What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (1 Viewer)

It was sarcasm as he has missed the most games in his career.  Im sure his career isnt over and I assumed others could assume that as well, I assume only 2019 matters right now.

FWIW, I dont care about last season or seasons prior, I care about 2019 and more specifically week 12, where he already missed 4 games (his entire career total), so 1/3 of the fantasy season and missed half a game of another. Yes, I question name brand players, I dont just think they will forever be great because they had success. If he misses another game, I question if he ever plays again in "2019" for fantasy teams for sure.

PLAYERS HAVE TO BE AVAILABLE OR THEY ARE WORTHLESS. He will now be unavailable for 6 games thru 12 weeks, including his bye if he is out this week. missing 4 straight games is a lot in a 13 week season. 

If he doesnt play this week and you are fighting for a playoff spot, you can cut him.
That would be very foolish.

Because his name is Hilton? Well he has gotten 0s 6 of his first 12 weeks if he misses this game. I am learning this site loves the name more than the points because what they did last year.
The guy was putting up top 10 WR numbers before being hurt this year. That’s not last year. 

If you are in a really shallow bench league or you have been killed by injuries and have to win to make the playoffs, I could see cutting him possibly. But he is reportedly healthy, lobbied to play last week, and is supposedly 100% ready to go this Thursday. 

If you’ve been able to hold onto him to this point, I just can’t see cutting a guy that has shown THIS YEAR that he can put up top 10 WR numbers just as he’s reportedly healthy for someone like Slayton or Fuller off of the waiver wire.

The guy was putting up top 10 WR numbers before being hurt this year. That’s not last year. 

If you are in a really shallow bench league or you have been killed by injuries and have to win to make the playoffs, I could see cutting him possibly. But he is reportedly healthy, lobbied to play last week, and is supposedly 100% ready to go this Thursday. 

If you’ve been able to hold onto him to this point, I just can’t see cutting a guy that has shown THIS YEAR that he can put up top 10 WR numbers just as he’s reportedly healthy for someone like Slayton or Fuller off of the waiver wire.
Source? Have not seen this said. 

Because his name is Hilton? Well he has gotten 0s 6 of his first 12 weeks if he misses this game. I am learning this site loves the name more than the points because what they did last year.
Many reasons. #1 it’s silly to include his bye week as 0 since everyone has a bye week. You gonna assign every player a 1 week 0 and hold that against them? Makes no sense. Just start everyone at 0 games missed since they all have the bye. #2 the 4 games he’s missed are a sunk cost at this point. You live in the past you die in the past. He’s a top 20ish wr who is likely 0-1 games away from returning which brings me to #3 which is if you’re really on the playoff fringe and hurting for points right now, trade him to a team who can afford to gamble on his upside, don’t drop him. Even if it’s for a defense with a slightly more favorable matchup than your current defense, or a wr with a good matchup this week although you should be able to do better than that. Makes more sense in the situation you described than just dropping him. For example one of my teams was 7-3 and I traded for him giving Hollywood and Jared Cook to a 4-6 team with nothing at TE and crushed with byes at wr.

Many reasons. #1 it’s silly to include his bye week as 0 since everyone has a bye week. You gonna assign every player a 1 week 0 and hold that against them? Makes no sense. Just start everyone at 0 games missed since they all have the bye. #2 the 4 games he’s missed are a sunk cost at this point. You live in the past you die in the past. He’s a top 20ish wr who is likely 0-1 games away from returning which brings me to #3 which is if you’re really on the playoff fringe and hurting for points right now, trade him to a team who can afford to gamble on his upside, don’t drop him. Even if it’s for a defense with a slightly more favorable matchup than your current defense, or a wr with a good matchup this week although you should be able to do better than that. Makes more sense in the situation you described than just dropping him. For example one of my teams was 7-3 and I traded for him giving Hollywood and Jared Cook to a 4-6 team with nothing at TE and crushed with byes at wr.
Yes, bye weeks have no impact on rosters. I stand corrected.

True or false, if he misses the game this week, he would have six 0s in his stat line thru 12 fantasy weeks? 

When a player is healthy, their bye week is normal, when they are hurt, their bye week is just another week they cant be used. It adds up in reality of running a roster, not a vacuum look at a team. 

It seems everyone thinks trading is easy also, people think trading is still happening in week 12. 

Its week 12, if you need a playoff spot and you are in need of roster spot, you can cut him if he doesnt play. His name aint gonna win you the week. I love how suggesting big names get cut around here is so taboo. 

I’m trying to find the tweet I read yesterday that basically said he was ready to go last week but they held him out one more game to be safe, but my Twitter timeline has way too much to wade through. This tweet is promising, but not quite as much as the other one I read:

https://twitter.com/holderstephen/status/1196484350252109825?s=21
I am more specifically looking for who said he was 100%. If thats the case, you play him. But he didnt practice yesterday, so that doesnt make me think he is 100%. 

He is the prime, he plays and practices before he plays, you play him. If you have him in 15 team roster and need the spaces, you can cut him if you need the spot, which has been my suggestion. 

Yes, bye weeks have no impact on rosters. I stand corrected.

Everyone has a bye. It seems you might be struggling to manage your roster around yours if you’re to the point where you’re blaming a player for having a bye. 

True or false, if he misses the game this week, he would have six 0s in his stat line thru 12 fantasy weeks? 

True. And every other player will have at minimum 1 zero if we’re counting their bye. Alternatively we could do something wild like understand that byes exist and not count them as games missed. I dunno might be out there. Or you can start counting games missed from 1 while the rest of the universe starts them at 0.

When a player is healthy, their bye week is normal, when they are hurt, their bye week is just another week they cant be used. It adds up in reality of running a roster, not a vacuum look at a team. 

Interesting take. So these healthy players don’t have their bye weeks count as games missed, while the hurt ones do, because byes are normal? Now that is out there

It seems everyone thinks trading is easy also, people think trading is still happening in week 12. 

Fair. We could be past your trade deadline. You should have traded him last week in that case. It’s usually fairly easy to see when your league’s trade deadline is.

Its week 12, if you need a playoff spot and you are in need of roster spot, you can cut him if he doesnt play. His name aint gonna win you the week. I love how suggesting big names get cut around here is so taboo. 

If you’re in a small league/short bench league/no trade league, need to win this week, and didn’t plan well enough to trade him before your deadline then I guess in that .1% case you consider cutting him. Assuming he’s out this week of course. I still find it unlikely that if your team has options so good you’d consider cutting a top 20 wr, that you’d be fighting for a playoff spot.

All you did was avoid the fact Hilton has 0 in his stat line for 6 of the 12 weeks if he misses this game total this season and try to attack my team management skills. 

Again, you keep missing the part where I say if he misses this game and why do you care what I say so much if you are just wanting to attack and not discuss, just block me please if we cant discuss the merits and u just want to argue Im such a bad owner. 

Keep calling him a top 20 WR, no, he isnt....He is WR 51 in my league. He isnt in The Top 50 in my league, your hope of what he does when he plays isnt reality of whats actually happening right now. 

Its funny we mock owners for cutting players but not for actually holding on to players who do nothing.  Keep this guy on your team for what he might do and not what he is actually doing is not that great of an idea.

You areguments are the ones people want to make to justify keeping a useless player rostered. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@MikeWellsNFL

13s

Colts TY Hilton said he thought his season was over when he suffered the calf strain nearly a month ago. He sounds like he wants to play Thursday but he has a couple of boxes to check off - GM Chris Ballard, coach Frank Reich and the doctors - before he can return.

Wow, he thought his season was over. So, thats pretty bad. This is nowhere near 100%

All you did was avoid the fact Hilton has 0 in his stat line for 6 of the 12 weeks if he misses this game this season and try to attack my team management skills. 

Again, you keep missing the part where I say if he misses this game and why do you care what I say so much if you are just wanting to attack and not discuss, just block me please. 

Keep calling him a top 20 WR, no, he isnt....He is WR He isnt in The Top 50 in my league, your hope of what he does when he plays isnt reality of whats actually happening right now. 

Its funny we mock owners for cutting players but not for actually holding on to players who do nothing. 
Sigh. I literally said “True” to the question about a 0 6/12 weeks. So I’m not sure how you can call that avoiding it. I maintain that counting a bye week as a missed game is really silly methodology, since again everyone has a bye week. It would be akin to complaining about a player scoring 0 points during halftime within the concept of a single game. “Man, TY had a really good first half and then missed the whole second half with an injury. He didn’t even score a single point during halftime!” Does that sound normal to you?

Anyway aside from that I will reiterate that the games missed are a sunk cost at this point. If you think he’s going to play again in the near future, the missed games don’t matter going forward aside from the obvious elevated chance of getting hurt again. What he will do when he returns and when will he return is what matters. When he does play he puts up top 20 numbers. Saying he’s outside the top 50 on total points obviously doesn’t matter going forward and I suspect you know that. There’s no reason to think his role will change when he returns healthy so he should be what he was before injury. If you don’t believe he will return healthy then that’s a different discussion.

I apologize for anything taken as an attack. As what I hope to be a helpful comment as part of this discussion, if you are in a position where you have to drop an asset like TY Hilton when his return is pending, you should probably be evaluating your roster management though and trying to find out why you are forced to cut bait on an asset of value (unless there are some bizarre extenuating circumstances mentioned in my previous post).

T.Y. Hilton (calf) has not been ruled out for Thursday's game against the Texans.

Hilton said he will play "if all the boxes are checked off." Hilton said he's still seeking "clearance from the doctors" and GM Chris Ballard/coach Frank Reich. Hilton has missed the past three games, and the Colts' passing game has shown very little in his absence. Were Hilton to return, it would be against an exhausted Texans defense. He would slot in as a high-end WR2.

SOURCE: George Bremer on Twitter

Nov 19, 2019, 1:11 PM ET

T.Y. Hilton (calf) remained sidelined for Tuesday's practice.

Hilton projected positivity when meeting with reporters on Tuesday, but he still couldn't earn a "limited" tag with just 48 hours to go until Thursday's game. Hilton won't even need to practice Wednesday to play, but it would greatly enhance his odds of doing so. He should be considered genuinely 50-50 and probably a game-time decision.

Nov 19, 2019, 4:18 PM ET

He'll be on my bench this week, hope he plays well if he plays.  I have viable options with G Tate, Edelman and Sutton.

Yeah Im not risking it in one league (blessed with great WRs Chark, Kupp, Adams and even Deebo). But I have him in another league Ill probably throw him in there over John Brown.

He'll be on my bench this week, hope he plays well if he plays.  I have viable options with G Tate, Edelman and Sutton.
Ill be watching for any video pregame to see how he is cutting and running. If he is inactive, I need the roster space since I cant ir him if he is not declared out prior to the day of the game. 

Dont really care. Im not smart enough to ever bench Adams. If Id bench anyone of that trifecta it would be Kupp but I dont trust Hilton to play a full game yet.
Because of Health or stamina? He can come back and play 90% of the snaps easy. Health? He can always pull something again but if he doesnt this week, does that mean he cant the following week? Injuries are iffy, its about availability and people like me need him available, if he isnt available then he is truly useless to me. 

Because of Health or stamina? He can come back and play 90% of the snaps easy. Health? He can always pull something again but if he doesnt this week, does that mean he cant the following week? Injuries are iffy, its about availability and people like me need him available, if he isnt available then he is truly useless to me. 
Because its a Thursday game and Ive seen too many players come back and reinjure themselves this year. Heck Hilton did it himself in a game he missed practice all week and then left at halftime. Since I have great options, theres no reason to risk it in one league but I do see the value of risking it in my other (where John Brown is likely to be covered by Chris Harris in a low scoring game). JMO.

Yeah Im not risking it in one league (blessed with great WRs Chark, Kupp, Adams and even Deebo). But I have him in another league Ill probably throw him in there over John Brown.
This is what it cones down to.  Hilton is a risky play and can remain on the bench if you have other solid options.   I think I'm starting him.  Hopefully we hear about how is running and cutting during warm ups.  To gauge more decisions, I need two out of Ron Jones, Terry, and TY.   I don't trust Mr. Jones and only need a glimmer of hope for TY to get the nod.   

shadyridr said:
Funny, I’ve got JB in right now in front of TY

JBs floor looks to be about 5-75 and a chance at a score 

If he misses another game, I question if he ever plays again in "2019" for fantasy teams for sure.

If he doesnt play this week and you are fighting for a playoff spot, you can cut him.
Would you please unpack this? 

Are you suggesting, I'd he misses another game, the Colts may actually shut him down in the middle of the playoff race? You walk away from that a bit with "...for fantasy teams for sure."

Even so it means that even if he comes back in week 13 some/most/all fantasy owners won't play him again? That contention seems very odd.

He has scored TDs in 4 of 5.5 games (5 total) and has averages a little over 8 targets/game.

If he's back he should be in your lineup. That has nothing to do with name, that's about numbers.

Would you please unpack this? 

Are you suggesting, I'd he misses another game, the Colts may actually shut him down in the middle of the playoff race? You walk away from that a bit with "...for fantasy teams for sure."

Even so it means that even if he comes back in week 13 some/most/all fantasy owners won't play him again? That contention seems very odd.

He has scored TDs in 4 of 5.5 games (5 total) and has averages a little over 8 targets/game.

If he's back he should be in your lineup. That has nothing to do with name, that's about numbers.
You are wasting your time . 

How does one get in a full practice when the team didnt even practice?  These assumptions always amaze me,  especially its when it is a person who hasnt played or practiced in 3 weeks. 

T.Y. Hilton (calf) is questionable for Week 12 against the Texans.

As is Eric Ebron (ankle). Both were full participants in Wednesday's walkthrough, though, and are expected to play. Hilton's missed Indianapolis' last three contests, which has played a massive part in their passing offense struggling with 168.3 yards per game through the air in that span. Assuming he's active for Thursday, Hilton should be considered a limited WR2/3 against Houston's less than stellar secondary.

SOURCE: Indianapolis Colts on Twitter

Nov 20, 2019, 2:19 PM ET

PREVIOUSNEXT

You are wasting your time . 
Discussion is wasting time? Or discussion you dont want to have or like? We should be looking for any piece of info and let others decide what they want to use. Not asking people to not discuss. What was the point of this response anyways? 

I am fully aware people here love brand names, and perhaps its why they seek advice more than they give it.

But why would I shut down Hilton if he didnt play this week and most def from my fantasy team and cut him. 

We always look for the extra glimpse of info, well:

If you miss 4 weeks cuz of a calf, thats an achilles. Most doctors will tell you, while the injury is in the calf, it has an equal dysfunction on the achilles and if they deny it they are lying and shouldnt be a doctor. Thats what my doctor said to me about my calf injury. A doctor will say if your achilles aint feeling better by then, that achilles will likely pop without more rehab.

However, he is feeling better it seems and if he plays tomorrow and pops his achilles or strains his calf again. I expect apologies. My whole premise has been if he dont play.

This entire game is prognosticating with the info we have. Instead of saying things like "wasting time," provide more yourself, instead of just trying to be mean cuz you dont like a discussion. I provide hard discussion no one wants to discuss, whats the point of not asking or debating tough points. Like cutting big name players and shutting down players who are hurt and we are lied to by the coaching staffs people here still continuously believe the medical and coaching staffs. 

I said James Conner should be shut down and that his removal from injury report was a joke...and alas, he was hurt again and now going to miss more games. Shut Conner down. Its ok to not think like everyone else, sometimes its an advantage.

Edit: I dont think anyone, including myself, is disputing talents and his ability. I will dispute if the doctors and team are being honest with what his injury is and thats based on my own doctor.

Even if TY misses tonight's game, you don't cut him as long as there is a chance that he returns next week. Good WRs that receive consistent targets are not available on most WWs.   I could cut Hilton and try to pick up Tim Patrick or Renfroe but that's just another roll of a different dice.   

Even if TY misses tonight's game, you don't cut him as long as there is a chance that he returns next week. Good WRs that receive consistent targets are not available on most WWs.   I could cut Hilton and try to pick up Tim Patrick or Renfroe but that's just another roll of a different dice.   
Agree, with the caveat that it depends on where your team is and how it's doing...I'm comfortably in 1st in one league, and the guy who had Hilton was on the outside looking in at the last playoff spot.  He dropped him two weeks ago because he needed help ASAP.  I snapped him up because I could afford to lose some points short-term for help in a few weeks.  I could get a situation where you have to win now where you could justify dropping him.  Conversely, I'm in the perfect position to hold him until he gets better.  In my case, I hope they keep him out until he's 100% healthy rather than risk re-injury.

Agree, with the caveat that it depends on where your team is and how it's doing...I'm comfortably in 1st in one league, and the guy who had Hilton was on the outside looking in at the last playoff spot.  He dropped him two weeks ago because he needed help ASAP.  I snapped him up because I could afford to lose some points short-term for help in a few weeks.  I could get a situation where you have to win now where you could justify dropping him.  Conversely, I'm in the perfect position to hold him until he gets better.  In my case, I hope they keep him out until he's 100% healthy rather than risk re-injury.
If he would have hit you up for a trade though, say for your wr4 or 5 or a better defense than his, you would have accepted right?

NFL.com's James Palmer reports T.Y. Hilton (calf) expects to play against the Texans Thursday evening.

It's further confirmation that Hilton is ready to return after missing the past three games. The Texans have openly said they were game planning for Hilton's return, while the receiver has sung the same tune all week. Hilton will immediately slot back in as a high-end WR2 for the domed road contest.
https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1197595337772478467

Discussion is wasting time? Or discussion you dont want to have or like? We should be looking for any piece of info and let others decide what they want to use. Not asking people to not discuss. What was the point of this response anyways? 

I am fully aware people here love brand names, and perhaps its why they seek advice more than they give it.

But why would I shut down Hilton if he didnt play this week and most def from my fantasy team and cut him. 

We always look for the extra glimpse of info, well:

If you miss 4 weeks cuz of a calf, thats an achilles. Most doctors will tell you, while the injury is in the calf, it has an equal dysfunction on the achilles and if they deny it they are lying and shouldnt be a doctor. Thats what my doctor said to me about my calf injury. A doctor will say if your achilles aint feeling better by then, that achilles will likely pop without more rehab.

However, he is feeling better it seems and if he plays tomorrow and pops his achilles or strains his calf again. I expect apologies. My whole premise has been if he dont play.

This entire game is prognosticating with the info we have. Instead of saying things like "wasting time," provide more yourself, instead of just trying to be mean cuz you dont like a discussion. I provide hard discussion no one wants to discuss, whats the point of not asking or debating tough points. Like cutting big name players and shutting down players who are hurt and we are lied to by the coaching staffs people here still continuously believe the medical and coaching staffs. 

I said James Conner should be shut down and that his removal from injury report was a joke...and alas, he was hurt again and now going to miss more games. Shut Conner down. Its ok to not think like everyone else, sometimes its an advantage.

Edit: I dont think anyone, including myself, is disputing talents and his ability. I will dispute if the doctors and team are being honest with what his injury is and thats based on my own doctor.
You may be abrasive in your delivery, but I do have to say you are not boring.  You have repeatedly written things like "people in here", which kind of sounds like you are clumping everyone into a group think.  People don't like it when you suggest they are lemings.  That said, let's get back to the player at hand.  Hilton is a WR1 when he is on the field, as evidenced by his 16.33 FP average.  When he plays, he isn't just TD dependent; he gets targets and translates them into catches.  The problem is, he hasn't been on the field in weeks.  So, do you keep a guy like Hilton on your bench or not?  The answer is easy... it depends.

- Is your bench deep enough?

- Are you in a must-win situation?

- Can you trade him to a team that can afford to stash him?

But to simply say he is a drop because he misses games is not smart, without knowing all the variables.

You may be abrasive in your delivery, but I do have to say you are not boring.  You have repeatedly written things like "people in here", which kind of sounds like you are clumping everyone into a group think.  People don't like it when you suggest they are lemings.  That said, let's get back to the player at hand.  Hilton is a WR1 when he is on the field, as evidenced by his 16.33 FP average.  When he plays, he isn't just TD dependent; he gets targets and translates them into catches.  The problem is, he hasn't been on the field in weeks.  So, do you keep a guy like Hilton on your bench or not?  The answer is easy... it depends.

- Is your bench deep enough?

- Are you in a must-win situation?

- Can you trade him to a team that can afford to stash him?

But to simply say he is a drop because he misses games is not smart, without knowing all the variables.
Thanks for the feedback, Im one of those people who sound different in text then how I convey verbally. People in here, I should have said "some."

I will be playing Hilton tonight because of matchup and choices. I'm not confident in the slightest. If he didnt play, I would have had to cut him because I would have needed the roster spot in a must win. first in points and 6-5 lol Hate this game sometimes. 

What's the over/under on the number of plays he makes it through before exiting?
Who knows but I've decided to play him if he comes out of warmups clean (other options are Pascal or Renfrow).  I got burned by Connor last week but turns out he admitted he wasn't ready.  Fool me once or twice, whatever...

If he would have hit you up for a trade though, say for your wr4 or 5 or a better defense than his, you would have accepted right?
If our trade window wasn't closed, yes.  I'm DEEP at RB, but my WR's are K.Allen, Edelman, and J. Landry.  At that point, I had Z. Pascal (IND) and needed a TE for Kelce's bye week and had Jonnu Smith.  I would have given him Landry.  Potentially one of my 2 DEF (Pittsburgh and SF) for him.  

Instead, I dropped Pascal for Hilton.  I ultimately dropped Jonnu for Christinan Kirk, who I picked up off waivers after his big week...I'm comfortably in 1st in my conference with this being the last week of the regular season (24 team, 2 conference league), so I'm not even going to worry back-filling Kelce with a TE and instead will protect my WR's.

...but that's all more of an assistant Coach thread.  I think Hilton will be a top 20 WR once he comes back.  He's got a nice juicy week 13 match-up with Tampa too - which is likely going to be my 1st playoff week.

If our trade window wasn't closed, yes.  I'm DEEP at RB, but my WR's are K.Allen, Edelman, and J. Landry.  At that point, I had Z. Pascal (IND) and needed a TE for Kelce's bye week and had Jonnu Smith.  I would have given him Landry.  Potentially one of my 2 DEF (Pittsburgh and SF) for him.  

Instead, I dropped Pascal for Hilton.  I ultimately dropped Jonnu for Christinan Kirk, who I picked up off waivers after his big week...I'm comfortably in 1st in my conference with this being the last week of the regular season (24 team, 2 conference league), so I'm not even going to worry back-filling Kelce with a TE and instead will protect my WR's.

...but that's all more of an assistant Coach thread.  I think Hilton will be a top 20 WR once he comes back.  He's got a nice juicy week 13 match-up with Tampa too - which is likely going to be my 1st playoff week.
I can’t fathom how TY gets dropped in a 24 team league. And Kirk wow! Good for you getting those 2 for free.

Hilton History vs Houston

2018 - 9/199/0 and 4/115/0

2017 - 3/14/0 and 5/175/2

2016 - 9/115/1 and 3/49/0

2015 - 3/29/0 and 5/88/0

2014 - 4/50/0 and 9/223/1

2013 - 8/78/0 and 7/121/3

2012 - 4/111/1 and 3/78/1

Hilton History vs Houston

2018 - 9/199/0 and 4/115/0

2017 - 3/14/0 and 5/175/2

2016 - 9/115/1 and 3/49/0

2015 - 3/29/0 and 5/88/0

2014 - 4/50/0 and 9/223/1

2013 - 8/78/0 and 7/121/3

2012 - 4/111/1 and 3/78/1
Are these stats coming from the guy who has said he doesn't care about the past, or a player's name?   ;)

Just kidding.  I am starting Hilton, but I am NOT in a must win situation.  I would love to see him at 100% and play his usual snap count, but I have very little confidence.  He may pull a David Johnson.  I will try to watch some warmups prior to game time.

Are these stats coming from the guy who has said he doesn't care about the past, or a player's name?   ;)

Just kidding.  I am starting Hilton, but I am NOT in a must win situation.  I would love to see him at 100% and play his usual snap count, but I have very little confidence.  He may pull a David Johnson.  I will try to watch some warmups prior to game time.
I aint using them, they have no effect on my playing him or not because I have no choice. But more or less to show he has been all over the place good games and bad. 

The only thing in the past that matters to me is that he has come in and played after not practicing and have big success.

Users who are viewing this thread