet him enough to use a 1st on him and offer a decent long-term contract, he should accept their good faith gesture and work out some kind of deal. Frankly, based on his lengthy injury history, Bradford should probably sign a long-term deal at the earliest opportunity before his next seemingly-inevitable IR appearance finally washes him out of the league.
I don't believe for a second that he would turn down a long-term deal from the Browns (or anyone for that matter).

I think the #19 for Bradford, even with injury concerns and a long-term contract, is a good deal.

The Browns aren't bad enough to get a top QB next year and have nothing to lose by trading for Bradford - what's the worst that happens, he get hurt again and they are out the #19? That's nothing new for them. On the other hand, they might just get the franchise QB they've been looking for since Kosar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just making the point I wouldn't rule it out as impossible that he could make a decision not based on money. He is positioned financially to do whatever he wants.

Rotoworld:

The Washington Post reports the Browns are "hopeful" they'll come away with either Sam Bradford or Marcus Mariota on Thursday.

The Browns seem considerably more likely to get Bradford than Mariota, but it's all dependent on how the Eagles' talks about the No. 2 pick go with the Titans. Owner Jimmy Haslam is desperate for a franchise quarterback, and could push GM Ray Farmer to make a move he otherwise wouldn't make.

Related: Browns, Titans

Source: Mark Maske on Twitter
Apr 30 - 6:59 PM

Rotoworld:

Former Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo remains confident in Sam Bradford.

It's notable because Bradford's poor play and injuries in St. Louis essentially cost Spags his job. "Trust me when I tell you he’s got all the skills," said the current Giants defensive coordinator. "I know he's going to do great things [in Philadelphia]." Michael Vick, Nick Foles and even Mark Sanchez were all statistically productive in Chip Kelly's scheme. If Bradford can find his peak form and sustain health, he's a great bet for top-12 fantasy QB status this season.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News
May 14 - 9:33 AM

Rotoworld:

Former Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo remains confident in Sam Bradford.

It's notable because Bradford's poor play and injuries in St. Louis essentially cost Spags his job. "Trust me when I tell you he’s got all the skills," said the current Giants defensive coordinator. "I know he's going to do great things [in Philadelphia]." Michael Vick, Nick Foles and even Mark Sanchez were all statistically productive in Chip Kelly's scheme.

If Bradford can find his peak form and sustain health, he's a great bet for top-12 fantasy QB status this season.

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News
May 14 - 9:33 AM
This is finally the year!!!

What's similar to the Sooners offense and Kelly's Oregon offense adjusted a little for the pros? How much of a learning curve is it for Sam?

What's similar to the Sooners offense and Kelly's Oregon offense adjusted a little for the pros? How much of a learning curve is it for Sam?
Kelly system is good for QBs who can make quick decisions. Foles' first year in the system he went 27-2. Sanchez probably had his best season under Kelly last year. I don't think there will be much of a learning curve at all. If healthy, I would expect ~65% completion percentage, 275+ pass yd/gm average.

Kelly system is good for QBs who can make quick decisions. Foles' first year in the system he went 27-2. Sanchez probably had his best season under Kelly last year. I don't think there will be much of a learning curve at all. If healthy, I would expect ~65% completion percentage, 275+ pass yd/gm average.
As far as the plays and formations go I think the playbook may not be that big but getting the signals down from the sideline is a lot to cover. Knowing how to read the defense (8 men in the box, go play action, 5 or 6 men, hand off). Just being able to exploit the weakest match-up at the line quickly and catch the defense off guard is the foundation of Chip's spread offense.

Bradford will probably be the player I watch most during training camp, incredibly interested to see him under a system like this.

Users who are viewing this thread