Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Otis

Official FFA Politics Forum

I'd bet everything I have, ever had, and ever will have, on Obama. Are people totally insane?

Edited by Otis

Romney is a robotic schlub, his running mate is a used car salesman, and the crazy thing is that one of the most important Republican voting bases -- the insanely extreme Christians -- will refuse to vote for Romney since he's a "weirdo Mormon."

How can this be even close?

Dewey will take your bets

The guy who set up the cataloging system at the library?

And what about the people who refused to vote for Obama last time around because they wanted the guy with more foreign policy and war leadership experience? Those votes now go to B.O.

Of course. In fact, it's his to lose. He just keeps giving away the game.

???????? Link?

Is this going to be another one of those "the economy isn't doing great and so it's Obama's fault" posts? If so, I have Keith setting up a filter to block those posts from this thread. Thank god.

It's Obama's fault we're not all rich!111

All the drama over this on CNN and in the media reminds me of the second-to-last episode on the bachelor when it's so crystal clear who the dude is picking, but they have to try and create the appearance of uncertainty so that people tune in and watch next week.

Next week, on the most controversial season conclusion of the Bachelor ever...

I'd bet everything I have, ever had, and ever will have, on Obama. Are people totally insane?

I think LHUCKS will take your bet.

I think it will come down to the independents and what they decide to do. it seems like they are split about 80-20 for romney since the Clint eastwood speech. It is very tough for obama because of the economy and mitt romney is viewed as a successful business man. The independents will eat that up and ignore the partisan angles.

Serious? I'd seriously bet 10 grand. Maybe more. Get him in here.

I think he means the kid on Charlie Brown with the dirt all around him.

I think it will come down to the independents and what they decide to do. it seems like they are split about 80-20 for romney since the Clint eastwood speech. It is very tough for obama because of the economy and mitt romney is viewed as a successful business man. The independents will eat that up and ignore the partisan angles.

You're the totally insane dude who keeps casting your wife's and her friends' observations as "interesting" and "insightful," right? Oof.

???????? Link?

Is this going to be another one of those "the economy isn't doing great and so it's Obama's fault" posts? If so, I have Keith setting up a filter to block those posts from this thread. Thank god.

For what it's worth, he's going to do what he can to raise your taxes.

I think he means the kid on Charlie Brown with the dirt all around him.
If you're telling me that that is PigPen's real name, then--sonofagun--I actually did learn something from a political thread in the FFA today. :thumbup:

???????? Link?

For what it's worth, he's going to do what he can to raise your taxes.

This is not about me.

Hey look at someone else.

No. Obama overwhelmingly the favorite in Vegas. All I need to know.

This is why I'm glad Capella is still around.Good buddy, are you still way down in weight? If so, any tips for a fat Independent voter?

My wife said the smartest thing tonight. She said, "wow. Clint Eastwood? Eesh. That's desperate."

So I'm pretty sure she and all her friend and other women will vote for Eastwood.

You're the totally insane dude who keeps casting your wife's and her friends' observations as "interesting" and "insightful," right? Oof.
All I know is what I hear and what I'm hearing is independent voters are really taking a long look at mitt romney. i don't know if that's interesting or insightful but it's what I have gathered from talking to over 70 independent voters.

And what about the people who refused to vote for Obama last time around because they wanted the guy with more foreign policy and war leadership experience? Those votes now go to B.O.

No they don't go to Obama because it was a bull#### reason. Happily voting for Romney now.

All I know is what I hear and what I'm hearing is independent voters are really taking a long look at mitt romney. i don't know if that's interesting or insightful but it's what I have gathered from talking to over 70 independent voters.
Nice. You logging this in a composition notebook?

Of course you would, you're a complete idiot.

No they don't go to Obama because it was a bull#### reason. Happily voting for Romney now.
Congrats on picking the Miami Dolphins to win the Super Bowl!

Nate Silver gives Romney 1 chance in 4. Would you be willing to bet everything you have on a card randomly drawn from a deck not being a heart?

You don't have to spend much time doing what ifs with the Electoral College calculator to realize the Lions have a better shot at winning the Super Bowl than Romney has at becoming the 45th POTUS.

Romney is dwarfing the funds Obama is raising via Superpacs (thanks Citizens United!).

The Yankees win the world series every year, right?

???????? Link?

1. :confused: Link to what?

2. :confused: To the rest.

Serious? I'd seriously bet 10 grand. Maybe more. Get him in here.
Are you offering odds?

Oh, let me guess -- a Republican joined the thread?

I don't see how Romney has a chance either.

But your point makes no sense because I have yet to hear a Republican say they aren't voting for Romney because he has no foreign policy or war experience.

???????? Link?

1. :confused: Link to what?

2. :confused: To the rest.

Ok, let's do it this way: How does he "keep giving away the game"?

And will you wage a friendly thousand dollars on this?

I think it will come down to the independents and what they decide to do. it seems like they are split about 80-20 for romney since the Clint eastwood speech.

Wait . . . what?There's a lot to unravel here.

But your point makes no sense because I have yet to hear a Republican say they aren't voting for Romney because he has no foreign policy or war experience.

:confused:

That's one of the reasons they gave for refusing to vote for Obama the first time around. Can you ask them why that's no longer important?

No shtick: I think Clint Eastwood would have a better chance of winning this than Mitt.

RepubliNerds: let's go, put your money where your mouths are. I'm here and taking action.

I do have a bit of sympathy for Romney. I don't think he'd be a disastrous president or anything. Still, his convention speech gave him a smaller bounce than a viral Gangmam Style video would.

I still have doubts that a high enough percentage of the young and first time voters that voted for Obama last time will show up this time. On the flipside, those Tea Partiers are rabid.

Oh, let me guess....an Obama-obsessed, flaming liberal doesn't think Mitt has a chance? Edited by RBM

I still have doubts that a high enough percentage of the young and first time voters that voted for Obama last time will show up this time. On the flipside, those Tea Partiers are rabid.

Not rabid for Romney, I thought. Are tea-partiers coming around on him? Conventional wisdom is that voting for someone gets the vote out more than voting against someone.

Nice. You logging this in a composition notebook?
no i am just talking to people and listening to opinions. I have not made up my mind yet and gathering information this way is great. you should try it oh wait you decided years ago. independents typically make up their minds after the debates when we get to hear specific plans.
  • Like 1

:confused:

That's one of the reasons they gave for refusing to vote for Obama the first time around. Can you ask them why that's no longer important?

They are also incredibly disappointed they didn't get hope and change even though they didn't buy into it in 2008.

It's all very confusing.

I think Obama wins and he is a HORRIBLE president...that just shows you how pathetic the other side is and who they are trotting out.

Oh, let me guess....an Obama-obsessed, flaming liberal doesn't think Obama has a chance?
Who's that? I'm just an intelligent and educated American making a balanced decision. Shame we don't have more of that.

Who's that? I'm just an intelligent and educated American making a balanced decision. Shame we don't have more of that.

OMG :lmao: This is what happens when you have a sugar overdose of Oreos. Edited by Rohn Jambo

Are you offering odds?

How many times are you going to start this thread and not answer this question, Oats?