What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Britt (2 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

Following Sunday's Week 5 loss to the Chiefs, Titans OC Dowell Loggains had sharp criticism for Kenny Britt.
Working as the No. 3 wideout, Britt had one catch for nine yards. "We're gonna have to reassess everything at this point. We'll evaluate after we watch the tape," Loggains said. "Obviously, I'm not gonna hide anything. He had probably three drops in the game." Loggains was asked if Britt's potential is starting to dry up. "Potential just means you haven't done anything," he responded. Britt is on thin ice in Tennessee and is certainly a trade candidate ahead of the Oct. 29 deadline. It sounds like the Titans will take whatever they can get.

Source: TitanInsider

Loggains needs to reassess himself.

Whatever his deal is, his QBs throw dink N dunk with an occasional bomb and ignore the middle of the field. This is extremely easy for defenses to stop and shortens the field in such a self-inflicted terrible way. Fitz did the very same as Locker so I'm blaming Loggains.

When Locker was comfy...different world for one half, but one half only.

Britt stinks yeah, but Damian was excellent that half and didn't get much of any work this week. Hunter has two of three possible catches for TDs, can't the rook get a little more work?

Damian muffed a punt return, fine if he's benched...to a degree but grrr fine. However, he and only he has played the WR1 position correctly for the Titans this year or last year.

Kendall Wright may be the fastest WR as far as shifting gears-he goes from slowing down to catch a pass to vroom taking off so very quickly. I get why the short pass is there sometimes. Nate is an odd sort of vet that simply gets open often and yet isn't really blessed with size and ability like the great ones.

As mentioned above briefly, CJ runs ten thousand screens and the QB (either) never turns his head. WHY!

Delanie may not have caught a single pass this year other than when the offense was rolling-IE following a good play or two. Why? Can't they actually throw to him to get a tough catch, get things started...anything other than what feels like "let's open things up and throw to Delanie"

Walker is fast and you have an awesome other blocking TE, why can't Walker be out in front of CJ sometimes?

Neither QB looks away and every fan can tell ya where the ball is going.

Munchak coached that OL this summer (thankfully) and they were awesome in preseason. Whats the deal? He doesn't have time yeah, but there's a mindset to a power O and those linemen feed off of it and....

Loggains stinks. Fire him, trade Britt, and let the QB draw some plays in the dirt.

Let's start a twitter campaign to get this guy traded to the Lions, the Pats, the 49ers, anywhere.

@DetroitLionsNFL

@KennyBritt_18

#TradeForBritt

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Speaking Monday, Titans coach Mike Munchak claimed he wanted Kenny Britt to be a "bigger part of the offense."
Munchak's actions suggest otherwise, as Britt played just two snaps in Sunday's loss to the Seahawks. His words are likely just lip service as the Titans try not to nuke what little remains of Britt's trade value. Tennessee appears to be moving on from its former No. 1 receiver.

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Coach Mike Munchak claims he wants Kenny Britt to play 20 snaps a game.
Britt played two snaps in Week 6 and the Titans have been fielding trade calls. Yet Munchak won't give up the positivity. "He needs to play more. He needs to get 20 snaps," Munchak said. "I'd like to give him opportunities to make plays. Maybe he's not starting, and maybe he's not in the starting groups. But he needs to be in the mix, because the guy still has talent." We're not buying these claims from Munchak. The only reason to roster Britt is if you're in a deep league and can stash him in case he's traded to somewhere like Detroit.

Source: Nashville Tennessean

You know you've reached rock bottom, when a former first round NFL WR isn't even playing 20 snaps a game . . .

I've had him pegged as a buy low for a while now. At this point, I'm not even sure he is a buy. There are enough red flags, I'll let someone else burn that roster spot.

His role is not going to significantly improve this year. They've moved on and he's not part of their plans. He should not be rostered in redraft, but he still has dynasty value if he goes to a good situation and gets a fresh start. I'm not holding my breath on it but it's possible.

Rotoworld:

Coach Mike Munchak said the Titans "have no plans" to trade Kenny Britt.
"Obviously, anything can happen," Munchak said. "But he needs to help us win games, and hopefully that will be this weekend." Munchak has been all over the board on Britt. Just last month, he said the team was going to reduce Britt's snaps. Now, he wants Britt back involved. The Titans would surely take a draft pick in exchange for the free-agent-to-be. Britt has all of seven catches this season. He played just two snaps last week against the Seahawks.

Rotoworld:

A source tells Titan Insider's Terry McCormick "there may not be much of a market" for Kenny Britt ahead of Tuesday's trade deadline.
It's "because of his struggles." Britt has been wholly ineffective, losing his starting job to Nate Washington, dropping five passes, and securing a pathetic 8-of-25 targets. Pro Football Focus has charged Britt with six penalties, the most of any NFL receiver despite ranking 90th in snaps played at his position. The Titans should be open to dealing him for a conditional seventh-round pick.

Source: Titan Insider

He reminds me of Lions WR flops of years ago. I just don't see it happening even with a new team

I believe it was last year when a certain long winded staff member was trying his best to convince me that Britt was worth more than Decker in dynasty. I am glad I steered clear of Britt.

The Titans are acting like that guy in every FF League who flogs his "dogs with fleas" to the entire league just prior to cutting them outright:

Kenny Britt being shopped hard by Tennessee Titans

By Chris Wesseling

Around the League Writer

Excerpt:

Kenny Britt told TitanInsider.com on Monday that he would welcome a "fresh start" if the Tennessee Titans opt to trade him ahead of Tuesday's 4 p.m. ET deadline.

If the Titans can find any team willing to part with a late-round draft pick, Britt might just get his ticket out of Nashville.

Appearing on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" on Monday, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported, via several league executives, that the Titans have made it clear to all teams that Britt is available for "not very much."

Added NFL Media columnist Michael Silver, "If you have a 12-pack of Coke and athletic tape, you can have Kenny Britt. Nobody wants him."

It's no surprise that other teams aren't taking the Britt bait. He's been phased out of the offense more because of a litany of drops and penalties than a youth movement. Britt has been one of the least effective wide receivers in the NFL this season.

Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt was held catch-less in Week 9 against St. Louis.
Britt is the Titans' No. 4 receiver, and is in danger of falling to No. 5 behind Kendall Wright, Nate Washington, Damian Williams, and Justin Hunter.

Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt said he isn't sure why he's still barely playing in games.

Over the last three games, Britt has zero catches on zero targets while playing on 33-of-191 snaps (17.2 percent). "I really don't know the reason, and I don't ask the reason why, I just go out there and do my job," he said. "Since I have been benched I have been working 10 times harder ... to show what I can do." Britt understands that making a stink won't help his stock this spring when he hits free agency. He desperately needs a change of scenery.

At this point I'm dynasty stashing him in the off chance Belichick believes "The Patriot Way" can turn him around and he'll get a chance to have Brady throwing to him. And even then, only because I was able to get him at minimum salary.

Other than that kind of chance, this guy seems done.

Rotoworld:

Impending free agent Kenny Britt doesn't believe he got a "fair shake" in Tennessee this season.

A healthy scratch three of Tennessee's final four games, Britt was one of the worst players in the NFL this season, but pointed out that "other receivers dropped balls." He thinks there was a "double standard." He'll learn about someone else's standards next season, as Britt will not be back with the Titans. Britt has already gone on the record as believing that he'll be a No. 1 receiver in 2014.

Source: John Glennon on Twitter
Impending free agent Kenny Britt believes he'll be someone's No. 1 receiver in 2014.

It appears Britt hasn't watched much of his 2013 film — what little there is for a player who's been a healthy scratch twice in the past three weeks. "I am going to tell you: I am going to be a No.1 receiver somewhere else if I am not here next year, and that is guaranteed," Britt proclaimed Thursday. "I am definitely going to be a receiver that makes plays on Sundays and makes something happen for a team." Britt was shaping up as a special talent before his 2011 knee injury, but just hasn't been the same since. Still only 25, Britt has bounce-back potential, but it's extremely unlikely he'll emerge as someone's No. 1.

Dec 26 - 4:35 PM

At this point I'm dynasty stashing him in the off chance Belichick believes "The Patriot Way" can turn him around and he'll get a chance to have Brady throwing to him. And even then, only because I was able to get him at minimum salary.

You would think the Patriots would be fairly sensitive to potential off-the-field distractions given their recent history.

It's hard for me to come up with a situation that would actually make me optimistic about Britt's future at this point. It's hard to believe that he's truly as bad as he showed this year, but it seems like his potential upside has significantly eroded.

There's a huge number of WRs (both current NFL players and draft eligible prospects) that I would rather own in a dynasty league.

You would think the Patriots would be fairly sensitive to potential off-the-field distractions given their recent history. It's hard for me to come up with a situation that would actually make me optimistic about Britt's future at this point. It's hard to believe that he's truly as bad as he showed this year, but it seems like his potential upside has significantly eroded.

There's a huge number of WRs (both current NFL players and draft eligible prospects) that I would rather own in a dynasty league.
Actually, I'd say his upside is intact. His chances of reaching it are what has dwindled horribly. Either way, we'll all know a few games into next year.

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Caplan believes free agent Kenny Britt is "probably looking at a short-term deal."

This is the first blurb we've had on Britt since the season ended, so that's likely an indication he's going to have a cold market. Britt was a healthy scratch for three of Tennessee's final four games and caught just 11 passes for 96 yards last season. He struggled with penalties and drops. Britt believes he still has No. 1 receiver talent. He checks in as our No. 15 free-agent receiver.

Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

I heard some guy spout off that KC was interested because he did well against Reid a million years ago. It was a guy throwing to see what sticks, totally made up. However, veteran QB, no bs, no games type coach...I think it's not a bad idea. Regardless, KC or another team, he has to be held to a standard like some throwback coach from the 60s-give us your all or you're cut. Reid and only a handful of others could handle this well I'm sure. Will britt respond well?

Money will come if he has success. His agent needs to focus on getting him to a team where a veteran coach will right the ship here. I don't think he has but one more chance. Getting signed to be the 5th WR on a team with a poor QB is pretty useless.

Reid's fine, Coughlin and BB would be fine, there's definitely some that could treat him in this manner. Bring him in in May, see if he's still there in July.

I think for dynasty, if you draft late in the summer, he's a fine stash for 6-7 months. He'll be the first guy you cut and it's covered with the draft. If he does well though and gels with a new coach, then there's intrigue.

I think for dynasty, if you draft late in the summer, he's a fine stash for 6-7 months. He'll be the first guy you cut and it's covered with the draft. If he does well though and gels with a new coach, then there's intrigue.
This is the way I look at it too...I may take him in dynasty and even redraft if it's deep enough because he will likely cost next to nothing and there's a tiny chance he comes up really big. If he doesn't do anything then he is the first guy you cut. Seems to me like once a player has shown upside but then looks bad for awhile the consensus is that the upside is no longer there, if that makes sense.

I've seen speculation about him going to the Pats before - kinda makes sense for him to go to a situation like that, plus the Belichick/Rutgers connection, Pats could use a WR, etc. However, I actually think that move might be viewed as enough a positive that he'd get a little more expensive.

This is the way I look at it too...I may take him in dynasty and even redraft if it's deep enough because he will likely cost next to nothing and there's a tiny chance he comes up really big. If he doesn't do anything then he is the first guy you cut. Seems to me like once a player has shown upside but then looks bad for awhile the consensus is that the upside is no longer there, if that makes sense.
I ww added him week 16 in about 3 leagues. Depending on what, if any situation he lands, he might not make it past NFL Draft cuts. But enough potential to keep me interested, barely.

Somehow, I still get more inbound offers for this dude than for almost any other player on any of my rosters. Granted, they're all complete garbage, but the volume across multiple leagues tells me a decent chunk of dynasty owners still like him as a lottery ticket.

Would you pay a late 3rd or 4th round rookie pick?
If it's a league where the late pick is basically a shot in the dark lottery ticket I probably would, simply because we have at least seen Britt perform at a high level in the NFL before and he won't even turn 26 until a few weeks into this season. Where he ends up going will make a big difference, but he could potentially get pricier if he goes somewhere that gets people somewhat excited for him again.

Somehow, I still get more inbound offers for this dude than for almost any other player on any of my rosters. Granted, they're all complete garbage, but the volume across multiple leagues tells me a decent chunk of dynasty owners still like him as a lottery ticket.
Funny, it must vary from league to league...I have him in one dynasty and I dunno if I could give him away. I can definitely understand sending low offers for him though, who knows what happens if he is motivated and goes to the right place. I don't have my hopes up though.

If it's a league where the late pick is basically a shot in the dark lottery ticket I probably would, simply because we have at least seen Britt perform at a high level in the NFL before and he won't even turn 26 until a few weeks into this season. Where he ends up going will make a big difference, but he could potentially get pricier if he goes somewhere that gets people somewhat excited for him again.

Funny, it must vary from league to league...I have him in one dynasty and I dunno if I could give him away. I can definitely understand sending low offers for him though, who knows what happens if he is motivated and goes to the right place. I don't have my hopes up though.
I also own him in one 14 team league. I could drop him outright and no one would bat an eye.

I also own him in one 14 team league. I could drop him outright and no one would bat an eye.
How deep are rosters in that one? I definitely think he's getting snapped up immediately if 100+ WRs are rostered. In most of my deeper leagues I'm carrying multiple guys I'd cut way before Britt considering he's a UFA.

How deep are rosters in that one? I definitely think he's getting snapped up immediately if 100+ WRs are rostered. In most of my deeper leagues I'm carrying multiple guys I'd cut way before Britt considering he's a UFA.
24 man rosters with a devy player. I'm exaggerating a bit, but I tried to get a 2nd round pick and was quickly rebuffed by every owner, no counters.

I would.

In the 4th of a rookie draft, I get WRs no one wants that sit on my bench for 2-3 years til they pan out or I drop them. In some ways, this will save me time. I actually like having a free roster spot for week one and...I wouldn't sweat this a bit.

Rotoworld:

The Nashville Tennessean reports the Titans have no plans to re-sign free agent Kenny Britt.

This comes as no surprise. Britt wore out his welcome in Tennessee, and the Titans have Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter and Nate Washington settled in as their top three receivers. Britt still believes he can be a No. 1 receiver but will likely have to settle for a one-year deal. He needs to cut back on drops and penalties.

Rotoworld:

The Nashville Tennessean reports the Titans have no plans to re-sign free agent Kenny Britt.

This comes as no surprise. Britt wore out his welcome in Tennessee, and the Titans have Kendall Wright, Justin Hunter and Nate Washington settled in as their top three receivers. Britt still believes he can be a No. 1 receiver but will likely have to settle for a one-year deal. He needs to cut back on drops and penalties.

No dynasty owners want Britt to stay. Britt does not want to stay in Tenn. Is it news that Tenn does not want to re-sign him? All parties are in agreement here: time to move on.The team that picks Britt is not going to sign him to play WR4. Britt will be a starter this year on a new team and a fresh slate. Also, Britt did not pick Tenn. He will pick his next team and be in a much better mental place.

Most people do not give change enough credit. Tenn and Britt were never a fit. Lets see what the guy can do with a new opportunity. 3rd round rookie pick for Britt? Play to win the game.

Rotoworld:

ESPN Redskins blogger John Keim reports the team is interested in free agent Kenny Britt.
Washington is also interested in Bengals restricted free agent Andrew Hawkins and could also target Darren Sproles once/if he's let go by the Saints. Coming off three down seasons with the Titans, Britt shouldn't command more than a one-year deal. He's missed a total of 23 games the past four years. Britt is still just 25 but may be damaged goods. He's still worth a flier.

Related: Darren Sproles, Andrew Hawkins, Redskins

Source: ESPN.com

Users who are viewing this thread